• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St. Patrick's Day Event 2023

Here's an idea: add fragments of level 10 upgrade kit to the level 9 building. That way everyone will get it eventually.
This seems a really solid compromise - I'm sure inno are doing this because they want more people to buy and that's fine, but unlike other incentives before, this changes it from "pay to get bonuses e.g. more goes", to "pay to get the game i.e. a full set". I think Mooing's suggestion keeps in the previous spirit of paying while still encouraging more people to pay.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
OMG that tree of vitality... If that stays the way its at in stats, it's a new standard.

But I'll pile on that "an exclusive extra level" is way too far compared to just being able to get extra copies of the building. The way F2P players stay competitive is by taking advantage of the limitation of city space that eventually they'll fill with a variety of buildings - just like the people who pay will run out of space to put the stuff they buy. If the paying players are not only getting more of THE building they want (while F2P merely settle for a variety of buildings that are "good enough for now"), but also exclusive levels so the building is better for them than regular folk, then there's no catching up - ever.

While spending diamonds to get extra grand prizes to gain the exclusive level may be an acceptable route out for diamond farmers - there's a lot of non-diamond-farming F2P players who will miss out if the diamond price is too high.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Recalling the St Pat's event though, I guess I need to see where the fragments are in the Grand Prizes - the lazy-low-grand-prize-buy-the-chests route will probably not get the fragments, but maybe the high intensity run-per-day route can without diamonds? I so don't want to do that, but if it works I guess I can't say it's impossible.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
We'll have to see tomorrow, but I really hope the fragments don't replace the regular upgrade kit after X grand prizes, I don't want another 2022 Archaeology situation where grand prizes were split between house and gardens (regular vs ultimate kit). It could also lead to a situation where in order to get the ultimate kit you need to do a lot of towns, but because you do a lot of towns you don't have enough pots to buy all the chests you need to get all the regular upgrades you need. If that's the case you're also removing that strat for people going for specific after town chests - unless they want to ignore the main building.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
We'll have to see tomorrow, but I really hope the fragments don't replace the regular upgrade kit after X grand prizes, I don't want another 2022 Archaeology situation where grand prizes were split between house and gardens (regular vs ultimate kit). It could also lead to a situation where in order to get the ultimate kit you need to do a lot of towns, but because you do a lot of towns you don't have enough pots to buy all the chests you need to get all the regular upgrades you need. If that's the case you're also removing that strat for people going for specific after town chests - unless they want to ignore the main building.
I think 12 "parts" was the theoretical point that a town-speed-runner could reach in years past. So that's enough extra room that if it doesn't take too many extra grand prizes, the replacement would technically work... But yea, it'd definitely mess with things for people going for multiple if their building parts and final upgrade parts don't align in the right numbers because a certain number of them are supposed to come from chests.

-Emperor-

Farmer
This time Inno has surpassed itself, now you have to pay for the construction of the event, I definitely won't do it, because this nonsense is not worth a cent... I guess what changes they will make to GbG after nerf, now the entrance there will be paid and each fight will cost $... :rolleyes:

Astrid

Baronet
I would glady spend diamonds/pay money for cosmetics, as old portrairs, portraits of province owners, events quests givers portraits, the option of change the design of the terrain arround cities, or the season of the year it represents by adding a new tab when you open your townhall and select any already unlocked design, or custom desgins for certain GBuildings or for the town hall, damn! Even futuristic designs for event buildings! I am tired about not have futuristic designs for event buildings!
That's a different thing, I would spend extra diamonds for certain avatars, for example some that you encounter on the continent map province owners. But when you offer a grand prize for an event, everyone should be able to get it for free as long as they complete the event.

But I only want 1 out of 3 trees. Would be great though since regular trees are god awful (gives nothing if aided) even though they're one of the best looking decos in the game.

Just put little fragment in level 9. Pay big bucks and you can get level 10 building or a second building.

The tree isn't as good as a level 2 sen outpost though.

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
but isn't 1 FP and 2% boost (attack and defense in SAJM) on 1x1 without road overpowered (tree of vitality) ?

let's compare that with the nutcracker house + 1 road (5 squares)
nutcracker: 5/7% attack, 3 FP (SAJM)
5 vitality trees (needs the same space): 10/10 attack, 5 FP
With a 1 in 5 chance of getting its ten fragments over a year you will see approximately 3.65 vitality trees per event building per year (if Inno keeps the 200 frags to build). Just 6-7 of each A/D.

Overpowered is not the word I would use... Pathetic fits better. It does help the newest players BUT few of those will be able to finish level 10. This may be the first event I tell my players on live before the event starts on Beta to avoid at all costs.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
With a 1 in 5 chance of getting its ten fragments over a year you will see approximately 3.65 vitality trees per event building per year (if Inno keeps the 200 frags to build). Just 6-7 of each A/D.

Overpowered is not the word I would use... Pathetic fits better. It does help the newest players BUT few of those will be able to finish level 10. This may be the first event I tell my players on live before the event starts on Beta to avoid at all costs.
It says (100) over each tree - so i assume it's 100 fragments for these. So about 7 trees a year per main building; or close to 12 if you deem this building worthy of a BG charge - but they are crazy-efficient. Unrealistic to fill your city with them in the short-term, yes. But enough to want the building (which itself is very good - ignoring the fragments it produces it's on par with the likes of eagle mountain and heroes tavern)

And for newer players at least the other two trees are worth building too (they all give 0.5+ FP in a 1x1)

Yekk

Regent
It says (100) over each tree - so i assume it's 100 fragments for these. So about 7 trees a year per main building; or close to 12 if you deem this building worthy of a BG charge - but they are crazy-efficient. Unrealistic to fill your city with them in the short-term, yes. But enough to want the building (which itself is very good - ignoring the fragments it produces it's on par with the likes of eagle mountain and heroes tavern)

And for newer players at least the other two trees are worth building too (they all give 0.5+ FP in a 1x1)
The only part of the other trees of worth is the FP which is negated by the second stat of city defense A/D. New players find out early nothing stops an attack on your city. GT reduces the plunder but city defense can not stop a manual attack. The fact the frags can not be put in the AH is a take away also... Needing roads for "trees"... another takeaway.

Kronan

Viceroy
Tree of Life will be build the most, if not exclusively, because it does everything the other two trees does, but better - so why even bother to make it a three-way 'choice' when in reality it actually isn't. again.

Tree of Life? Did I miss a listed tree not included in the 3 mentioned, below?

Tree of Silence (100) 1x1Tree of Patience (100) 1x1Tree of Vitality (100) 1x1

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The only part of the other trees of worth is the FP which is negated by the second stat of city defense A/D. New players find out early nothing stops an attack on your city. GT reduces the plunder but city defense can not stop a manual attack. The fact the frags can not be put in the AH is a take away also... Needing roads for "trees"... another takeaway.
It's not "negated". You don't lose the FP production just because it has a stat you don't give a crap about. But no, they're not a huge deal like the Vitality one is.

As for road, that is a significant downside yes. One that's actually kinda needed for balance's sake on the Vitality one :p The difference between it being a quite-focused 357%+ Efficiency Building vs 238%+ (it'll come in a tiny bit higher when I have a number for the coins it makes) (Eagle Reserve I have at 212% for the current "best all-round", factoring in road, and it's not as focused - some of its points coming from goods).

The other two trees are for-new-cities-only buildings. Not best-in-slot at anything, and probably not going to be built in many advanced cities. The probabilities allow new cities to gain large bunches of trees, while not letting advanced cities accumulate the 1 tree they want too fast.

While fragments may not be sellable, these aren't one-time things, so if you don't want the other two trees you should be able to merge and then sell them regularly so that's hardly a problem.

Yekk

Regent
It's not "negated". You don't lose the FP production just because it has a stat you don't give a crap about. But no, they're not a huge deal like the Vitality one is.

As for road, that is a significant downside yes. One that's actually kinda needed for balance's sake on the Vitality one :p The difference between it being a quite-focused 357%+ Efficiency Building vs 238%+ (it'll come in a tiny bit higher when I have a number for the coins it makes) (Eagle Reserve I have at 212% for the current "best all-round", factoring in road, and it's not as focused - some of its points coming from goods).

The other two trees are for-new-cities-only buildings. Not best-in-slot at anything, and probably not going to be built in many advanced cities. The probabilities allow new cities to gain large bunches of trees, while not letting advanced cities accumulate the 1 tree they want too fast.

While fragments may not be sellable, these aren't one-time things, so if you don't want the other two trees you should be able to merge and then sell them regularly so that's hardly a problem.
A bad stat negates the personal value of an item. Yes the FP is there but it is an insult to have the "bad" tree in a city for many players. It maybe seen by others that you think having city defense is a plus... 4 days of every 5 the event building gives JUNK which can not be sold in the AH for the majority of players. On the other hand this event is extremely time intensive and the Event prize aims to those that do not do Time intensive. Another take away.

GateKeeper

Baronet
ah I see.. they want money for the "additional" spec bldg level..... well just go the free route like it says , yea sure it will take a while to earn, but for the "slight" difference in stats it can wait to go the free route..... lol "slight" .... sorry had to be said... I want to see @MooingCat get all catnipped up again ;) .

now down to the gem of this event... like @CrashBoom , said in way, The Tree of Vitality!!! give me give me give me. At first I thought "road required you &@^!#" ... but its pretty dang awesome so don't you(inno) touch a thing on that Tree. But I must be missing some additional bonus feature on the other two Trees, if not why are there even 2 other Trees?!

EDIT, well hmmm about the spec bldg, I think I read that last line wrong in the event announcement, there isn't a free option to get that last level?

"For a little extra boost, you can take the building to level 10 by using the Golden Druid Hut Upgrade Kit. You can receive the Kit from St. Patrick's Event Prizes – an extra line of rewards, available for a one-time investment in the game and as fragments later on in the Grand Prizes!"

It says "...in the game AND as fragments later on in the grand prizes." ok all good.

Last edited: