• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age Venus (SAV)

m.s.b.

Farmer
Why not make FI good for people doing cultural settlements?
  • cultural goods/currency from daily town hall collect in settlement
  • fixed additional fragments (+1 to +15, say) of timed buildings at completion
  • town hall/emissary rewards 2x to 5x at collection (thus turning town hall into a customizable mini-FP generator and mini-alcatraz)
I always feel like a huge chump giving Inno suggestions at this level since it seems like there's zero percent uptake or even interest in engaging.

But I mean... come on. You guys have a complex system to which you could add interesting multipliers, but instead you're just adding fairly uninspired "new" things in a pile. It's a beautiful building that you put a lot of work into designing. What would delight the players is if the building mechanics themselves were a delight.

Very bored but begging to be delighted! What can we do to help you delight us?

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I really don't understand what people are whining about too. Yeah maybe its costly, but it will give you lots of stuff. You can either take this stuff yourself, or sell it to antiquous dealer for more suitable buildings. On top of that we don't know the chances yet. Maybe the Fp-Rewards are higher/lower. And last : It doesn't matter what its cost, but what you get per square out of it. Many people nowadays level der castle himeji or space carrier to lvl 91 to get more efficiency. So don't mind high cost on a good building that gives you lots of stuff.
That's the thing though, it doesn't give much worth selling. You can sell the kits, but they don't sell too well, so are better to keep and use imo. They replaced the stuff you can sell from the ToR with rewards that most people in SAV won't care about.

I really don't understand what people are whining about too. Yeah maybe its costly, but it will give you lots of stuff. You can either take this stuff yourself, or sell it to antiquous dealer for more suitable buildings. On top of that we don't know the chances yet. Maybe the Fp-Rewards are higher/lower. And last : It doesn't matter what its cost, but what you get per square out of it. Many people nowadays level der castle himeji or space carrier to lvl 91 to get more efficiency. So don't mind high cost on a good building that gives you lots of stuff.
Problem is it doesn't give you lots of stuff for Antique Dealer. And we already have Temple of Relics for that. The real problem here is that we can compare a Venus GB vs a No Age GB in terms of efficiency. Yes, it's smaller. But that's basically the only good point about it.

And one moment, you have to spend your fp somewhere, this GM is an option!
With the current state of the GB, I would spend them elsewhere :p

-Alin-

Emperor
Just as @MooingCat is pointing it out, this GB needs an update. Rewards are the same (more or less) than the Temple of Relics.
So as we can compare the 2 GBs, let's compare them.
Courtesy of @NinjAlin :)

Let's say we level them up at level 69, so :
  • ToR bonus : 31.50%
  • FI Bonus : 40.01%
  • Nbr of rewards per week for ToR : 64
  • Nbr of rewards per week for FI : 42 (1 every 4 hours, 6 per day, 42 a week)
This means :
  • ToR average number of rewards per week : 20.16
  • FI average number of rewards per week : 16.80
Just to remind Inno, ToR is a no age building costing basically nothing (14'403 FPs in 1.9 boost from 0 to 60). FI cost from 0 to 60 is probably gonna be higher than Space Carrier which already has a cost of 29'582 FPs at 1.9, more than twice higher the cost of ToR...

Yes, Graphics are nice in SAV, colors, buildings(except Town Hall, that one is ugly, only that circle animation in front of save the looking) are amazing.

Regarding the Flying Island, I built it not just for looking, but for that boost also, it seemed interesting with the unknown things before, now with all the things we can get from uncommon, common, rare and mysterious shards I am a bit dissapointed, but It doesn't matter too much for me, had to use forge points on ”something”, and my next target are all 30(for achievement) buildings equal or higher than level 100.

But yes, it should be tweaked regarding chances and prizes from common and rare ones, who needs 5 blueprints or medals when I have nearly one million of each already?
Hope they will change it, somehow.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
For a Go, it brings nothing that a player in SaV does not miss.
As much Venus is a copy of Mars (and more beautiful) but the floating island is a copy of ToR.
I am disappointed because I have the feeling that Inno is laughing at us.
Is this a new joke on their part after the sketch of the Futur Artic in X parts?

Amaroke

Farmer
We were complaining about the GM, but we still don't know what the colony-varying rewards are (not what they are but what are the circumstances of obtaining), if it's an extra reward it's downright broken? If it isn't then what is it?
Help me I want to know !
Before having a real opinion on the GB.

But I am thinking of putting it in my city and lvl up 80 in any case, firstly because even if it is not necessarily profitable, it is not useless and secondly because I have to find an occupation for my fps! And especially ! Because it is damn class!

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
True but what is this :

Mysterious shard:

• Vikings: 300 random goods of your age
  • Egyptians: 150 forgepoints
  • Japanese: 300 random goods of your age
  • Aztecs: 150 forgepoints
???
probably a higher rarity than rare. If true think of it like epic rarity from other games,
how follow this type of rarity:
Common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary
Some games have even further rarities but those usually vary from game to game. Some
games have above legendary ''mythical'' or ''exotic'' rarity. In some other cases there
are even games who rating a few items as ''ultimate'' for the very best. A very few games
using their own words to replace this general rarity but in general this keeps up with most
games.
Anyways on topic I think ''mysterious'' rarity might be the equivalent of epic rarity.
We were complaining about the GM, but we still don't know what the colony-varying rewards are, if it's an extra reward it's downright broken? If it isn't then what is it?
Help me I want to know !
Before having a real opinion on the GB.
Actually it was also on the list, under mysterious shards:
Mysterious shard:

AGranolaBar

Squire
So now that we know the % and the rewards my conclusion is the same as those above me: it has the prizes of an All Ages or lower Ages GB but it's being offered in the latest era. What are those players supposed to do with medals, 1/5 units and BPs? There is zero use for that. It needs tweaking to make it more appealing. Either: different era for this GB (lower FP cost per level)/ increase in the % applied to it to at least match TOR/ remove the useless rewards/have it give rewards more often than 4h.

Amaroke

Farmer
probably a higher rarity than rare. If true think of it like epic rarity from other games,
how follow this type of rarity:
Common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary
Some games have even further rarities but those usually vary from game to game. Some
games have above legendary ''mythical'' or ''exotic'' rarity. In some other cases there
are even games who rating a few items as ''ultimate'' for the very best. A very few games
using their own words to replace this general rarity but in general this keeps up with most
games.
Anyways on topic I think ''mysterious'' rarity might be the equivalent of epic rarity.

Actually it was also on the list, under mysterious shards:
But the GB desciption never talk about "epic" rarity.

So now that we know the % and the rewards my conclusion is the same as those above me: it has the prizes of an All Ages or lower Ages GB but it's being offered in the latest era. What are those players supposed to do with medals, 1/5 units and BPs? There is zero use for that. It needs tweaking to make it more appealing. Either: different era for this GB (lower FP cost per level)/ increase in the % applied to it to at least match TOR/ remove the useless rewards/have it give rewards more often than 4h.
Let's not forget that a GM can be installed at any age, you seem to want a completely abused GB ... I think in its current state it is balanced.

Last edited:

ElDiablo

Farmer
We have some expectations from a GB from the last Age. Flying Island is useles, not worthy for such an Age. I have few proposal to be changed:
1. Donate goods to guild treasury,but players decide witch Age goods
2. Some units, like alcatraz
3. Chance to heal all wounded units after winning a battle (I mean just those units involved)
4. Chance in GBG that the oponents bonus not to increase.
We need to change this building mates :)

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Amaroke Mysterious is probably an equivalent of epic. It's just named different.
Not in all games are rarities named in the same way. Sometimes they just give the
same rarity a different name to fit better into the theme of the game. I suspect it's
similar to epic and just rarer than the rarity rare.

Amaroke

Farmer
@Amaroke Mysterious is probably an equivalent of epic. It's just named different.
Not in all games are rarities named in the same way. Sometimes they just give the
same rarity a different name to fit better into the theme of the game. I suspect it's
similar to epic and just rarer than the rarity rare.
Yes but, the GM description never talk of rarity superior at "rare" ! :p

1615301779289.png
Only common, uncommon and rare !
Hence my question!

Arwaren

Squire
I see the only way out here.
1) Increase shard rewards AND 2) Shards spawn in colonies, not culture settlements.
For me, it is stupid to have an active settlement all the time. These shards might as well appear in the city.
But I think the shards should be showing up in the colonies. Then you give an extra reason to go through the ages.
Then you can easily increase the rewards because it will be for players with eras from Mars and above

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
My thoughts on updating the GB: It lacks uniqueness. It doesn't offer much of anything people want but can't get elsewhere. Nor does it particularly benefit a particular play style.
- The watered down crap that was put in instead of expedition rewards could be more settlement related. Say settlement coins in the common, settlement goods and a time reward building piece in the uncommon, and a main building piece in the rare. This would allow the building to both make settlements easier and to allow people to chase down something like another Yggdrasil that they actually value.
- In addition to a change for a shard every 4 hours there should also be a chance for a shard every settlement quest. This would allow it to hold higher value and better RoI for settlement players (of which I'm not much of one, they drive me nuts - but the GB doesn't have to appeal to me necessarily, just to enough people). If you're running through a settlement a week this would give you an extra 20 or so shard-chances a week on top of the 42 from just letting it happen.

well not the shadow of doubt that it has enough evidence that the new gb is inefficient and even lacks a little clarity about what gives its bonuses 100%. And that it is not worth it because there is simply ToR.
Why not make the Gb that is focused on the settlement not help the mechanics of the settlements? how to put the selection kit of the main building in the colony that you are doing in the rare ones?
why not put in the unusual part also the gain of fragments of the secondary buildings? and because not putting the settlement goods gain in common 40 settlement goods (10 of each good), this is not difficult to put into play after all it would give importance to the gb. The design is so beautiful not to put it in the city and we will only have one GB. If you leave it in the percentages that are up to you, but if you continue only with what you put as a copy of the ToR you need to put this gb to have a percentage gain equal to the arc percentage to be worth it, even so it still wouldn't make sense to have a gb focused on settlement and do not help anything in the mechanics or give a kit to the buildings of this settlement.

JhonnyBn

Merchant
It's an updated ToR that costs more and gives less and worse rewards... why?... sure many will place it in their city for the pretty looks of the GB or because they have nothing better to do with their FP, but at least the Rare rewards should be WAY better for this GB to be in any of my cities.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes but, the GM description never talk of rarity superior at "rare" ! :p

View attachment 6819
Only common, uncommon and rare !
Hence my question!
Ohw I see. I got confused because of the list of possible shards and drops,
they were: Common, uncommon, rare and mysterious. The drops of the last
one depends on the active culture. I thought it was a separated category of
shards in rarity.

Amaroke

Farmer
Ah yes I just understood suddenly, the mysterious is actually a rare reward dependig of actual settlement?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Amaroke , yes from the announcement:
Mysterious shard:
Seems to be higher values then the regular ''rare'' shards. From 200 goods
to 300 and from 100 fps to 150 fps. Which may drop depends on the active
culture, from what I've understood from the announcement. Although I'm
positieve I've seen a very few times HC dropping even better rewards.