• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

I will also get negative feelback if I give my boy a bike, when he want an electric scooters but maybe there are a reason wht he got a bike and not an electric scooters :D
Yes but i hope you do not say "it's like that and then that's it", you explain your choice. Your son can understand if you explain why he can't have the electric scooters that he dreams, FOE gamers can also understand if developers explain their choices. But here they do not explain and put on live servers as it (like the last events). Beta CM say "I can't tell you anything but we are listening to you" or "I don't know I will find out" and then... nothing...
Developers could come and explain their choices here a little more often instead of doing it through intermediaries

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Boy, look at all the folks here forgetting that this is beta. At least wait until it's out on live before you go throwing insults around. This is the server where things get tested and adjusted. Try to remember that, mmkay? As if the past several new features and events aren't already evidence of this.

To be fair - this feature didn't even seem beta-ready. It seems conceptually poor and fair to ask questions like: "who is this even aimed at?" "how did you think this was even conceptually ready to show us yet?"

I'm sure there will be changes. Hopefully at minimum that whole low age players mostly see high age players as their opponent thing that seems poorly thought out. It still seems like it'll be a poor feature at that point - and I expect it'll eventually go live as a poor feature.

But without 40 pages of screaming there might well not have been changes. So the insults serve a purpose. 10 pages of negative feedback might go through as is stubbornly. 40 well that stands out as something they're going to do something about ;)

On the other hand, it's possible they showed it to us this bad just because by comparison when it's still bad but not AS bad the screaming will be more muted :p Perhaps they know this is a horrible feature and are just being sneaky about showing an even-worse version of it first so they can pretend they were listening to complaints as they eventually force through an already-planned revised version that still almost noone wants.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
well after a week of playing this I JUST LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how the only time a second possibly beatable opponent is available is when I would have to spend diamonds HA HA HA your having a laugh

give your heads a shake and find something your paymasters ie Players WANT

Sida

Farmer
I'm in the colonial era. My weakest opponent is the ocean.
This is the result of a battle. Expected.
Do you really think it's normal?

Attachments

• 2020-07-20_01-09-37.png
    2020-07-20_01-09-37.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
I will also get negative feelback if I give my boy a bike, when he want an electric scooters but maybe there are a reason wht he got a bike and not an electric scooters :D
There you have it. Someone with a logical approach.

Many of us are in the dark as we voiced our disdain for such a feature and the only change we got was something that none of the players had mentioned. If this were to get out (in which I think it has) to the live community, I am pretty sure that everyone will either steer clear of this or just quit the game as it's no use in trying to attack a neighbor unless they are plundering and being a dick about it. Heck, not even plundering would be worth it without an incentive of getting us up on the rankings via points.

It reminded me of a game I used to play where they done changed the mechanic of a famed feature (I mean done a quick 180) and everyone just quit as a result of this "one size fits all" mentality conjured up by the developers.

Man, this game has gone up from being a great game to kill the time to a game that killed it all.

Yekk

Regent
Edwin said:
"

It's actually sad how little idea game developers have of their own game.
I am in the HMA and have opponents from SAAB, SAM, AF etc. "

It really did not need a translation now did it? same thing everyone else has said...

ArianX

Merchant
Their Attack do not matter, it is their defense % you are up against.
Your Angreb is 130/135. You can boost it with Silver from friends taverna and the red bottels with Attack

The Mars guys defense is 42/92, that's really poor, you should be able to take him
The future guy is 133/471, you can't handle that
The Postmodern guy is 29/56, that should be easy

I'm a gambler, I would go for the 200 point

Don't forget to use rouges as they will take the first shot and then changes, but not all can be Rouges, ar they can only changes to an unit there is in your army

Do pls use some hma troops in one of the fights you get and post that result, cos even with a good attack bonus, don't see how you can beat troops that many eras ahead speacially with lower era troops, unless they have spears/rogues as defense.
Maybe I'm wrong, but lost every battle that was more than one era ahead of mine, unless they had spears as defense.
With each era, troops have more base att/def than the previous one, not to mention habilities, zb a light unit from hma has 20/16 att/def base, while a sam light unit has 550/450 att/def base

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Do pls use some hma troops in one of the fights you get and post that result, cos even with a good attack bonus, don't see how you can beat troops that many eras ahead speacially with lower era troops, unless they have spears/rogues as defense.
Maybe I'm wrong, but lost every battle that was more than one era ahead of mine, unless they had spears as defense.
With each era, troops have more base att/def than the previous one, not to mention habilities, zb a light unit from hma has 20/16 att/def base, while a sam light unit has 550/450 att/def base

Well with work you can handle more than 1 era ahead probably. Maybe as many as 3 or 4 if your attack boost is really high and their defense boost is not. But no there's no way HMA troops are taking an actual SAAB defense on and winning.

I was in IA and moved up to EMA this past Thursday (after my guild's GBG started first) to see what the PvP Arena is like.

I did read all 42 pages, and essentially everything has been said... I want to give thanks to those here who put only 1 rogue so I can get +50 points every time battling (@VeniVidiVeni, @praeceptor... I remember you two the most grins). I also seem to have not been fought against either. The log doesn't show any entries of that.

I realized one thing that even if someone is in SAAB, SAM, FE etc... and has some defending %... but if they also volunteer to put 1 rogue in (because they don't care about ranking since they can only win some chests that they can easily win in other places such as GBG!).. then we can feel safe to battle them. :)

I understand that the tournament was interrupted earlier this week... but now I'm seeing that I got rewards overnight (2nd interruption?). I had 7,000 combat points and was ranked #2468... oh wait, it's midnight on Beta world, never mind... I won: 8 medals, 12,000 coins, 1 Armored Infantry.... that's something I can earn from my city by just 1 or 2 buildings *each day*... yep, my Governor's Villa Level 9 gives me 4 units, 10K coins, 35 goods, 8 FP per day... I have a Mikoto Bridge (I wish I got the Mikana one, so don't mention that to me lol).... and it gives me 12K coins, 38 medals, 15 goods, 7 FP per day... why did I mention that event building?

To point out that it gives me 38 medals per day while PvP Arena says "if you are ranked between 1,000-3,000, you will get 8 medals after a week"... makes sense? Nope.

That alone has to change...

Thunderbummy

Marquis
From reading this feedback and speaking to guild members and friends, it is clear that Inno have totally underestimated just how much the old PvP towers mean to a large proportion of the players. The matching and prize issues of the new release can be fixed but even then it will be a very poor replacement for the old PvP. Really guys, the game is just not the same without the old competition - it is boring. There is no skill involved - just pure chance and the way that it is set up - it will always depend on chance. Even if the match pool is changed to be same age only it will depend entirely upon the defense army & defense bonus of the matches offered - the is no skill in trying to overcome that. Too high a defense - you loose - auto ensures that. It will be fine to keep the new thing as an extra competition, to run along side the original weekly tower tournaments but without the original towers I honestly believe that many of us will leave the game.

Aether7

Farmer
Boy, look at all the folks here forgetting that this is beta. At least wait until it's out on live before you go throwing insults around. This is the server where things get tested and adjusted. Try to remember that, mmkay? As if the past several new features and events aren't already evidence of this.

This feature should never make it out of beta. mmkay? The developers have a riot on their hands and they need to hear it.

Fenix

Viceroy

And this comparison is truly a bad one, if this is the intend behaviour in this feature something is rotten with the developing teem.

podkap1970

Emperor
well one thing you need to fix, that you don't get the 10 FP into the bar (if you win them sunday night, even for Inno or beta server its night). or you lose all your FPs in the bar, or you think i will stay up the night to empty the FP-bar?
please fix this!

Teak

Steward
I think the main issue of this feature will be the balancing:
Scenario 1:
The loot is worth rearranging your city
To get a proper defense you would easily lose 3-400 FPs a day... the latest boost in attack bonuses require you to get at least 600|1000 to have a realistic chance of defending ... even in auto battle.
will the loot compensate for that ... I highly doubt it.
scenario 2:
Everybody (like battlegrounds) will rise to the higher ranks and the loot is just mediocre... clicking a handful of fights a day and you’re done and dusted. Well... what’s the point of the feature? High age players don’t need the pathetic loot (hell yeah, I definitely need another def or attack potion) and lower players, who might see a benefit by the loot, get completely wiped.
Pls Innogames... take long term approaches to your features:
Battlegrounds messes up (everybody is in diamond now- why even have a rank system? There are over 60 guilds on my main server in dia... so EVERY player who is active and the guild isn’t too small) nobody needs the tavern anymore, half of the GBs are worthless - the other half isn’t worth a FP after level 80 or 100, GvG is getting less and less played, because everybody burns troops and goods in GBG ( didn’t predict that half a year ago ;) )
Pls give us a LONGTERM feature we can commit

and if you don’t know how to: ask your playerbase in advance if your ideas go in the right direction

mamita

Farmer
Je suis postmoderne et je dois attaquer les Martiens ... je perds, normal
ce sont des martiens qui m'attaquent et je perds encore des points, normal ...
eh bien, j'arrête cette innovation qui ne m'apporte rien du tout et je regrette les tournées PvP
mais comme il est inutile de le dire voiture les concepteurs envisagés sur cette fonctionnalité ... ils ne reculeront pas et j'ai une motivation de moins pour rester sur le jeu: furieux:

if all who are against this feature remove their armies, the designers will see our discontent much better than anything we can write here

bromtor

Squire
Je suis postmoderne et je dois attaquer les Martiens ... je perds, normal
ce sont des martiens qui m'attaquent et je perds encore des points, normal ...
eh bien, j'arrête cette innovation qui ne m'apporte rien du tout et je regrette les tournées PvP
mais comme il est inutile de le dire puisque les designers semblent fixés sur cette fonctionnalité ... ils ne reculeront pas et j'ai une motivation de moins pour rester sur le jeu:furieux:

Ik ben postmodern en ik moet de marsmannetjes aanvallen. Ik verlies, normaal Marsmannetjes vallen me aan en ik verlies nog steeds punten, normaal ... Nou, ik stop deze innovatie die me helemaal niets oplevert en ik heb spijt van de PvP-tours maar het is onnodig om te zeggen dat de ontwerpers op deze functie lijken te lijken ... ze zullen niet terugvallen en ik heb een motivatie minder om bij het spel te blijven: woedend:

I'm postmodern and I have to attack the Martians ... I lose, normal
it is Martians who attack me and I still lose points, normal ...
well, I stop this innovation which brings me nothing at all and I regret the PvP tours
but as it is needless to say because the designers envisaged on this functionality ... they will not back down and I have one less motivation to stay on the game: furious:

Last edited: