• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Quantum Incursions

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have not done GVG before but I have done a few Cultural Settlements. Trying to work out when the Military buildings will be available. I am no good at fighting manually so I have lost a few so far. I guess once the ones we were given go that's it? Really annoying. So when can we put down Military Bldgs to have Units that can be retrained. Dead units do not rise on their own without Military bases. So that is a frustration for me at the moment.
You can select 2 military building types that you will be able to train more of (when you first go to the military tab of the build menu there's a button to take you to the selection). The barracks are not like home city barracks - they make unattached units. You'll need to make some coins and supplies first and then you can very quickly convert coins and supplies into troops. The same system applies to goods. Since they're unattached, when you have enough "for now" you can tear down the barracks and use the space for something else for a while.

Overall, I like the idea. However, once again it favours the large guilds who can make rapid progress through the map. Would it not be possible to have a smaller target for small guilds, say, a node target of 80 fights instead of 130 fights? Also, in the beginning the slow production of supplies is a real killer. Getting 6K or so from a butcher after 10 hours is very slow. At the moment, after 1 day, I am finding the production of goods impossible.

Jubilee

Merchant
Again Screen Display the Building Menu title bar (can't see what it has on the right hand side. The two displays top Left of my screen are over the top of the Building Menu display. So both the Title is blocked & a little further down the QI Reward icon & bar display cover what is being displayed in the menu bar. Struggling to figure out what I am being shown on the Building menu!

I am wondering what criteria I need to fulfill to get access to putting down Military or Goods Buildings, if it is being displayed to me on the Building menu I cannot see it.
Can you make the Building menu a little shorter, smaller so it does not get overlapped by the Displays at the top left of my screen?

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Again Screen Display the Building Menu title bar (can't see what it has on the right hand side. The two displays top Left of my screen are over the top of the Building Menu display. So both the Title is blocked & a little further down the QI Reward icon & bar display cover what is being displayed in the menu bar. Struggling to figure out what I am being shown on the Building menu!

I am wondering what criteria I need to fulfill to get access to putting down Military or Goods Buildings, if it is being displayed to me on the Building menu I cannot see it.
Can you make the Building menu a little shorter, smaller so it does not get overlapped by the Displays at the top left of my screen?
The little swords icon. Click it. Then you can build military buildings. No special requirements.

1706828807627.png

e2m2

Squire
Do you have enough population, coins and supplies to build military buildings? If not, you need to start there - same way as building your main city.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Just going to summarize some of my thoughts:
  1. The settlement should be the first thing you come to, not the map. Most of the time, that's what I want to be checking in on. Or, another option, just have it send you to either the map or the settlement based on which you were last on. Left from the map? Return to the map. Left on the settlement? Return to the settlement.
  2. I think a lot of players skipped past the info screens that pop up when you first open the feature, and then promptly got lost. I'm not sure on the best implementation possible, but some kind of tutorial needs to be part of the feature for players' first time playing it on each world. "Let's place a house, let's place a military building, let's place a goods building", THEN "let's do a fight," etc.
  3. The ability to see which units/goods each specific player has chosen would be extremely helpful for guild leaders
  4. Include the houses' boost to action points in the Quantum Actions tooltip.
  5. The Quantum Pass feels a little bit too generous with the shards for paying players. I'm not saying to remove them entirely, but just reduce the amounts.

Jubilee

Merchant
I'm done all my units gone? I do OK in GBG (never did GVG before). Very rusty fighting manually & I have not started a city in a long while so I am used to all the boosts etc.. I have for my fighting. What can I say? Too complex? Not sure. Maybe when others work it out. I don't do level 5 GE either. I will just have to be content in my cities playing Events & doing a little GE. I can see the Big Guild just dominating GBG with their new QI toys.

Jubilee

Merchant
Do you have enough population, coins and supplies to build military buildings? If not, you need to start there - same way as building your main city.
I cannot see anything on my Build menu the QI reward Bar is blocking it so I can see the icon on the side bars me from building military & good but there is NO way I can see WHY. A message saying not enough coins/supplies would be nice. Is it because I have not finished enough fights?? Who knows there is no information I can barely see something that says choose, clicked on that, clicked the 2 I wanted & nothing? No message to say hey you have not done this or that. I have programmed (retired now) Financial Systems, Forge give the USER a clue will you. Instructions something. Remember the first thing you learn when designing User screens is to make a HELP function available. Anyway my Units all gone. So IF I had to do more fighting to get some sort of credits I have no way of doing that now.

e2m2

Squire
I cannot see anything on my Build menu the QI reward Bar is blocking it so I can see the icon on the side bars me from building military & good but there is NO way I can see WHY.
Zoom out in your browser (CTRL and - ) this should help with the overlap issue.

A message saying not enough coins/supplies would be nice. Is it because I have not finished enough fights?? Who knows there is no information I can barely see something that says choose, clicked on that, clicked the 2 I wanted & nothing? No message to say hey you have not done this or that.
If a building is greyed out, it means you can't build it. If you hover your mouse over it, it'll show you how many population, coins, and supplies are required. If you need population and coins, build a residential building. If you need supplies, build a supply building. I mean, this is no different from building your main city. How much spoon-feeding is required for someone who's been playing FOE for some time? To me, big part of the fun of discovering a new game/feature is just the experimentation on my own. Trial and error - I actually learn better that way. Where's the fun if everything is going to be spelled out for you and handed on a silver platter?

Jubilee

Merchant
Zoom out in your browser (CTRL and - ) this should help with the overlap issue.

If a building is greyed out, it means you can't build it. If you hover your mouse over it, it'll show you how many population, coins, and supplies are required. If you need population and coins, build a residential building. If you need supplies, build a supply building. I mean, this is no different from building your main city. How much spoon-feeding is required for someone who's been playing FOE for some time? To me, big part of the fun of discovering a new game/feature is just the experimentation on my own. Trial and error - I actually learn better that way. Where's the fun if everything is going to be spelled out for you and handed on a silver platter?
Once I can actually see the menu then I will be able to work things out the whole problem was the menu size. Which I have no problem with on my worlds so I hope I don't have to size up & down between going from Beta into QI & back again.

Jubilee

Merchant
Yeah what I thought to make it small enough to fix the problem with the overlap everything is so small I have to use a magnifying glass. And it did affect the size of the Beta world as well. I will be resizing to be able to cope. Old eyes, my glasses only do so much for me. Well that works (not for me but players with better eyes).
Meanwhile I still have NO clue as to why I cannot choose my Goods & Military buildings. I should be able to click on choose & pick my two buildings of both goods & military, They should appear as options that are greyed out until I have enough resources. That is not happening. I have selected my buildings a few times it is not taking my selection. So I have NO idea what amounts of whatever I need for them No goal to strive for because it continues to ask me to CHOOSE.
I hope I have explained it well enough for you.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Umm... build them? They're immediately available. Go to your settlement, build menu, then military buildings.
Problem is there is no point to building military buildings right away - need to build better houses and better production buildings to you can actually afford to make 10+ units a day and some goods at some point.

370MZ

Farmer
All i see is a choose bldg icon... we are a little 4 person guild, how do we unlock military or goods bldgs for construction? Ive read all I can and i just dont see it.... maybe lost in translation....

Do all of the guild members need to choose the same bldgs? I hit choose, it tells me to pick 2. then i see a 1/4 and cant build??? An if that is the case, looks like everyone so far picked a different bldg and we cant fill the 4/4 requirement, so are we just screwed?????

SOME DECENT INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD>>>>

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Problem is there is no point to building military buildings right away - need to build better houses and better production buildings to you can actually afford to make 10+ units a day and some goods at some point.
I think there's a good point to dropping a ballista barracks after your first 10 hour productions. Get yourself a small pile of ballistas so you can do some 8xballista manual-zero-loss fights and use up action points that otherwise would go to waste early on.

I'm also not sure just how much coins and supplies you need. As a 1-person-guild, my math came out showing me as running out of action points most likely instead of coins/supplies - even if I never upgrade any of my buildings past the first tier. A larger guild might need more boost though as they go to higher difficulties, or larger amounts of goods donated per action.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
They are blinded by money. That's all they want.

Funny thing how in that announcement they stated that they want to reduce repetitive tasks, increase diversity, interactions between players and then they release quantum settlements :D

Just look at the state of PvP... it's a complete disgrace, being in the last era is more punishing that ever. In Player Versus Player feature you battle bots lol if you want highest score... and guess what, if you even dare to improve your city defence you get heavily penalized in PvP...

Come on Inno...

Fix what's in the game before even thinking of a new feature.
IKR, that's why I'm calling them out for their hypocrisy. You can't be against generalists and than encouraging us to be successful in all 3 features thus being generalists. Even offering an efficient Jack master of all trades. Basically foundational stuff for generalists

As for the QI settlement. I like the perk of recruiting instantly independent units. It allows to building up an army and swap military buildings. Another good interesting perk is the special decorations that offer additional buffs. However what I’m absolutely disgusted and concerned by is placing the maxed out neon-colossus behind an paywall. It’s basically telling the F2P players that we’re either not really welcome to play the game and just an 3rd class player. Even more insulting towards the paying players. Who buy the silver pass. As it’s basically making the point that they are a second class of players.
Overall the QS in concept sound interesting. Basically parallel alternative GE but without freedom in how to solve encounters. Where the first issue rises. If it was rather this:
A fight this army (2x using only either those units)
B pay X coins & Y supplies (2x for spending extra actions)
C pay X any goods (2x if donating Y or Z goods)
Another point of improvement is the time schedules. Instead of 10h it could’ve been easily 1h. With more efficient buildings 4h and the most efficient 8h.

In addition if the devs would’ve released an tutorial Beta video it would’ve been much easier to understand. With the disclaimer it’s for Beta testing and (major) adjustments are likely to happen. So, in short:

Negative
Insultingly placing the only real rewards behind paywalls
Too long production times, making it sluggish
Too forceful design, offer freedom in solving “encounters” and raise difficulty according to supposed difficulty

Positive
Independent units that are instantly ready
Instant goods production
Generous starter pack of goods, resources and units (pls keep it this way)
Technically free bonuses for QI settlement from special decorations

370MZ

Farmer
can some one just explain how to choose and build goods and military bldgs?????????????????????????????????????

I guess this is one way to Beta test, put out a new process with absolutely no proper instructions and see if we can break it... i so want to curse...

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Baronet
Here is my first log in experience, about 14 hours since it launched, so obviously players have already fought...
1. logged on to 5 flags that "this node has been cleared", but had an option to use Quantum Actions to Move, what does this do?
2. I then figured out to click the furthest flag that was highlighted with a white beam (so sure I should have guessed that was the current)
3. went into battle, so I have some, not many, Troops in Iron Age.
4. burnt through those rather quickly.
5. found my settle accidentally, due to boredom of no more troops to fight with,
6. started to build my buildings, which have quick build times, but with 9 hour time requirements.

now im stuck until I can produce Quantum Supplies... 9 hours from that point. Cause building your town take these Supplies. You need Supplies to cook some Troops.

so this is slow, painfully slow, hopefully that is just at the start.

What I like so far:
  1. when I do get enough Supplies, I can bake multiple Troops instantly.
  2. Same with Goods *(however, I have no room to place these buildings)

What I dislike so far:
  1. It appears the "2x" fight option are the same two troop options node after node, they did change when moved to a new level. I guess this won't matter once your town expands, but again the first few days of each tourny, this is slow.
  2. Overall gameplay is far too slow. 9 hours for buildings to complete rewards is too long. I'd rather see faster times, and lower rewards just so we can keep playing this actively.
  3. Someone else already said it... when you enter QI, you go straight into the "battle map", that needs to change, and should go directly into the Settlement screen. Getting your Settlement set up and going, MUST be everyone's first step.

GateKeeper

Baronet
can some one just explain how to choose and build goods and military bldgs?????????????????????????????????????

I guess this is one way to Beta test, put out a new process with absolutely no proper instructions and see if we can break it... i so want to curse...
open QI, Click the Ship Icon on lower left, that takes you to your Settlement.