• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Thunderdome

Emperor
I am sorry I don't have an update for you yet. I know most of you on the forums are unhappy with the PvP Arena but please don't take a lack of update as a sign that your feedback is not being listened to.
Usually, a heavy phone book is all that is needed to get things back in motion (or use upside the head).

There was a game I used to play a long time ago where I had hosted PVP based tourneys, not only to settle some differences, but to add the fun factor into it as well. I would create a planet (alt) and let it mine for resources. No one in the server was to touch it else they would feel the brunt of their fellow players, even their own guild/alliance. I would have three types of fighting going about: 1 vs 1, corp (guild) vs corp, or alliance (group of guilds) vs alliance. Sometimes I would make exceptions which brought forth the fun factor: handicap matchups like 1 player versus the corp/alliance, 1 corp versus the alliance, and so forth.
This wasn't o-game was it??

That whole post sounds really cool way of doing pvp.

Lekaylee

Farmer
Dudette no need for you to say sorry every respecteble company had taken its responsebilities to there users or custumers
to long our game fun been ruined.
We dont blame you but we blame Inno.
Same :)
No need to say Sorry! You are the person who has to tell us ... sits in between...
It is very friendly of you to come and tell us this. It gives me the feeling, there is somone who cares!
So I keep on reading this posts although I dont play the pvp arena until changes come :)

ShadowKing

Farmer
in the last few years the developers have been trying to destroy a good game, why don't they just quit there jobs and tell there boss they can't do io, as they clearly have not the brains to make us players happy, stop insulting us and give us back our old PvP towers and delete this stupid idea of a pvp arena as it clearly doesn't work

Moderator Edit swearing removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

jovada

Regent
I am sorry I don't have an update for you yet. I know most of you on the forums are unhappy with the PvP Arena but please don't take a lack of update as a sign that your feedback is not being listened to.

DEAR DEVELOPPERS SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND CANCEL THIS FRAUDE PVP

I have been attacked once in three days, others are attacked all day long, if i'm correct only 5 attacks are taken in consideration. Wich attacks are that for a person that is attacked all day long ??? First 5 after midnight? , 5 random ? , 5 manipulated (giving winners and loosers? or only winners?)

Nothing in this whole pvp is fair or correct. Many have impossible battles , other have always the same opponent ( 40 last battles is 34 moideux)

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
This wasn't o-game was it??

That whole post sounds really cool way of doing pvp.
No, it was Galaxy Online II (GO2). I did play O-Game before as well. Was fun until Vega Conflict caught my eye that I get to move around and shoot at the other players if I bump into them or they bump into me, lol. So, yes I had my fair share of PVP in a massive sense (ships, armies, etc.). Character vs character was okay but it's nothing like bringing all the kids to the school yard for a last person standing slugfest. In this case, it was last ship standing.

In fact, now that we're talking about this, this feature that Inno had released into beta reminds me of GO3 for the mobile where I have to choose my opponent or spend some currency/gold to refresh to a different one and sometimes I would wind up with the same player in the next 3 to 4 refreshes. I since gave up that app because of this. In GO2, I would "hunt" for an opponent to hit (as with any other player that played), utilize a planet transfer (warp jumping) to "cuddle" next to theirs, and send my fleets in.

Now, Inno just broke PVP. If they don't fix it to where it means something when they supposedly release it into live, they've broke the game. Skimpy rewards for the week and mismatching isn't my idea of "something meaningful". Especially, if I had to put forth effort and take losses (before they added manual battles). I am with others that I should be battling folks of my age or 1 above or below mine when it comes to matching or just battling my neighbors to covet the top spot of the neighborhood tower.

PVP points should reset with each neighborhood change so everyone within could have a chance to being that top player. Just like the old towers.

Little tip : you have less than 6000 points, you leave the arena freeing your defending army and then you come on arena and put a defending army... and then... no neutralization time... 6000 points...
You do that the last day, you do your 10 fights (with a spearfighter) and with the price !

bones42024

Farmer
I find the PvP arena very uninspiring. As a middle era player playing on multiple servers, I see no reason to participate in any significant fashion. Unless you set up leagues divided by how long the cities have been played, newer player will never be able to get the best prizes, and even at that, the prizes are far from a big incentive to finish in 1500th spot because you are unable to beat higher aged armies. This feature is likely to be a total flop without more incentive and better opportunities for all players that choose to participate

Cleitomachus

Marquis
As the time goes by, I'm more and more confident that Inno does not care if we like the new "Arena" thing or not. Their real goal is to remove the Towers. But they do not think that without the Towers we will be talking about a completely different game.

If the removal of the Towers will be on Live Servers, then, unfortunately, it will be an opportunity to say - with a great sadness - a final goodbye to the FOE, after all these years... :(

alligator

Farmer
As the time goes by, I'm more and more confident that Inno does not care if we like the new "Arena" thing or not. Their real goal is to remove the Towers. But they do not think that without the Towers we will be talking about a completely different game.

If the removal of the Towers will be on Live Servers, then, unfortunately, it will be an opportunity to say - with a great sadness - a final goodbye to the FOE, after all these years... :(
I already quit playing beta because that PVP Arena game boring

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I don't play PvP anymore, tryed it but the compettitors are way to high up in era. I am in Colonial era and can't win form a player in Space era!
The prizes aren't worth the effort it takes.
Same. I've stopped playing PvP. Gave it an honest try, but losing lots of units for mediocre prizes, and with a total absence of fun. Just is not appealing. Find I've really cut back on the time I spend on FoE, and not missing it........