• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

jtrucker

Baronet
The icon is correct, you need to generate shamrocks from your factories.
The "goods" might be misleading.

BTW, if you know how many tasks you completed and you want to know what is the number of the third just add 3 to your total (in this case 28+3=31). This does not work for the 1st and 2nd spot in your current tasks, because those might be out of order. The last one cannot be out of order.
Sorry, I think you are wrong. I believe there are TWO different tasks in the quests.
One is to generate XX of shamrocks (=production of the festival)
The other is generate XX of goods (production of the factories) - aka the increase of volume in the depot FROM which the ship takes them.

But, I CAN be mistaken and there is only one task. It is still a bug though. The icon doesn't mach the text. So either the icon is wrong or the text is wrong.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
How do you not have enough coins to keep up? The FP cost only increases by 50 coins per FP bought. Even if every event required 1000 FP bought. I think it'd take me years til I couldn't afford it. And they don't take anywhere close to that much. (most of my worlds have 40k+ worth of FP currently purchaseable - apart from the one where I literally bought 30k FP at the start of SAT with coins).

Edit: running the numbers on my industrial camper, it appears 40k on most was probably an overestimate, but here's a spreadsheet you can plug your own numbers into to see just how many you can buy now, without any further collections:

I'm at over 8000 available on a low age camping world. And over 6000 available on a SAT world that has already bought 44k FP. At absolute worst, you might have to start paying attention to making coins again some day years away imo (the horror!)
For how many months/years is the low-age camping city? I doubt it's younger than 6m. For newbies it's quicker becoming unsustainable. Even though they need the events most to kickstart. Veterans like us probably didn't buy that many fps in the past and spend barely coins. Resulting in massive surplus stocks of coins. Yet eventually it'll become unsustainable

I think if most people shoot for 33 task before they move on, from city to city, they're going to run way short on their bank of EARNED EVENT gold. Of course if you're buying gold, then all bets are off.
I'm not buying gold. Currently at town #8 (26/38 tasks completed). 239 completed tasks total. 610 gold left, but the 1400 gold milestone isn't far away and todays quest giving 150 gold still not solved. Currently I like the shipyard lvl 4, as I can do 1 town per day this way. But maybe I'll slow down a bit if short of gold. When not buying shipyard 4 I'm still expecting ~33 tasks per city but more than one day to finish.

At least the Sacred ArchDruid upgrade at 300 wont be too hard to reach this way. Silver league seems possible as well.

Sorry, I think you are wrong. I believe there are TWO different tasks in the quests.
One is to generate XX of shamrocks (=production of the festival)
The other is generate XX of goods (production of the factories) - aka the increase of volume in the depot FROM which the ship takes them.

But, I CAN be mistaken and there is only one task. It is still a bug though. The icon doesn't mach the text. So either the icon is wrong or the text is wrong.
The one for festival has a text that says to collect shamrock, not generate. Shamrock or festival icon, I don't have an example on hand.
The one for ship has a text that say to transport shamrock. Ship icon.
The one for a specific factory has the factory icon. Example generate flowers from flower factory has flower icon.

This is for example the icon and text for a specific factory production (flowers):
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 12.54.04.pngScreenshot 2024-01-25 at 12.54.13.png

What icon do you expect for a task that ask to generate shamrocks from all your factories?
The Shamrock icon works well. A good icon would be a disaster, because it could be confused with goods in the main city.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
For how many months/years is the low-age camping city? I doubt it's younger than 6m. For newbies it's quicker becoming unsustainable. Even though they need the events most to kickstart. Veterans like us probably didn't buy that many fps in the past and spend barely coins. Resulting in massive surplus stocks of coins. Yet eventually it'll become unsustainable
Newbies haven't bought thousands of FP with coin yet... The way the coin purchase curve works it's almost impossible to put it truly out of reach of yourself to buy another 100 (which only raises the cost per FP by a mere 5k coins more). To drive the coin cost of a FP up significantly you have to be able to afford a lot of FP in the first place. Certainly "6 months" of events would not do so.

mawthecat

Farmer
What all is in the Pagan Harvest SelKit? There is no information availbl. for the Kit. Only at "Rune Garden" and "Sheep Shire" it is mentioned that they are part of the PHSelkit. Is there anything else in it?

I started here on Beta two weeks ago and am in Iron Age. Bought the silver pass for the Event and got my celtic tavern now to Enchanted Tavern. The impact on my new city is absolutely overwhelming. It replaces right away a ToB and a LoA. And then of course the fight boosts. Boahhhh...
The only reason I have to keep all the houses is because of coins. The tavern only gives a coin boost but no coins.

Rival linked to GE:
  • I completed it. The effort was worth the rewards both on beta and live.
Rival linked to wildlife event:
  • First version on Beta I didn't even try to complete it. I stopped about half way through after seeing that cost were unjustified.
  • Second version on Beta I failed to complete it the first time but did complete it on the last iteration. It was "worth" it in both cases and the difference was more due to luck with colours (and low coin level). I did complete over 70% even when I failed to do it all.
  • Live version I didn't even bother to try and complete it. I did the first 25 quests and then ignored it. It is not worth the "less difficult" version (aka more difficult and more expensive with mostly the same rewards).
Rival linked to St. Patrick:
  • I didn't even try to complete it, it's not worth the costs.
The only quests that seems to be age related is the donate goods one, but the progression is way off. In CA 650 goods required. Mooincat (FE) reported 750, but maybe he is reporting on data from somebody else.

I tried to complete the 4th task of the A questline (Hat and Flower managers to level 4) in 2 different cities and it worked. This way I needed only 150 pots since the strategy guide suggest hat 3 for city varian 1 (50 pots for level 4) and flower 3 for city version 2 (100 pots for level 4 manager). But next week I suppose the wrong city variants will be active during Rival.
Since beta is for testing I did those but not the higher managers needed later on. On live I wouldn't do even this much effort.
Questline D is completely out of any proportion and costs too much. The reward are interesting, at least the finish all special production, but not worth the diamond cost.

Questline B and C are doable and seems balanced between fighting and negotiators, until you notice that fighter aren't required to negotiate at all (I still did the first 2 GE platform as negotiation, see below*) while negotiators are required to fight at least 40 battles and 44 if they want to benefit from the extra GE attempt before completing GE4.
I'm fine with it, but I like how Inno pretend to treat the two style as equals.

* I suggest to negotiated the first 2 GE platform because this allow us to collect the 50 pots and 6 attempt available in the first 4 quest in the B questline, instead of receiving 12 attempts all at once at the end of GE4 when they are much less useful.

Suggestions for Rival:
  1. The announcement is insufficient. I suggest you add the exact days and the duration (48 hours) in the announcement itself for live servers. It would be better if it was an actual countdown in the game, but just changing the announcement might be enough. For the Wildlife event it would be something like "The three challenges will start on the 23rd of January, 30th of January, and 6th of February. But be aware you will have only 48 hours to complete each of those challenges."
  2. Remember that the challenges are supposed to be 2 or 3 days long, not just 2 days. For St. Patrick 2 days is probably good enough.
  3. The managers required in questline A are just too high to be cost effective. Either add about 1000 pots to the rewards or reduce the managers level required to a maximum of 3 for Cake, Drinks and Fireworks factories. I still wouldn't do them, but at least it would be more in line with the rewards. Last 3 quests in questline A current reward value ~ 800 pots with a current cost of 1920 pots (for city variant 2 and 3, 20 more for variant 1)
  4. It might make sense to use some (2) of the time wrap boost we get to generate 2 additional time wrap during Rival, since it doesn't much change when we use them during the overall event. But the costs of the last 4 quests is 4600 pots (2+3 two hours times skips at 400 each, 2 four hours time skips at 700 pots and one eight hours time skip at 1200 pots). There is also little benefit from doing such long time skips during just 2 days of event. I suggest reducing all those quest to just one time skip and consider reducing the last one to 4 hours too (total cost 2200). The benefits are still too small but maybe somebody really want the tree of silence upgrade now or the last milestone: golden archidruid hut upgrade.
  5. In beta the time of Rival start seems to be off. On live they all start at the same time as GE, but in beta it start a few hour laters. That can harm the testing we are doing. The concurrence of GbG is also off, but I'm not sure that has any negative effect. You might want to start Rival on beta at the time it is supposed to start on live in relation to other part of the game.
  6. You are clearly including so many bug fp quests to run our fp costs higher. You should remind players that in higher age they can easily produce more coins. Players don't seems to understand you want them to age up. Just tell them.
I don't understand who the Rival is target. Based on what I see it is intended for stupid high spender players. But it provide so little actual benefit that you might push that target population to shrink.

Can I suggest you employee someone who can do a cost/benefit analysis?
You don't need a mathematician just somebody that can set the problem in excel and read the result.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Newbies haven't bought thousands of FP with coin yet... The way the coin purchase curve works it's almost impossible to put it truly out of reach of yourself to buy another 100 (which only raises the cost per FP by a mere 5k coins more). To drive the coin cost of a FP up significantly you have to be able to afford a lot of FP in the first place. Certainly "6 months" of events would not do so.
At the beginning you don't have thousands of coins laying around either. I've definitely had situations in early days where I've scrambled to get sufficient coins to buy enough fps as per request. The lack of efficient coin sources and design that assumes either veteran level of experience or efficient event buildings in place make it hard.
I get your point too but it's a really biased point of view. Assuming similar veteran level of experience and knowledge of the game. Newbies don't know they should stock up coins and not to buy extra fps until the event asks for it. They don't have hundreds of thousands of coins laying around. Much closer to budgets of 5-10k. It's easy to get stuck with such small budgets. Especially since buildings costs coins/supplies to building them.
As veterans it's an no brainier to setup black smiths, spam houses and just keeping happiness to 100%. Harvesting coins and preparing for events. Then just completing event after event. Newbies don't know anything of that at all. I totally get the point that for veterans like us it's extraordinarily difficult to manoeuvre ourselves into an coin-shortage but for newbies... it's an different story and that's what I'm mostly concerned about. Guess why? If veterans quit, newbies that stuck around can replace them. Unless they've quit before.
Why would they quit before breaking through? Events have become frustrating and hostile in design towards them. For all they know rivals are just as important as the main event quests. Except they're next to impossible to beat with a fresh city w/o event buildings, experience and upfront knowledge. Then they can get easily stuck in the buy X fps quests. Idk about anyone else but if I where an new player and I would find myself in situation where I liked an game but got confronted with frustrating events that I can't complete, I would quit probably after 1-2 events. Rival contributes negatively into this too and would've probably been better somewhere at the end of early medieval age. It's still somewhat early-ish into unlock but at least newbies got the chance to establish themselves first and learn and master the basics. Probably even finding ways to acces advice from veterans like UBERhelp1, MooingCat on YT or in-game veterans

hmm .. the complaints about buying FP quests feels more like a pet peave of the veterans than a real issue of the newbies: faintly remember my early days (when I started many worlds and did events to get diamonds from the random rewards of quests), there was exactly one world were I ran into trouble while excessively buying FPs for research (not for events). Those worlds are sleeping now - too lazy for diamond farming by wishing wells ;) - but could buy at least 400 FPs in each, that's a lot more than anything required in an event. Just saying ..

At the beginning you don't have thousands of coins laying around either. I've definitely had situations in early days where I've scrambled to get sufficient coins to buy enough fps as per request. The lack of efficient coin sources and design that assumes either veteran level of experience or efficient event buildings in place make it hard.
I get your point too but it's a really biased point of view. Assuming similar veteran level of experience and knowledge of the game. Newbies don't know they should stock up coins and not to buy extra fps until the event asks for it. They don't have hundreds of thousands of coins laying around. Much closer to budgets of 5-10k. It's easy to get stuck with such small budgets. Especially since buildings costs coins/supplies to building them.
As veterans it's an no brainier to setup black smiths, spam houses and just keeping happiness to 100%. Harvesting coins and preparing for events. Then just completing event after event. Newbies don't know anything of that at all. I totally get the point that for veterans like us it's extraordinarily difficult to manoeuvre ourselves into an coin-shortage but for newbies... it's an different story and that's what I'm mostly concerned about. Guess why? If veterans quit, newbies that stuck around can replace them. Unless they've quit before.
Why would they quit before breaking through? Events have become frustrating and hostile in design towards them. For all they know rivals are just as important as the main event quests. Except they're next to impossible to beat with a fresh city w/o event buildings, experience and upfront knowledge. Then they can get easily stuck in the buy X fps quests. Idk about anyone else but if I where an new player and I would find myself in situation where I liked an game but got confronted with frustrating events that I can't complete, I would quit probably after 1-2 events. Rival contributes negatively into this too and would've probably been better somewhere at the end of early medieval age. It's still somewhat early-ish into unlock but at least newbies got the chance to establish themselves first and learn and master the basics. Probably even finding ways to acces advice from veterans like UBERhelp1, MooingCat on YT or in-game veterans
Actually if you strugle with coin as a new player, buying fp is not your problem.
The real problem are those pay x coin / pay x supplies. Those are very problematic for new cities. In BA the value are manageble.
But starting with IA the amount go way up.

For wildlife event just the rush quest require: 69 600 coins and 33 400 supplies *. None of those has any alternative.
There are Pay 10 000 supplies for quest 20 Ididn't write down the exact value while the quest was active. So it might be slightly more or less.
Rush quests aren't any better. Quest 50 (4th February) should require about 23 000 coin from an IA city. That is more than 11 times higher than a recurring quest payment.

Buying fp is not the issue for new cities. It's an issue only if you buy as many fp as you can with your coin pushing the price way way up. If you start doing event as soon as possible you don't
have the time to push you fp cost to even tens of thousands before you notice that event require you to buy fo to complete.

Note: I started a new city on the 24th of last december. Finding the coins and supplies to pay all those quests )winter and wildlife events) was very painfull and time consuming.
(Tip: in early ages, stone age hut and BA blacksmith on 5 minutes production can produce huge amount of coin and supplies if you can collect them that frequently. The Hut is even more efficient than EMA houses if you can collect that frequently, especially if you have happy population and castle level 1: 8 coin per collection because of rounding effects.)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Actually if you strugle with coin as a new player, buying fp is not your problem.
The real problem are those pay x coin / pay x supplies. Those are very problematic for new cities. In BA the value are manageble.
But starting with IA the amount go way up.

For wildlife event just the rush quest require: 69 600 coins and 33 400 supplies *. None of those has any alternative.
There are Pay 10 000 supplies for quest 20 Ididn't write down the exact value while the quest was active. So it might be slightly more or less.
Rush quests aren't any better. Quest 50 (4th February) should require about 23 000 coin from an IA city. That is more than 11 times higher than a recurring quest payment.

Buying fp is not the issue for new cities. It's an issue only if you buy as many fp as you can with your coin pushing the price way way up. If you start doing event as soon as possible you don't
have the time to push you fp cost to even tens of thousands before you notice that event require you to buy fo to complete.
Buy X fps is worse than pay X coins. Since the paywall gets steeper for every bought fp. Thus escalating the issue and setting it in default on an unsustainable path. However like you've pointed out, paying X coins/supplies is also at a severe point. When kickstarting an new city, w/o grinding for coins/supplies in preparation of an event, it's typical to start off with 5-10k coins, supplies are harder to get at the beginning. It appears the event requirements don't take into account newbies, just early age camping veterans. The game is on a course that makes events very difficult for newbies. The announcement regarding rivals for example felt rushed and assumed that newbies should've educated themselves before even playing their first event. It's a dangerous path.
Note: I started a new city on the 24th of last december. Finding the coins and supplies to pay all those quests )winter and wildlife events) was very painfull and time consuming.
(Tip: in early ages, stone age hut and BA blacksmith on 5 minutes production can produce huge amount of coin and supplies if you can collect them that frequently. The Hut is even more efficient than EMA houses if you can collect that frequently, especially if you have happy population and castle level 1: 8 coin per collection because of rounding effects.)
Bare in mind that newbies don't know this. Yes, as new players may figure out that short supply production options are the most efficient. Though it's very much a grind. Same goes with coins, due to the lack of efficient event buildings present newbies' cities.

Slennan

Farmer
Sorry for stepping in the argument, but I would like to know: AFAIK the six reward boxes at the end of every town/Level can be opened at once with a discount of 1.400 Gold instead of 1.850. I just dont see any button for that. How do I get the discount?

Sorry for stepping in the argument, but I would like to know: AFAIK the six reward boxes at the end of every town/Level can be opened at once with a discount of 1.400 Gold instead of 1.850. I just dont see any button for that. How do I get the discount?
You can see the discount after you open the first free box.

[...]

Bare in mind that newbies don't know this. Yes, as new players may figure out that short supply production options are the most efficient. Though it's very much a grind. Same goes with coins, due to the lack of efficient event buildings present newbies' cities.
I know that new players don't know that. I didn't when I started. I found this out in a 2 year old guide just recently (and I saw the guide multiple times before I notice this detail).

But you don't need much experience to find out about the fp cost. So without any prior knowledge a new player can understand, by himself, that fp buying should be reserved for quests.
But finding a solution to the high price of pay x coin is much more difficult. So as a new player I was unable to complete the first few event, until my coin and supply production stabilized.

As a player with experience I was able to finish the winter event questline, full level pyramid (no golder/silver upgrade), and a full level choccolatery (no golden upgrade), even starting on the 24th. But that required playing the event already on beta and having another city in IA so I knew the exact number of productions, battles, coin, supplies and units, not just ranges like you can find in the wiki.

Amitola1

Farmer
I know that new players don't know that. I didn't when I started. I found this out in a 2 year old guide just recently (and I saw the guide multiple times before I notice this detail).

But you don't need much experience to find out about the fp cost. So without any prior knowledge a new player can understand, by himself, that fp buying should be reserved for quests.
But finding a solution to the high price of pay x coin is much more difficult. So as a new player I was unable to complete the first few event, until my coin and supply production stabilized.

As a player with experience I was able to finish the winter event questline, full level pyramid (no golder/silver upgrade), and a full level choccolatery (no golden upgrade), even starting on the 24th. But that required playing the event already on beta and having another city in IA so I knew the exact number of productions, battles, coin, supplies and units, not just ranges like you can find in the wiki.
I'm new to Beta but not to the game having played about 5 yrs total, 3 yrs, 3 yrs away and now 2yrs. Rival was knew to me so when I started Beta I was hit with the St Pat event. I've been in Beta about 4 days or so now and had no problem buying the 10fp. Reason is I have many Thatched Houses after building many Chalet I remembered that Thatched Houses will build up your coin at a much higher rate so I replaced the Chalets. Do they run the Rival every Tues while an event is active? If so I look forward to next Tues so I can do some Rival Quests to help with St Pats.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm new to Beta but not to the game having played about 5 yrs total, 3 yrs, 3 yrs away and now 2yrs. Rival was knew to me so when I started Beta I was hit with the St Pat event. I've been in Beta about 4 days or so now and had no problem buying the 10fp. Reason is I have many Thatched Houses after building many Chalet I remembered that Thatched Houses will build up your coin at a much higher rate so I replaced the Chalets. Do they run the Rival every Tues while an event is active? If so I look forward to next Tues so I can do some Rival Quests to help with St Pats.
That appears to be the pattern so far (wildlife was in the 3 middle tuesdays; st pat's first one started on the first middle-tuesday). Perhaps too early to proclaim it as an "always" as I think they're still somewhat testing what they want to do with the feature.