• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

nice2haveu

Baronet
Some of us thinking in beta community as having privileges to get the control on the game by giving feedbacks. But truth is, all of them kept as a helping hand only to make sure live server do not get any crappy things unknowingly.

Truth is well known to all members, but desires raised from the game completely spoiling the knowledge and making most of us arguing unnecessarily on feature released early or lately in the live server.

As a fact, no one told exact date and time to hit the live server for any feature and all our feedbacks said one thing very clearly, stacking feature is fine but need SOMETHING extra to feel better. There is no stand points for anyone to argue on anything happened on the live server. It's just a chit-chat on feedback page now.

AllamHRK

Baronet
Yes, but:

Gutta cavat lapidem non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

(The drop hollows out the rock not by force but by frequent falling.)

And how many years or centuries does it take for a drop to excavate a friendly stone? Guess you don't have all that time...

Besides, do you really want to spend your whole life harping on and on about something as irrelevant as this to no avail? I don't know, there are so many better things to do, even better games, anyway, just a thought... good luck with your battle to save this game.

Beta King

Viceroy
So if the complaints/suggestions to do something with the injured troops fell on deaf ears here where do we go to lodge our complaints since it is in live servers now, should we put a ticket in the live to have this option added to make the stacking usable? Can we start a discussion/poll on beta forum somewhere to have the option to move them to the end or hide them altogether? I personally don't want to give up this easy...

Kronan

Viceroy
Same thing with the reduced diamonds yields from GE4 and the "pressure" from Beta regarding the SC/WT attrition-bypass patch?o_O I'm confident in that. Like someone else said this is like: doing the same thing and expecting another outcome.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” That witticism— is usually attributed to Albert Einstein.

Why it is needed?
Damaged unit will move to the last set of same army unit type and it will be easy to use even with having few damages in it. Really not getting the reason for hiding the damaged unit.
With all the injured units shown it gets difficult and time consuming to scroll to the uninjured units you want.
Say in EMA, get 40 damaged mercenaries and then scroll to find the armored infantry units. They are way out in right field...

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
all the injured units shown it gets difficult and time consuming to scroll to the uninjured units you want.
What difficult????

For years, myself crying for the same problem in army management using mobile to pick the normal units itself.
As a mobile user, stacked units solved one big problem of scrolling.

All people who wish to use damaged unit 9/10, 8/10, 7/10 health bar of heavy/light unit type, need to scroll last. That is not a good suggestion. Hiding is even worst.

All Free Now

Marquis
What difficult????

For years, myself crying for the same problem in army management using mobile to pick the normal units itself.
As a mobile user, stacked units solved one big problem of scrolling.

All people who wish to use damaged unit 9/10, 8/10, 7/10 health bar of heavy/light unit type, need to scroll last. That is not a good suggestion. Hiding is even worst.
It is not difficult, but irritating for mobile players like me.

First, defending army loaded, then switch tab or scroll them to see normal units and then utilize stacked units.

Second, if units gets injured, it is displayed alongside same type unit and what irritated more is, having less than 80 heavy units daily and making 10 or 15 battles approximately giving almost 70 heavy units damage and selecting 5 heavy units and 3 rogues is much cumbersome. As a mobile users, we are used to it by scroll and switch (age and unit type) tabs for rogue selection which is not a proper way and everyone knows the pain in army management window.

This is nowhere related to stacked units, since this issue available without stacked units too but visibly note by all pc users now only because of stacked units feature.

Ice bear

Squire
I want delete some old units from previous age. And if i delete around 19 pcs same units..for example Longbow archer. Than i am not able delete more. I must close Army managment and again open it. And again only 19 units.

WHY INNO? It si same for me on live server too.

CrashBoom

Legend
I want delete some old units from previous age. And if i delete around 19 pcs same units..for example Longbow archer. Than i am not able delete more. I must close Army managment and again open it. And again only 19 units.

WHY INNO? It si same for me on live server too.
I would say 20

and why ?
because the game loads only 20 healthy unattached units of the same type
same behaviour as before the stacking

Kronan

Viceroy
I'm on mobile in the LIVE world, and here in "beta" on PC.

I've turned OFF stacking for live playing on Mobile - I may go back and try it again, but right now, the "first blush" is that I'm less efficient, doing more swipes, some incorrect.

Mobile ISSUE 1: The beauty of the old way (original non-stack) was that you could swipe to load your army in a more productive fashion because you'd have a long HORIZONTAL row of similar warriors. Now with a COMPACT representation for a SINGLE FRESH warrior with a x### count, and lots of damaged ones after this 1, I am swiping back in damaged warriors, vs fresh ones. In other words, when it was NON_STACKED, I could swipe on a horizontal line of single rogues, and be sure to get one. Not with stacked warriors.

Mobile ISSUE 2: Many times, the warrior you want to use is "way down the line".... and not directly under the army management well, where the warriors are placed for the battle. On mobile, since it's now more distilled with stacking, you have to slide the entire army of warrior types line left, so as to place the warrior type you choose to use UNDER that well, so you can swipe in the count of warriors you want. You'd think this would alternately work by taking the WARRIOR type (with the x###) touching it, and clicking the ADD function (+). Yes it does.... BUT for a single warrior. Ihe screen for adding then exits and to add a 2nd, 3rd, etc.... it have to be re-invoked - each time.

This is so non-ergonomic - it's painful and can't be tolerated for long.

Mobile is functional - but is tough sometimes with the need for perfect placement touch, and swipe. There are facilities for fixing this as a designer, but until that happens inside the company (to embrace game ergonomics and ease-of-use...) the way we have to work it is NOT bettered by stacking.

So for mobile. I"ve turned it off.

On beta on PC, I'm using STACKED warriors, and studying it. My needs are different in that I'm only in the Iron age, have no advanced age warriors (yet), and have smaller counts and fighting demands (only GE) to tend to.

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm on mobile in the LIVE world, and here in "beta" on PC.

I've turned OFF stacking for live playing on Mobile - I may go back and try it again, but right now, the "first blush" is that I'm less efficient, doing more swipes, some incorrect.

Mobile ISSUE 1: The beauty of the old way (original non-stack) was that you could swipe to load your army in a more productive fashion because you'd have a long row of similar warriors. Now with a COMPACT representation for a SINGLE FRESH warrior with a x### count, and lots of damaged ones after this 1, I am swiping back in damaged warriors, vs fresh ones. In other words, when it was NON_STACKED, I could swipe on a horizontal line of single rogues, and be sure to get one. Not with stacked warriors.

Mobile ISSUE 2: Many times, the warrior you want to use is "way down the line".... and not directly under the army management well, where the warriors are placed for the battle. On mobile, since it's now more distilled with stacking, you have to slide the entire army of warrior types line left, so as to place the warrior type you choose to use UNDER that well, so you can swipe in the count of warriors you want. You'd think this would alternately work by taking the WARRIOR type (with the x###) touching it, and clicking the ADD function (+). Yes it does.... BUT for a single warrior. Ihe screen for adding then exits and to add a 2nd, 3rd, etc.... it have to be re-invoked - each time.

This is so non-ergonomic - it's painful and can't be tolerated for long.

Mobile is functional - but is tough sometimes with the need for perfect placement touch, and swipe. There are facilities for fixing this as a designer, but until that happens inside the company (to embrace game ergonomics and ease-of-use...) the way we have to work it is NOT bettered by stacking.

So for mobile. I"ve turned it off.

On beta on PC, I'm using STACKED warriors, and studying it. My needs are different in that I'm only in the Iron age, have no advanced age warriors (yet), and have smaller counts and fighting demands (only GE) to tend to.
I agreed with you, I've also disabled unit stacking on mobile. It's useful to check how many units of a certain type of unit I have. While on pc this information is shown in the pop-up of the unit information. It's not present in mobile.
I've found more use in the unit type filters. Which where present since day 0.

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
Thank you, Inno. I would love the enhancement of being able to toggle between showing injured troops and hiding them. Another welcome enhancement would be to display the non-injured troops of all kinds first and then display the injured troops.

But even if those enhancements don't come about, I am still scrolling less than I used to. I find the troops I want much more quickly and easily. The troop stacking as it is now is still an improvement over scrolling past many troops to get to ones I want. And it is nice to see at a glance how many of each I have.

So again, thank you.