• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

.Chris

Baronet
Why though? Just the random aspect was removed, you still get 1 Fragment every day from the Level 9 Druid Hut and also get 50 Fragments after 300, 450 and 600 completed task.
Many complained, that it is unfair that by just being luck, you got it way earlier. This was the main reason to adjust it.
You could have adjusted the fragments in the Grand Prizes; make it a somewhat viable strategy; reaching 600 is nuts (not just hard) and probably not realistically doable without diamond spending

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
You could have adjusted the fragments in the Grand Prizes; make it a somewhat viable strategy; reaching 600 is nuts (not just hard) and probably not realistically doable without diamond spending
Without diamond spending is possible - the time management is the issue. That your life will need to revolve around when you need to login to the st patrick's minigame for most of 3 weeks to pull it off.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
At least with the prior version, some players could get it for free during the event. Now no one will, unless they decide to do nothing other than play the event to hit the 600 task mark.
But you still get at guaranteed. The longest you might have to wait is 150 collections of the Level 9 Druid hut. You can shorten that by playing many towns. I think this is an acceptable balancing.

Goldra

Marquis
A lot of people got the archdruid hut thanks to the fragments obtained in the celtic chest. Removing it is not balancing, its a nerf.
You are saying that if we want the building maxed, we have to spend diamonds or wait 50 or 100 days... This will be the first time that we cant get the building event full without using diamonds, at the end of the event.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Yep, in the end, no matter what you call the last level this is going back on a promise that was made to make it feasible to get a fully upgraded building from every event as long as the player used good strategy and had a very minor amount of luck. No, finishing it nearly 6 months later does NOT count; the promise was to finish a fully upgraded building *in* the event.

I'm looking forward to the Anniversary event this year, but going to completely opt out of the St. Patrick's Day event. No $$ and no diamonds will be spent in it at all and I'm not the only person in my guild doing that. Some need a chance at the Eagle Mountain, but I really feel for them doing any number of cities hoping to get that selection kit. What is sad is I actually like the mini-game in the St Patty's event (call me silly or whatever).

Last edited:

.Chris

Baronet
But you still get at guaranteed. The longest you might have to wait is 150 collections of the Level 9 Druid hut. You can shorten that by playing many towns. I think this is an acceptable balancing.
Then let's agree to disagree.

The golden Upgrade BS is a moneymaking endeavour. You got just enough backlash to add that fragment production to lvl 9.
The best tree will (most likely) be available through the Paddy's prizes -> money making.

Just stop pretending you want to make the event better - beccause at least for us players you don't. You're just trying to squeeze as much money out of the players as you possibly can.
You need to make money: fine. This game has now existed for 11 years (as you remind us by way of the anniversary event which, incidentally, has an OP building locked behind - you guessed it: a paywall). Do you want to tell us it has been operating at a loss untill now?
Then please go and insult someone elses intelligence.

P.s.: In every case I say "you" here I'm not talking about you, @Juber, in case that needed pointing out. ;)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I agree with that wholeheartedly - if the event was introduced with that in mind. However, it's been introduced as possible to get fragments in the boxes and, with a bit of luck, get the building for free during the event. And yes, it would be really rough if you weren't lucky enough.

However, since this change is so last minute and so abrupt, it feels like rather than trying to balance the event or make it more fair, a core feature that free to play players were relying on was removed, if that makes sense.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
I agree with that wholeheartedly - if the event was introduced with that in mind. However, it's been introduced as possible to get fragments in the boxes and, with a bit of luck, get the building for free during the event. And yes, it would be really rough if you weren't lucky enough.

However, since this change is so last minute and so abrupt, it feels like rather than trying to balance the event or make it more fair, a core feature that free to play players were relying on was removed, if that makes sense.
In the end the 50 fragment chance was replaced with one fragment on the level 9 building. Of course it is now worse than the final version we had here on beta, but for live it is the best decision I think. Cause we got a lot of complaints about the randomness for receiving the final level (even after the addition of 1 fragment to level 9), so one thing less players will complain about :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Cause we got a lot of complaints about the randomness for receiving the final level
So why the randomness in the incidents does not shock you.
During the forgebowl, I only won 225 balls in the incidents without missing any, while others (screenshots in support) won more than 2,000.

Basically, the imbalance of randomness only bothers you when it can reduce your revenue?

Emberguard

Emperor
Why though? Just the random aspect was removed, you still get 1 Fragment every day from the Level 9 Druid Hut and also get 50 Fragments after 300, 450 and 600 completed task.
Many complained, that it is unfair that by just being luck, you got it way earlier. This was the main reason to adjust it.
Yes, but this is worse! Sorry Juber, I know you care, but it just went from “have a chance” to “guaranteed lose”.

Most players aren’t even going to know about the change. The most viable strategy in previous years was doing 4.5 towns. Visually it looks like the exact same event, but anyone going into this on that strategy is guaranteed to not get the golden upgrade during the event. Not even halfway

Previous time St Patricks appeared we had a guaranteed appearance of 1 Druid Temple item in the chest items. That worked. It turned meh lineup into worth looking at. It wouldn’t even have to stick to 50 fragments of Archdruid. It could be 15 fragments if it were guaranteed at the end of every city and still be decent in combination with the buildings 1 fragment per day

Kronan

Viceroy
I guess the decision for Inno was this:

1) Include a luck component (ala our beta, which when lucky we did net 1->X, ARCH 50 frag kits), so those failing to get them will say "luck" did them in
2) Have the event take a more guaranteed route for players, but have the L9 building near 150 days to consummate to L10.

Tough design decision for an event basis.

I like @Emberguard idea that it doesn't have to be 50, but it has to be a fair token of something "guaranteed". That could be a win-win for everyone.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
then you just could have removed the luck

after city 2,4,6, (or other numbers : 3,6,9 or whatever) there will be the 50 golden fragments in the chests (for sure not random)

goal achieved

Ironrooster

Baronet
In the end the 50 fragment chance was replaced with one fragment on the level 9 building. Of course it is now worse than the final version we had here on beta, but for live it is the best decision I think. Cause we got a lot of complaints about the randomness for receiving the final level (even after the addition of 1 fragment to level 9), so one thing less players will complain about :)

So the "solution" to the complaints is no one gets it. If the goal is to reduce complaints, I think this change is a failure as it will do the opposite. A better solution would have been to leave the chance of fragments in the chest and add the certain fragments at specified intervals.

I was lucky enough to get 200 fragments in the chests on Beta. Now on live I have no chance to get the Archdruid upgrade on the live severs.

People have been complaining about the randomness in the game for a long time not realizing that it is an integral part of the game. Coping with the uncertainty is part of the challenge of this game.

for me the sentinel output is not available today in the game either o_O

I don't know when I get a chance to get it in the future
the same applies to the silence tree

so for both I don't know when they appear again in the future
maybe the tree will be in the next event (unlikely but not impossible)

so the sentinal outpost is no longer available too :D

yes only for you

View attachment 8856
Sentiel Outpost was available on live servers on the last event - Forge Bowl 2023 so I don't know what are you talking about...

CrashBoom

Legend
Sentiel Outpost was available on live servers on the last event - Forge Bowl 2023 so I don't know what are you talking about...
I don't know what are you talking about ?

obviously the trees weren't available before their first event o_O

but that applies to all buildings including the sentinel outpost :rolleyes:

I don't know what are you talking about ?

obviously the trees weren't available before their first event o_O

but that applies to all buildings including the sentinel outpost :rolleyes:
for now and for me it seems that tree of Silence the one that's not a drop from Druid Hut is available only in the pass, so it's behind a paywall unlike a sentiel
Maybe I'm missing something and we can get tree od Silence from the chests at the end of towns which are kinda substitute of the daily grand prizes in the other events

Astrid

Baronet
This event was a complete mess in the beta. Some got the golden upgrade, some didn't and had to wait 150 collections to get it. At least they will finish the main building this year if they collect on a daily basis. Not to mention those dumb 1x1 trees that require a road. Seriously when we have the Phantom Tower of Conjuring that doesn't even need a road I just don't care anymore about this event. I decided not to spend any diamonds or buy the premium pass, I will just try to finish the building at maximum level on all my worlds and wait for the anniversary event to dump some diamonds and maybe purchase the premium pass.

so basically where can I check whether I can get 50fragments of archdruid upgrade from the boxes after town or not as I've seen that It's been changed, was it right?