• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

shemilla

Farmer
Once again I'd like to reassure you that I am passing on all of your feedback and it is still being discussed. I don't have any updates for you as yet, but will let you know as soon as I have anything.

Seriously, how long does it take for the developers to realise that basically NO ONE actually likes this feature and we all want the towers back in place? if the developers were actually listening to our feedback they would have brought back the towers by now, even if they kept the other stupid pvp crap. That would at least give us a choice while the developers bum around "talking" about it!

You can still attack your neighbours and battle points gained from these battles are still calculated towards your ranking points.

This may be so but we want to SEE it and get the same rewards we used to get from it. I enjoyed seeing my tally rise and my standing on the list - it kept things interesting. right now its as boring as can be. If this is how it stays I will be off to find another game as this was a big part of my play here and if I cant get it back it is pointless continuing.

Proven Legend

Merchant
Die änderung zum Manuellen Kampf ist gut aber warum habe ich nach jedem gewonnen Kampf 3 Gegener zur auswahl die in wesentlich höheren Zeitaltern sind wo ich nur verlieren kann, da trettet man auf der stelle so macht das kein Spass und ich werd so nicht weitermachen

Please add an English translation
The change to the manual fight is good but why do I have after each won fight 3 opponents to choose which are in much higher ages where I can only lose, since trettet you on the place so this is not fun and I will not continue like this

Natalia1

Squire
I am under impression that Inno needed to save some server resources, and they dropped PvP towers as well as displaying battle points after each battle (I really would like those back). This decision might have been driven by financial issues and has nothing to do with making the game better or more interesting. Clearly they know by now that this feature is the most complained about issue in the game so far. Not listening to all of the complaints shows that they have no interest in making their player base happy.

Nessie

Baronet
I am under impression that Inno needed to save some server resources, and they dropped PvP towers as well as displaying battle points after each battle (I really would like those back). This decision might have been driven by financial issues and has nothing to do with making the game better or more interesting. Clearly they know by now that this feature is the most complained about issue in the game so far. Not listening to all of the complaints shows that they have no interest in making their player base happy.

That's exactly what I'm thinking too.

@InnoGames: don't saw off the branch you are sitting on. There are inevitable consequences if you upset your customers too much. The arrogance with which players' opinions is beeing ignored is outrageous

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
So you're saying that the old towers had more impact on gameplay than plundering resources does? I dunno, if absolutely nothing has changed in regards to plundering then that's still plenty of reason to keep attacking neighbors in my book.
Most of the time I hardly get jack from the neighbors when it comes to plundering. I only plunder if someone does it in kind to me that sets off a revenge hair in me, and only if I can break through their defenses, which I had my share of those in a higher age than me or a bit more defense/low attack than me. The towers is what kept me hitting them for at least I would get something for my efforts and see where I stack up with them.

Now, with hoping what @Dudettas said was true, I can go back to attacking the neighbors and ditch that travesty that is called the PVP Arena.

moideux

Merchant
I have been playing this game almost since day 1, Inno has never fixed anything, all they have ever done is introduce new "FEATURES" and removed things people liked. This is nothing new for Inno, they did in \The West too, before this game. As Nat stated, we are only allowed to infer from the Dev's lack of response that it is all about server time and Buck$...

bromtor

Squire
I have been playing this game almost since day 1, Inno has never fixed anything, all they have ever done is introduce new "FEATURES" and removed things people liked. This is nothing new for Inno, they did in \The West too, before this game. As Nat stated, we are only allowed to infer from the Dev's lack of response that it is all about server time and Buck$...
Yeh agree if its about server time then its fixed think 2 third off players will abanden there game seen it happening already on Beta Server.
Towers where the life line for the game now its just plain boring.If this goos life dont think FoE exist long with the social media we all have many many many bad and angry reviews they gonne be the NR1 with bad reviews.

Last edited:

Thunderbummy

Marquis
It is a very long time since I have had any faith in Inno Games to "do the right thing" History has repeatedly displayed their mind numbing arrogance when confronted by angry customers. I assume that this has been justified in their minds by outstanding commercial success. Despite the many trial and tribulations, the game has, until now, remained interesting and captivating. The towers were an intrinsic element of the game which kept many thousands logging in on a daily basis - without them, the game is dull and boring. Wanting and trying to be "king of the hill" on a weekly basis has been a major element of game play. With the competition being restricted to approx 75 neighbors, which are changed weekly on beta & bi-weekly on live servers, there was always a good chance of success. To try to replace the towers, where there would be hundreds of weekly winners across the ages and servers with only a "single winner" for each server shows a total lack of understanding of the game.
As things now stand, only about 50 SAAB players per server will even be able to compete for the top spot. The weekly roll over of 90% of ranking points will reduce this ever further. Basically, if you don't win the first week, it will take a massive diamond spend to get anywhere near the top. The competition essentially excludes 99.99% of the active players on every server, just by virtue of their game age. This really is a fundamental failure. If you guys at Inno really can't see that, I suggest that you all start looking for new jobs because the future is looking very bleak to me.

Nessie

Baronet
My opponent #1 hasn't changed, it's always the same one (not sure since when, I didn't pay attention). Is this a new "feature" or is it a bug ?

Please leave any feedback for the new PvP Arena here.
You can find all the details here
Please report any bugs in our bug section here.
I very disappointed with the Beta area. I been playing since 2013 and I am reaching a level where I may have to just drop this whole game. The new PvP is nothing more then a diamond trap. In fact since I pasted Ocean level, I been finding a large push back from FOE on playing any battles. Killing the Towers has ruined all the excitement for me. It FOE does that on the regular level I will go back to playing Mechwarrior or Dialbo III. I will turn off the game for good. I end up spending $20 to $40 dollars a month and what am I getting. FOE isn't interested in keeping us happy, but seems to be pulling every trick to get us to spend more. I really like the game, or I wouldn't have played all this time...but there is a limit. Knock this stuff off and restore the Towers

DeletedUser10244

my feedback
complete fail
The tower tournaments were useful for small players to get some extra medals. When in fighting in different age (GvG) place 1 is easy. Keep them,
In the tournament Im getting SAAB+SAAB+OF or similar constantly. Im in Industrial Age. Im out of PvP tournaments.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I believe the Matching need some work. As it is now, only the 50 point fight is possible. The 100 point should be possible min 50% of the times
I don't know why I get so many SAAB, sometimes 3 of them. Are there way more high TA players here on Beta?
Make the matching more fair and make 5 choices, 50, 75, 100, 150 og 200 points fights.

bromtor

Squire
I very disappointed with the Beta area. I been playing since 2013 and I am reaching a level where I may have to just drop this whole game. The new PvP is nothing more then a diamond trap. In fact since I pasted Ocean level, I been finding a large push back from FOE on playing any battles. Killing the Towers has ruined all the excitement for me. It FOE does that on the regular level I will go back to playing Mechwarrior or Dialbo III. I will turn off the game for good. I end up spending $20 to $40 dollars a month and what am I getting. FOE isn't interested in keeping us happy, but seems to be pulling every trick to get us to spend more. I really like the game, or I wouldn't have played all this time...but there is a limit. Knock this stuff off and restore the Towers
Im so agree with you many think the way you do.

qaccy

Emperor
I don't have a problem with this feature continuing to be developed. Neighbors can still be attacked as always, neighbors can still be plundered as always, and points are still gained from battles as always. The only thing lost is the towers themselves, which are little more than lists showing who's done the most GvG/GBG in your neighborhood that week, rewarding a pittance of medals that do nothing for anyone who's built an Arc (which is something that any active player is going to have extremely early in their FoE journey). Is this just people in active GvG/GBG guilds being upset that they no longer get to see their name at the top of the tower list every week as they sit in neighborhoods with a bunch of players who only log in to collect and barely get a dozen fights per week? Is it an ego thing? It's either that or I'm overlooking something about why the towers are so important to keep.

Last edited:

bromtor

Squire
I don't have a problem with this feature continuing to be developed. Neighbors can still be attacked as always, neighbors can still be plundered as always, and points are still gained from battles as always. The only thing lost is the towers themselves, which are little more than lists showing who's done the most GvG/GBG in your neighborhood that week, rewarding a pittance of medals that do nothing for anyone who's built an Arc (which is something that any active player is going to have extremely early in their FoE) journey. Is this just people in active GvG/GBG guilds being upset that they no longer get to see their name at the top of the tower list every week as they sit in neighborhoods with a bunch of players who only log in to collect and barely get a dozen fights per week? Is it an ego thing? It's either that or I'm overlooking something about why the towers are so important to keep.
Yeh just an ego thing its not about competition neh just ego, its not about more prices for many players neh ego thing so on and on this way its very self
thingking dont you agree neh just my ego writing that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10402

Matching seems really off on pvp. Am AF but seem to have SAAB x 2 and sometimes 3. Why? How are they matched. If it defence / attack bonus then penalising players who make the effort to finish events and raise both a + d bonuses in general doesn’t seem great. Frustrating and I am losing units for the effort. Needs tweaking. Good idea but becoming unplayable.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I don't have a problem with this feature continuing to be developed. Neighbors can still be attacked as always, neighbors can still be plundered as always, and points are still gained from battles as always. The only thing lost is the towers themselves, which are little more than lists showing who's done the most GvG/GBG in your neighborhood that week, rewarding a pittance of medals that do nothing for anyone who's built an Arc (which is something that any active player is going to have extremely early in their FoE) journey. Is this just people in active GvG/GBG guilds being upset that they no longer get to see their name at the top of the tower list every week as they sit in neighborhoods with a bunch of players who only log in to collect and barely get a dozen fights per week? Is it an ego thing? It's either that or I'm overlooking something about why the towers are so important to keep.

Ha Ha Ha how misguided you are my friend, at the moment on the real world EN I have amassed over 21 Million points in order to hold 1st place in CE and I am not sure that will be enough, so much for people only logging in to collect as even the player in 20th place has over 3 million points

the medal's are a bonus, but a vital source of medals for players in the lower era's yes my Arc is at level 80+ that is not the argument the argument is

it's the competition that keeps this game alive