• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2024

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
If the rivals require you to do certain things in towns, I think it would be better if the timer started when you completed the first task. For example, you have 2 days to start the quests, then after you started you have 2 days (or however long they are) to complete them.

Actually, I think that would be nice regardless, gives players a bit more flexibility.

Last edited:

Astrid

Baronet
Rivals... and this absurd mechanic. I wish they removed this mechanic from the game already, it's just nightmarish.

Here is my only feedback for this type of event and Fellowship that's basically the same thing: replace this mechanic with the older Archaeology / Halloween one.

We're supposed to have fun when playing games.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I like that the Sacred Archdruid Hut gives fragments for the Archdruid trees selection kit or Tree of Silence upgrade. I would really like to see my Tree of Silence fragments from last year converted to one or the other of these.

Dessire

Regent
Rewards are just meh. Waiting for anniversary event reveal. The only way I could play this event would be if there are finish all special productions inside the chests or chance to earn last year fellowship event buildings.

FUUUUDGE there needs to be a confirmation before using those bonuses. Accidentally used my dang hat on a useless upgrade instead of pressing the upgrade button.

Also there is a chocolate factory kit when you finish towns, not sure who wanted that lol.

Iron Age camper here on beta, thanks for the diamonds, will only be used on the event as intended. Don't see anything where you can do rival challenges, maybe it's not enabled or you have to research the technology in stages like one of the Middle Ages. I personally like the idea of rival challenges, it adds something to the event, which is always my favorite on the main cities. No problems elsewise

SirAlucard

Steward
Same here with the stupid use of the manager upgrade. I can only second, that the button needs to be moved or a window for confirmation should be added, before it's really used.

Otherwise, I don't know how Inno plans with the rival quests, but I hate everything about their approach to force their "new and cool" idea into everything. Everyone, who had marketing education in their past, knows, that if you make something more accessible, people are more likely to spend money on something like that. But instead Inno uses a crowbar method* to get people to spend money in a time, where money gets tighter and tighter because of decission makers in high ranking positions, who just think with their own, all ready full, wallet.

Sorry if people don't understand it, German word is "Brechstangenmethode" and it means something is forced with all might.

LeonaRdo78

Merchant
Basically everything is fine for the event being tested. A small request for registration. The numbers in white font on a light blue background are not very visible. If possible, fix it. Thank you.

CrashBoom

Legend
so more dead fragments
after upgrading the Archdruid to platinum the players will have the old fragments which they never finish anymore

and sure a few would now say:
finish the tree before upgrading
but the building produce 2 different trees randomly.
so I doubt that a player has the luck to finish both together so having 0 fragments of both at the same time

rontom

Merchant
Button placement aside.. i like the boosts, i used the manager for level 2 fireworks, I guess the most efficient use of the 2 hr boost would be when boat and festival hit 300 but i fell foul of the button this time around. The 20% rocks considering its a freebie

sukimato

Farmer
I don't understand why they announce something that is not immediately implemented in the game... and it is not the first time

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
what exactly ?

event is running
Probably the rival. It's inclusion is causing confusion. As players expecting it as an additional series of extra hard quests.
Although it's appearing unannounced and lasts for 2-3d. This is something some don't catch on to

1) In the league shouldn't the shamrock (I think that is the name) be green?
That white shamrock is very strange.
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 14.27.43.png

2) I see the quests are the same of last year in number and content.
Does this means that we have again 57 quests even if the last milestone is for quest 56?
I don't have any issue with the number of quests or the location of the milestone. But shouldn't the bar extend beyond the last milestone if there is one more quests?

3) Rival was announced in the event kb, but the information that rival is only 48 or 72 hours long was not included.
Please include the rival tab in the quests as the event start with text that inform the player that it will start in the future (or the mini challenge is concluded after the second one).
This location should also be used to show a countdown some time before the Rival start. I think 24 hours would be a good compromise, but it can start when St. Patrick event starts

4) One of the advantages of the Tree of vitality was that its production was not linked to any chance.
But the upgraded tree has a chance of NOT giving whatever it is we are looking for. Please leave the base production not linked to a chance. If you must introduce a chance you can do it like this:
- 10 previous era goods
- 1 fp
- 1 fragment of One Up Kit (30 required)
A chance of the following production
- (50% chance) 2 fp
- (50% chance) 1 fragment of One Up Kit (30 required)

In the long run it's the same (which is statistician speak for in the short run it isn't the same).

5) All the trees (both upgraded and not upgraded) seems to have lost the fp production chance. (Reported as bug yesterday)

Kronan

Viceroy
Have a question for discussion.

There seem to be 2 dominant strategies in this event, and it requires a decision for sure. I don't see how they can co-exist, but someone can enlighten me.

Strategy 1: Obtain the main event prize via NOT concentrating on as many expensive tasks (like getting higher and higher manager levels to satisfy those tasks...) and just spending the discounted 1400 pots to get the upgrades you need (and other things). This puts you at risk of getting much from leagues, because TASKS counts drive League progress, and leagues has some nice additional things.

Strategy 2: Play and win the event prize via doing all the tasks required/city, even the expensive ones that don't seem necessary, and are costly. You therefore get LEAGUE participation AND the event prizes.

Thoughts?
Modifications?
Suggestions?
Where (what strategy) will the least diamonds be required, or no diamonds be required?
Is there an alternate strategy you like vs just these 2 basic ones?

Personally, I"ve always done Strategy 1 for all the years SPD has been in the game.