• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
logo.png

On Thursday, April 20th, we enable you to stack your units!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "The stack overflows!" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

nice2haveu

Baronet
Why not grouping the damaged units?

SQL:
SELECT t.UnitId, t.Health, COUNT(1)
  FROM PlayerArmy t
 GROUP BY t.UnitId, t.Health

There, I wrote the code for it :p.
Grouping is easy, healing the damaged unit based on user choice is difficult because of grouping. I don't know, who is using heal option still, but because of them it is affecting the majority.

nice2haveu

Baronet
Very nice update. I agree with CrashBoom, I think a checkmark to hide/show them directly in the army menu would be ideal, something like this:

View attachment 9485
Instead of "Hide Damaged units", I wish for "Hide Defending Units". For PC it is 4 defending units in each row, but for mobile, it is 8 units in the same (single) row and using fingers to click the required units for battle. Hope they fix this one day!!

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Why it is needed?
Damaged unit will move to the last set of same army unit type and it will be easy to use even with having few damages in it. Really not getting the reason for hiding the damaged unit.
It does depend a bit on how it's implemented. If the damaged units are placed behind all other stacked units, it's fine. If they are placed right after the stacked unit of the same type (which I expect), they'll make it so you have to scroll again to get to other units, especially rogues. If that's the case, the hide option will ensure that you can always have your main units and rogues in the same "window", without having to scroll.

Quoras

Merchant
I think this will solve some problems but on the other hand I think it cant really solve the agent problem. Most fighters i know including myself destroy light units to have easy access to agents. But if wounded are still shown in a certain way you only have to do a few fights and then your selection window will be flodded with them again. But I aprreaciate the effort and that something is done

ArklurBeta

Baronet
healing the damaged unit based on user choice is difficult because of grouping

Why? You want to heal the unit that has only 1 HP. There is a stack of 5 units with 1 HP only. You click on the stack and 1 of the units get healed.
You clicked once for each unit to be healed before, you click once for each unit after, nothing changes here. Obviously it needs extra coding, but don't feel like it's a huge deal.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Why it is needed?
Damaged unit will move to the last set of same army unit type and it will be easy to use even with having few damages in it. Really not getting the reason for hiding the damaged unit.
because it will show
1 ranged, all damaged ranged, 1 heavy, all damaged heavy, 1 champion, all damaged champions, 1 light, all damaged light, and the other 2 category and after that rogues
(the 1 will be 2 if you have attacked units too, 1 unattached stack, 1 attached stack each)

so if you fight with ranged then you have damaged ranged filling the whole viewable part of the windows
so if you want to use other (especially the rogues) then you still must scroll.
in SHORT: for selecting rogues you sooner or later must scroll again :rolleyes:

but if it shows: 1 ranged, 1 heavy, 1 champion, 1 light, 1 fast, 1 artillery, 1 rogue (and the 2 crappy units at the end)
YOU WOULD NEVER EVER NEED TO SCROLL AGAIN (if you set the age filter to one age) if damaged units are hidden :p

but why do you need to see damaged units :rolleyes:
I have enough units to ALWAYS chose undamaged ones
(but you still could see them if you want: it would be an option to select not forced on you like the current view of damages units is forced on me)

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
because it will show
1 ranged, all damaged ranged, 1 heavy, all damaged heavy, 1 champion, all damaged champions, 1 light, all damaged light, and the other 2 category and after that rogues
(the 1 will be 2 if you have attacked units too, 1 unattached stack, 1 attached stack each)

so if you fight with ranged then you have damaged ranged filling the whole viewable part of the windows
so if you want to use other (especially the rogues) then you still must scroll.
in SHORT: for selecting rogues you sooner or later must scroll again :rolleyes:

but if it shows: 1 ranged, 1 heavy, 1 champion, 1 light, 1 fast, 1 artillery, 1 rogue (and the 2 crappy units at the end)
YOU WOULD NEVER EVER NEED TO SCROLL AGAIN (if you set the age filter to one age) if damaged units are hidden :p

but why do you need to see damaged units :rolleyes:
I have enough units to ALWAYS chose undamaged ones
(but you still could see them if you want: it would be an option to select not forced on you like the current view of damages units is forced on me)
Each unit has it's health bar and one bar point got damaged (which is in red color), the entire unit wil be hidden with the logic you mentioned. For hover tanks, even if it has 7 red bar point damaged, chances are there to get victory in the battles. For sure, you might have used like these in GE4 or GbG with high attrition. I agree on damaged unit shouldn't disturb when healthy unit are there, but it varies for each situation with ligh and heavy unit based on opponent army units.

Still not tested visually the stacked units in beta, once tested I will have more clarity.

CrashBoom

Legend
the entire unit wil be hidden with the logic you mentioned.
yes all hidden except the one healthy unit stack (or 2 if you have attached units but attached can already be hidden)

For hover tanks, even if it has 7 red bar point damaged,
if you only have that one hover tank you could turn "hiding damaged" off

but it varies for each situation with ligh and heavy unit based on opponent army units.
I only ever have one situation
select healthy units :D (if I want to fight with damaged units I don't switch units at all :p to fight faster)
(and other people still mustn't hide damaged units, it would be an option to turn on or off, not a forced situation)

and with hide damaged units (and select my age) the army windows would always show all different units
AND NEVER EVER SCROLLING
to the right: there are the rogues. but if you scroll too much to the right then you only see damaged rogues
but for the stacked healthy rogues you need to scroll somewhere to the middle)

once tested I will have more clarity.
but a good test would create so much damage units of each kind (at least 20) that you see how they interfere with the 1 stack of each kind

Last edited:

nice2haveu

Baronet
if you only have that one hover tank you could turn "hiding damaged" off
Just gave a example with hover tank. For higher rank players, who gets plenty of army units produced daily or in stock, my point is a cheap one. But unfortunately, they are not the only ones playing the game here.

As a fact, there are other important things to adjust before hiding damaged units and this one is not suitable for every players whereas hide defending units will be a best fit for every players in the game while stacked units in place.