• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

Emberguard

Emperor
I wish this forum had a facepalm button, like serious, space, goods, FP, to have the GB, and you literally get free stuff for doing nothing, and people still whing, like for real, yeah maybe it is costly, but it is giving you stuff for simply clicking on a cultural settlement, that is it.
If it's costly, then it's not free stuff.

Great Buildings get built to be superior to other buildings. If it's not better then what you'd otherwise be able to put down by the time you reach that age then its value is limited to previous ages while having a higher cost involved. The Temple of Relics as a No Age building costs Iron Age goods and High Middle Age costs, this is a Space Age Venus Great Building. If it's not better then a Iron Age / High Middle Age equivalent then it better still be worth the increased cost

I see the only way out here.
1) Increase shard rewards AND 2) Shards spawn in colonies, not culture settlements.
For me, it is stupid to have an active settlement all the time. These shards might as well appear in the city.
But I think the shards should be showing up in the colonies. Then you give an extra reason to go through the ages.
Then you can easily increase the rewards because it will be for players with eras from Mars and above
What if it spawned in Colonies and Cultural Settlements? Both on 4 hr timers, both independently having a chance to spawn a shard. Then it could have some prizes in both that are unique to both (EG: Timed rewards fragments in Settlements, Special Goods in Colonies)

This would increase its value to those in the Space Ages while still being usable in some way to those in lower ages (I suspect that's why it's settlements and not colonies: so it's usable if you're not in Venus)

I wish this forum had a facepalm button, like serious, space, goods, FP, to have the GB, and you literally get free stuff for doing nothing, and people still whing, like for real, yeah maybe it is costly, but it is giving you stuff for simply clicking on a cultural settlement, that is it.

Let me summarize this GB for you:
It literally gives you less goods, fp and troops than a governor's villa at level 19, and at level 70 still gives you less goods and troops, but only 8fp more.
It takes more space and will cost you 80k fp to build to level 70
The governor's villa gives you an attack boost that for many people will make up for those missing 8fp
You don't have to hunt for your governor's villa rewards, nor hope that it pays out each day
Governor's villa isn't really considered that great of an event building either

Last edited:

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
The fix is easy, with a caveat though, and its this: Have the shards spawn in outposts. That way it's useless to lower age players and it can have some age appropriate rewards.

As for the caveat, it is this: What will happen to our last outpost once the space ages are done?
If it remains; then it's fine and a reason to visit it daily. If it disappears then ofc this GB would become utterly useless.

tunix

Merchant
Perk Creator
After the last fight/negotiation on the first SAV the game jumps to the second SAV map. And you have to go back to the first map to restart the mining. I find that annoying. Is this a bug?

aquila scutum

Merchant
My thoughts regarding differences between TOR and FI.
Temple of relic (6x6) vs Flying island (4x6):
1. You build TOR if you do expedition. You build FI if you do cultural settlements.
2. FI is smaller building but it cost SAV goods and more fp to lvl up.
3. TOR does not give you any advantages in expedition and FI also does not affect cultural settlement.
4. The chance of receiving rewards is slightly higher for TOR, but only if you complete fully expedition. With this higher chances people are encourage to finish expedition.
5. The rewards from TOR gives more stuffs that are useful for Antique Dealer.
6. No diamonds from TOR, no diamonds from FI. FOE personal needs salaries.

I am totally ok with new GB, the only thing I will add are some artefacts rewards from FI that can be sold only to antique dealer.

Last edited:

derdelyi beta

Merchant
One comparison is space (including non-GBs), another is whether or not there's a better place to spend ~40k FP.

Seems unlikely that any sort of cost-benefit analysis would justify it on either grounds for any play style. The best reason to build it right now is that it looks pretty—an oft-undervalued reason, I admit!

OK, but then to be fair, please compare leveling up this new GB from 0-60 to leveling further another GB from 60+.
Many advanced players already have all the best GBs on 60+ (or even on 80+ level). A new GB is not designed for new players. New players will spent anyway 2+ years to level up the currently best GBs to 60+ level. On the other hand if I would spent 40k FP as an advanced player, then it's certainly better to build a level 60 FI than leveling further my level 80 Cape for example...

A new GB is not necessary to be better than all previous GBs. I think it's enough if it's fair for a advanced player.

Mitos

Squire
new players will not have fps to get this gb to good level
even if they get goods for cheap price
and, so far, it is looks like they will not want to buy those goods and build it - only high era players that have space and do not have to do something more usefull

aquila scutum

Merchant
Pls change colony, the age will be a clone of other ages. Two ages with ports (arctic and oceanic), two ages with colonies (mars and asteroids) are enough. We need something different.

So insteed of colony I suggest to have only an upgradable probe that we send it in clouds and prelevate SAV goods. You can send the probe every 8 hours, day or 2 days. Much more simple and efficient. And of course less clicks in game for us.

Amaroke

Farmer
1615371369882.png

FI : ~9/week
Temple : ~10/week (64).

1615371375571.png

FI : ~18/week
Temple : ~21/week(64).

Compared to their size, it is honorable! But I still don't have the official info for the Mysterious Shards! :p

it's a horror that gb, but a solution I suggest here, create a new gbs rating system called '' All Space Ages''. because it is horrendous to know that an era with such a beautiful design and the icing on the cake of an era is gb and was poorly planned, better to create a category only for gbs of the space age and create another gb to cap the error of that gb. GUUUYS IS ONE YEAR, it's one year until the arrival of SAJM,