• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Thunderdome

Emperor
This all gives me bad taste and dont think i ever play a game from Inno again after this dissapointment. 8 years fun and a loyal player.
I feel ya, mate. I had played when FoE was first made because I needed something different. The other game I had used to play, their developers did not give a care for the players and always catered to the whales. That game I long since quit due to no balance or sorting (matching if you want to call it in this day and age) and things were either a bore or a chore.

When I first played FoE, I knew I was going to be in for the long haul when I read they got an award that was widely known. I would get friends, family, and everyone else in between to come play. Heck, I didn't even know of a beta until I somehow stumbled onto the "zz" server. The diamonds given were okay for being on and testing new things before it hits the regular (er, live) servers. I used to be the guy who is on "point" with the future news to spread to those that played with me (if they were not playing on beta). This had gone for about a year and a half until my life took too many turns and my time on the game was greatly reduced. Been gone many a years that my simple Colonial Age city was deleted due to inactivity.

I've decided to come back a few years ago but only to find that some changes happened, but didn't faze me one bit as I started to rebuild what was gone. Now, in the Post Modern Era, and seems like Inno just made their way with the pooch in disappointing the player base. Yeah, beta might be one portion of such but it's still a part of a whole. When live servers get a wind of this (yes, social media is a dangerous animal that I told those other developers on such that they didn't listen so Inno will follow the same path if it goes as it is now), no one is going to play. Many will quit and delete their cities. Inno will lose a lot of money.

It's never too late to do the right thing, Inno. You know what to do. It's your only hope.

dsvid

Farmer
I feel ya, mate. I had played when FoE was first made because I needed something different. The other game I had used to play, their developers did not give a care for the players and always catered to the whales. That game I long since quit due to no balance or sorting (matching if you want to call it in this day and age) and things were either a bore or a chore.

When I first played FoE, I knew I was going to be in for the long haul when I read they got an award that was widely known. I would get friends, family, and everyone else in between to come play. Heck, I didn't even know of a beta until I somehow stumbled onto the "zz" server. The diamonds given were okay for being on and testing new things before it hits the regular (er, live) servers. I used to be the guy who is on "point" with the future news to spread to those that played with me (if they were not playing on beta). This had gone for about a year and a half until my life took too many turns and my time on the game was greatly reduced. Been gone many a years that my simple Colonial Age city was deleted due to inactivity.

I've decided to come back a few years ago but only to find that some changes happened, but didn't faze me one bit as I started to rebuild what was gone. Now, in the Post Modern Era, and seems like Inno just made their way with the pooch in disappointing the player base. Yeah, beta might be one portion of such but it's still a part of a whole. When live servers get a wind of this (yes, social media is a dangerous animal that I told those other developers on such that they didn't listen so Inno will follow the same path if it goes as it is now), no one is going to play. Many will quit and delete their cities. Inno will lose a lot of money.

It's never too late to do the right thing, Inno. You know what to do. It's your only hope.
Bring back the old towers, you have taken all the fun out of fighting :(

Nessie

Baronet
I've lost a lot of friends over the past few weeks who have given up on the game out of frustration, partly because of "PvP" Arena which can be considered as the icing on the cake.
They had started to play this game as a construction and strategy game - meanwhile they rather play poker LOL. It's all about luck / chances and how InnoGames can pull the money out of your pocket.

I don’t spend money on a game that no longer meets my expectations and where I have the feeling to get fooled somehow

Last edited:

DeletedUser9974

[QUOTE = "Nessie, message: 108269, membre: 8998"]
J'ai perdu beaucoup d'amis ces dernières semaines qui ont abandonné le jeu par frustration, en partie à cause de "PvP" Arena qui peut être considérée comme la cerise sur le gâteau.
Ils avaient commencé ce jeu à un moment donné comme un jeu de construction et de stratégie - en attendant, ils jouent plutôt au poker LOL. Tout est question de chance / chances et de la façon dont InnoGames peut tirer l'argent de votre poche
[/CITATION]

si ils implantent cette folie sur les autres serveurs, il y aura beaucoup de monde qui vont arrêter le jeu
if they implement this madness on the other servers, there will be a lot of people who will stop the game

bromtor

Squire
I've lost a lot of friends over the past few weeks who have given up on the game out of frustration, partly because of "PvP" Arena which can be considered as the icing on the cake.
They had started this game at some point as a construction and strategy game - meanwhile they rather play poker LOL. It's all about luck / chances and how InnoGames can pull the money out of your pocket
Yes so true for me last week only forum one off my longest guild mate he quit i have left the guild i where founder off simply the fun is gone they dont now what there doing otherwise they dont let us suffer so much worst thing what comes with it also no more lust for playing on the life servers.
Why when they place this crap all seems a waste off time now.
4th week now so boring.

jovada

Regent
4 times out of 5 and guess who is my next opponent , and meanwhile they discuss our feedback for weeks now whahahahaha

Attachments

• pvp 2.png
    pvp 2.png
    453 KB · Views: 26
  • pvp 3.png
    pvp 3.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 25

Hedning1390

Farmer
I just fought a battle with ema units facing similar ia units with less combat bonus, and I lost. See attached image.

Currently there's no feedback for me to figure out why I lost even when I should have had a huge advantage. If we are forced to use autobattle there needs to be some feedback or this just feels random.

Attachments

• qgUCkgu.png
    qgUCkgu.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 20

Arwaren

Squire
Another day without PvP arena updates (6 days in a row)
Currently there's no feedback for me to figure out why I lost even when I should have had a huge advantage. If we are forced to use autobattle there needs to be some feedback or this just feels random.
It is not known why this button is missing ... after three weeks, even though it was reported here, we still cannot see how our units fight in the automatic battle in the PvP Arena(although in other functions we have this option)
Przechwytywanie231231.PNG

Why I never will spend any diamonds to buy extra attempts ?
Well, not really planning to buy diamonds (even if Inno gived me on beta many!) ... but EACH TIME ... after a few wins, mostly against too easy EMA units (me in Progr. Era) ... my rank goes up to around #820 ... well, at that points ... a few rounds I get 3 impossible choices, so I've no other choice than LOOSING a few battles and my rank goes like #820 >>>> #950 ....
So each day over again (!!) my rank goes like a jojo !!
So EVEN if I buy extra attempts with diamonds ... it will NOT help me to bring me to a better rank !!!
Only players who're in SAM / SAAB can (maybe?) have an advantage buying extra attempts with diamonds ...

So Inno's very first "change" (unlimited buy of attempts with diamonds) ... in the hope to get more money(?) ... is cutting in their own pockets of money !!!
Well, just my saying .... now you know Inno, maybe this give you a nightmare ? Well, then it's TIME to WAKE UP ! :p

trial

Farmer
Hi,
since more than one week I've not defended against opponent according to my log : no defeat but also no victory. In the same amount of time I had nearly a dozen the week before. Is there any reason for ?

jovada

Regent
Hi,
since more than one week I've not defended against opponent according to my log : no defeat but also no victory. In the same amount of time I had nearly a dozen the week before. Is there any reason for ?

Yes there is one big reason for it , pvp is a complete dissaster , nothing is good , not the fights (always same opponents) not the defence ( why some are attacked all day long and others not ? ) not the rewards ( poor for everyone even if you are in the top 50) and new players or not SAAB players make not a chance to be in the top 500

With the previous pvp towers you could fight in your own era ( and other era's if it pleased you, you had choices), your neighbourhood was in the same pvp-era as you mostly and you had more fair battles. Expedition and Battleground you could chose to fight with 3 different era-army to climb in a pvp-tower.

So have any of these developpers have a good answer why they cancelled a good working pvp , and made this monster instead? They don't have the guts to come here and give explication, no they come on facebook answering no difficult questions but parade with their events and saying how good they are.
Well i say curse you for destroying OUR FOE and i say our because we the players made it great with the developpers of the first hours.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
Hi,
Same reason why some of us have that as well. In the time until I just left it alone, I only had 2 or 3 folks attacked my lone drummer (really, there is no point in putting up a defense on something that isn't even fun to begin with).

I don't see any PvP to it if it's only a few people that attack while I was attacking various "players" (if they still count NPCs as such). It's more like Player vs Environment (PvE) if you ask me. The only thing this travesty is good for is having those extra battles to be won (or units to be defeated) when a quest (either daily or event) asks for such and you already had already done the other stuff.

A lot of us (myself included) had thrown many suggestions on how to improve this. To this date, only 2 requests were answered (yes, the adding of manual battles and the reduction of time per attempt from the dreaded 4 hours to just 2 are the only ones as I will not count the 1% increase in rewards to be a game changer). And, to this date, we've been kept in the dark. You would think that someone from Inno would be on the floor, talking to us, since this is something to be considered the "life and death" of a product (game) that will bear great consequences of the worst kind if it continues its route.

Basically, they might as well pull the damn plug.

I do 5 fights last PVP Arena
7pj3.jpg

and then :
h3cf.jpg

I'm not inactive i do 5 fights !!!! I have lost 5 spearfighters and then nothing !!!!
I'm on EMA i can't do 5000 fights a week !!!

I think nobody has any doubts anymore, this is the worst innovation they have made in the game in their entire history ... it doesn't make sense ... I played PvP arena, the first few weeks and it's time not to play anymore ... if the Most stop playing it, this dies ... or I hope so, I wish ...
On the sidelines, multiplying events and special buildings have made all buildings in the tech tree obsolete ... Before there was a line in the game, now it's patch after patch ...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Contingent on fixing the matchmaking (which is still the biggest issue with this tower - somehow you need to not be showing players in the middle ages SAAB opponents right from the beginning of each week - whether that's an adaptation of the matching system or separate rankings per-age)

This might be an interesting place for allowing players to set a 2-wave defense as a counterpoint to the manual battle (which should be kept!). It's something players have occasionally asked for the ability to do in their cities, and while I disagree with it there - here it seems like it'd be an interesting addition.

Other things:
The 5 "defense" limit needs to go if defense is to matter.
Changing one's defense should have a cooldown to avoid people cooperating to let friends through with easy fights and then put up a real defense.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Changing one's defense should have a cooldown to avoid people cooperating to let friends through with easy fights and then put up a real defense.
Some of us really do not care for defense on a feature that is not fun to begin with. I invite anyone out there who comes across me to smack my lone drummer around if they want to get through, lol. Maybe when Inno decides to either scrap this (highly encouraged) and bring back the towers or heed to our suggestions in making this the way it was meant/supposed to be, I will decide to try again.

For now, I am just playing "Farmville" and paying my neighbors a visit.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some of us really do not care for defense on a feature that is not fun to begin with. I invite anyone out there who comes across me to smack my lone drummer around if they want to get through, lol. Maybe when Inno decides to either scrap this (highly encouraged) and bring back the towers or heed to our suggestions in making this the way it was meant/supposed to be, I will decide to try again.

For now, I am just playing "Farmville" and paying my neighbors a visit.

Oh I have no qualm if someone wants to run 1 drummer all the time - wherever they end is fair.

Just think about metagaming where a guild for instance tries to cooperate to put everyone higher using up "defense charges" with quick losses on high ranked guildmates so no more defenses count, then the high ranking players putting up 1 drummer for a short duration so all ages of their guildmate can trample it (while they lose no points since their defenses for the day are "done") and get easy points, and finally putting up a real defense so that everyone else runs into the wall that a SAAB player should be :p

Hence the cooldown to avoid swapping armies, and the suggestion that all defenses should count, not just the first 5.