• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Aether7

Farmer
Also, medals can get from:
1) Incidents
2) Recurring Quests
3) Daily Quests
Conclusion: PvP towers are useless ... They give very few medals compared to other possibilities

Well the current towers dont need to be replaced with this new arena. All they would need to do with the current towers is improve the rewards. Simple. You get points for battling in GE, GBG, GvG and neighbors and they are taking that away.

Aeshma

Merchant
With the current rewards, this feature is just a joke - don't bother to release this. Nobody is going to waste their time on such a useless thing. if anyone needs medals they should just level their Arc upto 80 and then help others with 1.9
Yeah, this thing is useless. About the medals, what new players have this level 80 Arc or even know they "should" have one? These are the players for which every possible way to earn medals is useful.

Also, medals can get from:
1) Incidents
2) Recurring Quests
3) Daily Quests
Conclusion: PvP towers are useless ... They give very few medals compared to other possibilities
They still give medals and therefore are not useless. If you get fruit from 4 apple trees and someone comes and burns the smallest one down you still are losing fruit.

DeletedUser

At which time will this start? 8am server time like GE and GBG? Will the first start later?

indian20

Steward
If the algorithm is pretty much the same as for the soccer event, than this will be a big pile of crap. Today on the liver servers I had 7 encounters, 6 of them with only 30 - 40 % chance too win and I won 5 (I won the 7th encounter against an equally strong opponent as well). Days before I had a streak where I lost most of my games (7 or 8 in total) with a 60% chance to win.

Not only that it is not possible to influence the outcome by fighting manually, the so called "random" itself is BS - so we get srewed twice and for that we should diamond

Dream on Inno

Feanor II

Baronet
lets wait and see whats its like tomorrow.
Agreed, I haven't posted anything because I'm waiting to see what it's actually like before rushing to judgment. However, I have a suspicion it will be the exact same as the soccer tournament mechanism, which IMO is the worst (bar none) event mechanism in all the years I've played this game. Entirely luck-based, no strategy whatsoever. If that's what they did here then I know where they can stick it.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
With me leading them, probably ;)

Clicking a button and seeing if Inno decides I'm lucky or not...who knows...

Well I mean if they are doing an autobattle in the background there is still a certain skill in knowing what the AI will/won't mess up :p Not necessarily a very entertaining one though.

There's also the question if they'll show your targets defense before you attack or not. Much more gambling if not since you can't compensate for poor AI against every defense. Selecting an army to pick on a specific AI defense though is much more doable as you can send the right amount of rogues, the right units for turn ordering, etc. Without that it's probably "8 highest initiative (or range for ages where the high initiative units can't reach the enemy on turn 1) for the age units, go! Hope you win guys!"

Then there's the fact that the vast majority of the population isn't "ready" for it to start - defense didn't matter if you collect on time, now apparently it does at least a little. Will the rewards be worthy of hype for people to go through the work to seriously compete in it? Or will it be a joke that most people ignore apart from a few who were already ready for it?

Feanor II

Baronet
Well I mean if they are doing an autobattle in the background there is still a certain skill in knowing what the AI will/won't mess up :p Not necessarily a very entertaining one though.

There's also the question if they'll show your targets defense before you attack or not. Much more gambling if not since you can't compensate for poor AI against every defense. Selecting an army to pick on a specific AI defense though is much more doable as you can send the right amount of rogues, the right units for turn ordering, etc. Without that it's probably "8 highest initiative (or range for ages where the high initiative units can't reach the enemy on turn 1) for the age units, go! Hope you win guys!"

Then there's the fact that the vast majority of the population isn't "ready" for it to start - defense didn't matter if you collect on time, now apparently it does at least a little. Will the rewards be worthy of hype for people to go through the work to seriously compete in it? Or will it be a joke that most people ignore apart from a few who were already ready for it?

I'll give 5-to-1 odds on the 2nd option being the one. My guess is the winning chest will probably be of similar strength to the Challenger's Chest in Daily Challenges.

HossamAly

Merchant

My concern is that this competition concept may actually give an incentive for people to reduce their city defense bonus, even though the intent was the opposite. If your difficulty level when appearing as an opponent for others is influenced by your city defense then that's actually a reason to reduce maybe even eliminate your defense bonus if you can. If you arrange to appear as 'easy' opponent for most then you won't lose a lot of points when you get attacked, but also you might get attacked a lot less since the most active players wouldn't want to waste an attempt on you.

I'm not too bothered you can't manual, I get this is the way to try to balance attack and city defense bonuses, but the whole competition concept is incredibly poorly thought out! You have a very limited opportunity to increase your points (which you can more than double by spending diamonds, as if that's not lame at all), and an unlimited opportunity to lose them, influenced by the algorithm that matches you as an opponent. An algorithm you can't control apart from probably handicapping your defs as I pointed out above (maybe, it's not clear from the announcement that's actually how your defense is rated). How exactly is this a competition based on fighting? Fighting is the least thing that will determine your ranking! This entire thing should go back to the drawing board IMO

DeletedUser10399

Worthless battle mode. If it's all auto-battle and I can't control my own troops, it's worthless. All this does is take away the responsibility of the player to use their heads and think when they fight. I NEVER use auto-battle for anything. Good way to lose troops that you don't want to lose.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
My concern is that this competition concept may actually give an incentive for people to reduce their city defense bonus, even though the intent was the opposite. If your difficulty level when appearing as an opponent for others is influenced by your city defense then that's actually a reason to reduce maybe even eliminate your defense bonus if you can. If you arrange to appear as 'easy' opponent for most then you won't lose a lot of points when you get attacked, but also you might get attacked a lot less since the most active players wouldn't want to waste an attempt on you.

It depends on how easy, medium, hard opponents are chosen. If a hard opponent is just one with a lot of points earned so far from their high attack, then they might need a high defense to keep some of those points otherwise people see that as their hard and go cha-ching, free points. But this is hard to speculate over before we even see it in action. Tomorrow we'll have a better idea I guess as to how they screwed it up ;)