• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

Kronan

Viceroy
What kind of preparations do you want to do before an event starts, which can't be done with the ~2 days in advance announcement you get without the event box?
@Leones: I think the "big picture" of the mystery box was the persistent and always "counting down" timer. It was a DIRECT reminder anytime you went into your own inventory to see it, or do something else.

With the box gone - the countdown timer is gone... sure...people will "revert" back to asking each other... "Hey, it's probably time soon for an event, right? Another event?".... Hmmm

That's his point.

Aerendil

Squire
There are too few doubloons in the event for the main price - I was very lucky in sailing with lots of 3s and will barely get the main price to lvl 11. Remove a level of the event building or add more doubloons

I miss the event chest already

Can you please revert the main prices chest to a normal reward, nobody needs extra chest which you have to open manually with fp only. chests whith stored goods was probably overpowered

Owl II

Emperor
I've been playing this game for 5 years and I understood the developer's actions, even if I disagree with them sometimes. Now I don't understand at all what their targets. What for? Why put the FP in the chest? Why can't these FP be placed with the rest? Do you want players to get nervous and waste time opening these stupid boxes? Well, tell us at least once, where do you get these creative ideas from?

CrashBoom

Legend
I've been playing this game for 5 years and I understood the developer's actions, even if I disagree with them sometimes. Now I don't understand at all what their targets. What for? Why put the FP in the chest? Why can't these FP be placed with the rest? Do you want players to get nervous and waste time opening these stupid boxes? Well, tell us at least once, where do you get these creative ideas from?
I think the building would give too many things if it gives everything directly

and the FP are in the chest because they found out that the goods in it would be a loophole for new ages

Owl II

Emperor

and the FP are in the chest because they found out that the goods in it would be a loophole for new ages
I agree with the Mooing Cat, there is no catastrophe in this. Even if someone regards it as an exploit, it does not harm others (unlike scripts). Speaking of scripts. If they have already made this chest, then let them add at least the ability to open it in bundle, not one at a time. This is also a point to make a clicker

Ironrooster

Baronet

I don't really see it as a loophole.
First, you have to be in the new age to get the chest goods for it.
Second, you can already trade up for goods in higher ages.

CrashBoom

Legend
I was talking about the release of a new age. not people entering the next already existing age

Second, you can already trade up for goods in higher ages.
not on the first day/week it is released

First, you have to be in the new age to get the chest goods for it.
but if you are a player in the last age you then always have one year to collect chests until the next age is released

I don't really see it as a loophole.
but Juber already confirmed that this was the reason for the change to not give goods from the chests

It was not intended/thought about, that players could safe them up for Space Age Titan, so this possibility has been removed.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Well, you still can save them up and use later in higher ages. There are still resources, that scale with age: blueprints, supplies (yes I know, not that exciting, but the amount is actually pretty high for event buildings and that really stacks in higher ages) and guild goods.
Sure, it is not that good anymore to do so, but not completely removed. It was not intended/thought about, that players could safe them up for Space Age Titan, so this possibility has been removed.
What if the box itself was age locked?

ie: Automatically create a box when the fragments are enough (so you don't have to manually assemble them), and assign a age to the created box so the goods will always be of the age you got the box in

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I'm glad the event surprise box is gone, I didn't like that playing a previous event had an impact on the current event.

That said, I do agree with others that the timer for the next event will be missed. I really hope that is added back another way, doesn't even have to be in-game, a simple timer on the login screen would be enough:

nextevent.JPG

Ironrooster

Baronet
My apologies..... you're right. It's the contents that have the fragments, not the box itself.

Let me rephrase:

What if the box was locked to the age it was obtained in? Would that fix any balancing problems?
Then there's no point in having a chest, might as well have all the goodies now.

-Alin-

Emperor
I'm glad the event surprise box is gone, I didn't like that playing a previous event had an impact on the current event.

That said, I do agree with others that the timer for the next event will be missed. I really hope that is added back another way, doesn't even have to be in-game, a simple timer on the login screen would be enough:

Why bother introduce something new, when they can simply put that ingame, instead of one day before the event as they did all the time, they can let that ingame to be known like one week before, as example.
Also, phone players doesnt have the front page as browser players does.
I mean this thing here on the left corner with a timer on it.
1659181955049.png

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What if the box itself was age locked?

ie: Automatically create a box when the fragments are enough (so you don't have to manually assemble them), and assign a age to the created box so the goods will always be of the age you got the box in
That again brings it to the same "what's the point of it being in a box?"

Boxes should be something you might want to open later instead of now. If the only point of a box is to add an extra annoyance of more steps, that's not so good.

We had that! It was known as the Event Hub; a building that was in the city to a little southwest of where the castle is now. Inno thought it was pointless in having such (it also had some kind of perk if you complete all quests in an event) so they removed it months ago. The building shows us what the next event is coming up.
Yes, I know, but the way it was designed was kind of far to big plus senceless. Why not placing it on that place you usually place the event link to hop to the mini game. Just a simple count down like: Next event starts in DD:HH:SS. Transparent, no space problems and no senceless boosts

Thunderdome

Emperor
Yes, I know, but the way it was designed was kind of far to big plus senceless. Why not placing it on that place you usually place the event link to hop to the mini game. Just a simple count down like: Next event starts in DD:HH:SS. Transparent, no space problems and no senceless boosts
Heh, this is Inno we're talking about. In the past, we used to have the event popping up a few days before it begins with a timer (similar to what you find in the live server) so we can prepare in that time.

Personally, I don't mind them in having a building in my city, but make it so it can let us know ahead of time so we can either decide to partake in it, sulk about it (in the time we would be on vacation while our favorite ones are running), or skip it (for those that aren't our fancy).

FMaxi

Merchant
Is it on purpose or a bug that if I have 1 space to go on the sailing map and my compass gives me 3 spaces, the next map starts from the very beginning not adding the spare 2 spaces from the previous map?

Last edited:

Ironrooster

Baronet
am I the only one who think the new event building is worthless on the level 1-10 :rolleyes:
(level 10: 14 goods, coins, medals, population, happiness)
(compare that to the level 10 Tholos of Idols from a few years ago: 4 FP , 15 goods)

only the last level brings value to it
I agree. Without 11 levels it's not worth building (unless you have new city that doesn't have any event buildings)

When they swapped out goods in the chest for FP's that killed any FP's for level 10 (or earlier).. And they never offer A/D boosts on earlier levels when there's a choice on the last level.

I got lucky today and got an extra doubloon in an incident and then hit 4 out of 5 spins for 3 spaces on the compass. So I will get 11 levels with the last day's doubloons and upgrade.