• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8410

Are spires working in reconstruction mode? I tried it for the first time yesterday, stored everything in city but spire didn't show up in list of buildings so I had to revert.

On that note, having an available link to message center while in reconstruction mode on desktop would be extremely helpful. :)

DeletedUser9410

I love this mode, makes it so very easy to rearrange your city, especially after an event or if you have won new buildings or deleted some.
it would be nice if you could place buildings back into your inventory or place buildings from your inventory into your city whilst being in this mode. Also perhaps a delete option, i sometimes find after rearranging everything i have roads to place which i no longer need.
But a great idea, thank you very much.

Artubar

Baronet
As already mentioned by many others... the basic idea is nice and already a huge advantage over the regular building mode.
But it definitely lacks the option to delete (or never re-place) buildings, or at least roads, and the possibility to add new buildings from your inventory and building menu.
Deleting all roads and buildings you possibly won't need anymore beforehand, and then rebulding / connecting them again after reconstruction perverts the whole idea of keeping your city functioning while trying out some new layouts... :confused:

DeletedUser8859

I want to know why it was released to Live while still buggy

Maybe, although still buggy, was considered a much better than previous option that included to move only one building at a time, and (in PC version only) able to place a building and pickup at the same time the previous one using that space. At the app version not possible to use the pick and place method available at PC.

Now you can move a strip of buildings to the Reconstruction mode holding area, or even the complete city, and start placing them back with ample space to move around.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Now you can move a strip of buildings to the Reconstruction mode holding area, or even the complete city, and start placing them back with ample space to move around.

I realize you think that I'm stupid, but really, I'm not. Just frustrated as hell that it's nearly useless for me on other servers.

DeletedUser8859

Hi,
in this mode, I see it miss something: to know if a building have a road to city hall or not

True, Decorations (no road required) and Cultural Buildings (roads required) are mixed in the same tab. My solutions proposed (and some argued against by myself).

Option 0: Activate the Buildings Tooltip while in Reconstruction Mode to see the road requirement (and size 1x1 vs 2x2) or no road required.

Option 1: Add a new tab to separate Decorations (no road required) from Cultural Buildings (roads required)
  • But: There are space constraints. I think it will be easier to change the location of a building type into a tab in the Reconstruction Mode than to add a new tab.
Option 2: Move Cultural buildings to the top tab that have the Residential, Production, Goods, and Military Buildings leaving Decorations / no road required items alone in the current one.
  • But: The first tab is already too crowded. Most buildings of any city get mixed in there. Please don't.
Option 3: Move Decorations/no roads required to the Roads Tab.
  • But: Decorations are more related to Cultural Buildings than to roads.
  • However, The Roads tab is the less crowded of all tabs. Usually a player has one, two or three roads types at a city.
  • And it is much easier to see what is a Road piece and what is a Decoration, less mistakes than between a what is a Decorations (no road required) vs what is a Cultural Buildings (roads required).
  • Just keep the Roads at the top of the list in the tab, and then to list the Decorations/no roads required next.
My preference: Option 0 or Option 3.

Last edited by a moderator: