• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8944

I am about half way through the event and I am very happy with the event overall. Each challenge requires work but is doable. I have not been happy with the historical events which require 55 production runs. That is crazy. I also like the buildings and the soccer kick aspect. Adds a little offbeat component to the challenges. Overall, I would say it is a hit for me. I don't know if I will be able to get all 10 upgrades but I should be able to get some. Good job, guys.

vesgouo

Baronet
I still want to find out how much each one of players actually advance.
In the BOWL event this was so requested, and now they are ignoring this again.
Is not clear how much each one advances, which makes difficult to make a more precise strategy.

DeletedUser7942

Is not clear how much each one advances, which makes difficult to make a more precise strategy.
xivarmy and me throughout this post have gone over all this, I've even added pics with measurements and provided spreadsheets for best goal value and best daily special value, and data from three goal runs. We've cracked the code so you may want to go back through the board for it.

Feanor II

Baronet
I've got to imagine the ToI upgrade will be a daily special at some point. It would be incredibly stupid of Inno to not have it as such; it would be a cash-cow in the same way the Pillar and Bridge upgrades were. And those were only level 7. If you introduce a building that has to go up to level 10(!) via the same format but don't offer the upgrades as a daily, all but the most hardcore players are going to say "screw it" and not spend anything at all. The ToI is not quite as good as the PoH, so if I do go for one it would be more as a novelty "see, I have one!" type deal. And my FoE pride is not worth the price tag that would be necessary to get it via goals alone plus the 2 from the quests. I'm a pretty lonely and pathetic guy, and I do spend a fair amount on FoE (check my account history Inno; I speak the truth), but even I have better things to spend that amount of money on.

DeletedUser7503

It is FUN until you catch up to daily only events then it gets boring as hell and soon interest is lost completely. Give an unlimited number of reoccurring quests.! Reduce the payout in stages after the initial set but let us have something to do to keep our interest.

Frankiedk

Squire
One of the Loadscreens says that you have to bring the football forward to score a Touchdown, did they add a new way to score in Soccer football?

vesgouo

Baronet
xivarmy and me throughout this post have gone over all this, I've even added pics with measurements and provided spreadsheets for best goal value and best daily special value, and data from three goal runs. We've cracked the code so you may want to go back through the board for it.

I saw it, but that should be clear inside the game, like it was done in the bowl.

In addition, in the yards values calculated for each player in your table (10 for bronze, 20 for silver and 30 for gold), you calculated Shawn ["Forge Points" Foster], the lazy player, as 10. I believe he have a lower value.

DeletedUser7942

I saw it, but that should be clear inside the game, like it was done in the bowl.

In addition, in the yards values calculated for each player in your table (10 for bronze, 20 for silver and 30 for gold), you calculated Shawn ["Forge Points" Foster], the lazy player, as 10. I believe he have a lower value.
They're all equally spaced apart from all the measurements I've taken so far, I just assign a value to have some form of measure to calculate Goal and DS values, but regardless I suppose it would help stave off any confusion if they added some value to them. I didn't play the forgebowl event but looking at the comments and spreadsheets on the fan wiki it looks to have been more complex than this in terms of how far each player is whereas this uses a simple 1 2 3, I just converted that into 10,20,30 for calculation purposes.

example-lazy.gif

vesgouo

Baronet
Hmmm, Wishing Well shrink kit as a daily prize. Interesting. The diamond farmers may jump all over it.
Only if you're absolutely out of space. Otherwise, take a Wishing Well, a Shrine of Knowledge or other item compensates more

They're all equally spaced apart from all the measurements I've taken so far, I just assign a value to have some form of measure to calculate Goal and DS values, but regardless I suppose it would help stave off any confusion if they added some value to them. I didn't play the forgebowl event but looking at the comments and spreadsheets on the fan wiki it looks to have been more complex than this in terms of how far each player is whereas this uses a simple 1 2 3, I just converted that into 10,20,30 for calculation purposes.
View attachment 3193

What I said is: The value of the player [Shawn "Forge Points" Foster] (the lazy player) Is lower than the others. They are below the bronze players.
Not 10. Maybe 7?

But I still argue that values should appear in the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7942

Only if you're absolutely out of space. Otherwise, take a Wishing Well, a sanctuary or other item compensates more

What I said is: The value of the player [Shawn "Forge Points" Foster] (the lazy player) Is lower than the others. They are below the bronze players.
Not 10. Maybe 7?

But I still argue that values should appear in the game.
I agree they could add something in game.

I can't see the difference myself in that player from the others. I mean the players themselves seem not to match but the circle thing with the dot in the middle is the same which I'm assuming is where the ball ends up. Don't know for sure but that's what I'm using anyway, perhaps they can let us know either way. I did another one here overlaying him compared to the next guy in order by energy drink 69 Gary "Units" Campbell.

57 v 69.gif

DeletedUser

Hmmm, Wishing Well shrink kit as a daily prize. Interesting. The diamond farmers may jump all over it.
I am a diamond farmer with almost 600 Wishing Wells in 19 worlds

why would I need shrink kits ?
more Wishing Wells give more diamonds.
smaller Wells doesn't increase the amount of diamonds I would farm from them

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7779

View attachment 3193
Forge bowl event was quite the same actually. At first, we didn't have values about how many yards each player/chest advance you on the field. We complained here in forum and they added values to it eventually. So I just can't believe they did it again now. And although your measurements look accurate, I'd much more prefer official values provided by inno, rather than visual.
I am a diamond farmer with almost 600 Wishing Wells in 19 worlds

why would I need shrink kits ?
more Wishing Wells give more diamonds.
smaller Wells doesn't increase the amount of diamonds I would farm from them

:p
Because you might be running out of space. In my farm worlds I have several wells in inventory and I can't place them because I got no free space. So those kits will be pretty handy, I'll surely go for them on all my farm worlds.

DeletedUser

The upgrade item is currently unavailable as a Daily Special. Based on how the event progresses and of course on your feedback in this very thread, this can change for the event's live release :). Either way, we would stick to our policy of generally not announcing what is/is not in the Daily Specials, so you would not necessarily know if it got added or not.

A clear statement, thank you.

On Beta I'm rewarded with diamonds for testing the event, so I try to do my job. For my life worlds this info is determinant to play the Soccer Event not really seriously.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Forge bowl event was quite the same actually. At first, we didn't have values about how many yards each player/chest advance you on the field. We complained here in forum and they added values to it eventually. So I just can't believe they did it again now. And although your measurements look accurate, I'd much more prefer official values provided by inno, rather than visual.

Because you might be running out of space. In my farm worlds I have several wells in inventory and I can't place them because I got no free space. So those kits will be pretty handy, I'll surely go for them on all my farm worlds.

The forgebowl complaint was actually a little more specific - namely that people didn't associate the arrows beside the chests with distance travelled, and it wasn't correlated at all at first to the chest cost. It's much more obvious this event by the position of players on the field, and the more expensive chests do move you further.

Aeshma

Merchant
I would really like to see the Tholos upgrade kit be available as a daily special. It doesn't guarantee that a player will be able to get it even then due to rng and luck so why it is not an option I have no clue. People may spend more diamonds if they see it for a daily.

Not a fan of the leagues at all. I feel that system should be based on the number of goals a player makes individually, not against other players. I shouldn't have to be "competing" against others if the daily prize isn't something I care about. Today for example I dropped down to bronze because I don't have room in my city for wishing wells so I am saving my drinks for something better. Tomorrow I may drop down to amateur if the prize is a SoK for instance because I do not obsess over fps and don't have room in my city for shrines. If the prize is an attack or goods building the next day then I may go back up to silver again while the forge point junkies may drop to bronze or amateur because they don't want those buildings. There may even be some rare person who doesn't care about the dailies at all and only wants to be in gold league so they save their drinks all for the last day to overtake everyone. To me this is a rather silly system. :)

I like the new buildings. Supply production boost can be useful to a lot of players and the attack bonus maybe even more so. WW shrink kit isn't useful to me but I can see how it can be for others. Tholos looks good, really liking the 15 goods starting at level 9 but I just hope it is possible to get to at least level 7 without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser8500

Don't just change the "leagues" every day. You feel like you're being screwed.
I know this is the beta, but agree on the criteria to be / stay in the leagues

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-06-02 - inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8743

I would really like to see the Tholos upgrade kit be available as a daily special. It doesn't guarantee that a player will be able to get it even then due to rng and luck so why it is not an option I have no clue. People may spend more diamonds if they see it for a daily.

Not a fan of the leagues at all. I feel that system should be based on the number of goals a player makes individually, not against other players. I shouldn't have to be "competing" against others if the daily prize isn't something I care about. Today for example I dropped down to bronze because I don't have room in my city for wishing wells so I am saving my drinks for something better. Tomorrow I may drop down to amateur if the prize is a SoK for instance because I do not obsess over fps and don't have room in my city for shrines. If the prize is an attack or goods building the next day then I may go back up to silver again while the forge point junkies may drop to bronze or amateur because they don't want those buildings. There may even be some rare person who doesn't care about the dailies at all and only wants to be in gold league so they save their drinks all for the last day to overtake everyone. To me this is a rather silly system. :)

I like the new buildings. Supply production boost can be useful to a lot of players and the attack bonus maybe even more so. WW shrink kit isn't useful to me but I can see how it can be for others. Tholos looks good, really liking the 15 goods starting at level 9 but I just hope it is possible to get to at least level 7 without spending diamonds.

The leagues are good with nice rewards. It doesn't matter what your league standing is each day. It just matters where you stand at the end of the event. So you can play at your own pace and go after the daily prizes that you really want.

There should be no problem getting Tholos to level 9 without using diamonds assuming you complete the event.

DeletedUser7942

There should be no problem getting Tholos to level 9 without using diamonds assuming you complete the event.
Actually, when I think back on my figures now, I figure you'll get a level 7, without spending diamonds, if you collect everyday and do all the quests, if we get over 6,000 drinks and use the most efficient goal players that would be 2 upgrades from the quest progress bar and 4 from upgrades from goals @ just over 1000 drinks per goal. Then maybe you might get one from leagues but I'm not counting on that myself as it's now 5 goals needed to get one and still 3 weeks left and there's more players on Live so I'm thinking it will go over 7 goals needed to get into Silver.

But still, even if all we get is a lvl 7 I'll still be happy with it, it's the same fp's as SoK -1 motivation, +10 goods, +all the other stuff.

DeletedUser8055

Well I have no interest in football, no idea about the game, and the whole event is just so boring! I def won't bother on live. Seems like a very small chance of winning the daily prize and of course I always get the useless items instead. Still not reached the first big prize. The picture when you log in is horrible. Just not enjoying the whole thing personally.