• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Nessie

Baronet
However, I don't blame the Devs. I blame Inno's senior management. They set the tone, and right now that seems to be "extract as much money from players as possible."

Maybe they're focused on short-term profits over long-term growth, to inflate Inno's revenues so they can sell Inno. Lot's of startups cash out while profits are still good. Fidelity Growth Partners Europe bought a stake in Inno in 2010; they also may want to cash out.

Dear Inno Senior Management: IF you still want FoE, brush up on customer retention and customer service strategies for the 21st century, not the 19th.
You need customers a lot more than they need you.

That's exactly how I feel about it!

Thunderdome

Emperor
Okay, gathered from what I had read, it seems the following has happened:

Inno has answered us, the community, by having someone come about and delete the polls that others created. Polls that would have shown how much this community really disliked the feature by the many people who would have voted on them. Basically posting on here is a waste of time as it's already at Week 4 of this travesty and joke of a feature with no real change whatsoever. No one's going to listen.

Unless someone comes forth, changes my mind, and said this isn't the case, this is what I gather to this very day. You don't have to say it but actions do speak louder than words.

For the rest of us, game end is coming ahead if they put this on the live servers. It's been a treat in playing with the lot of you.

Yekk

Viceroy
I have to agree Thunderdome. 90%+ posting here are negative on this. A very poorly thought out addition to the game. So many ways it could be improved where Inno still makes a few bucks but as it is it is just a waste of bandwidth. The worse part is it will not/does not show who actually is the best "fighter" on a world. Just shows who spends the most diamonds. I too would love to have the lead developer explain what they are trying to accomplish.

Thunderdome would have been an awesome name to give it. Two armies enter, one army leaves. Why not give us a ge style map with our neighbors over the week and the person who gets to the end/gets to the end first/gets to the end with least amount of losses wins? Inno wins because people will pay for tokens to get to the end the fastest. People win by being given an actual competition. Maybe the TOR drops prizes on this map too.

Owl II

Emperor
The old PVP was boring. The new PVP is boring even more. Make the same conditions for the attacker and defender. (if this is an auto battle, then both have an auto battle. If this is a manual battle, then both have the same). But the main thing is the matchmaking of the opponent. This is a global problem for devs. It ruins the whole game. But they don't want to see it.

Last edited:
Hmmm .... I believe that the more the players are happy & really motivated to play FoE because of great Strategy Game with great new features ... well, then those players are way more willing to pay (a few) diamonds with real money ....
So IF we "feel" they really listen to us and not send a victim (Dudettas) who have to try to explain to us that Inno is busy with our ideas .... we can give them the "benefit of the doubt" ... but I start to believe many beta testers lost confidence !!

I still like to play FoE, but then I think about it WITHOUT this upcoming "PvP Arena" in mind !!!
I'm o so afraid and it's scares me harder than a scary horror movie (!!) ... that Inno brings this PvP Arena to life servers in it's current state !!
Please.... don't do that, never !!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I, at least, STOP play-testing !

Queen Amaria

Steward
I think the tower is currently unattractive and I have deactivated it - but does it really have that big influence on your game? Battles and GvG are wonderful to let off steam, so you can just ignore this tower. This feature doesn't deserve that much drama, and I think the feedback has long since been received.

I think the tower is currently unattractive and I have deactivated it - but does it really have that big influence on your game? Battles and GvG are wonderful to let off steam, so you can just ignore this tower. This feature doesn't deserve that much drama, and I think the feedback has long since been received.
In some way I agree with you !
I just try to explain that Inno URGENTLY need to give REAL RESPONS to us, beta testers ! It's because they "seems" to ignore us that many don't stop giving negative feedback & complains over and over again and I fully understand that ! I do the same !
It's even just stupid annoying why people always need to complain ON MASS before things finally start to change !! That's even so in real life world the case !

Gab in Beta

Merchant
Last Day I have more and more EMA LMA & HMA easy oponents (I am in EMA) , while after being #2000 + I had 1 maybe 2 times per day. Anyone else finding easy oponents that are okey ?

Lekaylee

Farmer
In some way I agree with you !
I just try to explain that Inno URGENTLY need to give REAL RESPONS to us, beta testers ! It's because they "seems" to ignore us that many don't stop giving negative feedback & complains over and over again and I fully understand that ! I do the same !
It's even just stupid annoying why people always need to complain ON MASS before things finally start to change !! That's even so in real life world the case !

Hey :)
SIGN to your Post! :)
We have promised to give Feedback, ... thats what all do here.
I understand the annoying fact - all are repeating over and over again and again the same two or Three Things Things. MATCHMAKING and ALL IN THE SAME LIGA

BUT! -> I think as a Tester the devs NEED to know, its not the "POLL" - there are a lot of People with the same meaning about this and not a few who cry!

It is a Balance on a Row .... (Drahtseilakt) - I dont repeat my Arguments any more - I wrote a lot of sides before. After the last changes I tryed again (the manual fights are a good beginning) and find out - nothing really basically changed. - So I decidet to leave The PvP- Tower again and wait for the next patch.
Really? What shall I Test during the time? - everything is said - more often anyone wants to hear ;)
A Parameter or Matching system does not change until a Dev does it ;)

Remember, ... it is not a Poll! Its Feedback !

Thats it.
Greetz Leka

P.S.
Please excuse my bd grammar and vocabulary, hoping you all understand ... I am sitting here since an hour with my dictionary and give my very best.

fake jogos

Farmer
Sorry if you posted this earlier, I didn't see any messages.
More needs to balance the ages, it has to be like the neighbors, an era above and an era below, because as you can see in the print, there is no way for me to face the first and second place, and in the past struggle the third era of the modern era , if he had only two units, it would not be possible for me to win and even so I almost lost, I went to the manual.
It is not because I have great strength in the attack for my era that I can face members of I was much superior to mine

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    570.3 KB · Views: 3
This has been my modest selection of opponents for the past few days. To 90% opponents from higher ages. I seriously wonder when something is changed in the system so that you can play the new feature. It’s not fun!

Attachments

• PvP Arena Beta.png
    PvP Arena Beta.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 16

Proven Legend

Merchant
Inno your silence is deafening.
You should be positive and show your excitement when you post the game changes. Explain your rationale for the changes, and share the plan with a focus on the ways it will improve the game. You should emphasize the positive outlook for the future and explain that any changes you make will only make the game, Forge of Empires and team play more entertaining. Being transparent and joining into the conversation will help make the transition successful, so stop hiding and let us all move forward together.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Thunderdome would have been an awesome name to give it. Two armies enter, one army leaves. Why not give us a ge style map with our neighbors over the week and the person who gets to the end/gets to the end first/gets to the end with least amount of losses wins? Inno wins because people will pay for tokens to get to the end the fastest. People win by being given an actual competition. Maybe the TOR drops prizes on this map too.
There was a game I used to play a long time ago where I had hosted PVP based tourneys, not only to settle some differences, but to add the fun factor into it as well. I would create a planet (alt) and let it mine for resources. No one in the server was to touch it else they would feel the brunt of their fellow players, even their own guild/alliance. I would have three types of fighting going about: 1 vs 1, corp (guild) vs corp, or alliance (group of guilds) vs alliance. Sometimes I would make exceptions which brought forth the fun factor: handicap matchups like 1 player versus the corp/alliance, 1 corp versus the alliance, and so forth.

Usually a few days before a match is to be put on the fight ticket, players (we are within a facebook group) would place out their requests for everyone to read and I would contact them (usually within a day, if I am not busy) to let them know if they are going to be ready on that day, I would set it up. They would give a time and date, and I would make it to watch. Other times, I would set it up and let them know it is ready for the bout. I have a few friends from different alliances who help me oversee this project in my absence (sleep, working, etc.), and it would generate a report along with participant names and fleets used.

The objective was simple. Both parties create their fleets with whatever ships they have in their name along with commanders to command them. Both parties would jump (planet move) next to Thunderdome. One side would send to attack the planet, and the other side would send to defend it, thus creating a fight for the death. The T-dome was retrofitted with items that the attacking fleet would hit before the defending fleet arrives. In the case of 50 full fleets, the attacker would send up to 5 ahead of time and send the rest at a few minutes before the first wave hits the planet, so this way the cavalry will arrive at the time the defending team arrives. Both sides coordinate the time in order to send in the remaining attacking forces so when the time is up, both sides would have their full fleets duking it out with each other while others watch and cheer own.

A few years had passed since this was in play until the developers caught a glimpse of it and decided to create an arena feature that holds everything hosted to the very letter. From time to time, until the game's end, there are players who would like to have a nostalgic feel and would send me requests for match ups to be held, where I just log in, move the planet away from a crowded place, and let them get in on the action.

So, yes, it really gets me that a developer like this one throws in a "one size fits all" methodology when creating this travesty. I was no developer, but I had listened to the player base. In those years, three T-Dome planets were created, each with a difficulty level of defenses that the players wanted to spice things up with their matches.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I am sorry I don't have an update for you yet. I know most of you on the forums are unhappy with the PvP Arena but please don't take a lack of update as a sign that your feedback is not being listened to.

alligator

Farmer
I am sorry I don't have an update for you yet. I know most of you on the forums are unhappy with the PvP Arena but please don't take a lack of update as a sign that your feedback is not being listened to.
Dudette no need for you to say sorry every respecteble company had taken its responsebilities to there users or custumers
to long our game fun been ruined.
We dont blame you but we blame Inno.

fake jogos

Farmer
Another screen just to show the discrepancy
I went to face the contemporary era and he had an Arctic army. My chance to win 0%

So it gets really complicated to play and is very discouraging

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    566.8 KB · Views: 13