• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Unit stacking is here!

Need one setting/config to hide the "general" units tab which is showing everything.

Or

Remove that tab and introduce two new tabs, "defending units tab" (city and PvP defense army can be shown here) and "stacked units tab". As a clarification damaged units won't be entering stacked units tab with the current logic which Dev's introduced. Specific unit category shows the damaged unit.

Users won't be shocked where the unit gone anytime. Even if they get shocked using it two or three times they will get used to it.

So, a new config like,

Hide the general (all) units tab - Active or Inactive
Whenever this is inactive, defending units tab will be created as a separate tab (or replacing the general tab).

Stacked units - Active or Inactive
Stacked unit logic and stacked unit tabs will be applied when active.

If users enable everything, general tab and stacked units tab also available. But that is too much for a player to enable. They can optimize it based on their game play style.

On principle, I like it - but please remember that a whole lot of your players (particularly, I am sure, the ones who spend money) are, um, in their golden years. For some reason the new system makes the icons appear smaller, and harder to identify with the number in front of the icon. Maybe make the whole box and each of the icon boxes (for lack of better description) bigger?

And while we're there, how about adding a way to delete x of whatever? With the old system, I just kept a few of troops I rarely use, contrary to appearances it was easier to delete a few units that way.

Alma65

Merchant
I don´t like it at all. Now it´s so hard to find the units that I can use under all the wounded ones.
Please give an option to switch the grouping off!

XIA*

Marquis
I don´t like it at all. Now it´s so hard to find the units that I can use under all the wounded ones.
they are always AHEAD of the injured ones. Pretty easy to find and see your units. I really like this change. It was a nightmare to keep scrolling during a GBG fight to pick up unwounded units.

qaccy

Emperor
If I may ask, how did you handle things before this update? Wounded units are displayed exactly the same now as they always have been. Nothing changed here because that wasn't the point of the update.

Bucchioni

Farmer
it would be handy if the grouped units always stay still in the starting position, so it's easier to find them...
in the case of light units it helps to deal with rogues

Attachments

• Unità.jpg
    Unità.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 17

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
One wonders what is the point of discussing suggestions if Inno only reads the first sentence without understanding that by their exchanges the players often manage to determine the errors which would result from it.

qaccy

Emperor
it would be handy if the grouped units always stay still in the starting position, so it's easier to find them...
in the case of light units it helps to deal with rogues
This happened prior to the update as well. Damaged units have always 'pushed back' units of a lower age than them, because higher age units have always appeared ahead of lower age units. Nothing's been changed here.

Minigal

Farmer
I've tried this, and the one thing I don't like, is the injured troops, when they build up, push back the other different troops (uninjured), and you still have to scroll to find the troops or rogues that you need. That's harder and more time consuming, IMO. I went back to clicking on the tabs to get my troops like I did before this came about, which I think this stacking method was made to eliminate doing. And I find it now harder to click on the one troop, rather than just randomly in a center of the screen to pick the troops fast. I may get used to it, or it might just annoy me to the point I turn it off. The count of the troops is nice, though.

If I may ask, how did you handle things before this update? Wounded units are displayed exactly the same now as they always have been. Nothing changed here because that wasn't the point of the update.
I'd have to select rouge first and "know" where the rouges start on my scroll bar, click there. Then I'd go to the unit type tab I needed. You'd think two steps wouldn't take very long but it does when time is critical.

If better army management wasn't the point of the update, I don't know what is.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
1) Defending units should stack as well or be moved elsewhere - they keep getting in the way and the only real solution is to not have any at all
2) Damaged units should be listed after the last stacked unit - otherwise they get in the way
3) please prioritize rogues in the sorting of the stacks such that they always appear in the first spot as long as they fulfill the current filter requirements (drummers and banner guards should remain at the end of the list though)