• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8918

I am happy with this new feature and for me that really works well, it was easy to do and didn't take very long at all, as I am not very tech savvy that was of a great help to me.

DeletedUser6827

It will be also nice to be able to see the city from the top down view of the city map to easily spot empty 1 tiles behind large building

DeletedUser8199

I think the Gru and the Minions sum up my feelings on this one...

Awesome addition - thankyou :)

Uzii

Farmer
I tested it and it is wonderful feature! I think that store all button is not so important because you can slide whole city by mouse while holding left button and it will store everything that you sign by mouse movement.. So it is quite quick.
But I also recommend to add building menu for building trays in construction mode, because I found that I am missing roads after reconstruction and I cannot add them while reconstructing (and after city is completed it is hard to find some place where is missing road). Also it would be great to have the opportunity to save new city layout even with some stored roads (and they should be deleted after saving automatically) because sometimes you do not need so much roads but now you have to place everything even while it is not needed.. Thanks

DeletedUser8406

When I store some buildings, there are numbers like 1x, 8x, 14x which are in most cases incorrect. 14x paved road might be true, but 18x archery range?

And at least selling/buying/upgrading roads is needed from building mode. it would be fine to click "upgrade all" for roads and then select new type.

We have already "store building" items, so they will be very useful during recostruction.

DeletedUser8053

Very pleased to see this! Three cheers :D:D:D

I agree with some previous comments;
- Would be very good (very very very...) to have a save option, so you can finish your re-org later. Only needs 1 slot (though more would be awesome ;))
- Flat 'map' view would really make it easier clearly see what you're doing... I think this is more useful than the 'normal' view for construction mode!
- Ability to build new / from inventory direct into construction mode would be a major time saver - particularly with regards sets. Likewise using store items etc.
- Ability to delete from construction mode would be good (or abandon unused items when done)

DeletedUser6645

Luv it! It's gonna be so nice on the app.
However
1. (w)Rec(k) mode might be shown better so in the top righthand or lefthand corner in which mode you are.
2. If your city keeps on going on the background do you still get the notifications of a player visiting and motivating a building or plundering?
I guess not everyone would click on save and try to hurry back to their city if the notification comes that you were attacked.
3. Or like me forget the time of day (IRL) and have buildings to collect while I'm busy moving things around?
4. What other people mentioned: a Store all of 1 type (example roads or GB) and/or upgrade all.

DeletedUser8483

Very useful especially when you change age...from industrial to progressive the city change a lots. However in the successives ages it's useful to...oceanic it have many different buildings to accommodate in so small spaces.

Achaeus

Marquis
Nice feature! I have only had a short time to play with it, but it will sure be a lot easier to change around our cities. Thanks Inno.

One buggy thing is the reconstruction menu kind of blows up when it has more than 1 building in it.
Reconstruction.jpg

1.125.0fff818631 (11.04.2018 9:31), Achaeus (127556), zz1, en_US, WIN 29,0,0,140, Windows 7, Opera 52.0.2871.40, 1920x911, OpenGL (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

nice feature. thank you inno

managed to crash it already. stored all my GBs and large buildings. clicked on the GB tab to start placing them, and the menu disappeared. just a screen with the city and a mouse cursor. no menu or icons at the top.

DeletedUser6725

the save works only if you put evrything of your city in the reconstraction mode? thanks

DeletedUser7951

Great feature! Missed access to my inventory so I could see what I had in there and make room for it. Also the delete/sell would be great to have. Love it!

Vanstrodb

Farmer
When I Reverted to my city I was missing a Maelstrom Dynamo. I logged out and back in and it reappeared. I was going to place the MD in Reconstruction but then clicked Cancel Action. I think this was the last thing I did b4 Reverting.

Vanstrodb

Farmer
Showing bldg size and type of road on the thumbnail icons would make it much easier to decide what bldgs to place w/o having to open each icon for this info.

I would prefer each bldg type stored in its own category rather than combining categories.