• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Will it be so that you also get a chest after each finished city with fragments for gold lvl?
No, you only have a chance to get 50 Fragments for the Archdruid Hut Upgrade Kit in these chests. It is not guaranteed.

rontom

Merchant
I hit the frags on the 8th city and again on the 10th. i've just reached 300 tasks so thats all the frags i need. Now i'll just run lvl 1 managers until the end just for another shot or two at the chests, i def havent enjoyed this event, as my efforts have been entirely dependent on luck

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
No, you only have a chance to get 50 Fragments for the Archdruid Hut Upgrade Kit in these chests. It is not guaranteed.
could you share the odds? It appears to be low on the one hand but high on the other. Some players including myself have not encountered it, while some have encountered them consistently. It's very vague at the moment.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Undoubtedly it's a randomly-random random number generation that is random for each player at each event milestone. ;)

With the addition of a way to complete level 10 in time I'm concerned that I might not have to boycott the event. I know, I know - everyone was so worried. ;) At the same time I don't like the idea of yet more fragments - unless of course this can be converted in inventory and sold at the AD.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
To be honest, I don't understood what you want to achieve with this move. Unless this is a sight for the future, when the Druid hut will be sold in every AD for cheap, and there will be nowhere to take the gold level, and for losers who are catastrophically unlucky to get a level in the event.

You have already filled up the whole game with fragments, fragments of fragments and fragments of fragments of fragments. Please stop. You could sell the gold level on sale for diamonds from time to time. It would be more correct. The one who needs it will buy it. The rest will not accumulate additional trash in the inventory with each collection.

And adjust the issue of golden frags in the event so that players can get a complete building with due diligence right now, and not after six months of daily collektion
I'm with Owl on this.... after digesting the changes, none of the changes makes a player do anything differently gameplay wise. In both scenarios, current and previous, you must do the Fast Method to have any "reasonable" chance to get lvl 10. Which is fine, but stating a fact. The Slow Method might not have ever been intended, doesn't matter...

The golden piece is now 10x more, and so you raise the 5 frag kit reward 10 times to 50 frags, so that washes out. you still need to find it 3 times which leads us back to random luck is still in place.

Now the only reason for the 10x increases to kit itself and 5-frags was they added the 1 frag per to the spec bldg.
So some players will wait 150 days to get lvl 10.

Yes its better than what was, but its only slightly better. You are giving the "lucky" players a 100% jump for 150 days of Tree collections, that is HUGE difference, not too sure we have ever seen that gap like that before.

I get that the argument will be "yea but what if you found 2 of the 50-frags and now your down to 50 days", yea ok, but again thats more "luck" involved. Since we aren't getting the % chance of the 50-frags being a prize in the 6 chests, that gets me wondering....why not? In other events we know exactly the % chance of a prize..like in Forge Bowl and Soccer , you give us a % of each player and the prize... So what is being hid here?

Now on the other side of the coin, the Trees still have roads required, so the 1x1 trees w roads required just isnt going to be as valuable as they should be for such the time effort to earn just 1 Tree of Vitality.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm with Owl on this.... after digesting the changes, none of the changes makes a player do anything differently gameplay wise. In both scenarios, current and previous, you must do the Fast Method to have any "reasonable" chance to get lvl 10. Which is fine, but stating a fact. The Slow Method might not have ever been intended, doesn't matter...
The slow method is fine once more. It's just up to an extra 150 day wait to get the final level if you get no fragments ; and you have a chance to cut off 50 days of that with each set of chests you see.

The fast method is "better" in that it'll likely cut more of that 150 day wait off. But that seems fair because it's a lot more work and the end-point is the same.

I'm fine with the changes if this philosophically is where "last levels" will exist going forward (unlocks its final form within half a year on its own ; various opportunities to unlock it faster if you target them in the event). But I remain concerned of a slippery slope.

---

Notably, for someone who winds up having to "incubate" the full building in their city though, they have to *really* want it to give up a space for a worse event building so that eventually it'll be a better one. I don't know if it'll dissuade many to do this but it could do so for me for certain buildings.

GateKeeper

Baronet
The slow method is fine once more. It's just up to an extra 150 day wait to get the final level if you get no fragments ; and you have a chance to cut off 50 days of that with each set of chests you see.

The fast method is "better" in that it'll likely cut more of that 150 day wait off. But that seems fair because it's a lot more work and the end-point is the same.

I'm fine with the changes if this philosophically is where "last levels" will exist going forward (unlocks its final form within half a year on its own ; various opportunities to unlock it faster if you target them in the event). But I remain concerned of a slippery slope.

---

Notably, for someone who winds up having to "incubate" the full building in their city though, they have to *really* want it to give up a space for a worse event building so that eventually it'll be a better one. I don't know if it'll dissuade many to do this but it could do so for me for certain buildings.
I did the slow method, Got the Lvl 9 a few days ago, its very easy to get the lvl 9 no argument there. So yes one thing I missed was that in the slow method, I'm starting to get the 1 frag tonight, I was lucky with 1 5-frag reward before the update. (which inno adjusted to 50), so starting tonight I'm 99 frags to go.

Currently im about to finish 7th town tomorrow... I'm finding it very hard to switch to fast method after doing the slow method though, its hard to make up all those goldpots I spent on the buy it all chest option. Thats 4200 gold pots spent in slow method that would have went to managers in fast methods.

I'd still like to know the % chances of the 50-frag drop rate in the 6 boxes, and/or does the drop rate stay the same or increase after the initial 6 chest purchase. Like I said, that's nothing that hasn't been shown to us in previous events.

I thought I saw a post many pages ago, where someone was going for 18 or 19 towns completed, I wonder how that is going for them?

Since we aren't getting the % chance of the 50-frags being a prize in the 6 chests, that gets me wondering....why not? In other events we know exactly the % chance of a prize..like in Forge Bowl and Soccer , you give us a % of each player and the prize... So what is being hid here?

At the risk of answering a rhetorical question, what's being hidden is an RNG % chance that is so abysmally low that it would discourage many players into not even bothering with the event at all. So, Inno keeps it secret.

Basharael

Farmer
I really like the St. Patricks Event, yes I am one of those players. But the Event building from this year isn’t worth it. FPs and At are fine, but the provided fragments are useless for me. Tree of Silence and Tree of Patience, which provide boosts for the defending Army, will be sold by the Antiques Dealer, Tree of Vitality might be interesting, but it will take three months to get only one, and this one needs a road. I do not have to comment players reaction to even more fragments.

Offering a lvl 10 Kit just for money, is - as already mentioned - the approaching transition to pay2win. Adding fragments for the Archdruid kit to lvl 9 softens that approach, but a somewhat bad feeling remains.

BeeVee

Squire
As far as I know, it is the first time that a higher level building produces 1 item less than a lower level building.
A lv9 Druid hut produces 1 fragment of the Archdruid hut upgrade kit. The Archdruid hut misses this production.
I would suggest that the Archdruid hut produces 1 fragment of the Druid hut selection kit, to compensate for this missing production.
One would need 9 x 150 fragments to get a second lv9 Druid hut... over 3 years without BG effect.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I thought I saw a post many pages ago, where someone was going for 18 or 19 towns completed, I wonder how that is going for them?
I'm not sure anyone said they were definitely trying it on beta to that extreme. I talked about it as a strategy - and it might still be one I try on live (with mind to spending some diamonds and getting 2 druid huts on the world where I do so).

But I bailed out on beta way earlier than that. I was testing speed runs (that the times in my simulator spreadsheet matched the times in-game closely enough, and some details on task ordering that could change the times significantly), but I had no intent to do the maximum on beta :p

I did get pretty lucky on fragments and finished the level 10 hut before the update after 8 cities and 225 tasks. The first two sets of 5 fragments I bought on the cheap by buying 1 chest at a time until I got them - at which point I had intended to go to 300 tasks to get the last since I was lucky. The last 5 fragments I bought the full chest set for an upgrade as well to get done sooner. And after finishing up the tasks needed to get my last upgrade, the minigame has not moved since :p

Retired Guy

Marquis
I thought I've seen the thruputs for Festival, and Shipyard manager ? Reason I'm asking,.. Is there any advantage to going past 300, even by a little in terms of time?

Sinitar

Regent
At the risk of answering a rhetorical question, what's being hidden is an RNG % chance that is so abysmally low that it would discourage many players into not even bothering with the event at all. So, Inno keeps it secret.
I just told in the past about it
For me the chance to gain it is 10% or lower

Kronan

Viceroy
I thought I've seen the thruputs for Festival, and Shipyard manager ? Reason I'm asking,.. Is there any advantage to going past 300, even by a little in terms of time?

Practically No. ... reset and restart the next city. If you want to have some math fun, it's LOTS of fun to push the engine's buttons in all the places you can - but practically? No.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
No. An additional level just costs too much at that point. (and at level 300, level 301 is only 0.3% additional production).

As an example from one of my sims (festival manager 3, shipyard 4, fireworks 2), Level 301 festival at 300/300/50 would cost ~13 minutes of production. And cut off a bit over 1 minute from the wait for 8.4Q itself. So you lose a bit less than 12 minutes adding it.

About the only justification for going a bit further might be if you were doing some of those wacky last tasks that cost *way* more than the 8.4Q to move on.

Isn't there some kind of law in some countries that in a gatcha/rng game with real life currency exchange, the % have to be posted? You can even report apps that don't mention microtransactions on their page or something to google play/apple store.

A vauge memory from a few years back, of course you can spin it however you want because I know apps that don't do it and are still up.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Isn't there some kind of law in some countries that in a gatcha/rng game with real life currency exchange, the % have to be posted? You can even report apps that don't mention microtransactions on their page or something to google play/apple store.

A vauge memory from a few years back, of course you can spin it however you want because I know apps that don't do it and are still up.
The problem is that usually those laws only apply to lootbox scenarios. Many app stores require odds to be disclosed, but the problem is that you aren't opening a lootbox. If it was, open this box and you can get one of these three items, and you don't know which one you'll get, then yes, it's a lootbox. But how it's currently implemented, you know the list of rewards you will for sure receive if you open the boxes.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The problem is that usually those laws only apply to lootbox scenarios. Many app stores require odds to be disclosed, but the problem is that you aren't opening a lootbox. If it was, open this box and you can get one of these three items, and you don't know which one you'll get, then yes, it's a lootbox. But how it's currently implemented, you know the list of rewards you will for sure receive if you open the boxes.
You could make a case that at the point when you may spend $ for pots of gold to play the minigame more, that the entire minigame is a lootbox and therefore the odds of said minigame, including what's in the chests between cities, ought to be disclosed.