• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Feanor II

Baronet
Lots of negative feedback here (very warranted). Want to post a positive feedback about the army screen
1594677325658.png
The PvP arena DA is separate from the regular DA, so it looks like you can have a PvP DA without having to click around it in GBG and GvG. PLEASE keep it this way!!

Osserc

Merchant
Honestly, it makes me angry that scarce development resources were wasted on something so obviously stupid. It's clear the intent is to increase revenue, but increasing player retention would be a more productive way to do that.

This game has many elements that have become such a chore that losing paying customers is a serious problem. Spend your time fixing things that improve the user experience. There's no reason why repeating a quest should take 15 mouse clicks. Or that buying FPs has to be done one at a time. Overhaul the unit/battle UI so that people aren't quitting because they're "all clicked out".

No logical person would ever spend money on this feature, and for every player who does you'll lose many more. A new feature that makes people think about quitting is bad for the game; and your bottom line.

sirblu

Baronet
What points do you want to lose?
You only lose PvP points not the points of the general classification.
If you don't play PvP these points are useless; losing 100 or 500 doesn't matter.
How is being forced to participate not playing? If the IA sets your defensive ARMY and you get attacked, but your AI wins would that not be classified as playing? Whether you want to or not. How about just providing the players a delete feature so we can get rid of that awful looking tower altogether?

Aether7

Farmer
Steps for improving the PvP Arena:

1. Bring back the Towers!
2. Delete "PvP" from Arena
3. Make the arena building look like an arena instead of a tower (lighthouse).
4. Instead of having 3 choices for opponents, have battles start out easy (not more than 3 eras below current) and get progressively harder until opponents run out.
5. Allow us to see our opponents army and swap out or heal units inbetween battles.
6. Autobattle only is fine with this being an arena style of play rather than PvP, but allow us to watch the battle with option to abort if losing.
7. When you abort or leave the arena, your done for the day.
8. Double check that you completed step 1.

This will then be much more like arena style of play from other games.

Feanor II

Baronet
Honestly, it makes me angry that scarce development resources were wasted on something so obviously stupid. It's clear the intent is to increase revenue, but increasing player retention would be a more productive way to do that.

This game has many elements that have become such a chore that losing paying customers is a serious problem. Spend your time fixing things that improve the user experience. There's no reason why repeating a quest should take 15 mouse clicks. Or that buying FPs has to be done one at a time. Overhaul the unit/battle UI so that people aren't quitting because they're "all clicked out".

No logical person would ever spend money on this feature, and for every player who does you'll lose many more. A new feature that makes people think about quitting is bad for the game; and your bottom line.
Absolutely agree. I LOL'd when I saw the rewards. Do they honestly think people will spend hundreds(thousands?) of diamonds for a chance at 10 FPs?

I know I've said this before but I'll say it again-it has been proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that Innogames does not know how to play Forge of Empires correctly. They need one person working in the office whose job is simply to play the game so that the devs can be told when they're doing something stupid.

If they want to make this something people will actually engage in, they'd have to limit the diamond purchases same as they do impediment removal in Egypt Settlement, and the prizes would have to be things that diamond-buying players actually care about like event buildings/selection kits, etc.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
I haven't the answers to all of your questions as yet but I can confirm:

Removing your PvP Defense army unsubscribes you from the Arena.

Each Arena Tournament starts at the same time the PvP tournaments used to begin.

Rogues behave as you would see them behave in GBG in an autobattle.

DeletedUser8068

anyone else’s game crash every time when clicking on the okay button and not having an army set? Happens every time for me when not on mobile App. Get the assign units pop up and it will not allow me to click okay to clear.

sirblu

Baronet
I haven't the answers to all of your questions as yet but I can confirm:

Removing your PvP Defense army unsubscribes you from the Arena.

Each Arena Tournament starts at the same time the PvP tournaments used to begin.

Thank You so much Dudettas

I don't understand: everyone in low eras is complaining about much higher eras opponents. And it's true: I'm in Colonial era, two of the three players the game gives me are often SAAB or Mars era so I generally choose the Colonial opponent BUT it's a NPC. 5 of the 7 opponents I fought were NPC. Why don't I meet the other low eras players? Is it PvP or AIvAI ?

kamyk23

Farmer
Who invented this Arena PVP? Is there a shortage of payments for FoE employees? And leaving the fight to the machine it seems crazy, seeing how fast units attack the cannon, which can not shoot at them.
In a word - IDIOTIC IDEA.

Fenix

Viceroy
I am flattered, I must be extremely good to be able to have the possibility to fight against a top 5 PvP arena player....

1594683226917.png 1594683307476.png

Again, only one plausible opponent to chose, I am colonial.

After the only real option (no surprises, only 1 real opponent again)
1594683493069.png

Thunderdome

Emperor
How do they behave in auto (seeing that I never had done such in all of my time playing on both beta and live servers)? A player who isn't well versed in strategy would probably move his regular units forward because he/she thinks the rogue is stronger but forgets that they can be dropped in one hit if no other regular unit remains on the battlefield. Many players have gone with the one single unit and 7 rogue approach in manual and would keep that unit at bay while the defensive team picks off their rogues while they turned into copies of the regular unit. For many of us, it's an extra cushion that would make a difference in the points obtained when the battles are over.

Myself, when I see the defensive team having rogues in manual, I would pop off the regular units until they're gone and then pop off the rogues after, thus ending the battle.

I guess everyone's going to go with 1 unit/7 rogues for their defensive armies on auto until the manual is added for the time being, eh? (if we are going by the same rules of AI in manual where the units attack rogues first).

Oh and I somehow didn't get a reward being that I tried the feature this morning...
1594688204640.png

Last edited:

ArianX

Merchant
As many said before, don't understand why we're given 3 options with only one being actually possible, guess lower ages are simply not meant to rank cos SAAB n SAM troops cannot be defeated with troops that are 10-12 eras below, hence you're stuck with the 50 points choice.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How do they behave in auto (seeing that I never had done such in all of my time playing on both beta and live servers)? A player who isn't well versed in strategy would probably move his regular units forward because he/she thinks the rogue is stronger but forgets that they can be dropped in one hit if no other regular unit remains on the battlefield. Many players have gone with the one single unit and 7 rogue approach in manual and would keep that unit at bay while the defensive team picks off their rogues while they turned into copies of the regular unit. For many of us, it's an extra cushion that would make a difference in the points obtained when the battles are over.

Myself, when I see the defensive team having rogues in manual, I would pop off the regular units until they're gone and then pop off the rogues after, thus ending the battle.

I guess everyone's going to go with 1 unit/7 rogues for their defensive armies on auto until the manual is added for the time being, eh? (if we are going by the same rules of AI in manual where the units attack rogues first).

Yes, that is how they behave on offense - AI is the same auto vs manual. It's only different on continent map (doesn't target rogues first) vs everywhere else (targets rogues if it can reach them with only a few exceptions).

On defense rogues don't work that well (the offensive AI will target non-rogues first if it can reach them - usually)

Summary:
Offense:
1+7 rogues is reasonable with some exceptions (like a unit that will charge ahead too far and die before the rogues get in range in certain ages).
It's not necessarily an ideal arrangement for all eras however (often things like 8 sentinels in mars outperform any mix with rogues).

Defense:
no rogues is recommended in most scenarios. You may be able to get away with rogues in combination with stealth units or in low ages in small numbers where they won't be left behind and will likely get themselves turned or do some damage before the non-rogues die.