• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Event 2022

Emm55

Merchant
I appreciate the new tournament mechanic, but it seems mindless to me now. How about you don't set up our team, but let us do it every time?

Emm55

Merchant
Regarding the change in the tournament mechanic: This was mostly done because of player feedback. In the last year especially we got a lot of complaints from players not winning, despite having a very high win chance (90%+). Because of that it was decided to change the tournament part in a way where the result does not depend on chance at all.
We are currently looking into ways to explain the new mechanic better and display it in a more straight forward way.
I got it right away. I don't think it needs a drastic rewrite.

AGranolaBar

Squire
Says you. I managed to get 3-4x the DS for yesterday that I got a nice starting pace when I went through tourney. I am still scratching my head on how that one at 26 team strength is #1. I am thinking that's just a bot holding the place.

I'm not sure what "says you" is supposed to mean in this specific case. Yes, it's an assumption.
As for how did he get to 1st (again an assumption): today he bought tickets with diamonds. Since the daily special was not something that gave him player cards his team remained unchanged, therefor his opponents remained the same: difficult - very hard to beat, medium - win most times and easy - win always. He fought medium and easy fights gathering enough points to be in 1st position.
At least that is one method I see where a non-bot can get in 1st position with a low value team.
If there are counter-arguments or other ideas I'd be happy to hear them written here. It was an interesting move.

If a player had done the same thing yesterday - with a similar/high tickets bought and keeping the daily special of 50 player cards - he would have won those some times so his team would have increased strength and he, himself as a player would have stood out less then the dude at no 1 today.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I an another one who is not impressed with this building.
Basically the 20 goods at 30% and the 25 goods at 50% works out to a daily average of 18.5 goods per day for the player.
The guild good are the booby prize.

A better set of rewards would be
40 previous Age/Era goods at 30%
40 building Age/Era goods at 50%
100 building Age/Era goods at 20%
This would average 52 goods/day for the player

Actually, it is right, well in a technical sense. Every time you see chances in a game where you are guaranteed to win one of the shown rewards, it is considered a chest. A chest always has multiple options and provides one reward.
This mechanic is part of the building, as you get one of the 3 rewards shown. We also have "boxes", where you get all the content.
But since this is only correct in a technical sense and is not really understandable without the context, I will change it in the announcement.
Too bad. getting a chest into inventory so a player can stack them up if desired would be an interesting mechanic, especially if the contents weren't era locked when you get the chest, but instead give current era when they are used. I think most players would actually appreciate a mechanic like that.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I'm not sure what "says you" is supposed to mean in this specific case.
I was being a wise-ass.
As for how did he get to 1st (again an assumption): today he bought tickets with diamonds.
Could be. However, it must have been a lot of diamonds for those tickets to get that far. For him/her to have only 26 strength must have meant the game itself is tailoring the opponents to his/her strength (an assumption) instead of just giving them via the ranking structure, which means easy wins if chosen wisely. It would be having all the amateur leaguers competing with each other while the professional leaguers are competing each other as well and awarding the World Cup Trophy to the amateur team just because they got the most points, if this was the case.

Myself, as a poker player, I know how to call (going for the wins) them and when to fold (backing out of a fight that either yields a draw, which is half, or a lose) them. All the while going with a developed team.
I an another one who is not impressed with this building.
Basically the 20 goods at 30% and the 25 goods at 50% works out to a daily average of 18.5 goods per day for the player.
The guild good are the booby prize.

A better set of rewards would be
40 previous Age/Era goods at 30%
40 building Age/Era goods at 50%
100 building Age/Era goods at 20%
This would average 52 goods/day for the player
To me, it should have been more, but none of the developers at Inno are game testers or experts in the field of efficiency. They just throw anything together and call it a prize. Just look at the useless Victory Tower. It's 1x1 and yields a small amount of medals IN A WEEK! I get more medals from my current age's incident pick ups in a day than with this. Having an upgrade for it doesn't make matters any better, either. I kind of felt sorry for it (after selling so many to the AD for just "pennies") but Inno needs to put it to rest and refrain from handing it out as a prize.
Too bad. getting a chest into inventory so a player can stack them up if desired would be an interesting mechanic, especially if the contents weren't era locked when you get the chest, but instead give current era when they are used. I think most players would actually appreciate a mechanic like that.
Then they will lose out on the possible One-Up and Renovation kits since everything will be era locked into inventory. Smart ones had been upgrading the lower era inventory stuff with upgrade kits that shoots a building to the current age in a single click.

Then they will lose out on the possible One-Up and Renovation kits since everything will be era locked into inventory. Smart ones had been upgrading the lower era inventory stuff with upgrade kits that shoots a building to the current age in a single click.
Not even sure how that relates to what I said in the slightest.

GateKeeper

Baronet
Regarding the change in the tournament mechanic: This was mostly done because of player feedback. In the last year especially we got a lot of complaints from players not winning, despite having a very high win chance (90%+). Because of that it was decided to change the tournament part in a way where the result does not depend on chance at all.
We are currently looking into ways to explain the new mechanic better and display it in a more straight forward way.
I got a "Draw" today.... so I clicked, and won about half the rewards I believe...it was in the high rewards so it appeared low. Can you confirm the "Draw" payouts?

I have won 1 hard challenges and 2 medium challenges 2 days in a row. Now if this means I won't get the final price because I didn't get silver/diamond trophy, then I would be very disgruntled......

The Babelus

Steward
I also do not understand the mechanics at all. The old one was really not clear, but it was possible to beat the strongest opponent. Now there does not seem to be much opportunity to change the result. You get the default layout, in 99% there is no change to change it. And if the prediction is win, you usually win, when prediction loose you will loose...

Lydia73

Merchant
I also do not understand the mechanics at all. The old one was really not clear, but it was possible to beat the strongest opponent. Now there does not seem to be much opportunity to change the result. You get the default layout, in 99% there is no change to change it. And if the prediction is win, you usually win, when prediction loose you will loose...
right
and everytime you get close to the hardest match or maybe can make at least one game in the hardest match, the next time you are back in the middle.
So in the end, you can make matches in the easiest or middle group and thats it. But that gives you 6 or 12 % chance of winnig the price.

So either you spend tons of money/diamonds or you have almost no chance - that's the deal.

CrashBoom

Legend
@Juber
can you ask the developers for new goods icons of buildings

new building gives
random of 20 goods, 25 goods, ...

we don't see the difference of those goods

but according to that pictures the payout structures are different (4 each, 25 one kind random)

would be better for players to see that difference with different symbols
(maybe the random one a dice in upper right corner, and the other can stay at it is now)

The Babelus

Steward
right
and everytime you get close to the hardest match or maybe can make at least one game in the hardest match, the next time you are back in the middle.
So in the end, you can make matches in the easiest or middle group and thats it. But that gives you 6 or 12 % chance of winnig the price.

So either you spend tons of money/diamonds or you have almost no chance - that's the deal.
The only way to beet hardest opponent is wait and get many cards of players. If you were able to upgrade heavily, there could be chance to beat him. Anyway, if you succeeded, same story, next match you get much more difficult opponent again.
Nice to see Inno iss trying to make something with Soccer event strategy, however it seems they released it too fast even for Beta.

Just4FoEbeta

Merchant
new game mechanic?? I liked the previous one, always got top league without spending diamonds (thanks to most players not knowing how to play ;))
Hope to be wrong but this new one looks like a step away from strategic and interesting play.
What will be next? auto-play in wildlife event?

Can I petition to get medals removed from the tournament chests. It's more efficient to do a draw where there is NO MEDAL PRICE. I don't know who needs these medals, but when the "grand" medal price is a grand 3k medals and expansions are in the millions, I'm shaking my head at this idiocy. Even in the repeat quests in VF I get a bismal 3k medals like what in the fudge guys come on. Why god why would you even throw this in there when the possibility of even getting the daily special is pretty much 0, 12% with only 3/4 draws per day. If you want people to buy more tickets, then you'd include larger % to make 1, 3 or 10 ticket packets worth it, currently like one MAYBE daily special with 10 attempts, who is going to pay that when you need 10 upgrades??? Probably the better strat for daily special is to wait for the price you want on the footballs game.

(And most of the time you get slightly more points for half the large/medium match, but really a draw at the large/medium match should be worth more than the basic small price, you should be 100% guarenteed to win the small price no matter what, so taking the medium/large match should give a slightly better price?)