• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
PAT24_logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Thursday, January 18th, you can go an an fantastic adventure with your managers and Paddy McCharms in our St. Patrick's Day Event!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "Luck is not with me." is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or previous events is not helpful.
  • Questions that ask when it will be released on the live server will not be answered. We always announce it in time there.
  • Don't report any bugs here. Please use the bugs forum.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.
Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

That sucks that the upgrade managers prize is only good for one use, hopefully the rival gives multiple during a taskline like the wildlife powerups.

Also not pleased I had to go to another website to read the announcement...the one here was just a filler, might as well have copy pasted it..

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That sucks that the upgrade managers prize is only good for one use, hopefully the rival gives multiple during a taskline like the wildlife powerups.

Also not pleased I had to go to another website to read the announcement...the one here was just a filler, might as well have copy pasted it..
The powerups are an interesting twist, but relatively minor in power.

Quick Promotion: Two ways to use:

1) A discount on the most expensive manager you'd buy anyways. i.e. for me 150 gold for a Lv4 festival or ship manager. Who doesn't like free event currency?
2) An opportunity to buy a manager level you usually wouldn't to save some time. In my case during last fellowship, a Lv5 festival manager which saves me almost 4 hours but wasn't deemed to be worth 300 gold to me.

Time Warp: Blindingly straight forward 2 hours off

SwiftSham Savings: Basically the same thing as Time Warp but more restrictive. At the levels I was running Fellowship at last time this is 1-1.5 hours off. But could be 2+ hours with low managers. 3.4 hours with 1-1-1 managers looking at my sims from fellowship.

While cutting a couple hours off a run is not exactly thrilling, used at the right moments it could help avoid some of the worst scheduling headaches caused by this event style. You wouldn't need to do it every run - just those ones where you were going to end/need to check in at a bad time and if you shift it earlier a little bit then it's not such a bad time. You already could do this to some extent - but these are extra tools for it.

@Jaber does the "Archdruid Trees Selection Kit" contain also the tree of silence like it did on beta in the previous event (I think the name was the same,but on live it was removed at least as end of city reward)?

Exclusive to the Silver Pass and Pagan Harvest Selection Kit is this excellent new addition to your towns!
If something can be obtained in two way it is not exclusive. Please remove the word from the "Rune Garden". You can use a formulation similar to the one for Sheep Shire: "Received in the Silver Pass of the event or from the Pagan Harvest Selection Kit is this excellent new addition to your towns!"
Otherwise we would have to call the German grammar police on you. /s

"Exclusive" is used correctly for the Town Reward Building.

BTW capitalizing the first letter in each word in the title is incorrect in English. It is done in some other European lenguages, but it's bad in English.

The announcement with the details does not contain a link to this forum discussion (I suppose so it can be recycled as is for the live English announcement).

estrid

Baronet
Could you please add the possibility to skip the introduction to this event especially and to all others, too. I have seen them dozens times already, and again I must do it three times when playing on three live worlds.

Ashura Tsunoda

Merchant
Could you please add the possibility to skip the introduction to this event especially and to all others, too. I have seen them dozens times already, and again I must do it three times when playing on three live worlds.
This time it takes just 30seconds to a minute to play through the tutorial. Bit repetitive for people with a few worlds but still very short. I can see a newby skipping the tutorial by accident if there would be an option.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Missing one of the random productions on the sacred tree of patience:

1705580585717.png

Was going to fill out a bug report but it was too much of a nuisance to cover all the required fields :p

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The boosters seem a bit underwhelming, but I suppose it depends on how many you get from rivals. The manager one will save you some pots or possibly some hours with an additional level, the other two will both save at max 2 hours on a town. Definitely nice to have, but not that big of a deal.

So guess what I'm saying is that if you get 1 per rivals they're definitely underpowered, if you get many then it might be good.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The boosters seem a bit underwhelming, but I suppose it depends on how many you get from rivals. The manager one will save you some pots or possibly some hours with an additional level, the other two will both save at max 2 hours on a town. Definitely nice to have, but not that big of a deal.

So guess what I'm saying is that if you get 1 per rivals they're definitely underpowered, if you get many then it might be good.
I think the rival for this one is going to be a bit weird no matter what. What all can they really ask us to do given that cities normally take ~a day to complete (sure you can make it go faster, but it's expensive) and rival questlines last 2 days?

Wasting away pots of gold on things you wouldn't normally buy would be hard to justify unless they're giving even more pots of gold back in exchange.

It's not like wildlife where "go play the game more" might cost diamonds to get enough tickets, but ultimately if you were going to spend diamonds on the event it's nothing too different than what you would've bought anyways and you still get the progress to go with it.

The St Fellowsrick Event is all about managing and minimizing incidental expenses. And I have to think the Rival challenges are going to be asking you to do stupid things like "get a level 5 manager" or worse something even more specific like "get a level 4 drink manager". And the prizes to justify bad spends would have to be insane.

I think the rival for this one is going to be a bit weird no matter what. What all can they really ask us to do given that cities normally take ~a day to complete (sure you can make it go faster, but it's expensive) and rival questlines last 2 days?

[...]
Since the point of Rival seems to make us spend more diamond, I suppose doing a lot of task would force us to buy speed up or PoG.
If the number of tasks is very high you might be forced to start a new city when you don't have the Pots or you don't have the time to wait producing the 8.4Q to end multiple cities in 48 hours.

That is what I fear Inno is going to do with Rival.

Aerendil

Squire
Working fine so far

Can you give us an anouncement when the mini event starts, please? Or just post it here?