• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
fantastic addition !!
Like many others I would like to see the option to delete a building in temporary storage.
Imagine spending an hour rearranging your city to find you had something big like a maelstrom dynamo left over that you didn't need but didn't have a big enough space to put it in to be able to save your new design and then delete it in the normal fashion. Having to undo your changes to delete it from the original layout and then having to start again would be frustrating.
Similarly being able to use a store building on something that you'd left in temp storage would be handy.
I wish I'd had this on live last week when I rearranged my OF city to fit in the new set buildings, it would of been so much quicker and easier.
But thank you Inno, great new tool

DeletedUser

if a military building is stored, it takes into account the alca?

When you place buildings into the reconstruction mode they are still technically active in your city. They still produce, timers still count down, they can even be plundered. So yes, the Alca would still produce output based on any military buildings in your city, whether you have them in reconstruction mode or not.

DeletedUser8910

Great innovation - makes up for the lame events - thumbs up and stoked to use it in my regular worlds

DeletedUser

When you place buildings into the reconstruction mode they are still technically active in your city. They still produce, timers still count down, they can even be plundered. So yes, the Alca would still produce output based on any military buildings in your city, whether you have them in reconstruction mode or not.
we can collect buildings in reconstruction mode ?

qaccy

Emperor
we can collect buildings in reconstruction mode ?

I imagine not. Similar to when using the normal build menu, you can't collect from a building while you have the sell or move options selected, or while you have a building attached to your cursor. This is just a very large-scale verison of this same functionality. You have to exit out to be able to collect, so if you're at risk of being plundered I'd recommend waiting until you don't have to worry about collections completing during a remodel.

But expanding on what Zarok said, your city is not changed at all until you actually 'finish' using reconstruction mode and save your changes. Until that time, any players looking at your city are going to see it exactly as it was before you started fiddling with things which of course means that it's going to continue running normally as well.

DeletedUser

if we can't collect the answer is wrong:
... So yes, the Alca would still produce output based on any military buildings in your city, whether you have them in reconstruction mode or not.

it must be something like
No, Alca doesn't produce any units in reconstruction mode because it can't be collected. And to leave reconstruction mode you need to have put back all buildings in the city. So a military building can't be stored when you collect Alca.

(and the timer reaching zero doesn't make Alca produce anything. Alca produces the units when you collect)

laclongquan

Steward
Would this feature defeat the "strategy" idea the game originally came out with that you have to manage to build your city with the space you have? Making the game too easy will make people get bored easily and leave the game sooner? Just my thought, could be an unpopular opinion as I see everyone love it so far.

DeletedUser

Would this feature defeat the "strategy" idea the game originally came out with that you have to manage to build your city with the space you have?
you still only have the space you have ;)

it only helps to rearrange it much easier (like the swap feature. in the beginning it wasn't possible to exchange 2 buildings with swapping them)
many of us used a city planer and redesigned there and according to that result we rearranged the actual city

now we can do everything in the game

Making the game too easy will make people get bored easily and leave the game sooner?
rearranging the city isn't easy

took me hours every time I did a complete redesign in the city planer
and there you can save and continue later, and doesn't affect your game: you can collect, donate FP, fight,...

with this feature in the current form you MUST do it at once and can't do anything else (like FP donating to make profit)
so it makes it easier but sure not too easy

Last edited by a moderator:

Borowski

Squire
Awesome, thank you!

There is one function that I miss in reconstruction mode:
If you have moved half of the city into the reconstruction menu, and then just move buildings around in your city, then 2 buildings (with the same size of course) can't directly change places.
In the "normal" menu this is still possible an in my eyes this would make sense in the reconstruction mode, too.

Lupus17

Farmer
A really, really nice new feature.

It would be even better if I could:

A) Store all Buildings at once, if a like to rebuild the whole city.

B) Have 1-lane and 2 –lane Buildings stored separately.

C) Could upgrade the Streets during the time of storage.

D) Could sell/destroy Building in the storage area.

E) Move extension tile when they are not longer covert with structures.

F) A 2D Overview would be very effective during rebuilding the City.

G) If I could see the Total Population and Happiness during this time. Means, I would know did I need really this additional housing or cultural Building/Decoration to archive certain goals?

DeletedUser8930

Wonderfull :) cant bwait to get it on all servers .
But idd it would be nice to see the sell button and inventory. maybe even to use the store building thing .
Good work inno thank you:)

DeletedUser1418

Some may have already mentioned it before me - there needs to be a sell or delete option while being stored in construction menu. It is very likely that you want to sell some "leftovers" in the constructors menu, else you cant save your city! I'd also love to see that you can move city expansions...

Finally at last I'm really positive about this update! Good job :)

DeletedUser8859

Will wait to see it at mobile. Like the changes I see commented here.
Things to consider:
  • "Sell" button available during Reconstruction mode, for example to delete extra roads that will be not longer needed due to space efficiency gained during reconstruction, selling extra buildings to insert others.
  • Access to "Inventory" to select buildings to insert to new layout.
  • Also would like the "Store All" or "Move All" to the Reconstruction Menu to start design from scratch. Maybe this button just leave the Town Hall in the city alone, everything else at Reconstruction menu to start placing it back to new layout.

DeletedUser8277

This seems awesome, some initial thoughts before I read everyone elses:

A 2D view would be a HUGE improvement.

Ability to access inventory items should be included. Often times when you're working on your city you're doing so to fit more things in, while you could go around and try to memorize the sizes and orientations of everything you want simply being able to import some buildings from inventory would make this faster.

When I went into the reconstruction mode it completely bugged out. Anything I swipped the mouse over moved it into the sidebar, there was no control. I still got the warnings for the set pieces but it doesn't look like the timing actually reset as it said it would.

It certainly needs some work but it's great that they noticed how difficult large cities have become to design with the tools provided in game and are working to fix it.

DeletedUser8859

One question: the reconstruction mode must be paid with diamonds in future?
No, it is unlocked with the "Mathematics" tech. Once unlocked we can start using it. No diamonds costs to unlock Mathematics.