• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rebalance of GE

• Thread starter DeletedUser4923
  • Start date

DeletedUser5097

So would the stuff in the shop be rotated every week or always available?

Note: I REALLY like that list that you put together of building ideas, kudos :)
I did not think about it yet, but I will.:) I think that it's good that the shop will
apear every week and go when GE is closed and apear when GE is started for that
week.
The basics should to be always in the shop. The buildings and kits can maybe
rotated like a Week Special. The GE kits become usefull when you own some GE
buildings.
Even if there won't coming a shop, Innogames' team can take some of the suggestions
and replace some rewards in GE for it and maybe in some relics. However I like the
idea of a shop much more and collecting GE coins for it. That makes it harder to
get a GE building/kit and makes it more a victory than just ''yeah I won something.'':p
It is also a good motivation for playing GE and players can get a goal.
A suggestion for the GE shop. It can maybe hide in GE. Like the shops of events. If you
want buy some stuff in the shop you can open it when GE is running. Also is it a idea
to put some GE coins in relics (rare relics must give the most) and maybe in a low
number as rewards.

Thank you :) I'm glad that you like my suggestions. It was a bit hard to coming with
this suggestions and making a (short) list for usefull GE stuff.

By the way, for overview
Basics
Attemps (basic huh, you can buy it with medalls, but if you don't want that this can be a altarnative)
BP of the Relic temple (your playing GE and you can use maybe this GB, maybe you have one and want higher levels)
GE points (helps your guild to get the last few points, doesn't affect the ranking for GE, only the power output)
Extra negotiate attemp (only 1-2 for each negotiate can be used, because if it can be unlimeted it makes it to easy)

Buildings
A GE building that lower the bonus of GE armies (can be buyed only once, the higher the age of that building it bring the
the bonus of the foe armies in GE lower, not to much xd, maybe AF -30% and in iron age -2%, works only if the foe's army have
a bonus)
GE unit (a unit that grow with ages and fight stronger in GE battles)
GE unit base (can be helpfull to get more of them)
Building like a HoF, but doesn't produce guildpower but GE points each day
GE building that raise the rewards a bit (if you will spend you rare space to get a bit more suplies/coins/medalls of rewards)

Kits
GE buildin one up kit (the same as the one up kit, but can be used for GE buildings only)
GE renovation kit (same as reno kit, but can be used for GE buildings only)

The buildings should to be expansive and it must be rare/hard to find the GE coins, that was suggested for
the shop, by Exegghead.:) The shop won't affeact at this way event shops, if you can buy only GE stuff and
not event or diamond or normal buildings. Also it would be good that you can buy some coins for the shop
with diamonds, good for Inno a new diamond option.:p

Note, the suggestions above are just random. Innogames' team can decide what the want to use or
don't. It makes in my oppinion GE more fun. A shop makes it more fun and if I can buy there exclusive
stuff for GE it would be more intressting. The number of lower bonus of GE armies are just some example.
I trust that Innogames' team can make a better number, if the use the suggestion.:p It can help players if
GE is too hard for them to keep playing it to the end, but it takes some space of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7649

I did not think about it yet, but I will.:) I think that it's good that the shop will
apear every week and go when GE is closed and apear when GE is started for that
week.
The basics should to be always in the shop. The buildings and kits can maybe
rotated like a Week Special. The GE kits become usefull when you own some GE
buildings.
Even if there won't coming a shop, Innogames' team can take some of the suggestions
and replace some rewards in GE for it and maybe in some relics. However I like the
idea of a shop much more and collecting GE coins for it. That makes it harder to
get a GE building/kit and makes it more a victory than just ''yeah I won something.'':p
It is also a good motivation for playing GE and players can get a goal.
A suggestion for the GE shop. It can maybe hide in GE. Like the shops of events. If you
want buy some stuff in the shop you can open it when GE is running. Also is it a idea
to put some GE coins in relics (rare relics must give the most) and maybe in a low
number as rewards.

Thank you :) I'm glad that you like my suggestions. It was a bit hard to coming with
this suggestions and making a (short) list for usefull GE stuff.

By the way, for overview
Basics
Attemps (basic huh, you can buy it with medalls, but if you don't want that this can be a altarnative)
BP of the Relic temple (your playing GE and you can use maybe this GB, maybe you have one and want higher levels)
GE points (helps your guild to get the last few points, doesn't affect the ranking for GE, only the power output)
Extra negotiate attemp (only 1-2 for each negotiate can be used, because if it can be unlimeted it makes it to easy)

Buildings
A GE building that lower the bonus of GE armies (can be buyed only once, the higher the age of that building it bring the
the bonus of the foe armies in GE lower, not to much xd, maybe AF -30% and in iron age -2%, works only if the foe's army have
a bonus)
GE building that raise the rewards a bit (if you will spend you rare space to get a bit more suplies/coins/medalls of rewards)

Kits
GE buildin one up kit (the same as the one up kit, but can be used for GE buildings only)

The buildings should to be expansive and it must be rare/hard to find the GE coins, that was suggested for
the shop, by Exegghead.:) The shop won't affeact at this way event shops, if you can buy only GE stuff and
not event or diamond or normal buildings. Also it would be good that you can buy some coins for the shop

Note, the suggestions above are just random. Innogames' team can decide what the want to use or
don't. It makes in my oppinion GE more fun. A shop makes it more fun and if I can buy there exclusive
stuff for GE it would be more intressting. The number of lower bonus of GE armies are just some example.
I trust that Innogames' team can make a better number, if the use the suggestion.:p It can help players if
GE is too hard for them to keep playing it to the end, but it takes some space of them.
I just thought of something, maybe put bps for a new GE gb in there too, maybe one you can't buy bps for with diamonds. So thinking of your rewards GE building, make it a gb like chateau. Perhaps it can only be leveled with Aztec Coins as well? Just a thought...

DeletedUser5097

I just thought of something, maybe put bps for a new GE gb in there too, maybe one you can't buy bps for with diamonds. So thinking of your rewards GE building, make it a gb like chateau. Perhaps it can only be leveled with Aztec Coins as well? Just a thought...
What do you think of Angkor Wat?:D
greatbuildings.jpg
I do not see why not. It makes the list of possible stuff that you can buy
in a GE shop for GE stuff bigger and more usefull. Would be great. The bonus
can be what you did said, or maybe something avtive. Because Chichén
Itzá (relic temple) give you a passive GE bonus. Like guildgoods of previous
age, because GE will been payed with previous guildgoods.;)
That you can lvl it with the Aztec Coins is maybe a bit to hard, but if
the Aztec coins are not rare (brings the price in numbers up in the GE shop)
than maybe it is possible.
Maybe the BP's should to be a Week Special too, because it would be to easy
to avoid buying missing BP's for diamonds, but yeah indirect it is possible with
a GE shop to buy BP's for GE GB's with Aztec coins.

DeletedUser7649

What do you think of Angkor Wat?:D
greatbuildings.jpg

I do not see why not. It makes the list of possible stuff that you can buy
in a GE shop for GE stuff bigger and more usefull. Would be great. The bonus
can be what you did said, or maybe something avtive. Because Chichén
Itzá (relic temple) give you a passive GE bonus. Like guildgoods of previous
age, because GE will been payed with previous guildgoods.;)
That you can lvl it with the Aztec Coins is maybe a bit to hard, but if
the Aztec coins are not rare (brings the price in numbers up in the GE shop)
than maybe it is possible.
Maybe the BP's should to be a Week Special too, because it would be to easy
to avoid buying missing BP's for diamonds, but yeah indirect it is possible with
a GE shop to buy BP's for GE GB's with Aztec coins.

Cool pics :D

As for the idea...

So I disagree with putting both a Chateau like bonus AND GE goods bonus on the same gb for two reasons:

1. With ToR, Inno has already shown they believe relics to be worth a massive value, literally the only reason to build ToR is if you agree. In order for the GE goods bonus to be on this second gb, I think it would also have to be on ToR as well.
2. This parallels the first point, Chateau has two boosts, because the coins are not in staggering amounts (Unless you get it up super high but for this discussion let's assume lvl 10 or so) With St. Marks and houses or whatever buildings you want to get coins from (SOKs etc), the boost on Chateau looks puny (Once again at lvl 10). Quest rewards boost is a great boost, why do you build chateau, for the coins? yeah right. As such, putting a second bonus, unless it is minimal (Like the chateau one) would be the only way to make this gb consistent with all the others, and as Inno did not put a second boost on ToR, it's obvious they consider relics worth quite a bit by themselves.

As for the rest of the post: If you get a boost on the amount of Aztec Coins you get from a relic, there is no need to make things more expensive in the shop, I can pretty much guarantee that if coins are the boosted part, everyone is going to want to use their coins for leveling up their 'Relic Chateau' :)

DeletedUser5097

Deleted
Cool pics :D

As for the idea...

So I disagree with putting both a Chateau like bonus AND GE goods bonus on the same gb for two reasons:

1. With ToR, Inno has already shown they believe relics to be worth a massive value, literally the only reason to build ToR is if you agree. In order for the GE goods bonus to be on this second gb, I think it would also have to be on ToR as well.
2. This parallels the first point, Chateau has two boosts, because the coins are not in staggering amounts (Unless you get it up super high but for this discussion let's assume lvl 10 or so) With St. Marks and houses or whatever buildings you want to get coins from (SOKs etc), the boost on Chateau looks puny (Once again at lvl 10). Quest rewards boost is a great boost, why do you build chateau, for the coins? yeah right. As such, putting a second bonus, unless it is minimal (Like the chateau one) would be the only way to make this gb consistent with all the others, and as Inno did not put a second boost on ToR, it's obvious they consider relics worth quite a bit by themselves.

As for the rest of the post: If you get a boost on the amount of Aztec Coins you get from a relic, there is no need to make things more expensive in the shop, I can pretty much guarantee that if coins are the boosted part, everyone is going to want to use their coins for leveling up their 'Relic Chateau' :)
Thank you, this pictures was given by a event. Long time ago, just a bit time before progressive era
was released.

1.) Yeah, that's the spirit of the GE stuff. It has only value for GE and if you agreed what it can do for you, so
I support a bonus that a second GE GB will give you something that realy help you on GE.

2.) I agree, the second effective boosts are for the most GB's not great, but the Cape of PME can be helpfull. I agree
that a active bonus that support your guild in order to collect guildgoods for GE is maybe not a good idea at all, because
it can be used on GvG too. However it isn't that helpfull for players beyond AF for the GvG. If the second GE GB give
a passive bonus that help you on GE it would be fine.:) And in my oppinion, why should Innogames' FoE team don't
use the GB that I did show? If the have already used the another GB for the relic temple? The designe is ready, only
the bonus is needed.

Sl8yer

Regent
I am against his suggestion to remove the watchfire from the gold relics. CM on his liveserver told him it wouldn't happen, so now he is trying it here. As someone who is against his suggestion I am just telling the facts. Nothing else.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2016-10-16 - removed the quote, since it refers to a deleted post.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Whenever anyone feels a post is off-topic or otherwise violates the forum rules, please use the 'report' underneath such a post ;)

Edit: NormaJeane - 2016-10-16 - removed the quote, since it refers to a deleted post.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7649

Deleted

Thank you, this pictures was given by a event. Long time ago, just a bit time before progressive era
was released.

1.) Yeah, that's the spirit of the GE stuff. It has only value for GE and if you agreed what it can do for you, so
I support a bonus that a second GE GB will give you something that realy help you on GE.

2.) I agree, the second effective boosts are for the most GB's not great, but the Cape of PME can be helpfull. I agree
that a active bonus that support your guild in order to collect guildgoods for GE is maybe not a good idea at all, because
it can be used on GvG too. However it isn't that helpfull for players beyond AF for the GvG. If the second GE GB give
a passive bonus that help you on GE it would be fine.:) And in my oppinion, why should Innogames' FoE team don't
use the GB that I did show? If the have already used the another GB for the relic temple? The designe is ready, only
the bonus is needed.

So back on topic :p

+1

The idea for not only a new gb, but also for Aztec Coins would be a great improvement for the game :)

There are still a few things to get worked out such as:

1. Amount of ACs per relic.
2. Amount of ACs per item in shop
3. Items in shop.
4.How this new gb would relate to it all.

Either way, I think we should go ahead and get those things straightened out :)

Note: Darkstar/anyone who knows, how many +1s does an idea need before it goes to the Devs for consideration?

DeletedUser5097

So back on topic :p

+1

The idea for not only a new gb, but also for Aztec Coins would be a great improvement for the game :)

There are still a few things to get worked out such as:

1. Amount of ACs per relic.
2. Amount of ACs per item in shop
3. Items in shop.
4.How this new gb would relate to it all.

Either way, I think we should go ahead and get those things straightened out :)

Note: Darkstar/anyone who knows, how many +1s does an idea need before it goes to the Devs for consideration?
Yeah, back on topic.

1.) Good point, maybe just give the same items as now for relics, but give ACs with it. Maybe
Jade one
Event building + 1/3 of ACs that is needed for a GE item of the shop
2.) Maybe like event shops balance.
3.) I have some ideas...
Basics
BP of second GE GB

Buildings
a bonus)

Kits
GE building one up kit (the same as the one up kit, but can be used for GE buildings only)
GE storebuilding kit (same as the storbuilding for events, but can be used for GE buildings only)

4.) Maybe a GB with a active bonus, or a passive bonus that help you with something in GE,
like rise the output of rewards of GE, or speed up the attemps (-10% time => -6 min.).

DeletedUser7649

Yeah, back on topic.

1.) Good point, maybe just give the same items as now for relics, but give ACs with it. Maybe
Jade one
Event building + 1/3 of ACs that is needed for a GE item of the shop
2.) Maybe like event shops balance.
3.) I have some ideas...

4.) Maybe a GB with a active bonus, or a passive bonus that help you with something in GE,
like rise the output of rewards of GE, or speed up the attemps (-10% time => -6 min.).

1. So why not ACs only?
2. Well the event shop balance is gonna be a real issue haha.
3. Nice list, think I agreed with this earlier :)
4. So any thoughts on bps from shop only? Or about leveling with ACs instead of fps?

DeletedUser5097

1. So why not ACs only?
2. Well the event shop balance is gonna be a real issue haha.
3. Nice list, think I agreed with this earlier :)
4. So any thoughts on bps from shop only? Or about leveling with ACs instead of fps?
1.) Because it's not so much fun if you are super lucky and get a jade relic and get only ACs ;)
2.) Haha indeed, but I think that the dev. team have more expirence for that than we and I'm sure that
the will make a good price for the items, if a GE shop apear.
3.) Thanks, I think it to.:p
4.) I don't know, I think that I've the GB needs ACs the ACs must be not rare, but that makes it much
easier and less special to get ACs, but maybe it is a idea that ACs are rare and you need some of them
to lvl up the GB without fp's, but I think much players will said that it's than to expensive.;)

Artubar

Baronet
1.) Because it's not so much fun if you are super lucky and get a jade relic and get only ACs ;)
For me, it would be much more fun to get some 300 ACs from a jade relic, compared to the 2-3 you could get from a common one, and even more compared to a, let's say oasis, which I have no space for. (And the one who has the space and wants an oasis, he can take his 300 ACs, enter the shop, and buy the thing he desires.)

In case you've ever been young - can you remember those days when you got your pocket money, took it to a store and bought something you really wanted?
(For now it's more the uncounted pairs of itchy woolen hand-knitted socks you got from Granny for Christmas. Intention might have been good, but... it's hard to smile and say Thank You, Granny!)

DeletedUser7649

2.) Haha indeed, but I think that the dev. team have more expirence for that than we and I'm sure that
the will make a good price for the items, if a GE shop apear.
3.) Thanks, I think it to.:p
4.) I don't know, I think that I've the GB needs ACs the ACs must be not rare, but that makes it much
easier and less special to get ACs, but maybe it is a idea that ACs are rare and you need some of them
to lvl up the GB without fp's, but I think much players will said that it's than to expensive.;)
For me, it would be much more fun to get some 300 ACs from a jade relic, compared to the 2-3 you could get from a common one, and even more compared to a, let's say oasis, which I have no space for. (And the one who has the space and wants an oasis, he can take his 300 ACs, enter the shop, and buy the thing he desires.)

In case you've ever been young - can you remember those days when you got your pocket money, took it to a store and bought something you really wanted?
(For now it's more the uncounted pairs of itchy woolen hand-knitted socks you got from Granny for Christmas. Intention might have been good, but... it's hard to smile and say Thank You, Granny!)

1. I agree with Ex, would be alot more fun to win 300 ACs than an oasis haha
2. As for the dev team being able to set good prices... Do I really need to comment? xD
4. Very good point, so either ACs are not rare and everything is expensive, or you only get a few but the purchasing power is alot, kind of like the US Dollar before it was taken off the gold standard. So which do you think would be a better system?

DeletedUser5097

Yeah it's how you did said it.:) In that case your even more lucky if you find 300 ACs in
a jade relic than just find a jade relic with a event building.:p In that case I
agree to, haha.

Yeah, Good old times.:p Spending money for stuff you realy wanted and learning how to deal with money.
That are good old times 2.:D It's sometimes hard to smile when you get a gift with good intentsion, but you
can't can do much with it.
Now I understand it even more what you mean.:) At the moment you get gifts out of relics, with good
intentions, but you can not doing that much with it. If you get ''money'' out of it to buy stuff in a store
in the game for what you realy wanted makes it you more happy. Thanks, it's a realy good point.

1. I agree with Ex, would be alot more fun to win 300 ACs than an oasis haha
2. As for the dev team being able to set good prices... Do I really need to comment? xD
4. Very good point, so either ACs are not rare and everything is expensive, or you only get a few but the purchasing power is alot, kind of like the US Dollar before it was taken off the gold standard. So which do you think would be a better system?
1.) Indeed :)
2.) Haha yeah that was what I did think to.xd
4.) Good point, coins/supplies are not rare, but it can be sometimes hard to collect the coins/supplies that you need for the TT.

============

Maybe we have now a idea for the second GE GB.:D A GB that makes it possible that you find ACs relics.:p Inno, there is still
a GB left from this picture that was given by Fortuna for the 1th birthday of FoE. Spoiler, because it's a too big image.:p
greatbuildings.jpg
We are making now lot of progress for suggestions for GE.:) If I read the posts, much players agree
with ACs and a GE shop and some like a second GE GB (Angkor Wat).

DeletedUser7649

Yeah it's how you did said it.:) In that case your even more lucky if you find 300 ACs in
a jade relic than just find a jade relic with a event building.:p In that case I
agree to, haha.

Yeah, Good old times.:p Spending money for stuff you realy wanted and learning how to deal with money.
That are good old times 2.:D It's sometimes hard to smile when you get a gift with good intentsion, but you
can't can do much with it.
Now I understand it even more what you mean.:) At the moment you get gifts out of relics, with good
intentions, but you can not doing that much with it. If you get ''money'' out of it to buy stuff in a store
in the game for what you realy wanted makes it you more happy. Thanks, it's a realy good point.

1.) Indeed :)
2.) Haha yeah that was what I did think to.xd
4.) Good point, coins/supplies are not rare, but it can be sometimes hard to collect the coins/supplies that you need for the TT.

============

Maybe we have now a idea for the second GE GB.:D A GB that makes it possible that you find ACs relics.:p Inno, there is still
a GB left from this picture that was given by Fortuna for the 1th birthday of FoE. Spoiler, because it's a too big image.:p
greatbuildings.jpg
We are making now lot of progress for suggestions for GE.:) If I read the posts, much players agree
with ACs and a GE shop and some like a second GE GB (Angkor Wat).

First of all, Dark or someone who knows, how many +1s does an idea need before it gets submitted to the Dev team?

Dark, I think we might need to get a little bit of stuff ironed out in regards to the GB itself.

What is your opinion of:

1. Only having bps bought with ACs in shop.
2. Leveling gb with ACs only.
3. Having the gb boost ACs already collected. (and make all rewards presently in a certain number of ACs)
4. Having the gb allow for the collection of ACs.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
First of all, Dark or someone who knows, how many +1s does an idea need before it gets submitted to the Dev team?
We don't do +1's here on the Beta forum. Anything that seems to generally have support and no one is pointing out any direct flaws with the idea is passed on to the dev team. They do read the forums themselves too so feedback can be noticed even if it has not been passed along yet.

That being said, as mentioned in another forum thread here there is already a plan being worked on regarding GE rewards. Will this match the ideas presented here? Can't say, we'll need to wait and see. There is always the potential for new ideas being implemented in the future but there is no guarantee for it.

what we really need to start seeing is 'nerfs'. We've essentially reached the point where giving more and more prizes just cheapens everything.

let's start giving out nerfs: ways to screw over your neighbour, key player in a rival guild, some annoying git on chat. Give out vouchers enabling you to steal fp's from someone's gb's, disable their gb's for a fixed time period, knock them back 5 fights in ge, sabotage some of their units making them weaker, destroy their roads delaying collection and so on. That is what will make the game fun and interesting.

Artubar

Baronet
That is what will make the game fun and interesting.
..until 50 players team up and turn your game into hell. Your guild will dismiss you, because they don't want to sacrifice their GE because of you getting knocked back all along; you won't be able to collect a single production anymore if you don't watch your city 24/7 to reconnect your Town Hall again after someone cutting it off...

Spend a fraction of a second on thinking, and join my conclusion:
NO!

DeletedUser7649

what we really need to start seeing is 'nerfs'. We've essentially reached the point where giving more and more prizes just cheapens everything.

let's start giving out nerfs: ways to screw over your neighbour, key player in a rival guild, some annoying git on chat. Give out vouchers enabling you to steal fp's from someone's gb's, disable their gb's for a fixed time period, knock them back 5 fights in ge, sabotage some of their units making them weaker, destroy their roads delaying collection and so on. That is what will make the game fun and interesting.

This post lacks an understanding of what FoE is.

FORGE OF EMPIRES IS NOT A WAR GAME!!!!

FoE is a city builder game with some combat thrown in for pizzaz.

The major difference between a war game and FoE is that combat is CENTRAL to the game mechanics. i.e. the only way to get more weapons is by fighting, the only way to level up is by fighting etc. FoE is not built like that, you can "complete" the game without ever fighting more than once (When the tutorial tells you to) While fighting is highly encouraged in FoE it is not NECESSARY TO THE MECHANICS OF PLAY, and that is an important distinction.

That being said, I VEHEMENTLY disagree!

DeletedUser7649

We don't do +1's here on the Beta forum. Anything that seems to generally have support and no one is pointing out any direct flaws with the idea is passed on to the dev team. They do read the forums themselves too so feedback can be noticed even if it has not been passed along yet.

That being said, as mentioned in another forum thread here there is already a plan being worked on regarding GE rewards. Will this match the ideas presented here? Can't say, we'll need to wait and see. There is always the potential for new ideas being implemented in the future but there is no guarantee for it.

Thanks for the clarification Dark :)