• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser1418

Mars Campaign Map? Way too difficult, especially sentinals in the mix at +150% This is the point where I gonna say screw this game. What is the purpose here? Should we all have 3x LvL 80 Attacking GB's run dozens of events in the hope we get decent attack buildings? You already nerved contestant's estates by half, so we probably all have to negotiate our way thru at very high cost - even more now the diamonds are made more expensive. Read my lips... You are killing this game

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was thinking about the Mars units more. You've just totally broken the all ages map.
At this time FE / AF / OF vs VF can win with good enough military GB. At this time people from all 4 ages can compete.
My gut says 1 FE / 1 AF / 1 OF / 1 VF & 7 rogue will get slaughtered vs any SAM troops. FE to VF no longer can help in AA GVG map.
Now it looks like AA will be SAM vs SAM only. Was it your intention to break GVG?

I expect OF and VF will still be able to compete - remember that most of AA is at 0% boost on the defense and at most is at 75% while people have 200%+ routinely if they're GvGers. They won't be able to help with the DAs much anymore, but they'll be able to clear. FE and AF will probably indeed no longer be enough, but they couldn't be enough forever.

DeletedUser10039

Regarding the TVP GB, agreed I have not looked at this with the view of the masses, I have only looked at this from my point of view where I can make arguments for/against from my own experiences. I personally hate bullies in real life and on-line. So I set myself a personal mission years ago to counter these bullies by building a massive amount of defence in the hope they they would slow down with their bully tactics. I understand everyone plays for different reasons and gets fun from different aspects of the game. But in one update my whole game comes crashing down and the bullies will win if this GB goes live as it stands at the moment. And trust me, they will all build this GB with the sole purpose of beating up on hoods. They will not use their 4 ticks a day on maps/GE/GvG/DQ's. I bet you all the diamonds I have that this is what the bullies in my world will use it for.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Will that stack with AO?

well it has to be a seperate effect since AO is *1.5 so they can't just add their chances and become more reliable. so I'd guess it'd be something like

against mars units with 20% crit and AR systems:

64% chance for base damage only
16% chance for 1.5* damage
16% chance for 2* damage
4% chance for 3* damage

Beta-OD

Squire
well it has to be a seperate effect since AO is *1.5 so they can't just add their chances and become more reliable. so I'd guess it'd be something like

16% chance for 2* damage
4% chance for 3* damage

I meant 3x (or 3.5x) damage, depending on how they do their math.

laclongquan

Steward
Regarding the TVP GB, agreed I have not looked at this with the view of the masses, I have only looked at this from my point of view where I can make arguments for/against from my own experiences. I personally hate bullies in real life and on-line. So I set myself a personal mission years ago to counter these bullies by building a massive amount of defence in the hope they they would slow down with their bully tactics. I understand everyone plays for different reasons and gets fun from different aspects of the game. But in one update my whole game comes crashing down and the bullies will win if this GB goes live as it stands at the moment. And trust me, they will all build this GB with the sole purpose of beating up on hoods. They will not use their 4 ticks a day on maps/GE/GvG/DQ's. I bet you all the diamonds I have that this is what the bullies in my world will use it for.
Use your last resort: tavern shield.
You are going to miss those green thumbs up though lol

DeletedUser5097

Mars Campaign Map? Way too difficult, especially sentinals in the mix at +150% This is the point where I gonna say screw this game. What is the purpose here? Should we all have 3x LvL 80 Attacking GB's run dozens of events in the hope we get decent attack buildings? You already nerved contestant's estates by half, so we probably all have to negotiate our way thru at very high cost - even more now the diamonds are made more expensive. Read my lips... You are killing this game
After unlocking the Steel Warden it's getting eassier. I don't even have 3x lvl 10 att. GB's,
let alone 4x lvl 10 like on live but I managed to fight me away through the first 3 provinces
no problem. For Mars ore I could not defeat some hostile armies, but after unlocking the
Steel warden stuff doesn't look as grimm. I'm sorry to said but it's possible to fight and
defeat provinces without 3x lvl 80 GBs

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
now there will be no expansions of victory
Although I really would like to unlock one or two more expansion soon, it would make sense, as you gain a ton of space on mars for SAM Goods-Building that you do not need to place in your main city --> indirect gain of space

I actually think this GB will help balance out the bullies in earlier ages. There are players that sit in earlier ages and get decked out with units several ages up, then dominate their hoods. This will give the little guy a chance to fight back.

On the high end, it does go the other way too. But generally speaking, those with 600%+ attack (which i have) likely won't bother with this GB anyway. There is truly no one that I dislike enough to justify 3000 Goods and thousands of FP just to beat. Better off to level Arc/CF and just make more goods that way :)

Edit: It's one thing to want to have enough defense that they can't break it on principle, but that's not really a game balance issue as much as a personal issue. If you're getting attacked and plundered that bad, maybe it's more about your style of play than it is the game itself.
So, based in your answer, Inno desided to apply a GB in Mars era to cover the needs of players in earlier ages ? (cases you described in 1st paragraph)
I do not find it a serious reason and after all which is the percentage of those players , 0,5% - 1% ?

And your example is my point.
600% attack bonus + Artic Orangery + Kraken + the advantage of Rogues + city defence ridiculus behaviour..........why do you we need the Virgo in the game?
At the bottom line as "rightful" is for someone to try and steal from others that rightful is for the others to defend their property. At this point the game has lost its balance for too much time now.

Especially your example is my point that Virgo should be better to apply its bonus to defence army rather to attack.
Imagine you with your 600% to take the risk and attack a city which can kill at once half of your units.

I really would like to know how the devs think or maybe if they think at all.

DeletedUser10039

I really would like to know how the devs think

I can only presume to think that they will give us 2 waves for defending our cities very soon, as defence in this game is a joke compared to attack. We already have an extra attack GB, the Kraken (just about ok for defending against) and now TVP. Add that to the fact that the Defence AI is stupid; Stealth units don't hide, instead they stand in the open in a cluster so splash units can kill them easily. Splash units hit the damaged unit standing on its own instead of the grouped up attackers. Attackers can use 7 rogues (defence can too but that would be silly) etc.

Well, maybe that would give us the incitement to build Virgo... Either way, you don't really need lvl 80 of every attack GB. And assuming you've come this far in the game, you should probably have your GBs raised just enough..

16% chance for 2* damage
4% chance for 3* damage

they don't usually multiply the multipliers, just the base stats
so + 50% damage for AO
and + 100% damage for AR
= + 150% damage when combined or 2.5 x base

DeletedUser8048

I like the action of the Virgo GB .. BUT the number of chances increasing should be more in line with the Himeji, as it is, a level 33 Virgo still only gets 4 chances and the level 20 Himeji gets 6 chances.

DeletedUser10044

WHY the virgo project,? where it would eliminate half of the units in my opinion is an insult and an affront to those who for years (not for days), from YEARS, try to build and above all has built something, spends and spent everything could you spend, in terms of time, virtual and economic resources, actively participated in events, to get something that you thought was useful, and did it because you made believe it was useful and for what? Well we all did it because it followed a logic, a guiding line that you have always brought coherently, where you pointed in a meticulous way to balances, I acknowledge it, but from the next era, all he did was in vain , the balance you have wisely kept for years, I would say, but from the next era this will no longer exist.
The difference between a novice player and one who has WORKED for years, exists, as it should be, because behind there is a constant and constant greater commitment and must be rewarded, and MUST be rewarded, it goes on to improve itself not to get worse in terms of results and differences earned with sacrifices, but all this will be nullified by what is simply a very serious error in the evaluation of the programmer, so I speak on behalf of so many players believe me, and you will hear about it again, I ask and I hope you re-evaluate everything, I do since now because you are still in time, then it will be too late, kind regards.

I like the action of the Virgo GB .. BUT the number of chances increasing should be more in line with the Himeji, as it is, a level 33 Virgo still only gets 4 chances and the level 20 Himeji gets 6 chances.

it should get the # of chances like Kraken gets, but only progressively growing to ~35% chance at level 60 orso (therefore keeping it low enough).

DeletedUser5097

it should get the # of chances like Kraken gets, but only progressively growing to ~35% chance at level 60 orso (therefore keeping it low enough).
Or adding chances, improving chances but removing the option for ussing it in NB. This would prevent
complete destruction of the already broken ''ballance'' in the PvP system. The compansation are a few
added changes for launch and improved chance. Sounds fair and best sollution to me.;)

Or adding chances, improving chances but removing the option for ussing it in NB. This would prevent
complete destruction of the already broken ''ballance'' in the PvP system. The compansation are a few
added changes for launch and improved chance. Sounds fair and best sollution to me.;)

Or: removing the # of chances part, therefore making it works infinite number of times, but also adding the capability to defensive armies, therefore allowing defenses one-shotting the attacking army as well :p