• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Soccer Cup

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser16

Thanks very much for the nerf on the contestants estate, not ..... can i advise you that it will be a cold day in hell before i spend anther penny on this game if it remains.
This is a complete rip-off and is a repeat of the plaza debacle, if the intent is to create bad feeling this will do it. If i buy a product with, for example, 4 wheels i do not expect the manufacturer to turn up and take 1 away after they've had my money.
I will now investigate what if any consumer protection covers this and will be raising a complaint if at all possible, meanwhile hasn't the time come where IG as a company put a wealth health warning on these events ?
Hi!
I understand that you are unhappy with the change. While I see your point, I would like to mention that the Beta server is specifically meant to be a pre-release test server. As such, it is to be expected the balancing, stats, the way things work may change before the live release. Beta is the first place where we can clearly see how things work (or don't) in conditions similar to the live environment. We avoid changes on live servers as much as we can, and that is also why Beta exists. If it wasn't for changes that are done in the Beta phase, we would probably end up executing them everywhere, on all language versions later. This would be of course far worse. In short: Beta helps us catch all sorts of issues before they get released elsewhere.
Therefore, we will change things on Beta from time to time (sometimes just once, sometimes more often - depending on what turns out to be necessary). We of course try to make sure that balancing is good even before the Beta phase (and I think we often succeed), but we can never be 100% successful, despite our best efforts.
I also had a look at how we communicate about these things, and we will put more emphasis on the 'non-final nature' of Beta in the future.
Thanks for your comment, and I hope it makes reasons behind this more clear :).

DeletedUser7239

But hey, wait a minute! Have you checked - maybe they give more MEDALS?

BECAUSE WE NEED MORE MEDALS!

Sarcasm mode off.

Very fast to delete, i wish it was like this in other game problems
So to sum it up, since my last one was deleted.
Someone spent 170K diamonds very vey inteligent (sarcasm mode on).
About the medals i can give a sugestion were to put them.. first letter A and last letter S.

Hi!
I understand that you are unhappy with the change. While I see your point, I would like to mention that the Beta server is specifically meant to be a pre-release test server. As such, it is to be expected the balancing, stats, the way things work may change before the live release. Beta is the first place where we can clearly see how things work (or don't) in conditions similar to the live environment. We avoid changes on live servers as much as we can, and that is also why Beta exists. If it wasn't for changes that are done in the Beta phase, we would probably end up executing them everywhere, on all language versions later. This would be of course far worse. In short: Beta helps us catch all sorts of issues before they get released elsewhere.
Therefore, we will change things on Beta from time to time (sometimes just once, sometimes more often - depending on what turns out to be necessary). We of course try to make sure that balancing is good even before the Beta phase (and I think we often succeed), but we can never be 100% successful, despite our best efforts.
I also had a look at how we communicate about these things, and we will put more emphasis on the 'non-final nature' of Beta in the future.

Hey,
Yeah its funny how is always nerfing.. why not the other way around?
Do you guys read the posts or just the ones that you like? i say this because... its months of nonsense lately, and worst alot of angry players.
Even more important do you guys even play this game?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Hey,
Do you guys read the posts or just the ones that you like? i say this because... its months of nonsense lately, and worst alot of angry players.

It's not always nerfing. The Menagerie got a small buff post-debut. Kraken got a buff. Forgebowl got upgrades added to the daily special enabling completing pillars more reasonably and significant reworks to the mechanics and display.

More often than not it's no change rather than buffs or nerfs - even when we can't understand why they think we'd want what they're shovelling. But ultimately they set the rules and opportunities and it's only up to us to figure out how best to use them - including when it's not worth our time and effort to try. They certainly have statistics on how many people play in each event, so less people completing events/spending diamonds on events should ring through eventually.

DeletedUser7239

It's not always nerfing. The Menagerie got a small buff post-debut. Kraken got a buff. Forgebowl got upgrades added to the daily special enabling completing pillars more reasonably and significant reworks to the mechanics and display.

More often than not it's no change rather than buffs or nerfs - even when we can't understand why they think we'd want what they're shovelling. But ultimately they set the rules and opportunities and it's only up to us to figure out how best to use them - including when it's not worth our time and effort to try. They certainly have statistics on how many people play in each event, so less people completing events/spending diamonds on events should ring through eventually.

I agree with you in some way.
if they make the rules, why ask for opinions?they do theirs way anyway. its best to lock down the forum and allow only the boot liking guys only to express their opinions, because this is getting nowhere fast.
I do not even dare to think what they will nerf this year on the summer event.
Ps: i did not talk about Gb but events buildings.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
if they make the rules, why ask for opinions?they do theirs way anyway. its best to lock down the forum and allow only the boot liking guys only to express their opinions, because this is getting nowhere fast.

They've said before that their development timeline often means that feedback we give for current events only shows results in future events. That it's hard for us to see any such connection if one exists is a shortcoming of the process if they want more feedback on them. Mostly when it comes to events I make some quick comments on my thoughts on the buildings without expecting them to change and then pay attention to working out any new event mechanics so I know how to play them 'right' on live for my goals.

DeletedUser8262

Hi!

Thanks for replying

I understand your point about balancing but having already had an almost exact copy of this not too long ago, offering 5% then nerfing to 3%, i'm sure you'll understand why i believe that either someone is grossly incompetent in repeating it or alternatively IG is deliberately setting out to defraud its paying customers.
We all know that beta is a test site, after all we put up with a lot of buggy new content, so why not establish a policy of what happens in beta stay in beta, it would make a lot more sense to rebalance stuff in readiness for release on the live servers but leave the original version alone in beta when players have spent diamonds. It cannot be fair that the paying customers in live are fully aware of what they're getting in advance while beta players have to accept the gamble that IG aren't making yet another "mistake" before parting with their money

DeletedUser5383

Hi!

Fine we all know it's Beta, and that could mean anything from bugs to nerfing. What you are missing is people spent MONEY, REAL MONEY to purchase some of these items, and then you nerf the items, basically making them not what the buyers wanted, and in 99.9% of cases would NOT have brought if they were advertised as they are now.
Inno have done this on other occasions, and is not only underhand but dishonest. I have advocated for years you should have a players panel to help scrutinize any new developments or items you intend to bring out before you release on Beta, this would help you to gauge the reaction, or as has happened on many occasions you make mistakes, I mention the Crystal Villa, or when you couldn't see who you visited without going into every one of your friends Taverns, just a couple out of the many.
These were spotted straight away by players, and got a lot of stick for it, yeah I know, you don't give a .... because you can hide behind your corporate glass while you rake in the euros off the people you mug off.
It is very apparent that the silence is deafening when you don't communicate on players concerns, and that really ...... people off, 'but never mind aye, they will go away when we next bring out some new stuff that's not needed or relevant to the game'.

Want to fix this?
Then take away the ability to buy diamonds on Beta, then you can do what you want, no hassle, or will you still hang on to dishonest trading?

DeletedUser8461

Hey,

I was going to reply to this part, but then xivarmy brought up some of the examples I wanted to, and the discussion moved on because I was taking too long to write out my post. :)

Yep! Most of the people working on Forge play it as well. We've got a network of community managers feeding us player feedback, so playing Forge isn't a 100% required thing for most of the internal Forge development team, but most of us play it. We've even got an OK mix of player types and interests - some casual players, some hardcore. The meetings can get.. interesting.. to outside observers, because sometimes we'll end up using language in the way you'd expect to find it on the forums. "Hm yeah, you're right, we could build it like that, but that would be crap.", or "This sucks, how do we fix it?"

In our playing, we're spread across a couple different language versions. Some play purely for the fun of it, others play more with the intention of engaging with other players and hearing about their problems, and thereby allowing us to do our job better.

Personally, I play here on Beta in a small guild with a few of my colleagues. Our group decided to have our "real" Forge cities on Beta, instead of on the English and German servers, because it allows us to experience features and events "for real" when there's still a chance to change things. So it gives us an extra chance to realize "Hm this was cool on paper, this was cool on the internal test servers, but it doesn't feel right after playing with it in my "real" city for a few days, and I can totally understand the feedback we're getting about this."

We ask for feedback because we're interested in the feedback! It's just not the only thing we take into account when making a decision. We bundle it in with other considerations, like "how attractive is this building supposed to be?".

For example: not every building is expected to be a Shrine of Knowledge. Some buildings are supposed to be amazing, others are supposed to be interesting for all, and others might only be interesting depending on the situation your city is in. Something we get feedback about sometimes is that a building we introduce isn't literally the best building in the game, so it "isn't worth it". That might very well be the case for the players on the upper end of the game, but that's not the case for someone who is still putting their city together.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7239

I was going to reply to this part, but then xivarmy brought up some of the examples I wanted to, and the discussion moved on. :)

Yep! Most of the people working on Forge play it as well. We've got a network of community managers feeding us player feedback, so playing Forge isn't something a 100% required thing for most of the internal Forge development team, but most of us play it. We've even got an OK mix of player types and interests - some casual players, some hardcore. The meetings can get.. interesting.. to outside observers, because sometimes we'll end up using language in the way you'd expect to find it on the forums. "Hm yeah, you're right, we could build it like that, but that would be crap.", or "This sucks, how do we fix it?"

In our playing, we're spread across a couple different language versions. Some play purely for the fun of it, others play more with the intention of engaging with other players and hearing about their problems, and thereby allowing us to do our job better.

Personally, I play here on Beta in a small guild with a few of my colleagues. Our group decided to have our "real" Forge cities on Beta, instead of on the English and German servers, because it allows us to experience features and events "for real" when there's still a chance to change things. So it gives us an extra chance to realize "Hm this was cool on paper, this was cool on the internal test servers, but it doesn't feel right after playing with it in my "real" city for a few days, and I can totally understand the feedback we're getting about this."

We ask for feedback because we're interested in the feedback! It's just not the only thing we take into account when making a decision. We bundle it in with other considerations, like "how attractive is this building supposed to be?". For example: not every building is expected to be the Shrine of Knowledge. Some buildings are supposed to be amazing, others are supposed to be interesting for all, and others might only be interesting depending on the situation your city is in. Something we get feedback about sometimes is how when a building we introduce isn't literally the best building in the game, it "isn't worth it". That might very well be the case for the players on the upper end of the game, but that's not the case for someone who is still putting their city together.

Hi, thanks for your reply your the first one to give a straight answer without hidding in shame, for that i salut you.
Second, if you and your team mates play this game so you know there are alot of issues, the most serious to me is the the arc giving OF goods, instead of having a mixed building that allow to choose what you want to donate.

Third, why you guys nerf the buildings? its true that you did that first now on beta, but take a look from outside. players feel cheated and confidence is lost, because if you change once you can change again for worst.

Forth, this new event is impossible to get all the levels, i would not say for free, because you need to make money, but at least change the % or the diamond cost to be even, as it is its not fair.
Since 17 fall all events seem more a money grab event.

DeletedUser5383

See how they avoid the issue of scamming people for money?

DeletedUser3741

Hi!

Sadly is not the first time that happen.. Have happen again when Industrial Era was introdused on live servers.. After 2-3 weeks of the era release ALL the premioum buildings of Industrial Era was nerf.. Huge rip off for the diamond spenders ... Also rank points and production of those buildings was nerfed too.. Not to mention the GBs nerf months after the live release .. The huge nerf since a LOT people was spend a LOT money to build them .. So is not happen only on beta.. Its like some people buying a Ferrari and after a week they end with a motor of a Fiat under the hood

DeletedUser7239

Sadly is not the first time that happen.. Have happen again when Industrial Era was introdused on live servers.. After 2-3 weeks of the era release ALL the premioum buildings of Industrial Era was nerf.. Huge rip off for the diamond spenders ... Also rank points and production of those buildings was nerfed too.. Not to mention the GBs nerf months after the live release .. The huge nerf since a LOT people was spend a LOT money to build them .. So is not happen only on beta.. Its like some people buying a Ferrari and after a week they end with a motor of a Fiat under the hood

I started to play this game back in 2014, so i went to check back the whole forum and it is seems to me now, they do this on purpose, too many times they did this, without any compensation to players..
i found this pearl.
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changes-to-gbs.3301/
How many did quit after this?
Even the HOF went nerfed? change the game name to forge of the nerfed.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
And so yet again, a popular building that players will pay real money for is nerfed. I learned my lesson well & truly with the plaza debacle. Having invested significant real money to acquire some of those beauties and then to have them reduced in value, I was very politely told sorry, that's the way that beta is. I vowed then to never give Inno even another single penny and boy am I glad that I stuck with it? I was seriously tempted to open my wallet for the little contestants estate building. Was even thinking of buying enough to swap out my useless and very expensive plaza's but when it came to it I simply did not trust Inno. I thought that after the plaza farce, surely they would have made absolutely sure that this time the values are correct. No, my nagging doubts proved right. The thing that really makes me cross is the point blank refusal to consider any kind of compensation when they are totally in control of the situation. As someone said very clearly earlier in this thread - their action is paramount to theft. It is fundamentally wrong to accept money from players and then not supply that which was purchased and to offer no compensation for the loss. I have been here almost from the very start and I am sad to think that maybe my time here is coming to an end. Inno have proven time and again that they can't be trusted and seem to have no understanding of even basic customer care. It would be so simple for them to decide that any building acquired before the nerf stays with the original value and those gained afterwards have the new value. After all, they keep telling us that this is a test server so what harm would the game suffer?

Feanor II

Baronet
I'm not really surprised after the Plaza debacle. Seriously, how do you do the exact same thing two events later? Get us all excited then shoot it down.

Remember the old saying: "If it seems too good to be true...Inno will probably nerf it".

Fairy Lily

Steward
I'm not really surprised after the Plaza debacle. Seriously, how do you do the exact same thing two events later? Get us all excited then shoot it down.

Remember the old saying: "If it seems too good to be true...Inno will probably nerf it".

And exactly what you are saying is the issue. If it now happened for the first time with a type of building, that is one thing.
But this building is almost a copy of the other, same stats! How can it be that the same building gets nerfed twice? You would think they realized it after the first building.

DeletedUser7779

Honestly I am not surprised at all about the nerf. Just wondering why something so simple needed 2 weeks of "testing" to find out. Especially after the same winner plaza nerf. And inno still claims their devs are playing the game heh. Either way, I very much hope this means you're adding the upgrades as daily specials because otherwise the event would be just crap.
With the CEs nerfed and tholos not available to upgrade for free, what else is left? Farm cities would go for the shrink kits, some will go for SoKs and that's it! Most end game players don't even need SoKs (i surely don't need more on my main). So sad that such a huge event is offering so little.

EDIT:
a suggestion to make the Contestant's Estate a little more attractive: increase the population.
A good value for OF would be 1560 population. I used the urban island as a base (260 pop/tile).

Again, with this nerf the event is worse than Forge Bowl, and longer in the same time. Doesn't make much sense.

DeletedUser8277

I had typed up a angry rant myself about the nerf but after reading @Robert 's no nonsense, no excuses post I thought better of it. Getting real responses from members of the team, as Robert has often proven himself time and time over as quite adept at providing, it a great way to remind us the people working on this game are just that, people. Not autonomous bots on mission buzzkill.

The silver lining is this is the beta server and this is what it is for. If this had happened once it went live it would have been a much bigger deal. That being said this is a big nerf to what was the non-diamond best obtainable building in this event. I think limiting the buildings quantity or availability to 1 or 2 per player would have been a better solution.

They have changed things for the better based on feedback, seed vault, kraken to name the first two to pop into mind. As much as I can understand the outcry over people paying diamonds to me that is certainly a valid issue when this happens on the live server. Beta is not live and we are all aware of what we signed up for playing on this server. There is a reason diamonds here cost a fraction of what they do on live. If you choose to buy diamonds here knowing the instability of a testing server I think it's save to say you do so at your own informed risk.

DeletedUser1418

This nerving action is nothing less than putting 1 kilo on a bag then fill it with 500 grams and sell it as a kilo...
InnoGames will never get money from me... never!
@Manda the first : These "nerving" which i call stealing actions happens on the live servers too...

Mr.Quib

Squire
At the moment the Hobby league is empty. Shouldn't be possible, because it should contain the bottom 50% of all players. Gold league has 83 people in it, this is far more than the 1% it should be. How and when are the leagues updated?

Edit: 50 FP as a Goal Reward, really?

Last edited: