• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

-Alin-

Emperor
how many units do you have ?

my guess:
the more units people have the more lag they get :rolleyes:

Yes the more You have in a stack, the more lag it gets when You click fast to select units.

CPU is the key part here now, on a dual core-4 threads i5 7200u(my old laptop) selecting units is laggish and get a lot of delay between selecting units.
On my other computers/laptops selecting units is like normal, very fast when clicking on them, no delay or lag, but the Issue on my other computers was the overall lag on GbG, after several fights the Windows become more and more slower, even after refresh keeps the same, that's untill I change the setting with stack to normall and everything goes fine ...

qaccy

Emperor
If better army management wasn't the point of the update, I don't know what is.
The point of the update was allowing units to stack. Seemed clear enough to me.

1) Defending units should stack as well or be moved elsewhere - they keep getting in the way and the only real solution is to not have any at all
2) Damaged units should be listed after the last stacked unit - otherwise they get in the way
3) please prioritize rogues in the sorting of the stacks such that they always appear in the first spot as long as they fulfill the current filter requirements (drummers and banner guards should remain at the end of the list though)
All of this is outside the scope of this update IMO. Inno wasn't overhauling the army management UI here. Each of your points would require doing that for various reasons:
1) Defending units have always been listed ahead of everything else in the window, assuming the type(s) of units are currently visible in the selected tab/age.
2) Damaged units have always been listed directly after healthy units of the same type. Keep like with like, basically.
3) Similar to #3, and this is a bit of a personal peeve as well, Rogues shouldn't be treated any differently from other units in the management window. They're a No Age unit, just like Color Guards and Military Drummers. Most people don't consider this when they talk about a change like this, but you actually acknowledge it which kinda makes it even worse. No Age is still technically an age, so no, Rogues should not be separated from other units of its age like that. That'd be like asking for Hover Tanks to always be displayed first in the list, or Anti-Aircraft Vehicles, or any other unit that's popular to battle with. Rogues are grouped with their age like any other unit, simple as that.

The point of the update was allowing units to stack. Seemed clear enough to me.
Yeah, for army management.

I don't stack my towels just to stack towels - I do it so I have better organization in my bathroom.

There's no reason to shoot down peoples ideas. Yes, it is organized the same as before - but this is the feedback forum where we are proposing changes to make the game better. Why not change it if the devs are looking at this issue right now?

Emberguard

Emperor
All of this is outside the scope of this update IMO. Inno wasn't overhauling the army management UI here.
It's still worth bringing up now, because if Inno's ever going to take it into consideration it's when Inno is currently working on something related. Sure it may not receive a change right now. But if it's forwarded now then it's at least on the table for when they want to improve it further even if it ends up being years later

CrashBoom

Legend
and old saying:
speak now or shut up forever

reason is simple:
feedback here is forwarded soon and maybe even considered before it goes live
but it wouldn't make sense to suggest it later as a seperate idea: before the idea would even be forwarded this feature is already released on live. and implementing it would take at least 2 more years

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The point of the update was allowing units to stack.
yes - but without our suggestions for improvement, the benefit of what the unit stacking will deliver is close to nil if those suggestions are not attended to

PS: the only reason the defending units are still in the unit selection is because they can still be used for attacking (what is beyond reasonable in my opinion)
like the PvP Arena units they should just be hidden (unless "blue mode" is active) or maybe be displayed in the top right section of the army management screen (which is empty anyways)
nobody really will care, whether the defending units are available for attacking as well or not (PPS: it might slightly reduce the use that players get from higher age units I guess)

Emberguard

Emperor
PS: the only reason the defending units are still in the unit selection is because they can still be used for attacking (what is beyond reasonable in my opinion)
like the PvP Arena units they should just be hidden (unless "blue mode" is active) or maybe be displayed in the top right section of the army management screen (which is empty anyways)
That would work for Desktop, I suspect it wouldn't really work for Mobile as they don't have a blue button mode

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Actually, like idea thread, feedback thread also need to keep one filter. Ideas already forwarded should not be mentioned as feedback for new change. I know, it is inevitable especially in stacking units logic, but

For many years waiting, army management got a first update. If we check the ideas from minimum 3 forums, mostly asked things in this feedback thread are already forwarded and some are sleeping in already suggested list.

- Extra tab for rogues or no age units
- Extra button for defending units
- hide defending units

Now new one, hide damaged units.
Actually from this thread, only two solution fits for me but Dev's needs to do slight code change which is very minimal, suggested by @nice2haveu and @All Free Now.
Made some tweaks on it to cover most of the possibility like earlier approach mentioned below,

Introducing a new tab for stack units and bringing two setting to control all units tab. It fits for Mobile and PC.

Setting/Config:

Main setting

- Current setting introduced by Dev's for stacked unit logic - active or inactive
Sub setting
  • (1) All units tabs - active or inactive
  • (2) Stacked units tab - active or inactive

Worst setting will be enabling all three, if any user still wants like that.

Best setting will be enabling main and child (2) setting.

Here, all defending units will be not seen when setting 1 gets deactivated. But it will be visible in its respective units category tab as a first option. User picked defending units, so they should be aware which unit category they picked. Just one small sacrifice needed from user on this to go and see defending units on their respective area.

And for damaged units, stacked units by default display only health units. So like defending units, damaged units also visible only in their respective area when setting 1 gets deactivated.

Just one change in Mobile and PC and it works with every possibility.

This solves everyone's problem in the army management window. I don't see, why Dev's not making this change in first place. Just assume, if this get present in @Juber announcement, everyone will be more happy and all will use the stacked units setting without any problem.

Inno is funny. 95% of people are bringing facts about this event and EG5, but Inno says they are doing a good job with the changes because 5% are happy and satisfied. I guess I'll start saying good things even if they're bad so Inno won't know if your customers are really enjoying it or not and your only parameter will be when your players become inactive and there's not much inflow of new players after all until the beginning of the game, if those who are starting don't know that the game is long term, they leave even before the person reaches the iron age.

Gedrog

Squire
It is a step in the right direction but I think like everyone else having the ability to hide unhide damaged units is a good idea to add

However the feature I really want is to pre-program an army unit layout at least 4 layouts select layout click reload done, spending less time unloading and reloading units, definitely reduce the old RSI

Last edited:

Gedrog

Squire
Yeah, for army management.

I don't stack my towels just to stack towels - I do it so I have better organization in my bathroom.

There's no reason to shoot down peoples ideas. Yes, it is organized the same as before - but this is the feedback forum where we are proposing changes to make the game better. Why not change it if the devs are looking at this issue right now?
Used towels go in the Laundry bin out of sight LOL

Eleanor VII

Farmer
Perhaps someone already posted this - I think it would be better if all injured units were displayed after rogues, that way they wouldn't pile up, causing us to leaf through the army windows, which IMO defeats the purpose of this whole stacking units thing. I guess "pile up" isn't the right term here, but you get my point :)