• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

GateKeeper

Baronet
Someone correct if I'm wrong:

Nutcracker 2x2 need road, 3 FPs, 5%AB, 7%DB
Tree of Vitality 1x1 need road, 1FP, 2%AB, 2%DB

4 Vitality is 4FPs, 8%AB, 8%DB that beats Nutcracker by 1fp, 3%AB, 1%DB
However, Vitality DOES require a road, so that 3 more Roads vs 1 Nutcracker road, and thats 3 additional motivations needed.

Looks like a draw, which is more than fine of course...just saying!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Someone correct if I'm wrong:

Nutcracker 2x2 need road, 3 FPs, 5%AB, 7%DB
Tree of Vitality 1x1 need road, 1FP, 2%AB, 2%DB

4 Vitality is 4FPs, 8%AB, 8%DB that beats Nutcracker by 1fp, 3%AB, 1%DB
However, Vitality DOES require a road, so that 3 more Roads vs 1 Nutcracker road, and thats 3 additional motivations needed.

Looks like a draw, which is more than fine of course...just saying!

the impact of "Need Road" depends on the building - the longer the long side is, the less impact "need road" has (assuming the road is along the short side).

A 2x2 that needs road effectively takes 5 squares usually (2 squares of road that presumably also have another building on the other side, so 1 square of road budgeted to the attached building).

A 1x1 that needs road effectively takes 1.5 squares.

Once you have 15 nutcrackers, you can mass self-aid daily (and make a mass self-aid back from the nutcrackers) so number of motivations will no longer be an issue. Tree of Vitality is ahead in that situation in all but defense.

Nutcracker: 0.6 FP / square, 1% attack / square, 1.4% defense / square
Vitality: 0.67 FP / square, 1.33% attack / square, 1.33% defense / square

EDIT, well hmmm about the spec bldg, I think I read that last line wrong in the event announcement, there isn't a free option to get that last level?

"For a little extra boost, you can take the building to level 10 by using the Golden Druid Hut Upgrade Kit. You can receive the Kit from St. Patrick's Event Prizes – an extra line of rewards, available for a one-time investment in the game and as fragments later on in the Grand Prizes!"

It says "...in the game AND as fragments later on in the grand prizes." ok all good.

Based on Juber's comment, I would guess that any free option will require diamonds to reach it. (message # 12)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I think I said it 2 or 3 years ago, when there were problems to get the forge bowl building to max level without diamonds.

I do not mind the highest level being gated as long as the max free level has decent values and as long as the bonus given for the last level is not over the top.

In recent times the growth of the event buildings has been exponential with their level. The 5th level often only has minor improvements on the first level, while the final level often is about double the penultimate one. The scaling worked way better in past times.

So I would be fine with lvl 10, if it only doubled the tree fragments, and maybe got one or two additional FP or so - the other stats of the lvl 10 should be the lvl 9 stats.

Another middle ground would be to allow players to get one max building for free (give the golden kit as final quest reward or final milestone for example) and only gate additional max buildings by placing further golden kits in the event pass.

Last edited:
The third event in a row in which there is no additional population?
This isn't nice for players who are just starting out and need space.

Havik79

Baronet
Hay I was right I said the trees would probably act like the summer guard posts and they do, but damn P2W is not cool.

XIA*

Marquis
I also agree that self-aid kit fragments is.... bro, seriously? :) I have hundreds on stock already, never had to use them in the last 2 years I play. And they don't even yield much at the trader. Junk. Why fill an event prize building with junk? I'm fine with lvl 10 being an Extra, but only if it is for diamonds. Direct cash? No way I'd pay for that. The trees requiring road is also kind of silly. Not worth putting down if I have to put it next to a road. That will increase road inefficiency and we are already SO LOW on available space, with too many event buildings coming. Either rethink event distribution and do lsess events a year or take into consideration that people will eventually stop playing these events if the prizes are impossible to fit in their cities.

XIA*

Marquis
Question from the audience: where is the population? No, I have plenty of it. But the third event in a row does not please beginners. Can coin boosters be replaced with residents?
THIS! I have a new city in one world and I really struggle to get population even with a level 10 babel now.

Emberguard

Emperor
So I would be fine with lvl 10, if it only doubled the tree fragments, and maybe got one or two additional FP or so - the other stats of the lvl 10 should be the lvl 9 stats.

Another middle ground would be to allow players to get one max building for free (give the golden kit as final quest reward or final milestone for example) and only gate additional max buildings by placing further golden kits in the event pass.
Either of those options sounds much better than what the initial announcement proposes.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Tree of Silence (app. 6 annually)
0,5 fp/day (= 2fp * 0,25)
0,75 self aid (= 1 * 0,75)

Tree of patience (app. 6 annually)
0,75 fp/day (= 1fp * 0,75)
0,25 self aid (= 1 * 0,25)

Tree of vitality (app. 3 annually)
1 fp/day
1 1up frag/day

Total: 11 tree/year or on average <1 tree monthly. Estimates with a moderate estimated 300 annually collections. Taking into account missed collections. Imho not bad at all.
Annually F2P: 11 trees/year
Annually 1-time €15(?) - 22 trees/year

I think this event pass offers the best 1-time deal ever. Giving it for diamonds is practically giving it for free. Unless we’re talking about 100k diamonds and the diamonds for cash been buffed by 5x. Since it’s not that hard to obtain 5-10k diamonds monthly from various diamond farms. That would bring the balance to the same lvl as another F2P game with similar amounts of free premiums monthly 5-10k too but grand event premiums costing 100k, with a chance on discounts up to 70%. Pricing it with discount at €20-30.
That been said, €15-18 browser-app for double frag. are one of the best value event passes up to this point. Much better then winter event that needed additional buildings (app. €50-65browser €60-78app). Even if they’ll drop all the specs of lvl10 to lvl9 except the 10 daily frag. Then it’s still a very good value for the money.

-Alin-

Emperor
600 minigame quests needed in order to get the 3x 5 fragments kits to assemble the golden kit, damn ...
1672914780861.png

20 cities with 30 quests, is that possible?

kawada

Marquis
I am confused which avatars are premium and which are not.

Autumn seems to be premium then and Pathfinder is not?

1672914845853.png

1672914870709.png