• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Glad I could skip the buy X:forge_point: they're just unsustainable. Completed a couple completable quests. Like assigning/promoting managers, fighting GE, winning X fights and beating specific armies.
Rival's quests required cheesy tactics at wild life. Very specifically followed tactics and some good RNG luck. Besides that the unsustainable buy X:forge_point: making the rival shooting himself in the foot. Best to not complete those quests unless whatever it's giving is valuable enough to you. Just like others concluded, best advice is: just clear easy rival quests, reap the benefits, ignore him after. I'd like to add on it: don't pay intention to the guy; he's more rude than a grinch teenager. Just pretend he's just mad at your succes and ability to raids to get those expensive boosters for cheap.

Inno probs wont listen to the overwhelmingly negative feedback anyways. Instead just vote with your wallets. Also the rival isn't the 1st rude personage of an Inno game. In Kartuga an even more aggressively rude guy handed out the daily login bonus... if you've beaten others in an hard daily PvP game. When losing once or twice or more he became aggressive and extremely rude. Guess that guy has gotten much older and returned as the rival. Not glad to meet him again though

Menardi

Farmer
the rival quest is not possible to complete? In task 29 I have to spend three boosts that I no longer have. Before that I only used the boss for the rival quest?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_134102_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_134102_Forge of Empires.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 27

CrashBoom

Legend
the rival quest is not possible to complete? In task 29 I have to spend three boosts that I no longer have. Before that I only used the boss for the rival quest?
Inno wants that you pay 400 gold for it 3 times for the 2 hour skip
in the next quest you should pay 700 gold twice for 4 hour skip
and in the last quest 1200 for 8 hour skip

but you shouldn't do that

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
As for feedback. Just remove the buy X:forge_point: quests entirely. The main event quests have too many of them and with rival overwhelming us with them, events become unplayable for f2p players. Unless you're gonna give us 50:diamond:/fp we have to buy with the quests prior to them or giving us vouchers for such.
For the plat. upgrade. Change it from 25% chance for upgrades to 30% chance upgrade selection kit + 70% chance trees selection kits. This way the balance is somewhat maintained from golden upgrade. As for the rival. Review the rudeness of text. Pissing off and insulting potential paying customers won't do anything good or contributes anything constructive. The trees' upgrades could've used the no-road connection required upgrade. Unless it's planned for the diamond upgrade, I guess...

Inno, you have players in beta, Mooingcat, Ubernerd come to mind, both well respected, game savvy and don't mind a challenge. Why can't you have them take a look at these new Rival quests and get their opinion before you launch this impossible or money grab stuff on the beta community. Many beta players, come to see the next event, offer input to help fix things before it goes live. We work together. To introduce a questline that requires crazy costs, NO BUENO, NO BUENO at all.

Hat manager AND flowers manager to L4, both? not an OR? and we would never want to take them to L4, never needed for any town,
Cake AND Drink managers to L4, both? (see above for hat/flower)

I haven't even looked close at the "time skip" quests I saw above. I may not bother spending the time, skip the comment, think others will chime in.

You introduce 3 new tools, time skip, swift-sham (stupid name btw, sounds like card game scam), and quick promotion, then you make us use them when they make no sense at all, ie I started a town, do 4 tasks, "Oh great, seems like Rivals will be ok", then "Use any 2 Time Skips 2 times for instant Shamrocks and speed up your progress" pls add....so we can take all your pots of gold and you can get some lovely L1 trees and an upgrade kit of a building from last year.
As a long time player (7 years), I have enjoyed previous Rivals quests. They do drive up Diamond usage (suspected goal!), but adds to the spice of the events.

This time, the St Patrick event (always a painful one that requires way too much time investment) has Rivals that are totally against solid game play. "4 Managers for Cake & Drinks" is never the right thing to do. This causes me to stop playing Rivals, when I suppose you want us to play longer hoping for the top rewards. Wrong!!!

Rivals should require us to spend Diamonds to advance farther into the quest, not mess it up!

Maybe you can fix this before it gets out of Beta...

Kronan

Viceroy
As soon as possible.

It is possible after collecting 8,4Q shamrocks.

At this time, there should be ~33 tasks solved.
@Daniel der Vollstrecker

I think if most people shoot for 33 task before they move on, from city to city, they're going to run way short on their bank of EARNED EVENT gold. Of course if you're buying gold, then all bets are off.

Money does lubricate the game, and changes the strategy to more relaxed, right?

Actually - Inno makes it pretty clear when it's time to stop frivolous spending on tasks....I call it the MANAGEMENT BLOCK. It's in every city.

When you get ALL 3 task at the same time - each asking for THE MANAGERS to get an unreasonable costing upgrade, then it's time to work on getting the city done, and moving forward.

Without any investment though - I"m not doing the Level 4 manager tasks... or some other vastly costly ones. SO.... I typically get between 20-25 GENERALLY reasonably PRICED tasks/city.

I think this is a good balance and seems to be working.

My goal is at the 200 tasks mark for the event prize, and my stretch-goal is the 300 task mark for the Sacred ArchDruid upgrade.

I'm @ 140 tasks now. No diamonds spent.

Getting to 8.4Q doesn't take more than 2 days/city. I have to have enough gold to start the next city, and if I spend too much on tasks, I won't be able to do so effectively.

The gold is allocated in parcels, and yes- it increases more/day when you reach daily questing (vs rapid questing) but if you don't watch your spending of accumulated gold, you'll have to buy some to just get your next city going if you spend too much for tasks on the last one.

Last edited:

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I don't want to get stressed up because of the rival quests. It is obvious that many of them go against the logic of the minigames, but I decided I'll do whatever I can without too much spending and I'll just give up on the rest.

Kronan

Viceroy
Stuck on Rival 26/32
2x L4 Managers *unreasonable
3x Timeskip *Unreasonable, especially since timeskips were an earlier quest.

Yes but make sure you look here at the table of all 4 tracks, and the Rival task/task type in them. It's very clear this weeks RIVAL is a BLEND of 2 things:

Track B and C are PURE GE tasks.

Track A and D are pure Event (SPD) tasks.

If you're stuck @ 26, you probably did most or ALL of B and C, and got stopped out at the points easily identified here, courtesy of @MooingCat 's generous and important contribution to this topic:

That makes sense. Most of the harshest vocalization here over the last 2 days was for precisely the same points you made.

Last edited:
As for feedback. Just remove the buy X:forge_point: quests entirely. The main event quests have too many of them and with rival overwhelming us with them, events become unplayable for f2p players. Unless you're gonna give us 50:diamond:/fp we have to buy with the quests prior to them or giving us vouchers for such.
For the plat. upgrade. Change it from 25% chance for upgrades to 30% chance upgrade selection kit + 70% chance trees selection kits. This way the balance is somewhat maintained from golden upgrade. As for the rival. Review the rudeness of text. Pissing off and insulting potential paying customers won't do anything good or contributes anything constructive. The trees' upgrades could've used the no-road connection required upgrade. Unless it's planned for the diamond upgrade, I guess...
The quests/tasks would fit if the payback would be adequate. But they should somehow explain why one would have to pay some 5000 event currency by getting back 200 and sorts of scrap. And still these rivals are steeling time, comfort time!!!! At the end of the day there should be a net income or cash out in tools, event cash or any like this
4970 additional pots of gold.

Mooning Cat named it 4970 additional pots of gold. If I would buy that event currency at the best rate of 1750 dias and buy dias at the best rate offered for 2000 event currency I would need to buy 2,5 packages, which would make some 45 EUR at best rate….. Just to fulfil one of two rivals for none paying customers? Are you kidding?

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
The quests/tasks would fit if the payback would be adequate.
The buy X:forge_point: would remain unsustainable. Let’s say it’ll require to buy 30:forge_point:/rival series that’s 30 x 50:diamond: = 1.500:diamond:. Take into account the effort and risks evolved in trying to completing them should return greater than 1,5k diamonds. Assuming the return is greater than what 1,5k diamonds could’ve given.
It’s still creating an unsustainable situation. As the rival isn’t the only series of event quests that require to buy fps. Also main event quests do. The reason is simple; the costs increase over time until it’s impossible to muster the needed coins. This is an major concern for the future of events. Especially since rivals are pushing hard on the buy X fps quests

The buy X:forge_point: would remain unsustainable. Let’s say it’ll require to buy 30:forge_point:/rival series that’s 30 x 50:diamond: = 1.500:diamond:. Take into account the effort and risks evolved in trying to completing them should return greater than 1,5k diamonds. Assuming the return is greater than what 1,5k diamonds could’ve given.
It’s still creating an unsustainable situation. As the rival isn’t the only series of event quests that require to buy fps. Also main event quests do. The reason is simple; the costs increase over time until it’s impossible to muster the needed coins. This is an major concern for the future of events. Especially since rivals are pushing hard on the buy X fps quests
Sorry... bad eyes... I saw the pots of gold instead of FPs.... so the reply doesnt fit. I need new glasses

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How do you not have enough coins to keep up? The FP cost only increases by 50 coins per FP bought. Even if every event required 1000 FP bought. I think it'd take me years til I couldn't afford it. And they don't take anywhere close to that much. (most of my worlds have 40k+ worth of FP currently purchaseable - apart from the one where I literally bought 30k FP at the start of SAT with coins).

Edit: running the numbers on my industrial camper, it appears 40k on most was probably an overestimate, but here's a spreadsheet you can plug your own numbers into to see just how many you can buy now, without any further collections:

I'm at over 8000 available on a low age camping world. And over 6000 available on a SAT world that has already bought 44k FP. At absolute worst, you might have to start paying attention to making coins again some day years away imo (the horror!)

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
This is pure theft , timeskip bonus you receive are only good for the 2hours , so you have to pay 2x700 and 1x1200 gold to complete =2600 gold + paying your managers means you have to buy minimum 2x 2000 gold for total of 3500 diamonds to receive a golden upgrade that is worthless if you already are gold at the druidhut, shame on you inno. Not allowed to critic developers but hé............

Thunderdome

Emperor
Rival for me (finally finished one; had to buy since I am on a limited time schedule for gaming due to working OT throughout):

GE Fighting Rival: Start at GE 1 (if you haven't done it yet) and fight until the end of GE-64 (or towards GE-80 if you like). Get those medals (or diamonds) out for those additional attempts. Stop once you see a green checkmark (each time) to collect and resume fighting to the end. This also works for getting those battles without losing quests done as well (else, you have to head elsewhere for that if you completed GE in a day).
GE Negotiation Rival: Skip this for now. Once you have completed GE-64, the negotiation quests will light up to collect upon. Fight the fights to buildup on the fighting meter (for me, it was at the 15 battles without losing bit; the rest of the fights, I took it to the neighbors).
Third Rival: Make sure you do this bit, donate the goods, and then finish all the way.
Last Rival: Make sure you count off on the tasks done (don't hit them until the quests asking for them comes up, else you will be just sitting there waiting). For speedups, make sure you're lining up the quests to receive them back (if you used them prior to the rival starting up, you're going to have to buy). The ONLY one that you won't be using is the shamrock one for when you move from city to the next. Manager level ups (4 and beyond will require gold; 5 would be good if you have the quick promotion available as those costs can skyrocket, especially on the drinks and fireworks managers).

Yes, I had to spend because my time is quite limited (once again) but I just want to put the rival under my belt as completed. And Kemosabe, you won't see me doing rival a second time so luck can go (you know what). Heh heh.

Last edited:

Amitola1

Farmer
Since I'm new to Beta and still in BA there aren't many rival quests I can complete. I was able to do the buy 10fp though. Just did what I could and skipped the ones that gave GE encounters since I can't do GE yet. It was fun while it lasted.

jtrucker

Baronet
Sorry don't have time to read it all now, if anyone reported this BUG:
Wrong icon for the task collect goods, icon is showing shamrocks instead of goods.
foe_bug.jpg

(first variant of the city, dunno # of the task, because they do not get done in order all the time, but I have 28 finished ATM) .

Sorry don't have time to read it all now, if anyone reported this BUG:
Wrong icon for the task collect goods, icon is showing shamrocks instead of goods.
View attachment 10677

(first variant of the city, dunno # of the task, because they do not get done in order all the time, but I have 28 finished ATM) .
The icon is correct, you need to generate shamrocks from your factories.
The "goods" might be misleading.

BTW, if you know how many tasks you completed and you want to know what is the number of the third just add 3 to your total (in this case 28+3=31).

This does not work for the 1st and 2nd spot in your current tasks, because those might be out of order. The last one cannot be out of order.
In your case case cake manager to level 3 is task 22nd and firework level 2 is 28th.

Last edited: