• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

It is more than a year sinse I was in LMA, maybe 1-2 light army or 1-2 archers and the rest rouges. There are players in the higher ages, with little defense %. You have a nice Attack % for your age.
I tried the indy army with 0% and won, dang did not expect that. If you didn't post then I probably would have sat on my hands until I got kicked off the feature. Didn't want to lose all my units, but I lost half here.

But that's not to say, to the devs, that any of this is reasonable and that people more than one era up should NOT be in my list.

mitch

Farmer
No manual option, no chance against higher era players. At least with the old system you were pitted against players from the same era. Scrap it and try again. Better yet, just scrap it.

Yekk

Regent
Jovada, I think Dudetta's last post translates as accounting has more of a say than the players do. That this will happen even if no few use it as those few may spend real money which is more important than decent game play...

Fenix

Viceroy
And the reverse is: was for the first time attacked. Obviously I can't defend myself against a SAAB player (it is impossible, I am colonial).

This is what is terribly wrong with this thing. I get only 3 options, generally 2 are impossible, sometimes 3 are impossible. And apparently I appear as a target to high era players (it is impossible any kind of defence).

And if the players are being matched with the number of fights that shows that the person(s) involved in the development of this feature does not know nothing about the game.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
I appreciate that the first change made is not a popular one for most if not all of you on the forum, and not something you have seen requested in the Forum either. We collect feedback in different ways and the forum is not the only place that feedback is gathered from.

First to be implemented does not mean it was the highest priority, just that it was the easiest to implement. There are further changes coming but I cannot tell you what those changes are right now. I am aware that you will be feeling that your feedback isn't being considered, and whilst I can assure you it is, I have nothing I can share with you over the weekend.
Majority of us aren't stupid. When you said feedback is gathered from other sources than just the forum, another place comes to mind which is the support part. Else, there could not be any other form since this is a beta test feature (and we're the beta players) and wasn't released in the live servers.

So, let's try again. Throw us a bone from Inno about the stuff that is being said on this, not of something that isn't even remotely suggested on this forum by anyone.

Fenix

Viceroy
Shouldn't be the norm to get one feasible target, but getting the same one in a row is worse... There are 70 neighbours (raking from strong to easy), how many targets do we have is this feature (must be a really tiny number)?

1595131858934.png

Keritan

Squire
I am hoping the new Arena is in flux and will settle out with better opponents. Right now at HMA, I keep getting SAAB or SAM for both the med and hard fights. not exactly doable.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I tried the indy army with 0% and won, dang did not expect that. If you didn't post then I probably would have sat on my hands until I got kicked off the feature. Didn't want to lose all my units, but I lost half here.
Yes losing army hurt for early ages, When you find room and goods for an Alca GB in your town, losing army won't hurt so much.
But that's not to say, to the devs, that any of this is reasonable and that people more than one era up should NOT be in my list.
Just like with neighbor fights, some players do set up a good defense and do have several GB and buildings that increase their defense % and others don't care and have very low defense % and maybe only 2 useless spearfighters. Here they may choose a better army but if their Defense % are way lower than your Attack %, you may have a chance even vs higher timeages.

Remember both Attack (you attaking) and defense (City defense) do have have a % for attack and defense. You can se that in your main hall

Fenix

Viceroy
Shouldn't be a clock somewhere telling us when this will end?
One funniest thing, I do not think that I have seen one player from my age.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
In the PvP Arana vil you find a button, Your Army allows you to assign your attacking units and attach your defending ones The defending army will be marked orange, there are a orange button left to use to mark them with.

Last night, my colonial grenadiers were attacked by a Modern era player and a Future era player: curiously enough, they lost. :rolleyes:
But the point is that I was labelled as a "medium" opponent (I lost 100 points in every attack). How can a Colonial era player be the medium opponent for a Future era player? This matching system is more than flawed. As a low-era player, you can't win most fights and, if you climb a little in the ranking, you are smashed. There's no fun in that. With the towers' tournament, I could be a champion several times every week. Here, I'm just cannon-fodder for older players.

@bromtor : I think they listen. When @Dudettas says they don't have only the forum as feedback, I think it simply means they look at the data: how many diamonds were spent and bought by the players, how many players do participate, how many fights have been fought, and so on.

For example, the first change can mean two things: players have spent a lot of diamonds in the Arena so Inno wants them to keep spending or, in the contrary, players don't spend diamonds in the Arena and Inno hopes to increase the spending by letting players buy their ranking.

I do really hope other bigger changes will be done but I understand why nothing significant was done the first week. Revamping the matching system isn't easy and you have to reset the tournament.

Yes losing army hurt for early ages, When you find room and goods for an Alca GB in your town, losing army won't hurt so much.

Just like with neighbor fights, some players do set up a good defense and do have several GB and buildings that increase their defense % and others don't care and have very low defense % and maybe only 2 useless spearfighters. Here they may choose a better army but if their Defense % are way lower than your Attack %, you may have a chance even vs higher timeages.

Remember both Attack (you attaking) and defense (City defense) do have have a % for attack and defense. You can se that in your main hall
Don't assume that I'm in LMA here and not in SAA on live. I get my defenses kicked with hoovers two times yesturday, but my argument is still valid ESPECIALLY for younger age people. I'm in the bottom 1000 with easy/medium battles won and only one time I lost agaisnt LMA defense of 600% and one time my army was defeated by someone else. No possible way of getting a higher rank without high age units and 800%+ attack power to go against difficult opponents. In the most ideal circumstances, I'm still ranked 1000?? Do you not see how pitting a level 1 barbarian against a level 80 mage on the SIGNIFICANTLY small chances that the mage rolls a 1 on the attack might be considered unfair to most?