• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This one I can explain. If you look at the first comments, you can see, that it initially had 6 Forge Points. But it seems like there was an issue. I thought it got rebalanced shortly before the release and adjusted it in the announcement, however it seems like it was not intended.
Thnx in that case it’s not that much of big hit on it though it’s defiantly the weaker of the 2, production wise.
The "pro-side" of deadman's is that it's attack instead of defense for the attacking army which is generally more valuable because for defense there's always sentinel outpost to compare against.

After the nerfs I have both versions coming in around 1.65 for overall efficiency on my semi-arbitrary scale (where 1.0 is usually a "best building for a particular purpose if it had no other benefits" - though I did move sentinel outpost to 1.5 to represent that it's one hell of a lot of work to get all your defense from them - and there's nothing else close so defense should probably not be held to that standard).

Which is neither great nor useless: Best spammable I have at 2.21 for eagle mountain; but for instance the Golden Orrery as a recent grand prize only came in at 1.33 (partially owing to not having a good baseline to attribute value to getting weird things like fragments, but then the boathouse is in the same category there - gives weird things you might consider having no value). And gentiana windmill at 1.20 (but it's a chain building that allows you to target more of what you want if you build it - even if it doesn't do so efficiently)

Adding in the annoyance factor though and I think I might be giving the event a skip.
I know that attack % yield in general more value due to it being the one that increases chances for a 1-hit KO. While sentinel outposts are great for raising defence % on attacking armies, they’re somewhat difficult to muster and don’t offer any other production. So, also taking into the consideration the productions, I think deadman is really at the shortest end. As you’ve put it, it produces weird stuff that might have some value but in the end what it does produce has of those things the least uses. Rendering it even less interesting. Eagle mountain is easily one of the best event buildings so far.

Beta567

Baronet
I'm sorry but both buildings look pretty average. Military stats 0.5 % AA per square (in IA) 1 per square (in SAJM)? This is super outdated comparing to existing event buildings. FPs? same thing. Ability to store goods? Come on... I won't place it in my main city. It doesn't worth the space. I would rather have another Pirates or GV instead of this.

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I really like the idea of having FP boosts in the game, but not a big fan of the current implementation. The fact that it doesn't boost buildings below 5 FPs suck, especially considering it's a one-off, temporary building. If it was permanent I could understand it, but the fact that it only lasts 5 days, I think a ceiling function instead of rounding would be much better. That way all buildings would get at least +1 FPs, which I think is only fair considering the low boost and the fact that it's temporary.

I would love for FP boosts to become a permanent thing, though. Would make city-planning for FP cities much more interesting, where you have to balance raw FPs and FP boosts. And considering how much FPs you can get from other sources, I don't think it would be overpowered, the boosts could be kept quite low. In this case rounding would make more sense, then there would be boost targets like for the CF, with the first big powerspike at 50%, etc :)

I agree with others that the previous version of the bounties with goods are much more interesting, I don't agree that the strategy of saving them for a new age is negative for the game. On the contrary, I think it makes aging up much more interesting, allowing you to get an early boost for the new age. 25 goods per day is a decent amount, but judging by the recent ages a year's worth of bounties is still only 15-20% of the goods required for a new age (around 9k per year, SAJM required 55k current era goods).

I recently started a new world, and I think having the option to get a boost of current age goods when I moved up would have been really fun. I don't quite see what the harm is for people to move up a bit quicker. Higher ages, bigger cities, more diamonds to buy buildings? ;) Or are that many buying goods with diamonds? :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I really like the idea of having FP boosts in the game, but not a big fan of the current implementation. The fact that it doesn't boost buildings below 5 FPs suck, especially considering it's a one-off, temporary building. If it was permanent I could understand it, but the fact that it only lasts 5 days, I think a ceiling function instead of rounding would be much better. That way all buildings would get at least +1 FPs, which I think is only fair considering the low boost and the fact that it's temporary.

I would love for FP boosts to become a permanent thing, though. Would make city-planning for FP cities much more interesting, where you have to balance raw FPs and FP boosts. And considering how much FPs you can get from other sources, I don't think it would be overpowered, the boosts could be kept quite low. In this case rounding would make more sense, then there would be boost targets like for the CF, with the first big powerspike at 50%, etc :)

I agree with others that the previous version of the bounties with goods are much more interesting, I don't agree that the strategy of saving them for a new age is negative for the game. On the contrary, I think it makes aging up much more interesting, allowing you to get an early boost for the new age. 25 goods per day is a decent amount, but judging by the recent ages a year's worth of bounties is still only 15-20% of the goods required for a new age (around 9k per year, SAJM required 55k current era goods).

I recently started a new world, and I think having the option to get a boost of current age goods when I moved up would have been really fun. I don't quite see what the harm is for people to move up a bit quicker. Higher ages, bigger cities, more diamonds to buy buildings? ;) Or are that many buying goods with diamonds? :p
I think the concern is "what if someone gets 5-10 of them?"

On the plus side, that's $$ for inno.

On the minus side, it's effectively removed the feel of new ages for the player that does it. The first week or two of a space age has been a big rush to get through - people compete with their friends to be done first. And goods are usually the blockade because rushing scouts for the best ore site is actually quite economical (while buying goods is decidedly not).

So then they'll feel pressure to create a steeper, less avoidable blockade - like they did in AF/OF to much disappointment.

Okamiris

Baronet
I don't agree that the strategy of saving them for a new age is negative for the game. On the contrary, I think it makes aging up much more interesting, allowing you to get an early boost for the new age. 25 goods per day is a decent amount, but judging by the recent ages a year's worth of bounties is still only 15-20% of the goods required for a new age
OK. Now, imagine some player with not 1 but 2 or 3 chest per day .....can it be big for a new age? No?

Astrid

Baronet
well.. deadman gives the guild goods... might be worth 2FP for some...
Deadman now gives the same amount of forge points like Colossus. And it has some better attack per tile. The other bonuses it provides are really useless. It's quite close to a building released 3 years ago and it's way worse than lots of buildings released in the past 2 years.

The bonuses for city defence are irrelevant and nobody cares about 25 guild goods.

Astrid

Baronet
After Crow's Nest(still the best event building in the game that doesn't offer an army bonus), Governor's Villa and Pirate Hideout we get a main reward similar to Colossus. I still don't understand why they think that those fragments are a big deal really. A couple of days for a mass supply and 30 days for an One Up kit. I pointed out the same thing when that Golden Orrey came out, a building worse than Olympic Treasury released years ago. The only thing that stands out for Golden Orrey compared to Olympic Treasury is that it doesn't need to be motivated.

Summer event used to be something special each year but now Inno completely dropped the ball, any good ideas they initially had with this new building just went to trash bin. Not to mention one more time the nerfed wheel with the Log Cabin as a golden prize or that Forge Fountain that basically does nothing. Nothing for a beginner, nothing for an end player with high Arc.

Here are my suggestions:

Increase the maximum attack and defence for attacking army(+2) for each version of the 2 buildings. You can remove the bonuses for city defence, they are worthless.
Add a maximum of 5(random between 1-5) diamonds in each of the 2 chests of the buildings(it's a treasury, a special chest, right ?).
Remove the "1 Fragment of 30% Defender Boost", it's ridiculous.
Add 8 forge points for both chests, not just Buccaneers.
And add a cannot be motivated / plundered feature to both versions of the building.

And remember, most of the "good" stuff that we get from these 2 buildings is hidden inside a chest that you can later open, it's not something that you can double collect with Blue Galaxy.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
30 days for an One Up kit.
The strength of this on a 4x4 building is that combined with golden crops it's reduced from every 30 days to every 15 days, adding a 2nd one of either this building or the golden crops reduced the time from 30 days to 10 days. Which are 24-36 1ups annually, which is a strong step up from <12 1ups annually. Which as an additional production is fairly decent for developing cities that are still progressing through ages. That been said running a established city the 1-ups have little use from harvests as through loot and events plenty can be obtained before the next space age: copy paste is released.

Add a maximum of 5(random between 1-5) diamonds in each of the 2 chests of the buildings(it's a treasury, a special chest, right ?).
Judging from Inno's choice to reduce the chances for wishing wells, I think it's unlikely they'll taking it into consideration. Sure in the grand scheme of things 365-1.825 annual diamonds for 1 building isn't that game braking but I think Inno will see it differently when whales placing down a bunch of them. Let's say a whale invests serious money to get 5 of them:
365-1.825 * 5 = 1.825-9.125 diamonds
Which boils down to: €20> - <€80 worth of diamonds such big spender won't spend in the future. Another possibility is that such building will be constructed in diamond farms as its a reliable source of diamonds, if you get for sure daily 1-5 diamonds. That been said, I think 1-2 diamonds are more likely for Inno to consider slightly.
Alternatively I think giving both 2 different loot chests or 3 with different odds are easier to implement. Just an example:
70% chance for common chest
25% chance for uncommon chest
5% chance for rare chest (with 25 diamonds)
The odds are just illustrative. Though the rare loot chest is based off crow's nest which also has 5% for 25 diamonds. I think having some chances for rare loot with diamonds might be interesting.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
golden crops don't need 30 days for one one-up-kit
it needs 75 days for one kit or in 30 days = 12

Golden crops: 1 one-up fragment/day
1 one-up = 30 fragments

So, every 30 days one 1-up kit.
365 days a year / 30 days (needed for each 1up) = 12,16...> rounding it down boils down to 12 one up kits annually. More realistically 11 1ups a year.

so after 30 days you have 42 fragments
or an average of 21.43 days for one kit
(average because of random in Orrery)

so in one year = 17 (not 24)

A 2nd building that also produces fragments increased the production of 1ups by 2:
2 fragments/day
365 days a year * 2 = 730 fragments / year
730 fragments / 30 fragments per 1up = 24,33...> (maximum achievable with 2 fragments/day)

For the above I purposely didn't take the golden orrey into consideration, as it's unreliable. The new summer event building's loot chest gives 1up kit fragments, daily. If you have the golden orrey it'll increase the number of potential 1ups.

Assuming that you're production cycle goes off weekly and thus you're missing out on 1 production each week:
365 days - 52 days no fragments collected (52w and each week missing out on a collection) = 313 days.

1 one-up producing building:
313 collections (days) * 1 fragment / day = 313 fragments/year : 30 fragments = 10.43...> 1ups annually

2 one-up producing building:

313 collections (days) * 2 fragment / day = 626 fragments : 30 = 20,86...> annually

3 one-up producing building:

313 collections (days) * 3 fragment / day = 939 fragments / 30 = 31.3 1ups annually

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
omg

what a stupid mistake from me
looked at the Golden Orrery :mad:
It wasn't stupid, just another basis on which we've calculated the expected 1up kits someone could harvest in a year. Personally I don't like calculating in something that may or may not produce something but to tbh taking it into consideration like you did is probably closer to the reality.

Astrid

Baronet
Those One Up kits are decent I guess, some currency for Antique Dealer for me. So if I go for 2 x Buccaneers I get an One Up kit each 15 days. Not bad but nothing too fancy really. I don't have the Golden Crops and many players didn't build it because it's lacking any army bonus, otherwise it's not a too bad building.

But this event should have offered us something special / unique or a very strong building like Pirate Hideout from last year, but unfortunately it's not the case.

Another suggestion, maybe add 2 random units production for both buildings ?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I don't have the Golden Crops and many players didn't build it because it's lacking any army bonus, otherwise it's not a too bad building.
Some players have added it to enhance their Blue Galaxy!
Always wanting ONLY offensive bonuses, we see the limit of your system.

Kronan

Viceroy
So after 10 pages of feedback, the beta community has exposed a few things (in our own way of doing that). Yes the topic goes off course sometimes (hey - it's a forum of educated players...!) but what bubbles up for me is after reading all this and what Inno is probably reviewing is:

1) Is this event going to have diamond purchasing power for them (we spend, Inno reaps?)
2) Does Inno still do an event even with a weakened design premise - just for the sake of doing it? Does the potential for low adoption or interest dissuade them to follow the correct trajectory for this event?
3) Would our feedback on the current prize offerings make a difference? What could they "buff" or not include to make us warm to this event?

Having been a "professional" product manager, software engineer and beta tester (in my long development career), I'd be embracing this feedback with interest so as to hone it from beta testing input.

I've told them personally I loved their last event and think it will be a winner (make them lots of money) since it has targeted buildings that solve player problems.

I just wonder if it's OK to say - we've got no interest in this. We think you can do better :)

The next logical question they should ask is: What would give you more interest?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually the deadman's version is on 2nd thoughts not that bad, compared to other 4x4 alternatives that also provide att% for attacking armies. Taking into consideration productions.
It provides more bonus compared to colossus, it provides more bonus and fps compared to fire pagoda. Next to those advantages it gives fragments for 2h supply rushes. Though I don't know how many fragments are needed but assuming it's 30 fragments (comparable with 1ups), it's not great but it's better compared to the productions of fire pagoda and colossus. As it's giving during some events a useful item to get faster through production quests.
All of that been said, I'm unsure how to value the loot boxes. If I where grinding 1ups or looking to accelerate the production of them it would be a no brainier ad also more fps are provided and a larger def % for attacking armies vs the attacking % bonus. The advantage of 2h rush productions while running low on time during an event is just great for strategical use. While the other loot chest offers better items over time to sell off.
In the end I think the choice for either of this main event buildings will boil down to the desire of either attack % or def % for attacking armies. As both can replace a existing 4x4 building that proves a lower bonus. The loot boxes however make it a bit tricky but I personally think the deadman's loot box will be the least favoured as it offers the least value of items to sell off and less fps. Besides having excess to a number of chances to getting bps for a potential new GB that is actually desirable. Which for most end-game players likely yield the most strategical interest, even while it's a little for something that is a year in the making. Besides having 1ups and useless defence bonuses that can be sold (not like there's any shortage of anything to sell for better event stuff in the AD).
In the end the deadman's version is actually decent compared to the other 4x4 buildings except compared to the Buccaneer's Boathouse which simply offers in most cases a better/more valuable loot box with more efficiency on the bonus it provides. Personally I think for a upcoming city both buildings have a lot to offer but for end-game and/or well established cities, they're only useful if someone is looking to start producing something in their city at the expense of some military bonuses.