• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

bromtor

Squire
FoE becomes a game like the other 1000000 ones no more a really stand out wow the way they started in 2011 was a rebellation to all the others.
FoE even won prices best design game and fun play.
Seen it the last years many times so called improvements where nothing more then cosmetic and now before reading and lisening to the players its annaunced at the life servers.
When i go to a movie i pay because the movie is great.
Played 9 years spend every year around 50 to 80 euro why when i buy a new game i also spend 50 - 60 euro and it keeps the game running because i loved it and spend dayley time on it.
But with so less fun with the downgrade off Forge Off Empires ( Forge off AI ) i will no langer spend 1 euro and must likely i will leave the game.

No more fun attacking naughbors and look at the towers
No more fun fighting different era`s.

Developers must talk with players or play there own game to now what the players want and thats not a stupid klik klik game like the other 10000000 ones

This comment will most likely be removed dont care anymore the love for FoE is dropping.

Last edited:

bromtor

Squire
Wir wollen manuelle Kämpfe
Wir wollen echte Gegner, nicht EMA gegen SAAB.
Wir wollen wirklich, dass Mehrwert entsteht.
Und wenn das nicht funktioniert :
Gib uns JETZT die PvP Türme zurück !

We want manual battles
We want real opponents, not EMA against SAAB.
We really want to add value.
And if that doesn't work:
Give us the PvP Towers back NOW!

Copy it , paste it see it as i vote.

Queen Amaria

Steward
Please do not delete the old PvP-Towers of the live servers - These are much more interesting!

I tried to find something, but there is nothing positive about the new feature.

Improvements:
- separate ages! (different rankings, no higher units)
- allow manual fighting
- no diamond deals for attempts
-> so you can measure your strength and have fair PvP!

Otherwise, as with the theater, I would ask for the option of making the tower invisible. The north coast then appears less cluttered.

Luke Stark

Marquis
did someone got attacked while she/he wasnt in the game? I'm looking through the logs but until now nobody tried to attack me yet

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Constructive Comments.
Keep the new feature and develop it to work as intended over time but rename it "Arena Battles" or some other such thing. After all it is an optional feature and some if not many players may end up using it. Review the rewards to balance the effort required to compete and win more fairly.
Understand the competitive nature of the majority of players and turn the original PvP towers back on. Both competitions can run side by side and every one will be happy.
Quite simply, a major factor of playing this game is measuring progress and performance against our peers. After every battle in PvP and GBG and at the end of every session in GE I would check how I was doing against the neighbors. Did I need a few more battles to overtake some one or to stay in the lead or just to get on the leader boards? Which ages did I need to work harder at? Which neighbors offered defenses that I could beat with lower age troops to have a showing on those towers? The excitement of the chase on a Sunday evening when the towers were coming to a close. Did I care about medals? - not one iota. Did I want a good showing against the neighbors? - yes. This process was undertaken several times per day and provided the driving force behind the game for me. It is very similar to the league system in many events. Competitive players want to win and need to be able to measure that. With only one winner for a whole server, the new feature simply does not provide the required stimulus. On beta I am already bored after just a few days. I find myself drawn to the live servers where I can enjoy the game that I have always know, even if only for a few more days.
This is just too much of a change - I feel like I have found a penny but lost a £1. I don't actually need the penny and losing the £1 is really painful.

Raspa

Merchant
If I understand how it works, whoever is armored with dollars can diamond to make more fights and finish first to have only 100 diamonds, and just for the pleasure of being the first ??? "Inno shareholders surely have something to do with this stupid borderline idea !!!

Proven Legend

Merchant
@inno: Not good reading is it? Now you must reply: What changes you are going to make or That you will not be making any changes. We will then know whether to continue playing or say goodbye to Forge of Empires that WAS interest and a joy to play. Your move.

Thank you for your feedback so far, I am collating it all to be fed back. We are still investigating the range of Eras that you are facing, and I'll let you know when I hear more.
Well, actually, I don't have any problems "trying" to defeat an army of a player that is way more era's above my era ... IF :
1) you can SEE the units of the other players
2) you can choose between auto battle and manual battle
It seems to me very funny just to TRY a battle against a SAM player while being in PE (for example) ... and with the possibility to start a manual battle, I can also choose to surrender to not loose all my units ... loosing this way 1 Attempt I don't care ...
3) (in case the Arena will change this way ) give us each 2 hours 1 new attempt will be much greater !!

But, after all, I believe : doing battles against units of 1 era above me is, of course, always better than 4 and more ages above me ... for SAAB players then a 3 stars battle really need to be much more difficult because SAAB players can't battle against units above their era ! (bring up the % att/def for them or implement a 2nd or even 3rd WAVE ! (see my idea below about that)
Doing (manual) battles against units 1 era above your current era have as pro :
a) you can learn about the units you will face when you reach the next era
b) you can experience if you can handle those units ... if they're still too easy, travel to next era, if they're to difficult : make yourself first stronger .

Other suggestions :
* Firstly : give us always more choice : from each difficulty (2 with 1 star, 2 with 2 stars and 2 with 3 stars ) at least 2 different opponents, 1 real player, 1 NPC .
* create something NEW, like for the 3 Stars battles : why not create for the NPC a battle with 3 WAVES ! That would be a COOL new thing !! :p
* For the 2 stars battles against an NPC : always a 2 WAVE battle please ...
* O, please bring back the battle point numbers after each & every battle !! I miss them very hard !! Those numbers I count on ! They give me (us) an idea how good or bad I end each battle !

I sill think about more possibilities ....

Dudettas. First I want to say I really do admire you for being the one taking the brunt of all this. You have a thankless job I do not think many here would want at the moment. so THANK YOU!!!

Now, my question(s). Quite a few have voiced the opinion that none of the game Devs can possibly be actually playing the game. I do know there were some who did used to do so back when I first started playing.
Are there any who still do?
And if so.
Why are they not being listened to? Because surely they see the lack of gamesmanship in this.
I know it is a long time as games like this go and things do change. But please if anyone on the team was there when Anwar Dalati was designing and playing FoE. Can they ask themselves what he would have thought of this.

Maybe this thread should be renamed Speakers Corner. As Foe Gamers both old school and new members are speaking their mind. WE need to know someone is listening. We need to hear directly from them I think

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Please remember this is day 2 of Beta release. Feedback is not from the forum alone, but to expect to see any kind of changes so soon into a release is unrealistic. Feedback is collated and fed back regularly. To imply that your feedback is not read is simply not true.

Please keep your feedback constructive and avoid swearing and Developer bashing. Posts should have an English translation if posted in a foreign language. Whilst we appreciate your feedback it is also important to stay within the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.

@Duddetas, it doesn't matter if it's the second day (now third), this is the most useless and ugly adition to this game.

I used to play since 2012, didn't understood the game at that time and left my account, decided to play this game again in March 2013 in RO server with my brother, and the SINGLE thing which made me play this game it was the PvP mode with manual fights (because at that time AI was the worst possible and rogues were implemented in April or May 2013 with the first Easter Event) and tournament towers, were I worked and fought to be first all the time, conquering Continent Map and a good part of my neighbourhood as much as I can with my Balistas and Catapults.
At that time to have a level 5 Zeus in CA (colonial age) you were the most powerfull in your hood and forge points same as Ranking points were very hard to obtain from fights ...

And now developers, after those years decided to implement this piece of s..t in this game, with tokens like in a lottery?
Where's the PvP here? I can only see AI vs AI ...

Why they are trying to get rid of people playing this game? For some of us this game is a way to relax and maybe a passion, others like to farm, snipe, developing a beautifull city and others like to destroy everything in their front, fighting everyday.
None want to have a bad taste about this game, but instead of making it beautifull, after every adition, this game become a pain ...

I am not so good in English, but I think people can understand what I'm trying to say.

ced

Last edited:
If gonna do vs all ages, would it not make sense to have special all age units given to use for this specific PvP used for defending and attacking? This would at least be more fair no?
Yes, I vote + 1 for this and I already did a suggestion earlier on going for this option ! ;)
It wil be for sure more "fair" ! And without rogues, because early middle age players probably don't have (enough) rogues and no Alcatraz ...
Go for it Inno and please let us know "something" here ... something new, special, suprise us with a great improvement for the PvP Arena !