• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

Astrid

Baronet
"So, whose idea was it to remove the 'Jake' brake from the wheel?"

I had used this method on trying to stop onto a prize I wanted while I spin the wheel which can take some calculations and quick thinking to accomplish. However, the wheel stops at anywhere it wants to no matter if the "stop" button is clicked/tapped or not. Way to go, Inno. You have destroyed the one enjoyment I would have with this event... now, I got a bunch of junk I will have to sell to the AD.
The prize is decided the moment you click on "spin" or "refresh and spin", the rotation is just an animation. It was like that all the time, not just this year.

What I did observe is that now winning the golden prize seems to be more difficult than last year. They changed the way the prize gets "calculated". And no, I don't believe it's 100% random.

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
"So, whose idea was it to remove the 'Jake' brake from the wheel?"

I had used this method on trying to stop onto a prize I wanted while I spin the wheel which can take some calculations and quick thinking to accomplish. However, the wheel stops at anywhere it wants to no matter if the "stop" button is clicked/tapped or not. Way to go, Inno. You have destroyed the one enjoyment I would have with this event... now, I got a bunch of junk I will have to sell to the AD.

Since 2013 it never counted where You click stop, the reward is known from the second You clicked the spin, as Astrid mentioned, InnoGames stated this in their QnA last year, it is just an animation that rotation of the wheel.

And yes, RNG is weaker compared to last year, but sadly only for some, I still do have some lucky guildmates that got lots of kits for governor and pirate hideout ...

Thunderdome

Emperor
Unless I got really lucky in getting said prizes in the past summer events (hence why it was always my favorite), I had always made a few calculations on when to press the button to slow/stop the wheel at and I had been hitting my mark, heh heh.

I'm totally mind-blown right about now with this piece of info from you guys.

Anyways, I have a few doubloons left to spend (as my spin/sail count is at 93 to be used when I am ready for the sailing parts; but won't do that until the last 2 days of the event as I am testing that theory about getting a full building without spending diamonds) so I am just waiting to get more to be used.

-Alin-

Emperor
Unless I got really lucky in getting said prizes in the past summer events (hence why it was always my favorite), I had always made a few calculations on when to press the button to slow/stop the wheel at and I had been hitting my mark, heh heh.

I'm totally mind-blown right about now with this piece of info from you guys.

Anyways, I have a few doubloons left to spend (as my spin/sail count is at 93 to be used when I am ready for the sailing parts; but won't do that until the last 2 days of the event as I am testing that theory about getting a full building without spending diamonds) so I am just waiting to get more to be used.
Found it.
Skip to 19:32.

-Alin-

Emperor
I feel like I’m not gonna have enough upgrades for the event building without spending diamonds
1658563989350.png
1658564005465.png

Ok, 7 in inventory+1 for 1 more doubloon(180 sails) +1 from the last quest=9 kits assured out of 11, I need 2 more.
20x4(for a total of 260 sails)=80 more sails out of 40 more doubloons(10 days leftx4 doubloons each), so rougly 2 sails per doubloon, it is pretty tight made, but it is no impossible to get the main prize.

6zeva9

Baronet
Has any one seen a Tactician's Tower Upgrade Kit on the Wheel?
I see that the Level 1 Tactician's Tower has been moved from Gold to Silver this year so there are now 2 chances to win it on each Wheel, it just feels strange to have an Event where you can get the Level 1 building but not the Upgrade Kit.
Also both the Sentinel Outpost & Watchfire have Upgrade Kits & Level 1s on the Wheel, as does the other 1x1 building the Victory Tower.
The Tactician's Tower is the only 1x1 building I have not seen an Upgrade Kit for.

Ironrooster

Baronet

Ok, 7 in inventory+1 for 1 more doubloon(180 sails) +1 from the last quest=9 kits assured out of 11, I need 2 more.
20x4(for a total of 260 sails)=80 more sails out of 40 more doubloons(10 days leftx4 doubloons each), so rougly 2 sails per doubloon, it is pretty tight made, but it is no impossible to get the main prize.
I need 102 sail spaces and calculate that I will have 51 doubloons to do it. Pretty tight.
I hope to get a few doubloons from incidents, but there seem to be less from incidents then there used to be.

Thunderdome

Emperor
@-NinjAlin- I am going to sulk in the corner somewhere now. Damn you, Inno!!
I feel like I’m not gonna have enough upgrades for the event building without spending diamonds
Then Inno would be lying to us when they made that announcement about this so-called "balancing" with the ability to get a full building without spending diamonds. I have yet begun the sailing bit (as I want to do it about 2 days before the event ends to see if I can break to 220 or 260 for the full building with surprise box), but I only had received 3 from incidents (so clearly they are not out much). I guess we will have to wait until reset to see if we are going to get more than the two daily doubloons and/or two rewarded doubloons after quest 45 (46 starts tonight).

I am still contemplating on whether I want this building or not considering that there were so many faux pas going about on its "balancing" (yeah, I am throwing that word around) and I don't want to be disappointed in making the wrong choice if and when Inno does it again and changes everything.

I don't know who is still benefiting from those Victory Towers as a prize. For me, VT is useless because of the amount they give for a 7-day waiting period. Incidents in Iron Age (on my live worlds) give more than this building will ever give. I had sold many of these in the AD (they aren't even worth the time or AD coins, either) in the past, so I take responsibility if the AD tries to sell them to players at times. Inno should just have scrap these from the game.

Fenix

Viceroy

Event Surprise Boxes

From this event on, due to design changes, we will no longer be giving out the Event Surprise Boxes, but not to worry! Balancing will be adjusted to ensure it is still possible to win a fully upgraded event building even without the box, and without spending diamonds. All previously issued boxes will still be usable, but no new ones will be issued.

This should have been announced elsewhere, it wasn't. I'll comment here: it really helps to know when the next event should start, for me it was never the prizes that the box gave that mattered. They should arrange a process to inform us with time, when the next event will start.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Just got my 2 for the login and 2 for the quest from q-46 (onwards?), so I am really interested in finding out how the balancing is adjusted to get the full event building without the need to spend diamonds for extra doubloons.

I am hoping someone from Inno's esteemed liaison gets back to us with this answer.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just got my 2 for the login and 2 for the quest from q-46 (onwards?), so I am really interested in finding out how the balancing is adjusted to get the full event building without the need to spend diamonds for extra doubloons.

I am hoping someone from Inno's esteemed liaison gets back to us with this answer.
Total by wiki is 135 doubloons. Without the surprise box it takes 150 doubloons on average to travel 300 distance and complete the building. With the surprise box it should only take 130 doubloons on average.

It should complete relatively easily *with* the surprise box (you might get some bad luck, but you should also get some doubloons from incidents) - but without it's probably going to be tight.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Total by wiki is 135 doubloons. Without the surprise box it takes 150 doubloons on average to travel 300 distance and complete the building. With the surprise box it should only take 130 doubloons on average.

It should complete relatively easily *with* the surprise box (you might get some bad luck, but you should also get some doubloons from incidents) - but without it's probably going to be tight.
The incidents part is the one that's "shaky" since I only had gotten 3 (all 1 doubloons) from them since the event had started, so I am not going to count on them for the remaining 10 days of the event. The bad luck portions is what I am prepared for since Inno has a great habit of downing a player with such. I was hoping someone from Inno would come forth and tell us on how this "rebalancing" act is going to make all of us to get a fully upgraded building without using diamonds; not for this event, but for future ones since the Surprise box won't be there anymore.

I am estimating I will have the 135 doubloons by the end of the event to spam the sailing map with. The final wind of quests is what I was waiting for to put forth my estimates. Gonna be fun on that day.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The incidents part is the one that's "shaky" since I only had gotten 3 (all 1 doubloons) from them since the event had started, so I am not going to count on them for the remaining 10 days of the event. The bad luck portions is what I am prepared for since Inno has a great habit of downing a player with such. I was hoping someone from Inno would come forth and tell us on how this "rebalancing" act is going to make all of us to get a fully upgraded building without using diamonds; not for this event, but for future ones since the Surprise box won't be there anymore.

I am estimating I will have the 135 doubloons by the end of the event to spam the sailing map with. The final wind of quests is what I was waiting for to put forth my estimates. Gonna be fun on that day.

Well I mean it'd be easy to balance the event for no surprise box - you just have the building either have 1 less level or give out 20 more doubloons (or merge the milestone doubloons and add another upgrade milestone). But this event still has the surprise box and as long as it's been around they've been comfortable releasing some events in a state where you almost need it.

But hopefully without it those tight events will be a bit less so. One reason to be glad it's leaving :) They can't use it as a safety cushion anymore ;)

Astrid

Baronet
About the incidents, I only got 3 doubloons so far. In my opinion we don't have enough currency, each event we should be able to easily complete the main building and maybe get 1 or 2 extra kits. I fail to understand why everything should be on the limit, I believe that if they gave us 1-2 extra kits it will motivate more players to spend diamonds to complete a second building.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Somehow, an age-old commercial pops into mind when it comes to debunking Inno's myth. It had these three dogs singing in unison after a situation happens. I think it goes something like this "Liesssss, liesssss. We don't believe a word you say." Albeit, it was a dog food commercial in putting others to shame with their gimmicks before wanting something that is natural and real.

To be honest, I really don't want be caught singing it for when Inno drops the ball at the end of the event, but it seems like it might be true on what we believe. Again, I much rather have Inno or one of its cohorts respond to this since they are being called out on such.

We don't need another milestone. It seems that the daily login amounts were the same across the board. In past events, the amount of daily login amounts go up a bit more which had motivated players to finish the rush events as quickly as possible to get more for each day they log in since after. The daily amounts should have increased after quest 35 to 4 doubloons instead of the cheaply 2 that we are seeing across the board. Even the milestone ones given were not enough. 4 and 8? Whoop-de-doo, we get 12 extra from the milestone. Does anyone feel like that mouse when Tinkles said "Sixteen pounds of Monterey Jack and the continent of Australia" in that Cats and Dogs movie? Sixteen pounds of cheese isn't going to feed millions let alone a desolate continent is going to help them.

Had they adjusted the daily login from q-35 onwards, it should be enough for a fully maxed level building (and then some) without the surprise box; even with the 1's that would be given out from the sailing part. The incidents are a joke as I only gotten three from them and I probably won't get any more (not even counting on them).

Someone will probably tell me, "don't play the event further", but that's not the point. Point is, if you're going to advertise something that would be a "feat to be marveled" in the eyes of nay-sayers, you better deliver on said advertisement to their awe; else, people are just going to say "false advertisement" among other things.

Finkadel

Marquis
it not being guaranteed is not the same as it being impossible... you just have to have luck for the preferred building to show up on the wheel and to spin it...

But that has been the same since the summer event was introduced...
Well, not exactly. It was better since there used to be less crap on the wheel. But of course, nothing is this game is ever quarateen - only that they will spoil every good thing there used to be... That is pretty guaranteed, I would assume.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The previous Summer events had more chances of the Sunken Treasure to pop up. This time around, not so much. I kept seeing mostly useless stuff on the wheel that sometimes I am glad I hit the refresh button before trying for the gold prize; I am skipping ones that feature a Pirate's Hideout piece (should have been a kit instead) and Log Cabin (might be good for the lower aged folks, but I have no use for it) for more Gov's Villas, ST's, One-ups, and Store Building items.

Leones

Marquis
This should have been announced elsewhere, it wasn't. I'll comment here: it really helps to know when the next event should start, for me it was never the prizes that the box gave that mattered. They should arrange a process to inform us with time, when the next event will start.
What kind of preparations do you want to do before an event starts, which can't be done with the ~2 days in advance announcement you get without the event box?