• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser8351

There is still no one to sell a virgo project resource pack?

qaccy

Emperor
When I explore a Mars Ore site - does the attack/defense bonus of the opponent army become higher each time when I explore? The first few times in the first sector it was possible to win (even against flying units, when I used 8 Ronin) - now my 8 Ronin get totally blown away (and kill only 3 opponents) against 8 Sentinels - even with 30% tavern bonus and 20% attack potion.

Will there be a point where exploration will be possible only by negotiating (even with super-high GBs)?

It's probably because of the AR Targeting ability that SAM units have. It's going to be very difficult to fight against units that not only have very high stats, but also have the ability to randomly double their damage each time they attack. Unless you're using SAM units yourself or have stealth, you're going to take a pounding for sure.

DeletedUser7959

It's probably because of the AR Targeting ability that SAM units have. It's going to be very difficult to fight against units that not only have very high stats, but also have the ability to randomly double their damage each time they attack. Unless you're using SAM units yourself or have stealth, you're going to take a pounding for sure.
VF artillery is still pretty good against everything except fast units (in SA:M). I did more than 50% fights on the Continent map using 8 Rocket troops.

DeletedUser3858

Does someone have an image of the completed campaign map of the Mars era?

DeletedUser10041

Is it possible to make a beta server in which players will already start on a certain age in this case at the end of the Virtual Future?

OSX MAC

Steward
Does someone have an image of the completed campaign map of the Mars era?
41fWKAw.jpg
41fXaPN.jpg
41fXdM7.jpg

Feanor II

Baronet
The new GB Virgio Project looks like a dud.
Kraken only has so many uses. However, I still love the 57 FP a day I get from it. Without a good second bonus, I don't think you will see a lot of them built.

Absolutely agree. This Virgo Project is going to be vastly overrated by a lot of people who don't think it through and are blinded by "look how powerful it is; it can wipe out half an army in one shot!". At level 10 it's basically going to give you one free battle a day. Maybe two. Coins are obviously meaningless; if you have the resources to build Virgo but struggle with coins then something is wrong. In addition, if you couldn't get through a "Kraken'd" fight, I don't think relying on VP is the way to go. The only practical application I can see for it is PvP against monster defense. DISCLAIMER-I'm camped in CE on beta, so I haven't actually used it.

That said, I do very much want it to go Live, because I'll make a killing selling them to people who don't seem to notice I don't have one in my own city.

iPenguinPat

Squire
Can you please explain the need of GB which can kill at once half of the enemy units?
Have the devs consider its impact on city defence?
The "monster" attack bonus is not enough?
This imbalance is something I cannot understand, I think it will be proper its bonus to apply also on city defence army.
:mad:

I actually think this GB will help balance out the bullies in earlier ages. There are players that sit in earlier ages and get decked out with units several ages up, then dominate their hoods. This will give the little guy a chance to fight back.

On the high end, it does go the other way too. But generally speaking, those with 600%+ attack (which i have) likely won't bother with this GB anyway. There is truly no one that I dislike enough to justify 3000 Goods and thousands of FP just to beat. Better off to level Arc/CF and just make more goods that way :)

Edit: It's one thing to want to have enough defense that they can't break it on principle, but that's not really a game balance issue as much as a personal issue. If you're getting attacked and plundered that bad, maybe it's more about your style of play than it is the game itself.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I actually think this GB will help balance out the bullies in earlier ages. There are players that sit in earlier ages and get decked out with units several ages up, then dominate their hoods. This will give the little guy a chance to fight back.

On the high end, it does go the other way too. But generally speaking, those with 600%+ attack (which i have) likely won't bother with this GB anyway. There is truly no one that I dislike enough to justify 3000 Goods and thousands of FP just to beat. Better off to level Arc/CF and just make more goods that way :)

Because it's totally the 'little guys' that drop the FP to buy GB sets for buildings way past their age and not the 'bullies' as you put it ;)

There are only at most 4-5 charges (4 seen so far) so there's very little chance a hood villain will use it on specifically you unless you've got some sort of ongoing personal rivalry (as purps seems to be concerned about).

It is still a *really* poor design that any future attempt to design a difficult encounter can be completely undermined by this GB. Kraken's proc was powerful enough.

OSX MAC

Steward
All you need is Chateau (lvl60+)... It was and it is the best way to get goods in all eras, same in Mars.
The Mars colony is needed only to gather credits from residential buildings. More credits - more minings you can launch on the Continent map to get ore = more ore.
To waste ore on goods production... No, thx.
View attachment 3960
This set is more efficient (IMO) :)
41g6IZg.jpeg
41g6Sdu.jpeg

DeletedUser7703

This set is more efficient (IMO) :)

Do you not sleep? :eek:

For anyone that likes their sleep and use 5 collections from the drop pod/simple shelter the efficiency order is dome -> simple shelter -> Drop pod -> Modular home

Last edited by a moderator:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Looking over the units, there doesn't appear to be any *obvious* disasters for a change. There's also at least 2 units that will own hover tanks (tesla walker with blast, and space marine with fast movement and dragon breath both don't care about stealth). The stats of the units are also so high that doing decent damage against them with a hover tank would prove very difficult.

Other than the rocket troop's mortar which is situationally still going to be better than the Mars artillery it seems likely this set of units is going to render all previous era troops outdated. Move order will likely determine which of the units are more or less useful within the age.

As for giving every unit in the age a 20% chance to double damage, I'm really not sure how I feel about that. It should increase the variability in battles a lot which isn't a bad thing for combating boredom. But it also seems likely to further emphasize units that can hit first which I'd guess means the fast unit in this age or reliance on rogues once more to absorb the initial hits.

griaxe

Merchant
There is virtually no defense to something like this, why are players wasting time and city space with defenders when you're just going to come out with something that will allow someone to completely bypass all of it? For every 1 person in a hood with this thing you'll have *so far* up to 3 whose years of work defending themselves you've just undone. How is that good for game balance?

100% agree... with potentially 30-40 hoodies having that GB and attacking very well defended city every day with 30-40% chance of winning i see no point of adding more Def% (watchfires, RFs, Def Gbs, etc) because no army would win 4 vs 8 units (possibly even 3 vs 8 units if attacker got Kraken triggered also)...
Do the game developers understand that they just made all that work for top defenders wasted in one blow? all those years and resources of building up Def bonuses simply became a joke....
Developers , please rethink this GB.. this is very , very wrong direction and put hard work of many players to waste..
the only way i could see it work if defending army would get unlimited triggers of chance killing half of attacking army (only attacker would have limited number of triggers) . now, THAT would be very fun

OmegaLee

Steward
I was thinking about the Mars units more. You've just totally broken the all ages map.
At this time FE / AF / OF vs VF can win with good enough military GB. At this time people from all 4 ages can compete.
My gut says 1 FE / 1 AF / 1 OF / 1 VF & 7 rogue will get slaughtered vs any SAM troops. FE to VF no longer can help in AA GVG map.
Now it looks like AA will be SAM vs SAM only. Was it your intention to break GVG?