• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
On the note of Ranking points and Ranks:
- It is mentioned that you can rank down or up
- is that only reflected in the offered rewards?​
- how often can I rank up/down per week?​
- I assume, when attacking, the ranking points I gain are deducted from the opponent
- what happens when I lose an attack? Are the points inverse - so, will I be deducted 50 points against a hard opponent and he will gain 50 or will it still be +/-150? Although the point system should be symmetrical to avoid exploits or weird behavior, why should an attacked player that was classified as an easy opponent only be awarded 50 points for defeating a supposedly stronger one - or why should an attacked player that was classified as a strong opponent be rewarded highly for defeating a weaker opponent.​

Last edited:

Xocolatl

Farmer
I actually like the fact that PvP will not allow manual fights. There's really no alternative if you want to have something close to a balance between attacking and defending army. Not allowing rogues would probably help as well.

Since being attacked and loosing reduces your PVP points, I assume that InnoGames wants to increase the importance of city defense. Also not bad. I always liked the looks of St. Basil's cathedral but had no need for its effects. Maybe that will change.

Depends on the rewards, though. Medals as the "main" reward with almost every serious player having a high Arc? Seriously?

I'll probably play PvP just for fun and fights (assuming they count for Himeji Castle), but there would have to be some pretty interesting contents in the reward chests to get me to increase my city defense.

DeletedUser9122

You abandon GvG, GbG is not perfect yet and it takes to much time in the game, The Egypt settlement is horrible and so borring, there is GE and event after event, and you want to give us another activity where BG are usefull, this is madness!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
What happens when I do not set a PvP Arena defense army? Will the opponents get 2 spearfighters, will my city defense be used or will I not show up on other players selection screen at all?

Setting a full 8 unit defense should be a precondition to be allowed to fight other players.

CrashBoom

Legend
or will I not show up on other players selection screen at all?
that will sure not happen

because that would be an easy exploit to prevent getting attacked
and not getting attacked would mean: not losing points

Will the opponents get 2 spearfighters,
wouldn't that be nice
a hard opponent with 2 spearfighters (hard because the game could look only at your defensive boosts but not your army)

that would sure be told to other players and you would lose more fights than other
so not setting up a defending army would let you end worse

Setting a full 8 unit defense should be a precondition to be allowed to fight other players.
why exactly ?

easy win for others and losing more battles/points should be allowed :D

CrashBoom

Legend
from announcement

PvP%20-%20Battle.png

you see age and boosts only
oh wait. Helena must have 2 spearfighters o_O
and the buttonpushing would then probably have only lower era units because he is in the same category as playerone

maybe you are right

Devilsangel

Baronet
It might be like with current leagues, where you see the opponents set up once you press the attack button. Will find out on monday)
@beelzebob666 there is a precondition mentioned in the metadata, I must have forgotten to post it in the spoiler section and dont have a pc at hand right now, but it is there, just not 8 units...it was something about having at least 1 unit and that you leave the arena if you take down the last unit

mdlsoares

Merchant
Please make it possible to buy attempts with medals!!! You can keep the diamonds but allow the medals as well!!
People please vote for this, it would be much better!

The Lady Ann

Baronet
I just keep coming back to this is a strategy game,

so why the heck would you put something into it that requires absolutely no strategy and is just going to be an absolute annoyance, unless they are trying out a new fighting AI and want to test it in absolute lab conditions and then maybe, just maybe we get manual fights or is that me being way to over optimistic?

malacko

Farmer
The interest of the players in this new feature is directly proportional to the prizes obtained.

If they are only medals and little else, nobody will play it. If there are good prizes everyone will play it, even if it has bad mechanics

Praeceptor

Marquis
The interest of the players in this new feature is directly proportional to the prizes obtained.

If they are only medals and little else, nobody will play it. If there are good prizes everyone will play it, even if it has bad mechanics
I'm a strong player, but I rarely spend diamonds. What would be the point of me joining this? I'm not going to win if I don't spend diamonds, and if I do, the best prize possible would be diamonds. Where's the profit in that?

This is aimed squarely at players who think it's important to win a little badge they can put on their profile and brag about. Little badges mean nothing to me, so I'm not going to be joining in.

Azertonn

Merchant
First off: making this a world wide match up makes it next to meaningless for the majority of the player base. The same insanely high atk stat players and diamond spenders will win every week. I think they should make a different arena match up for every age. All EMA together, all LMA together, ect....

Buying extra attempts is a short term money grab for Inno that will negatively impact the game in the long run. Players will be excited about the feature when it first comes out and happily spend some diamonds. Then as the weeks progress and they have to consistently spend to maintain their rank they will get burnt out on spending and probably the game in general. IF Inno insists on making extra attempts cost premium currency they need to DRAMATICALLY reduce the number of attempts that can be purchased in this way. Like ONE diamond attempt a day or maybe FIVE in the entire week. Maybe try to make it interesting Inno. Have a limit of 20 extra attempts per week. the first five are bought with medals, next five with current age goods, next five with FP, and the final five with diamonds.

No matter how the extra attempts are acquired no player should be able to get more attempts "purchased" than an active player gets for free. The purchasable attempt cap so always remain lower than the automatically obtained attempts.

DeletedUser

Im really getting more and more mad about this thing with GB´s ruled out from this feature.

When i build my AO i was told it would help me when i fight units from the same age. (with some % chance)
When i build my Kraken i was told that a unit would be killed in the defending army (with some % chance)

Whats the next GB that InnoGames will rule out, will it be the Arc wount work on other GB´s after this age, or will Alca only work in weekends, during summer vacations InnoTower will only provide half the pop., TBG wount work on buildnings that yeld more than 20FP as base.

We cant trust anything InnoG tells us if they start doing this, next time they give us a new GB it could be great, and then ruled out again when 10 players has it in high LvL

Azertonn

Merchant
It is a required tech in that age you have to get it to get to the next age

How do you know it will be a required tech in the EMA tree? I can not see the new tech in my beta server research tree. I would suspect there is a fair chance it wont be required. If it was it might be more difficult to insert into a research tree for players that are long past the EMA research.

Azertonn

Merchant
Also, I do not like the idea that the progress caries over from week to week. Basically ensuring that the same top players lock up the best rewards forever. Make the standing completely reset every week like the current PvP towers do. Make everyone (auto)fighting for the top spots every week. With ranks carrying over every week you might as well just deposit the top rewards in the same players inventory now. This just turns into an Inno gift for the highest few players/spenders on each world.