• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Problem with the matchmaking is that it seems to only rely on the PvP ranking points and not on the actual player strength (age and bonuses). Even if the system was given enough time to establish the player ranking, that can not really work - mainly because of the asymmetry in boosts of the attacking and the defending army of most players - therfore even in the simplest matchmaking the system would need to have a defensive and offensive rating to give decent opponents.

It should rely on the points and not the bonuses. Bonuses should be something that helps you maintain a rank, not something that doesn't matter because it's mirrored in making your matches harder/easier. Your matches should naturally get harder (or rather at least some of them should). And if you don't have defense to make yourself an (actually) difficult target, people should get free points from hitting you and it should knock you down the ladder.

The age thing on the other hand... that needs to change. If matchmaking is restricted to +/- 1 age, it already works to not have lower ages get out of control as it'd mean SAM players are calibrated to SAAB, VF to SAM, OF to VF, etc. But at the same time it'd mean that lower age players aren't faced with completely impossible situations (or rather the "impossible" situations they face are only momentarily impossible until they get better boost not sometimes you get shown space age weaponry to face with your sticks and stones).

jovada

Regent
Well if the devs had a little consideration for us players the minimum they could say is that they are aware of these or that problems and working on it, but they ignore us completly and will make an announcement when they are ready. And ready with what ???? Another worthless upgrade like chests with 2 5 or 10 extra attempts.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Again, PVP tower should be revamped (and restricted) to neighborhoods since that is as close to a matching list possible with each reset every Monday (or whatever time and date it resets on) just like the towers did when certain units were used in participation. Those who are not active enough are always on the bottom of the rankings, while those who are active are ranked by the amount of points gathered.

Now, as to the difficulty of opponents, there is already one in place. Look at your neighborhood list. The first 20 could be generated for the hard difficulty (seeing that not many could not do such), the next 30 could be for the normal difficulty, and the last 30 could be for the easy difficulty. This is for neighborhood opponent generation and not ranking for the neighborhood rewards.

The ranking determines how much a player is willing to rack enough points before the tournament ends (again, similar to the old towers) in order to get to the top. We don't have to have a global server ranking, just neighborhoods would do.

Each week it is reset and everyone starts at 0 points (not the 6000, and not the 10% off, either). The defensive mechanism can be the same where the players of a neighborhood can set up their defense for that feature, separate from the defense they have on their neighborhoods as to give anyone who thinks they won a big surprise on the change of the guard, and vice versa. For example if said player places all spearmen for his defense, there is no guarantee that his city will have spearmen waiting for the unsuspecting attacker if they decide to attack and plunder.

If anyone thinks the neighborhood list is too short to conjure up opponents (mainly for the heavy diamond spenders out there), then I guess they can put in NPCs to make up for the shortage. However, if anyone is using their free regenerative attempts, they can only get up to 12 a day which probably resets each day during the tournament just as a cool down to not hit the same opponent more than once.

Those who age up will probably get moved into the next neighborhood with the appropriate age for matching.

This is as best I can come up with when it comes to matching. The rewards is another thing that needs to be severely worked on. We deserve more, especially when we are in a higher age that 192 medals is chump change for the bronze age.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
you really think they removed the ranking points ?
Points are still earned but are no longer shown in this window.
We therefore no longer know how many points we gain after each fight.
ACtC-3cPaEwLEyTUeUMoy5KP0OSKit6173bf0xqIiaHoOAQgeyik2OHKsINr_JWyZ5kWjJ_VR6tNdZ6X7jbICPylQcCakNL992gsAkyhsx7-XSIeEjuuobpMgKnpVwdoXn0pEe9ERTf3MNXKWk6Y_1KcUaxy=w592-h485-no

Before there was
ACtC-3erMkUNwRNDyNpRDqbVaOAujDu72iUspTvjkPYM7NlZTnHLg1PRyb2C1cfWHeszy2beMAbJVM7VDMBgBRqjsfbasxUsR_qvbngAla7J4abpvz6Kl_yjmnbXHNXJe7NA0-gWXC6Yv3yDt17utktNDcdO=w574-h203-no

Nessie

Baronet
InnoGames got extremely bad ratings on social media platforms and rating companies like Trustpilot. I think InnoGames deserves that, not least because of the contempt for us as players. Page 75 and still no significant reaction. Senior management wants to enforce PvP Arena with all their might and save a lot of money by abolishing the towers. What we think about that is of no interest.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Well if the devs had a little consideration for us players the minimum they could say is that they are aware of these or that problems and working on it, but they ignore us completly and will make an announcement when they are ready. And ready with what ???? Another worthless upgrade like chests with 2 5 or 10 extra attempts.
As far as I have seen, Inno usually comments once changes have been implemented and are about to be introduced. Which takes time. The bigger the change, the more time it will take. Very rarely does Dudettas (get to) announce what they are working on. So saying that they are ignoring the feedback completely isn't logical. It is quite possible that they take it seriously, and are doing their best to implement improvements that we do not yet know about.

I understand the frustration this engenders, and frankly, that is due to the tewrrible communication policy. But the bad communication policy that is a separate issue. One that I have been thinking of addressing for some time now.

Attacking Dudettas will not help. Not with the current policy in place. So please, don't attack her personally. I have no reason to think that she is doing anything but her stinking best to get the message across. It is not her fault that Inno does not communicate and not her fault if Inno chooses not to implent the changes that the feedback has called for. Please, cut her some slack. Vent your understandable anger and frustration by sayoing how terrible the PvP arena is, or by coming up with creative ways to improve it. That is constructive at least.

InnoGames got extremely bad ratings on social media platforms and rating companies like Trustpilot. I think InnoGames deserves that, not least because of the contempt for us as players. Page 75 and still no significant reaction. Senior management wants to enforce PvP Arena with all their might and save a lot of money by abolishing the towers. What we think about that is of no interest.
If they were not interested in what we think, they would not be asking for our opinion. They do. They are just terrible in letting us know what they are doing with the feedback they received. And what their reasons are behind the choices they make. THAT is a good reason to be frustrated about.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Since I am in Iron Age I do not have a chance to test the new PvP arena. I think I have already mentioned that I too would like to see the towers re-instated, if only so Bronze and Iron Age players have a chance to win medals weekly, which at their low levels are useful to buy expansions with. The Arena should be an addition, not a replacement.

Also, I think the call for a TRUE pvp mecganic is loud and clear. Actual player versus player, not Player/AI vs AI.

Apologies if I am repeating myself, the debate has been going on for a long time and I have a terrible memory. ; )

jovada

Regent
Attacking Dudettas will not help. Not with the current policy in place. So please, don't attack her personally. I have no reason to think that she is doing anything but her stinking best to get the message across. It is not her fault that Inno does not communicate and not her fault if Inno chooses not to implent the changes that the feedback has called for. Please, cut her some slack. Vent your understandable anger and frustration by sayoing how terrible the PvP arena is, or by coming up with creative ways to improve it. That is constructive at least.

Nobody is attacking Dudettas , only the devs we blame

FrejaSP

Viceroy
The match-making system plain sucks and remove the fun. I took down my army and won't try again before it is fixed.
Noone like beating small players because the other 2 choices are impossible.
The match at 100 point should be in your level, not way over your level.
Maybe give 5 choices instead of 3, 50, 75, 100, 125 and 200, the middle 3 should be your level */- max 2 timeages

Pachom

Farmer
I do like the new pvp, it fits into my way of playing:
1. I always use autobattle !
2. I appreciate very much in the new feature, that the defencevalues really matter.
I would like this pvp to remain in the individual score of the single gamer, and Not ! getting connected to any guild ranking or Guild Performance. There exist enough demands of guild duties!

Cardena

Squire
Also, I think the call for a TRUE pvp mecganic is loud and clear. Actual player versus player, not Player/AI vs AI.

I do not think a real pvp would be a good idea.

If I remember correctly, INNO at some point in the early times of this game, wanted to introduce it, but abandoned the idea. I think that was a good choice.

You can only battle against someone who is online at the same time. And is not only online, but also willing to fight at that moment.

OK, you found someone and now the battle starts. How long will you have to wait for the move of the other? What if he does not make a move for minutes? What if your internet connection just happens to disfunction at that time? When does who win?

I know that other games found an answer for that problems. But in this game many do not want to even say they are online. So that would be a very huge change in the game, that many would not approve of. I would say, anyone who wants real pvp should look for any of those games, where it was part from the beginning.

and again the weekly numbers (kind of "other sources of feedback"):

pvp arena - max players
Jul 26, 2020 #5183
Jul 27, 2020 #4327
Aug 3, 2020 #3664
Aug 10, 2020 #3350
Aug 18, 2020 #3254

looks like a slight reduction in crash rate, maybe leveling out to hard-core testers (doubt that there would be so many on life servers, but that's just a wild guess)