• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rebalance of GE

• Thread starter DeletedUser4923
  • Start date
This post lacks an understanding of what FoE is.

FORGE OF EMPIRES IS NOT A WAR GAME!!!!

FoE is a city builder game with some combat thrown in for pizzaz.

The major difference between a war game and FoE is that combat is CENTRAL to the game mechanics. i.e. the only way to get more weapons is by fighting, the only way to level up is by fighting etc. FoE is not built like that, you can "complete" the game without ever fighting more than once (When the tutorial tells you to) While fighting is highly encouraged in FoE it is not NECESSARY TO THE MECHANICS OF PLAY, and that is an important distinction.

That being said, I VEHEMENTLY disagree!

but I never mentioned war ))

this isn't like plundering where you can attack someone's city and steal their production. You will get a voucher to do an action, and then you can go to someone's city and perform that action. How you get those vouchers... well that's up for debate, you could get from GE, or from a special GB, or something else.

I agree about the 'individual' aspect of FOE, you build your city in isolation from anyone else almost, however that concept has almost run its course. Buildings-wise there hasn't been a novel concept for at least a year. So we have to improve the collective, i.e. guild aspect. Which would involve identifying the people your rival guild depends upon most and disabling or hindering them. You could I suppose have other vouchers that enable you to protect your guildmates from such things.

It would almost give the whole thing a Mafia-like feel, where you would have to disguise the people your guild relies upon most to be active.

..until 50 players team up and turn your game into hell. Your guild will dismiss you, because they don't want to sacrifice their GE because of you getting knocked back all along; you won't be able to collect a single production anymore if you don't watch your city 24/7 to reconnect your Town Hall again after someone cutting it off...

Spend a fraction of a second on thinking, and join my conclusion:
NO!

if your guild kicks you for being 'nerfed', the nerfers might turn on the other members of the guild, so they would have every incentive to keep you for that reason. As for disconnection, just make your road network more robust. But perhaps that one is a bit over the top: I didn't mean to give a definitive list, but something to argue over.

the only problem I can see is with people cheating with second, third and so on accounts, which is why these vouchers should be hard to come by.

DeletedUser7649

but I never mentioned war ))

this isn't like plundering where you can attack someone's city and steal their production. You will get a voucher to do an action, and then you can go to someone's city and perform that action. How you get those vouchers... well that's up for debate, you could get from GE, or from a special GB, or something else.

I agree about the 'individual' aspect of FOE, you build your city in isolation from anyone else almost, however that concept has almost run its course. Buildings-wise there hasn't been a novel concept for at least a year. So we have to improve the collective, i.e. guild aspect. Which would involve identifying the people your rival guild depends upon most and disabling or hindering them. You could I suppose have other vouchers that enable you to protect your guildmates from such things.

It would almost give the whole thing a Mafia-like feel, where you would have to disguise the people your guild relies upon most to be active.

It amounts to the same thing as war, though the mechanism may not require actual attacking this I would consider to be a "proxy war" type of attack. Sure you don't directly plunder your neighbor or whoever, you click a button to do so. Sure it's not like attacking someone and stealing their production, it's just clicking a button to do the exact same thing xD

I'm all for improving the guild aspect, but this doesn't seem like the right way to do it.

One last thing, this idea seems *almost* completely unrelated to GE, which just happens to be the actual purpose of this thread. (You mentioned GE once in three posts, and it wasn't even in your first post) Therefore, I would ask you to create another dedicated thread for those of us to use for our disagreement and please let us stick to GE improvements here :)

DeletedUser7649

First of all, Dark or someone who knows, how many +1s does an idea need before it gets submitted to the Dev team?

Dark, I think we might need to get a little bit of stuff ironed out in regards to the GB itself.

What is your opinion of:

1. Only having bps bought with ACs in shop.
2. Leveling gb with ACs only.
3. Having the gb boost ACs already collected. (and make all rewards presently in a certain number of ACs)
4. Having the gb allow for the collection of ACs.

Draken, still here?

DeletedUser7793

In my opinion, the problem isn't the potential prizes but the fact that every player is at a different place in the game, has different gameplay, and has different buildings in their city. This means that a prize you may consider worthy, may not be one that I like.

THIS to the initial idea. I think the rewards themselves are kinda fine, but not always for the right person. So imo a solution is not more GBs or more special buildings but a possibility to trade these rewards on the Market. Or rather most of the stuff we have in our Inventory. Buildings, decoration, maybe even BPs and FP packs, everything along with the well known goods.

DeletedUser7649

THIS to the initial idea. I think the rewards themselves are kinda fine, but not always for the right person. So imo a solution is not more GBs or more special buildings but a possibility to trade these rewards on the Market. Or rather most of the stuff we have in our Inventory. Buildings, decoration, maybe even BPs and FP packs, everything along with the well known goods.
Agree with the first part of your post, not the rest haha. Trading stuff in a market wouldn't work very well if you look at what players want. The only prize I want from Jade relics now are WWs or SOKs, which just so happen to be the same things that most others want. A market requires both a BUYER and a SELLER to want something. Seller must want something the buyer is willing to give and vice versa. Eventually you will end up with people trading an Oasis for an SOI, but never an Oasis for an SOK. Junk=Junk, you aren't going to get your trade taken if you are offering Junk for something good. Now as for trading bps for fps... interesting idea, I will have to think more on that...

DeletedUser7793

Agree with the first part of your post, not the rest haha. Trading stuff in a market wouldn't work very well if you look at what players want. The only prize I want from Jade relics now are WWs or SOKs, which just so happen to be the same things that most others want. A market requires both a BUYER and a SELLER to want something. Seller must want something the buyer is willing to give and vice versa. Eventually you will end up with people trading an Oasis for an SOI, but never an Oasis for an SOK. Junk=Junk, you aren't going to get your trade taken if you are offering Junk for something good. Now as for trading bps for fps... interesting idea, I will have to think more on that...
Not necesseraly building for building. Imagine you could trade WW for FPs, or 5 Oasis for 1 WW. I'm pretty sure it would work. Maybe FP would become the main currency on the market, so you could sell your decos and everything for a couple of FPs each, they add up and then you could buy a better stuff for them.

DeletedUser7382

-1 on the original idea
I added the ToR in a few world just to get watchfires to be able to defend me better.
Don't forget: All special buildings were introduced as event buildings, so shall all be removed, including SoK etc???

DeletedUser7649

-1 on the original idea
I added the ToR in a few world just to get watchfires to be able to defend me better.
Don't forget: All special buildings were introduced as event buildings, so shall all be removed, including SoK etc???
Lol I literally had to look and see what this thread was originally about xD
Honestly I think what this thread morphed into is a better option as it allows for all styles of play, going to create a new Idea thread now :)