• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Have a question for discussion.

There seem to be 2 dominant strategies in this event, and it requires a decision for sure. I don't see how they can co-exist, but someone can enlighten me.

Strategy 1: Obtain the main event prize via NOT concentrating on as many expensive tasks (like getting higher and higher manager levels to satisfy those tasks...) and just spending the discounted 1400 pots to get the upgrades you need (and other things). This puts you at risk of getting much from leagues, because TASKS counts drive League progress, and leagues has some nice additional things.

Strategy 2: Play and win the event prize via doing all the tasks required/city, even the expensive ones that don't seem necessary, and are costly. You therefore get LEAGUE participation AND the event prizes.

Thoughts?
Modifications?
Suggestions?
Where (what strategy) will the least diamonds be required, or no diamonds be required?
Is there an alternate strategy you like vs just these 2 basic ones?

Personally, I"ve always done Strategy 1 for all the years SPD has been in the game.
1) Doesn't look like you can get main building upgrades from after town chests, so you need 200 tasks regardless. That's 5-6 towns with my town strategies, so still quite chill, and you should have enough pots of gold to buy all 6 a couple of times :)

2) If you go for the league you don't want to do the really expensive tasks, that will slow you down a lot and cost way too much, leading to fewer tasks in total. My recommendation is basically he same as for chill strategies, except you don't spend a lot (if anything at all) on chests.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
How are newbies expected to have full knowledge of the rival's mechanics? In the announcement it's only mentioned the rival is included. For the newbies it'll be extremely confusing. Thinking the event is either buggy or an unknown to them requirement to activate the rivals. Similar how events must be unlocked. Never mind that the rival's design is hostile towards newbies...

Kronan

Viceroy
@MooingCat - went looking for your 2024 SPD (Saint Paddy's Day) event guide.... did NOT see it. Can you put a link in here, or private link this to me, or tell me to just use 2023, if that's your suggestion?

Namaste.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
@MooingCat - went looking for your 2024 SPD (Saint Paddy's Day) event guide.... did NOT see it. Can you put a link in here, or private link this to me, or tell me to just use 2023, if that's your suggestion?

Namaste.
For now just use 2023, haven't made anything new yet. The towns are the same, so that'll work as usual :)

.Dino.

Farmer
If the rivals require you to do certain things in towns, I think it would be better if the timer started when you completed the first task. For example, you have 2 days to start the quests, then after you started you have 2 days (or however long they are) to complete them.

Actually, I think that would be nice regardless, gives players a bit more flexibility.
I like it, but I dislike the idea at the same time, because time is always the same for anything in the game: expedition, guild battlegrounds etc. Even daily challenges, even if you can manually change them (because you automatically miss one). One exception would lead to another.

For now just use 2023, haven't made anything new yet. The towns are the same, so that'll work as usual :)
I feel like they changed up the in game tasks, took away (?) or moved the upgrade N times to further back in the event. I'm on variant 2 right now, but it's very inconvenient to push these particular tasks back to the point where you're unable to do them because the cost is greater than just going to the next town. Stuck on the 150 upgrades and already got my manager/boat up to 300. Its really easy at the start of the game where you're upgrading everything, but not at the end game where each single upgrade is 1T+.

This was my negative last year, no point in keeping tasks that would take more than the cost to go to the next town.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I feel like they changed up the in game tasks, took away (?) or moved the upgrade N times to further back in the event. I'm on variant 2 right now, but it's very inconvenient to push these particular tasks back to the point where you're unable to do them because the cost is greater than just going to the next town. Stuck on the 150 upgrades and already got my manager/boat up to 300. Its really easy at the start of the game where you're upgrading everything, but not at the end game where each single upgrade is 1T+.

This was my negative last year, no point in keeping tasks that would take more than the cost to go to the next town.
Town 1 and 2 are the same, are you looking at the right town?

CDmark

Baronet
can anyone tell me the swift-sham % savings? The other 2 are fine, haven't screwed them up, esp the manager one but it is tricky and agree it needs a y/n to accept it. I can see time warp helping, when I have 2 hrs left to collect 8.4Q and I have time to do tasks for next town, it will come in handy.

Kronan

Viceroy
I might not want to.. but how\where do we find these Rival challenges.. ???
If history is any guide, the first Rival challenge might (will probably??) appear next Tuesday (historically reveals itself in conjunction with GE starting...), as that's been it's MO for being revealed. You will see a new RIVAL questgiver in the stack on your left, added to the storyquest giver, Daily challenger giver, and of course SPD Event giver. So look there - and look for the Baron...

Last edited:
If history is any guide, the first Rival challenge might (will probably??) appear next Tuesday (historically reveals itself in conjunction with GE starting...), as that's been it's MO for being revealed. You will see a new RIVAL questgiver in the stack on your left, added to the storyquest giver, Daily challenger giver, and of course SPD Event giver. So look there - and look for the Baron...

Historically Rival has NOT appeared when GE starts. It appeared on the same day that GE start but at a different time.

The only Rival that started with GE was the one whose quests and rewards were lined to GE.
The Rivals that ware linked to an event (Wildlife) started at the same hour and minute (9:30 UTC) that the event start on that server (beta).

Birrgit

Farmer
Hello everyone, so my results so far. Absolutely too difficult for a beginner like me. The costs are too high to get a pot of gold. Otherwise the game can be played smoothly, even if I still can't make any progress after three days.

mawthecat

Farmer
I am also a Newcomer to Beta but have played St. Patricks before. I am still struggling with all the beginners issues like not enough coins, supplies, goods, fightpower etc. But nevertheless have already played two cities now in the Event. At the End I chose each time 4 chests to safe pots.

So far.... for a Beginner City the prizes I got cannot really help a young city grow. Tons of Fragments start to fill up my inventory.
Fragments of SoK, WW, WWshrink, even Fragments of Finish goods Prod. An Upgrade for a Tree where the Lv1 is missing.
Even Gold and Silver chests are not attractive because of all the upgrades for Buildings from past events that you have not played.
The main building is in early Levels focused on Deff, that is of no use if you are far from playing GEX5. The building starts to get more interesting towards the higher stages, but I don't know if I can reach that Level.
The only really nice item I got was a Lv1 Celtic Glasswork
Why not bring a rogue hideout in the earlier phase of every Event as a prize? This will really help every beginner to advance in the game.
Lets see what is still to come.

Tudor Almighty

Merchant

Each Rival Questline should appear 24 hours earlier and with a countdown like in the Daily Challenges, to know exactly when it starts. Inno Please.

1) Doesn't look like you can get main building upgrades from after town chests, so you need 200 tasks regardless. That's 5-6 towns with my town strategies, so still quite chill, and you should have enough pots of gold to buy all 6 a couple of times :)

2) If you go for the league you don't want to do the really expensive tasks, that will slow you down a lot and cost way too much, leading to fewer tasks in total. My recommendation is basically he same as for chill strategies, except you don't spend a lot (if anything at all) on chests.
The sad thing is no matter what strategy you are using, there is no way of getting Epic St. Patrick's 2024 Selection Kits and previous years' prises. While in the previous events, I was getting the main prize and like 2-3 previous event buildings, this event, most of us will only get the main prise and nothing else, which makes this event the worst event of them all.

[...]

The sad thing is no matter what strategy you are using, there is no way of getting Epic St. Patrick's 2024 Selection Kits and previous years' prises. While in the previous events, I was getting the main prize and like 2-3 previous event buildings, this event, most of us will only get the main prise and nothing else, which makes this event the worst event of all.
The previous event building appears in the 3rd slot of prizes for city completion.
So if you are interested in that you can open extra chest, or buy them all. Uber's data, with a small sample, suggests that this appear quite frequently (>50%).