• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Emberguard

Emperor
Not sure what is the fuss about those trees, all of them require a road so it's not too practical to hoard them.
hey may require a road but it does not bother me much due to the fact that I build a certain type of city.

Most cities have spaces somewhere that either can't be filled, or would take a lot of effort to rearrange to fill it. So trees would be good for that.

'Cause sure, sometimes you may be better off with something like this:
unknown.png

Other times you won't have buildings that mesh quite so well together and be left with something more like this:
image.png

In this second example you could replace the Victory Tower with a tree.

Astrid

Baronet
Ok, makes some sense, but outpost sentinel is way better than these trees. Still, the prospect of a different but more limited(due to road required) alternative is fine I suppose.

CrashBoom

Legend
No, it gives 4% defence in attack bonus, undefeated yet by any other building... 3 FPs, hardly worth it.
wrong

the Vitality Tree gives 2+2% = 4% and 1 FP and 1 one up kit fragment
the Silence Tree 2% + 2 FP + 1 reno kit fragment

so pretending just 4% and nothing else is the best choice is nonsense

and if someone pretends something is the best then it has to be the best in all categories of a building
yes 4% is better than 2% (silence tree) but to be better in all categories it would have to give 3 FP as I said (and one fragment) :rolleyes:

actually undefeated is the vitality tree : 4% (2+2), 1 FP on just 1x1 and one fragment :D

and with so many buildings giving defense on attacking in the past those percentage aren't higher in value than attack for attackin anymore
in my main world defense for attacking even got higher than attacking for attacking

Last edited:

Finkadel

Marquis
So, Vitality tree with only 2‰ of defence is better, because it gives 1 FP, still needing road...? Hardly.

And Silence Tree, which is no longer available, right...? That puts it out of competition in my book, but hey, you may dream...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok, makes some sense, but outpost sentinel is way better than these trees. Still, the prospect of a different but more limited(due to road required) alternative is fine I suppose.
For defense alone, sentinel remains king yes. You may still want some if that's a focal point (and that's fair). And it actually "takes less space" because of no road need.

But generally 2% attack is worth a lot more than 2% defense in terms of the amount of space you'll have to dedicate to get it. i.e. a SAJM winner's plaza Level 2 is the reigning champ if that's *all* you cared about. at 15% attack in 10.5 squares = 1.43% / square. Tree of Vitality (at 1.5 squares to account for the road in worst-case scenario where you have a "tree district") is 1.33% / square. And 1.33% / square defense. and 0.67 FP / square.

You *will* find it impossible to outperform all those stats with individual components for each of them in the same amount of space you use on trees. About the only way you can is if you value *only* one of those stats (and probably discard the FP) - and then you'd go to a sentinel outpost or winner's plaza. But under the assumption you want some of each you would be better off with "trees for attack, and then sentinels for any extra defense you want" as compared to winners for attack and sentinels for defense.

i.e. 2 winners vs 15 trees = 30% attack / 21 ; 30% Attack & 30% Defense / 22.5 ; you got 7.5 sentinel outpost worth of defense for 1.5 squares more space. And FP!

Vic.Vicious

Marquis
I think we will all see things differently based on our city build. In beta, I rather have the Tree of V because I'm really trying to keep my attack stats balanced. With the nutcracker having more attack defense than attack, I can skip out on adding more sentinel towers because I will need to catch up on attack more than attack defense. What is best will differ from person to person and that's why we have free will and the opportunity to make a choice.

GateKeeper

Baronet
I must be missing something.... I got a Tree of Silence frags today as the reward but according to the Daily Log update.

We have done some balancing changes to the St. Patrick's day Event and buildings. More information on the Event will follow soon.
  • Druid Huts random Fragment production has been changed from (40% Tree of Silence, 40% Tree of Patience, 20% Tree of Vitality) to (70% Tree of Patience, 30% Tree of Vitality).
  • So if Silence was removed according to the direct above message, how did I get that reward today? Than below it goes into the Tree of Silence re-balance.... so @Juber , is this a rotation of 70/30 of the 3 trees?
  • Tree of Silence production and boost have been changed from (25% 2 Forge Points, 75% 1 Self Aid Kit, 1-3 Attack for Defending Army) to (50% 4 Forge Points, 50% 2 Fragments for Renovation Kit, 2-4% Attack for Defending Army, 1-2% Attack for Attacking Army).
Hopefully I just missed something obvious?

CrashBoom

Legend
Imo the trees are close to worthless if not a negative "building" cause they take motivation from other buildings
yes but in maybe 2 years the players have enough (=15) nutcracker houses and get one mass self aid kit (30 fragments) every day and then don't need motiviations from other players anymore

Finkadel

Marquis
wrong

it wasn't removed from the game

so it is still in the game :rolleyes:

and I have 4 in my beta city
"No longer available" - which word of these you fing challenging to comprehend...? I have none and no chance anymore to get any, so yeah, for me it is out of competition.

Kronan

Viceroy
Imo the trees are close to worthless if not a negative "building" cause they take motivation from other buildings

Hence the value of "doing it yourself" with a deliverable (via fragments) called a MASS SELF-AID kit, which are being generated DAILY by the NG (Nutcraker Guardhouse) - if you have them.

I think you can get ahead of your city's requirements curve to build up a nice quantity of these and use them to smooth out the rough edges on what may not get directly motivated. It's a great safety net that yes, takes time to build up to usable power strategy, but can give you the motivates you're missing.

Finkadel

Marquis
But generally 2% attack is worth a lot more than 2% defense in terms of the amount of space you'll have to dedicate to get it.
Ummm. I would argue, because after all those years I still am "fighting" to get 2:1 amount of attack/defense ratio down. Defense is definitely rarer good and as such worth more than attack. But, perhaps, just for me, a non-paying player as such...?

CrashBoom

Legend
"No longer available" - which word of these you fing challenging to comprehend...? I have none and no chance anymore to get any, so yeah, for me it is out of competition.
for me the sentinel output is not available today in the game either o_O

I don't know when I get a chance to get it in the future
the same applies to the silence tree

so for both I don't know when they appear again in the future
maybe the tree will be in the next event (unlikely but not impossible)

so the sentinal outpost is no longer available too :D

Defense is definitely rarer good and as such worth more than attack. But, perhaps, just for me, a non-paying player as such...?
yes only for you

boost.jpg

Last edited:

Finkadel

Marquis

So every other event there is sentinel outpost or even lately introduced kit to it... So it's like 12 times - at least, for now, because that looks like to be 100% even - more available to a non-paying player than tree of silence...

Yeah, that surely looks like even odds, right... /s

Finkadel

Marquis

yes only for you

View attachment 8856
Antiques dealer, I forgot, he carries sentinel out post too...

So I match your defense, it's not hard. Only my attack is 2000, that would be the difference. Shame on me, I guess... /s