• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Arwaren

Squire
The 5 "defense" limit needs to go if defense is to matter.

A very good move ... And now the consequences ... the matchmaking system gives you the choice of practically the same "Easy" players. Now suppose there are 20 players who attack the same opponent because the system chooses him all the time. The opponent loses a huge amount of combat points. How to catch up on points?
The defender should never lose combat points for losing a fight. The defender should only get points for winning battles. And this example is good to show why this should be so.
But soon there may be answers that the player should increase defense ... but for what? To get coins, supplies, 1 or 3 rogues, 20 forge points or to get a 20% defense potion for the defending army every week? Or get buildings that are already available in other parts of the game?
Since we have GBG, most cities focus on having better and better attacking armies. And now they are to drop it all and increase the defensive army?
Let me remind you that the attacking army is used:
- continental map
- Guild Expedition
- Guild Battlegrounds
- GvG
- Attacking neighbors
- In quests
- And now in the PvP Arena
And where are the defending armies used?
- Defending against neighbors
- And now in the PvP Arena ...
Now there is no reason to use the city space to build buildings to increase defense boost. It would make sense if there were no GE or GBG. But it doesn't make any sense now. There are more benefits to having a better attacking army than defensive. But if someone has a good defensive army, they get combat points for winning battles.
2-wave defense
And what will it change? Players will only attack easy players knowing they will have to attack 16 units. So it will be even worse than it is now.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A very good move ... And now the consequences ... the matchmaking system gives you the choice of practically the same "Easy" players. Now suppose there are 20 players who attack the same opponent because the system chooses him all the time. The opponent loses a huge amount of combat points. How to catch up on points?
The defender should never lose combat points for losing a fight. The defender should only get points for winning battles. And this example is good to show why this should be so.
But soon there may be answers that the player should increase defense ... but for what? To get coins, supplies, 1 or 3 rogues, 20 forge points or to get a 20% defense potion for the defending army every week? Or get buildings that are already available in other parts of the game?
Since we have GBG, most cities focus on having better and better attacking armies. And now they are to drop it all and increase the defensive army?
Let me remind you that the attacking army is used:
- continental map
- Guild Expedition
- Guild Battlegrounds
- GvG
- Attacking neighbors
- In quests
- And now in the PvP Arena
And where are the defending armies used?
- Defending against neighbors
- And now in the PvP Arena ...
Now there is no reason to use the city space to build buildings to increase defense boost. It would make sense if there were no GE or GBG. But it doesn't make any sense now. There are more benefits to having a better attacking army than defensive. But if someone has a good defensive army, they get combat points for winning battles.

And what will it change? Players will only attack easy players knowing they will have to attack 16 units. So it will be even worse than it is now.

I'm a zero-defending army bonuses (apart from TA and accidental stuff on buildings I have for other reasons) myself. I'd likely stay that way, I don't feel I should go unpunished for it though in a PvP arena if I make such a choice.

As for "unending losses" - if the matchmaking is relatively evenly distributed there should be a point where you've been knocked down enough that you're not an appealing target to those you're matched with or where you've reached equilibrium where the amount of people who knock you down is similar to the amount you can climb back up. i.e. you've found your place.

As you said, there's many places where going all-in on attack makes sense. There should be places where I do something more than laugh at people spending resources on defense ;) Tradeoffs make a game interesting. "Best at everything" is boring.

Yes, the rewards should increase too - but they need to fix the matchmaking and/or ranking to something fun before some idea of how much the rewards should change can be known.

As for the 2 waves: It can make a successful defense more feasible - put it in reach of people who are trying to occasionally thwart a mega-attack city.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
4 times out of 5 and guess who is my next opponent , and meanwhile they discuss our feedback for weeks now whahahahaha
All I can day is lucky you. All I seem to get are 100 point battles with no hard option. Mind you, some of those have a much higher attack & defense bonus than Moideux so work that out if you can - lol

Would someone please explain to me why the top two levels always seem to have impossible to beat armies. I have a very high defense and attack percents but I almost never can use the 100 or the 200 level. Not only have you taken the towers, but now you are not allow anyone to make any real advances. What is the reason for this? I not a farmer and not going to just work on building flower gardens. If I wanted that I go play Elevan, no fighting there.

Nessie

Baronet
I get no more 200-Points-opponents, only 100-100-50 even though the attack/defense of the first opponent usually is quite high (defense 1000+). Is this a change I didn't notice?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I get no more 200-Points-opponents, only 100-100-50 even though the attack/defense of the first opponent usually is quite high (defense 1000+). Is this a change I didn't notice?

Just means you climbed up so high that your only opponents available aren't far enough to call them "hard" anymore. Difficulty of opponent is based on their points, not their age or stats.

Nessie

Baronet
I think nobody has any doubts anymore, this is the worst innovation they have made in the game in their entire history ... it doesn't make sense ... I played PvP arena, the first few weeks and it's time not to play anymore ... if the Most stop playing it, this dies ... or I hope so, I wish ...
On the sidelines, multiplying events and special buildings have made all buildings in the tech tree obsolete ... Before there was a line in the game, now it's patch after patch ...

I fully agree, the game became a disaster. Yes, there is not one building out of the tech tree in my city. Apart from a few blacksmith and military, there are only event buildings.

Altogether, there is very little fun left - especially in SAAB where we have to click TWELVE times between each recurring quest. Who always has time to do that? - no one! InnoGames thus successfully devalued our Chateau Frontenac. This is just an example how InnoGames spoils our fun

At least give us back our PvP towers !

Last edited:

bromtor

Squire
I think nobody has any doubts anymore, this is the worst innovation they have made in the game in their entire history ... it doesn't make sense ... I played PvP arena, the first few weeks and it's time not to play anymore ... if the Most stop playing it, this dies ... or I hope so, I wish ...
On the sidelines, multiplying events and special buildings have made all buildings in the tech tree obsolete ... Before there was a line in the game, now it's patch after patch ...

Its no innovation at all ,its a total downgrade no more it even looks the game i loved we begin with FoE because it was new and no click clik game
but now no more words for it FoE is dying and really faster then they understand PVP where the games core off playing.
Once a costumer runs away and find a other game Inno lost them because they feel so dissapointed by them
They have taken away 1000 options and give back 4 so we must be happy an jeh right they listen no only make a big mistake even bigger we never wanted it and we shall never like it our freedom off game play has been gone.Just let it run beside the old pvp then we had extension off our game play.

Last edited:

Nessie

Baronet
I still wonder why they took out the Towers...

Natalia1, post #1240, I quote her
"I am under impression that Inno needed to save some server resources, and they dropped PvP towers as well as displaying battle points after each battle (I really would like those back). This decision might have been driven by financial issues and has nothing to do with making the game better or more interesting. Clearly they know by now that this feature is the most complained about issue in the game so far. Not listening to all of the complaints shows that they have no interest in making their player base happy."

I also guess that this is the reason - financial considerations.

The managers of InnoGames want to make even more money therefore the players are disadvantaged - tough luck :mad:

Damn ... now the only fun thing in FoE is also stuck (Settlement issue, which prevent me from getting any furhter in my progress in Ancient Egypt !)
Inno, please, give us finally a GOOD respons on the upcoming changes for PvP Arena so we all can give repons on "that" and so we stop witth all this stupid comments, me inclusive(!) ...
I understand most (or all) beta players getting sooo mad (and/or sad) that they get more and more negative and all hope that PvP Arena is getting a nice change is melting like snow in the sun .... !
I'm a very patient person, but also my patience has it's limits and those limits are almost reached !!
EDIT :
and the longer I play that PvP Arena the lower rank I get, HOW in the name ... that's the previous "PvP Tournament Towers", but up side down !!!

Last edited:

Hedning1390

Farmer
Someone needs to explain what was good about the old pvp towers. Because regardless how good or bad this new pvp system will get the pvp towers were completely pointless and also wasn't really pvp since you didn't fight each other.

Fenix

Viceroy
Someone needs to explain what was good about the old pvp towers. Because regardless how good or bad this new pvp system will get the pvp towers were completely pointless and also wasn't really pvp since you didn't fight each other.
Totally wrong. In the beguining, and I start at 1 year ago, you need the towers to help you to get the extensions. This new thing is interdited to those players (and would give less medals). And it's a challenge to become in first every 7 days.

As I realize that beta is for testing, I feel I have given this PVP Arena a fair chance but I am done now. For the past week, the two top opponents have consistently been SAAB players. I am in FE. Now all three opponents are SAAB players. Clearly, this feature is intended only for SAAB level players to be successful. I'll be ignoring this feature.
prnt.sc/tuif67

bromtor

Squire
That so many times written down here more competition on different era.
FREE CHOICE WHO I FIGHT WITH AND WITH WHAT. And so on read the respons here but takes some time lots off pages never ever so many dislikes on a so
called improvement.At least there good at nr 1 item forum dislikes yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

Hedning1390

Farmer
Totally wrong. In the beguining, and I start at 1 year ago, you need the towers to help you to get the extensions. This new thing is interdited to those players (and would give less medals). And it's a challenge to become in first every 7 days.
I can almost believe 1 year ago that it was useful, but definitely not today. You say early ages. Well the medals given is also less early ages. Let's say a player is in ema. You get 75 medals for placing first in all 3 of ba, ia and ema combined. You cannot trick me into believing this is an important amount to any player today no matter how new. Not even on a brand new server with 0 high level great buildings to take the #5 spot on, because you can spin the summer event wheel and fail to get the price you wanted and still get 400 medals in that one spin, or you can collect your single harvest barn set for 26 medals per day (182 per week).

The 5th victory expansion costs 2000 medals. That takes more than half a year of finishing 1st in ba, ia and ema. In that time you should have already started your arc and started collecting orders of magnitude more medals.

That so many times written down here more competition on different era.
FREE CHOICE WHO I FIGHT WITH AND WITH WHAT. And so on read the respons here but takes some time lots off pages never ever so many dislikes on a so
called improvement.At least there good at nr 1 item forum dislikes yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Competition without prices are rather hollow. There isn't even any permanent record showing how many times you've won. Even if you win every week no one is looking so you'll get no recognition. Your victories means nothing. The system is pointless.

As for the free choice, yes, but how is that good? What's the challenge of defeating 8 easy units in gvg over and over in a province you liberated just to farm fights? Talk about pointless waste of your life doing that.

This new pvp system has the potential to be a lot better. They just need to fix matchmaking and balance it properly.