• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Update 1.02.14877

piohh

Baronet
Thats not thrue or?

It's ok. if the KI will be work better but why in the hell the KI wait all the time in forest? If i don't go to this units nothing... I can wait hours.

And all Units attack Artlilery first. Its not importend if a Rifleman is near this Units nooo... run away to your Artillery.
Ok. you don't need longer Artillery for your attacking units... or you will repair it all the time, but for what? PvP?
PvP isn't a fun in the future if you need with 145% Bonus all the time new units... what ppl. do without Bonus?

This update is crap

Last edited:

DeletedUser3944

Quite interesting, I just tried a few small battles, only spearmen opposing. They did indeed stay in forests far from my troops. It's something I have been thinking for a long time: One of my standard tactics in battle is to set up strong defense units in terrain that gives defense bonus, and put my short and long range behind this line. Then wait for AI to advance, hopefully splitting up his units a bit so I can pick them off as they arrive little by little. Why doesn't the AI do that? It is defending, after all - it should leave the hassle and risk of advancement to the attacker :) Well, now it seems it does. Although this tactics really shouldn't be used when the attacker has long range units :p

piohh

Baronet
A attacker this morning lose 5 units and two units had only 1 Healpoint left and one unit 10. I think its not funny for attackers and he is the only one who lose real units...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

There have been several changes to the battle system that are not favourable to the attacker. It would be helpful if the devs produced a changelog for this version.

DeletedUser

There have been several changes to the battle system that are not favourable to the attacker. It would be helpful if the devs produced a changelog for this version.

As always, there will be a changelog. And, again as always, it will be announced next week. Short version of it: Yes, there's an improved AI.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser740

I like the new and improved AI. Makes battles much more interesting, strategic and, dare I say it, realistic. If I have a jaeger that is tucked up in a forest, I'm going to stay there and wait for the battle to come to me. So it makes sense that the AI should behave in the same manner.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your reply, Anwar.
I think I will now take some time off until the changelog appears, then rearrange my units accordingly :)

piohh

Baronet
But this will kill PvP and fight... sure you can win any fights again but u need after 4-6 big fights wait nearly 4 hours to heal your units... and thats with a bonus of 145% attack/defence

and thats really bad and to much improved... =
bad.gif

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
bad.gif

Actually, that would mean the AI has truly improved a lot. :p Maybe a bit too much, from what you're saying (I haven't tested this yet), but it was slightly ridiculous that with just 50% attack bonus people could go through their whole neighborhood with pretty much no casualties.

BestWarrior

Baronet
But this will kill PvP and fight... sure you can win any fights again but u need after 4-6 big fights wait nearly 4 hours to heal your units... and thats with a bonus of 145% attack/defence

bad.gif

In some point you are right, but think, your neighbors/oponents will have the same problem...
considering the GB's with the defense bonus in the last level and some more watchfires in the city, it'll be to difficult for those who doesn't have any atack bonus to make PvP.

DeletedUser

Actually, that would mean the AI has truly improved a lot. :p

I have actually spent half of this day just running AI vs AI battles, observing the AI behaviour and tweaking some things here and there. So get ready for an even MORE improved AI by next Monday.

Regards,

Anwar

Last edited by a moderator:

piohh

Baronet
In some point you are right, but think, your neighbors/oponents will have the same problem...
considering the GB's with the defense bonus in the last level and some more watchfires in the city, it'll be to difficult for those who doesn't have any atack bonus to make PvP.

u can be sure thats some ppl. don't build all the time new units or they attack only small accounts to get points.
How much time you will spend for PvP each day? 8 Hours? I don't think so...

DeletedUser2752

I have actually spent half of this day just running AI vs AI battles, observing the AI behaviour and tweaking some things here and there. So get ready for an even MORE improved AI by next Monday.

Regards,

Anwar
Have you looked at heal times? I don't want improved AI until my units will actually heal in 4 hours

piohh

Baronet
I like the new and improved AI. Makes battles much more interesting, strategic and, dare I say it, realistic. If I have a jaeger that is tucked up in a forest, I'm going to stay there and wait for the battle to come to me. So it makes sense that the AI should behave in the same manner.

And for what? For PvP? I don't spend so much time for PvP... it's a game and not my life. you can be sure that many players leave this GAME if this AI is realeased on puplic servers. Only the attacker lose real Units and can wait after 5-6 figts thats the units are healed... thats not funny for all. For myself I can say ... I will only produce and earn money and goods... not nothing more. This AI is crap and some players never can take provinces without bonuses of GB's.

DeletedUser740

Players have been begging for an improved AI. I hardly see them leaving in droves because of this.

If you cannot take a province, then get a GB. Or.. wait until you have more advanced units. There's no need to rush through the map, you know. If you have to wait a couple of hours for healing, then wait. Attacking wasn't a complete cake walk before; units were either lost or severely injured. That hasn't changed. You just need to be a bit more strategic now.

piohh

Baronet
haha...

one ppl. attack me with 4 Rifleman, 3 Howitzer and 1 Fieldgun... he lose all units only one of my Lancer are dead...

and this is a game... not real. This ppl. need a chance to take cities.

one unit need 4 hours to recruit. And it's can't be thrue thats you need CA Units to get HMA Sectors without GB's. GB is a option not a must have.

DeletedUser

And for what? For PvP? I don't spend so much time for PvP... it's a game and not my life. you can be sure that many players leave this GAME if this AI is realeased on puplic servers. Only the attacker lose real Units and can wait after 5-6 figts thats the units are healed... thats not funny for all. For myself I can say ... I will only produce and earn money and goods... not nothing more. This AI is crap and some players never can take provinces without bonuses of GB's.

I don't really see the problem here? Are you complaining that the AI is finally smart enough to be a challenge or are you just desperate that you can't lol-win anymore?

Yes, the AI is smart now, but that's how it should be. It shouldn't be possible to attack your entire neighborhood within 1 hour and still have all units alive. Battles will be much more about thinking and strategy now, and not lol-kills becouse the heavy infantry desides hug a tree.

- - -

Anwar: I would like to discuss a new battlesystem design suggestion with you, so I sent you a PM. Would be so happy from an answer :)

piohh

Baronet
? from where u get the time of one hour? One healpoint need the time of 24 minutes...

the only one who lose units is the attacker not the defence... the result is easy one small Players will be attacked. you get the same amount of points if you get 5.000 from this player or you lose the 1/2 of your units and fight against a neighbor with the chance of 10.000 Points. = you get 5.000 Point's... but u don't need to pay for recruit.

And no problem I don't lose this fights... but I'm not alone and some players don't have more then bonus of 50% of her attacking units.

and now whats this?
my Lancer have a bonus of 145% = 98 Defence from where there EMA Unit get the chance of Retaliation Damage 0-1???

lancerz8uen.png