• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Try out Guild Perks on Beta!

The idea of Guild Perks is really good, it's just the implementation that leaves something to be desired.

Is it because "I don't care", because "I don't know the game" from developpers and particulary by game designer and UX/UI ?
I do not know... but the result is catastrophic while the basic idea really has potential.

projet-informatique_m.jpg

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Is it because "I don't care", because "I don't know the game" from developpers and particulary by game designer and UX/UI ?
I do not know... but the result is catastrophic while the basic idea really has potential.
all is said !

Maybe by integrating real players into the team if not transforming developers into players ....
After all, we've never seen a blind man on a driving school instructor!

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
The change of the tavern perks from guild members taverns to friends taverns is a tiny, tiny step in the right direction.
It's still a very very long way left to something worthwhile. The idea behind the perks is good, but the implementation is by far tge worst I have seen. Even if established players easily can afford the cost none of the perks makes the cost feel really worth it. Especially considering the very limited time you get to enjoy the effects after unlocking them. But all this have basically been said before and also lots of good suggestions on how to fix it.

Last edited:
As seen in the backpedal on the Guild-friends Tavern perk, someone who plays (even just a little bit) FoE can't imagine visiting the Guilds-friends Tavern on an perk.
They corrected it, of course ... but it should not have been developed as is.
Someone had imagine that nonsense, someone put it on a sprint, someone develop it, someone verify it, someone put it on beta... and noone see that is a stupidity ! And noone say "hey guys it's a foolish"
Only one guy do all that job ? Or all the team of development do not know the game ? Or all the team of development only think about the pay at the end of the month ?
Time and money was lost on that nonsense (like in event hub, pvp arena...)

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Only, I find that visiting friends' taverns has nothing to do with the guild, so its advantages.
We should not lose this basic idea.

Yekk

Regent
The tavern change will not get players clicking just as almost no one will notice the Mughal tooltip change. Players hate endless clicking... Figuring extremely high, if 50% of a guild participates I think it works out to like 1000 or so clicks to get three perks to level 3. Then another 140 clicks a day to do the taverns.

How fun is that?

correction, my guild has yet to open a level. I am unsure of how many goods/coins/ect. per click for levels 2 and 3 but see the total needed donations goes up...number of clicks if costs remain the same goes up greatly...even more fun huh?

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Not that I want to go too fast, but in 16 pages this is the first thing that the developers retained?

I think my English is really insufficient, because I did not believe that there was such a difference between "hearing" and "taking into account"
OK, then again here: I don't quite understand what you mean. The post you quoted was a bugfix. It was not an improvement. Should we just keep bugs or what do you mean by this comment?
From the looks of it, this may be the “feature” that leads to me quitting the game after 5-1/2 years. Certain guilds will be recruiting players based solely on their ability to buy diamonds to “donate”. Newer players will drag down their guilds, through no fault of their own, due to their inability to pay — leading to a system where serious guilds have to exclude newer players in order to compete, instead of welcoming them and helping them grow their cities.

If anyone from Inno is reading this: I realize this is just you trying to make more money by getting guilds to put pressure on members to buy diamonds, but I think it will backfire. Many players (including those like me who do buy diamonds) will simply stop playing. Newer players won’t stick around very long. Even those who stick around will get bored more quickly.

This is a mistake.
You don't have to spend diamonds to progress. It is like in every other feature: You can spend diamonds to accelerate or improve some things, but they are never necessary.
This is the case for the Guild Perks and was also the case for GvG, GE and GBG. In all these features you can spend diamonds and the things you fear did not happen, so it will surely not happen with the Guild Perks :)

Devilsangel

Baronet
Maybe implement a stop/target sign like in BG ( smaller and not blinking)), that can be ignored but at least any guild member can see what perks have been chosen.
As for the Perks, if they are short in time period of use and extremely expensive, like they are now, why not make them overpowering, like if Glory match was actually useful and worked on traz...
If they stay useless, make them cheap and longterm.
That is if the dev team wants guilds to use the Perks, not just add another button to the mix that will only be pressed by accident or by new and inexperienced players

Owl II

Emperor
As for the Perks, if they are short in time period of use and extremely expensive, like they are now, why not make them overpowering, like if Glory match was actually useful and worked on traz...
If they stay useless, make them cheap and longterm.
That is if the dev team wants guilds to use the Perks, not just add another button to the mix that will only be pressed by accident or by new and inexperienced players
I think it should be engrossing. Somewere of puzzle. (Just please don't the fight. Please-please-please). Either the guilds should be able to compete somehow. (Not the fights. Please-please-please). Or it should be sooo big bonuses and rewards. More than in GBG. More than in the events. If this is possible, then it is hardly reasonable

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
The post you quoted was a bugfix. It was not an improvement. Should we just keep bugs or what do you mean by this comment?
When my car runs out of gas, I don't start by checking the tire pressure.
I'm not saying that it's pointless to fix a bug, but that the developers don't have the same priorities as we might hope.
Gone as it is now, either Inno will take the benefits of guilds to revamp them (like the arena beautiful attempt), or they will be maintained but no sane guild will use them.
In both cases, what is the point of correcting this minor bug?

So to say that this time we will be listened to and act in this way prompts me to look for a real strategy game that is really tested by the developers.

Praeceptor

Marquis
From the looks of it, this may be the “feature” that leads to me quitting the game after 5-1/2 years. Certain guilds will be recruiting players based solely on their ability to buy diamonds to “donate”. Newer players will drag down their guilds, through no fault of their own, due to their inability to pay — leading to a system where serious guilds have to exclude newer players in order to compete, instead of welcoming them and helping them grow their cities.

If anyone from Inno is reading this: I realize this is just you trying to make more money by getting guilds to put pressure on members to buy diamonds, but I think it will backfire. Many players (including those like me who do buy diamonds) will simply stop playing. Newer players won’t stick around very long. Even those who stick around will get bored more quickly.

This is a mistake.

Although I agree with most of this, I'm not sure the effect will be quite as dire as you think. Most of the guild leaders I have spoken too are likely to just ignore this "feature". It would be a lot of work to convince our players to take part, and having happy players in your guild is far more important than the tiny bonuses on offer. As far as I am concerned, this is just likely to die of neglect.

Emberguard

Emperor
You don't have to spend diamonds to progress.
Except that unless anything’s changed the costs increase per guild member. There is not even one feature in this entire game where more than a handful of guilds at best have a consistent 100% participation. That alone makes the guilds perks feature unusable on a Free to Play basis as long as it requires the entire guild in such a limited time frame

BeeVee

Squire
Some ideas that might save the efforts made:

1. Perks should not have drawbacks;
2. Perks should be permanently acquired. a fading out effect can kick in if no sufficient donations are made
3. Perks can be choosen randomly by computer, so this does not become a task of guild leader and all donations counts for receiving next perklevel
4. Make it possible to donate medals, so they can finally become usefull once all expansions are acquired
5. There should be no limit on the perks that can be acquired. In the long run an active guild can acquire all available perks
6. Reconsider balancing, Receiving the first (less powerfull) perk levels faster, The more powerfull perklevels might need more donations
7. Cooling down period. The perk levels apply for guildmembers that are at least 1 week member of the guild

Last edited:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Perks has same appeal as PvP arena: none. It's easy to ignore, which most friends and guildies have done.

@BeeVee and others have made constructive, well-thought out suggestions to improve the quality of play, and not by making the game easier.

The unwillingness to have a frank, open discussion on these and other new 'features' between players and developers is a huge missed opportunity by Inno: they've got a great source of free, experienced feedback that they have almost completely failed to use well.

jtrucker

Baronet
OK, here is my "million dollars" question (sorry if it was answered, I for sure missed many posts...)

Adventurer merchant - those 2 random goods, which era will those be from?"My era" or the pub owner where I visit era? Or "any" game era?

Thx

The Babelus

Steward
what's the point of glory march if it doesn't work on traz? most useless thing ever.

Agree with that, Glory March does not work with Traz. Hope this is just a bug and will be fixed soon. Glory March says only "10% recruitment time boost", very similar way as Guild Level bonus (and it works for Traz).
Bad think is also that community managers usually monitors new thread maybe for two days. Later no questions are being answered.