• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Space Age: Mars!

DeletedUser8859

Virgo should produce supplies instead of coins. I don't like the idea that you can win battles against 4 neighbors every day. so what are the defenses? I have 1600 defense using hundreds of lighthouses and space, in addition to basilio, deal, greenhouse at the maximum and all of them will be useless!

Virgo to be a space saving solution:
  • Change Deal Castle 7x7, St Basils 5x5, 100's of Watchfires 1x1, and ritual Flames 2x1 by a 5x5 Virgo.
  • Change most probably gradually, as Virgo increase levels

dpghost

Steward
The GB's are quite useless, the amount of goods required to research is enormous
How do you expect us to get 35,000 goods for research?
With 10 goods every 8 hours and let's say 10 goods buildings we can make like 300 goods a day.
So we have to play the goods 8 hours play for 3-4 months?
We can't even get a decent fighting unit, until we finish the research?
And later, when we go to Ceres, if you need some Mars goods for research / negotiations, what are we supposed to do?

1BFA

Viceroy
The GB's are quite useless, the amount of goods required to research is enormous
How do you expect us to get 35,000 goods for research?
With 10 goods every 8 hours and let's say 10 goods buildings we can make like 300 goods a day.
So we have to play the goods 8 hours play for 3-4 months?
We can't even get a decent fighting unit, until we finish the research?
And later, when we go to Ceres, if you need some Mars goods for research / negotiations, what are we supposed to do?

With a 60ish level chateau, 80 level arc and 1.9 thread, players should be able to do many recurring quests.

DeletedUser8859

There are many ways to get goods:
  • Production: (I like the 8 hrs cycles too, in cities without a Chatteau Frontenac).
  • Quests: Recurring, and all others.
    • Add Chatteau Frontenac to boost Quests regards
    • If Chatteau Frontenac is high enough this method can generate more goods per day than having 10 goods buildings, plus freeing space at city for other options.
    • My Chatteau Frontenac is not yet at level 60 at my most advanced city (working on that), but in just 1 quest (solved in a minute or less) the rewards received are more than the 10 goods a building would produce in 8 hrs.
  • Trading
  • FP x Goods deals
  • GBs producing Goods plus other rewards
  • GE Rewards
  • Plundering + GBs boosting plundered goods
  • Aiding + Dynamic Tower
  • Incidents random

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10044

Forgive the translation errors, I would like to say just one thing ... example, Mr XXX is a neighbor of mine, he has no GB, not GB, he plays in all the main worlds except mine, where I see only he has fountains to collect diamonds, he is not interested in fighting, but tomorrow he decides to build the Virgo project, now without GB of attack, but only with the VP mr XXX he is able to beat and plunder me, just because 4 troops beat anyone. even without any attack%, even if I have all the possible GB, at a level higher than 90% including premiums of premium events, in my opinion is not right as a logical basis and my commitment for years? lost? deal castle? all fireguards? upgrade fireguards? san basilium? delete now?

DeletedUser8859

This is a strategy game.

It is just that Mr. XXX changed from a Non Attacking, Passive, playstyle, to an Attacking Playstyle (at least in this particular world) and now is able to beat you :
  • using a new/different strategy,
  • using a building (GB) designed by Inno, and available to all players, not just to Mr. XXX
  • and using the GB, under the rules of the game applicable to all players (set by Inno not by Mr XXX),
Has Mr. XXX done something wrong? No.

If facing a new strategy then it is time to reconsider yours and maybe remodel your city or modify your playing style to find a counter-strategy against it. The winds of change have arrived, adapt or they will push you away.
-----
Like in my previous post, there are multiple ways to get goods. One of them is to raise your Chatteau Frontenac high enough and using quests, specially recurring quests, get huge amount of goods without any goods production buildings and in shorter time, not needing population for goods production, neither coins, supplies or unrefined goods to produce goods of your age. Chatteau Frontenac becomes not just a goods producing GB but also a space saving at city. Not fair? It is fair, all aligned to the design of the game and rules, just a different strategy.
-----
I also play at all worlds of the EN server, (now active in just 4, visiting my other cities sporadically). In some cities Im a fighter, not in others.
  • In my top one I'm a GB Collector aiming to have every GB released in the game (now waiting for the Space Mars Era to arrive to have the collection complete again), GE player completing level 4 weekly,
  • In other worlds mostly a Passive Producer Farmer battling only when a quest requires it. More space dedicated to defense than in barracks and attacking buildings.
  • In one world my city is setup for fighting, Attacking GBs, Rogue Hideouts, Champion Retreats, Unattached units from GE and Alcatraz.
  • Other cities have a mixed design.

qaccy

Emperor
If facing a new strategy then it is time to reconsider yours and maybe remodel your city or modify your playing style to find a counter-strategy against it. The winds of change have arrived, adapt or they will push you away.

I think this is the point of contention here though. What's the strategy supposed to be against what's essentially an auto-win? While I personally think the Virgo is a quite boring GB and that Inno could have done better, I'm not going to try saying that it doesn't essentially invalidate any sort of defense short of the city shield. Of course, rogues have been doing that for years already in ages up to around AF, so perhaps we've just come full circle here. However, I don't see much that can be done to make this GB eventually fade away like rogues did.

griaxe

Merchant
Me:
- designed my city to penetrate any defense. No players I haven’t beat in Arvahall (no matter how high their defence is with some luck and tactics). Approx bonus: 700/260 % while attacking.

- designed my city to repeal most of the attackers. Approx bonus: 150/2000 % while defending.

- attacking pretty much every neighbor every day and plundering them.
- half Arvahall hates me and would love to plunder me.
- spent countless amount of diamonds, FPs, time and effort to be where I am now.
———
INNO Games:
- made all the above useless with the new GB....

——-
Is there another more efficient way to kill the desire for playing this game as hard as I did ( do)?

DeletedUser8859

This make me remember Rocky III. But there it was Mr. T not Mr. XXX.

The Great Undefeated Champion has been challenged and lost. What now?
  • Retirement? Is that the only option?
  • Or Inno has provided a new level to overcome, a new challenge? Can you reinvent yourself and regain the eye of the tiger?

griaxe

Merchant
Sure thing . I can adapt and evolve... but I wasted 3 years of using my space for watchfires, RFs, def GBs and thousands of FPs to level them instead of just placing TFs and farm FPs playing SimCity like many do....
rather disappointed and discouraged

DeletedUser10044

he truth is only one ..... which is revenge for all those who have only had their hands taken, we are not talking about reinventing myself, because when I started the game I didn't shield or close to leveling, I found only people over 3 years old big and it was a pain, then I started to learn to defend myself, since I have a job and I can't think about the daily collections, I started buying real lighthouses, now after 6 years of play did I start to worry again? no, I stop playing

when a person buys a house, he improves it day by day, paints the walls, furniture, curtains, paintings, slowly adds to the carpet or something else to finally make the dream house, but this floor slowly .... the years go by, when you think you can enjoy the work done, and you only think about the details, one day they are going to collapse, and you have to move because? because someone decided so suddenly

DeletedUser8859

Then, is this why the game has always to be tilted towards the attackers?
  • To avoid them (us) to get disappointed, discouraged and wanting to leave?
  • Passive players just to suffer the plunderers and collect on time to minimize losses, or accept them just as another cost of production?
  • Passive players to adapt or get lost?

iPenguinPat

Squire
Me:
- designed my city to penetrate any defense. No players I haven’t beat in Arvahall (no matter how high their defence is with some luck and tactics). Approx bonus: 700/260 % while attacking.

- designed my city to repeal most of the attackers. Approx bonus: 150/2000 % while defending.

- attacking pretty much every neighbor every day and plundering them.
- half Arvahall hates me and would love to plunder me.
- spent countless amount of diamonds, FPs, time and effort to be where I am now.
———
INNO Games:
- made all the above useless with the new GB....

——-
Is there another more efficient way to kill the desire for playing this game as hard as I did ( do)?

This is kind of the point I was trying to make before. You are in a position where you can bully players that are either new or casual to no end, and they literally have no recourse or long term relief. They can Tavern Shield, collect on time, and that's it.

Inno has crunched the numbers and figured out that it's better business to keep casual/younger players than to cater to the pvp bully playstyle. There are hundreds of players getting bullied, but only a handful of players with 1000%+ defense. I imagine the longer a person plays, the more likely they are to crack and buy diamonds. If they quit because they can't advance due to plundering, then that's one potential customer they lose. That's why the made pvp a tech that has to be unlocked in iron age (after years of allowing pvp from day 1).

Notice that there are 2 types of feedback about Virgo - Those that say there are not enough charges, and it's a useless GB... and those that have a ton of defense and are upset that they will soon have to deal with people they have been attacking/plundering finally being able to punch them in the nose back. Like previously stated, if you need 1800% defense it probably has more to do with your playstyle than game balance, and this GB is -designed- to disrupt -your- game. It's terrible for anything else. :) (it's even barely viable for hard encounters in GE or world map)

Edit: Re: being casual and having watchfire/ritual flame to help protect since you can't collect on time - For someone to specifically save their charges to attack you, it would have to be something personal. With only 3-4 charges, you'd have to be really something special for someone to hunt you down like that. They would already be using Kraken in the same way. Maybe for the first few weeks... but after the novelty wears off, people aren't going to wait around for their Virgo to attack you.

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet

One of these useless GBs is producing the goods of the previous era :)

Edit: Anyway I haven't seen any previous age goods building in an advanced players town before SAM either

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
Forgive the translation errors, I would like to say just one thing ... example, Mr XXX is a neighbor of mine, he has no GB, not GB, he plays in all the main worlds except mine, where I see only he has fountains to collect diamonds, he is not interested in fighting, but tomorrow he decides to build the Virgo project, now without GB of attack, but only with the VP mr XXX he is able to beat and plunder me, just because 4 troops beat anyone. even without any attack%, even if I have all the possible GB, at a level higher than 90% including premiums of premium events, in my opinion is not right as a logical basis and my commitment for years? lost? deal castle? all fireguards? upgrade fireguards? san basilium? delete now?

The chance, that this happens is very low I guess. Even when - he might be able to enter your town - alright - who cares, but being plundered can be avoided as usual

DeletedUser10039

PV only works in attack

Unless you have massive defence, which is what we are complaining about having spent years building up. People have different goals, just because some like to attack doesn't mean everyone wants to attack. Some players like to be a balanced player or a defender.

I do agree that attack is easier than defending, hence why we don't need another boost to the PvP attacker.

DeletedUser7262

I really don't understand the hype bout Virgo. If you're really afraid of being the favourite neighbour for testing some percentage out of 4 to max 7 (?) trials day by day, you might have either
done everything right
OR
done something really wrong

So what?

did they change it again as far as i read it only attacks the first wave of a 2 wave battle meaning it will not be used on neighbours

laclongquan

Steward
Have it work on both attacker’s and defender’s Army just like ao critical hit did. That would make both side interesting.