• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

The thing is, Beta is for testing not do you like it, and what i have worked out over the years is once they add something its to bad if no one likes it, its here to stay..
over 40k players in beta and probably 90% are here for the heads up on events and don't test a thing so a couple of dozen players on the forums saying we don't like it is not going to change a thing.
I just deleted the da's and forgot about it and when it goes live I will do the same, well untill they do the same sort of thing they did with settlements and add the 24hr coin collection in town hall so you can no longer get rid of the red! by setting a settlement and leaving it...once heaps of people stop using it they will make a way for it to bother you.
the killer here is losing the towers, i rarely if ever attack neighbors but the old towers add up all your GE,GVG,GBG and its not the medals but the weekly competition in the hood that will be missed

Beta is way different than the live servers, I have been here since about 2013-14 and when there is no event everything slows down as there is lots of players that mostly ignore it in between, there is plenty of talk about it live and this will really not go down well when they take the towers away

kaymedic

Marquis
the killer here is losing the towers, i rarely if ever attack neighbors but the old towers add up all your GE,GVG,GBG and its not the medals but the weekly competition in the hood that will be missed

I will also miss them because of this. Yeah the meds were nothing fancy but beeing the first in an age was rewarding enough. Now with this new arena BS I can no longer match myself with my neighbourhood but with some players I never heard before.

So for the record. Please keep the old towers and abonden this pvp arena. Let us fight with our armies and not with some coins I only have few every day.

Hopefully this will also be considered as feedback.

LordTachikawa

Merchant
I'm a mod here so rarely post as a player, but am doing so now. The following is my opinion and does not represent Inno in any way.

I never battled through the PvP Towers. They were unlocked about the same time as the ability to raid the neighborhood and plunder, and plundering is not part of my normal game play so I mostly ignored them. I got plenty of battles in GvG and GE and even did win some PvP Tower medals after I discovered I could battle in GE levels 1 and 2 with lower level troops and place high enough to medal. But it has never been important in my game. I don't GvG anymore but GbG more than makes up for it. I never needed the towers to place near the top in my hood.

I like the PvP Arena for two reasons

1. I actually get rewards I can use - more than a few medals as with the Towers (and which I still get) … rogues/hideouts, coins and supplies, boosts, and even one-up kits (my favorite).
2. I get to see (and even battle) troops from higher eras which I never got to see as a player. I have found it interesting, educational and sometimes perplexing to see what other players do.

I dislike the PvP Arena for two reasons

1. I find it very irritating to have no alternative than to be pitted against SAAB/SAM/other players who I have no real chance against. I don't understand why they are still trying to establish rankings. The idea that lower era players who play often should have no choice but to be paired against significantly higher era opponents because those opponents only play occasionally is IMHO just dumb.
2. It adds insult to injury to be pitted against those same players two and sometimes three times in a row.

If (hopefully when) these two things get fixed my personal opinion is that it will be well received on the live servers

A final observation. What's with all the profanity and personal attacks and invective against Inno, support staff and other players. Do you think it does anything to improve the game in any way? That it helps you persuade anyone at Inno? I don't need to put my mod hat back on before leaving this post to answer those last two questions for you. You should know the answer. It does not.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Beta is way different than the live servers, I have been here since about 2013-14 and when there is no event everything slows down as there is lots of players that mostly ignore it in between, there is plenty of talk about it live and this will really not go down well when they take the towers away
True on that. There are few events I enjoyed participating in as it maximizes my rewards, and there are few that I really sucked so badly at or just steered clear from because of the random luck factor. Take the fall event, for example. I know many would have gotten high up on the league ranks, but not this guy. I am always one ingredient short from rising up that I had to wait until I could either get that ingredient through a daily reward or incidents or just toss my hands up in the air and just use diamonds to get the missing ingredient until I kick myself in the rear for getting it time down the road.

I will also miss them because of this. Yeah the meds were nothing fancy but beeing the first in an age was rewarding enough. Now with this new arena BS I can no longer match myself with my neighbourhood but with some players I never heard before.
This is how I determine who does the fighting and who does not and how well I stack against them with the units I use.

Yekk

Regent
The players did not ask for or want this so called "improvement LordTach. As was shown with changing GvG to 3 times a day sometimes the only course of action is to remind inno they exist because of us the players...that a unilateral decision is not the way to make this game better. What does persuade is the fact most posting here are leaders of their worlds on live. What we say will be repeated there on every world...

Change works best when we work together. It never works when it is stuffed down our throats...

Thunderdome

Emperor
A final observation. What's with all the profanity and personal attacks and invective against Inno, support staff and other players. Do you think it does anything to improve the game in any way? That it helps you persuade anyone at Inno? I don't need to put my mod hat back on before leaving this post to answer those last two questions for you. You should know the answer. It does not.
As myself I am going to answer those questions. I am pretty sure others will probably explain themselves as well as I won't speak for them.

Let's back up a bit, shall we? When this travesty came up and was announced, a feedback thread was created. I went to try it out, like any other player would. Found a few quirks within. Voiced them in my beginning posts.

However, during the time for testing, I also noticed the PVP towers (hell, I was under the impression that Inno made a tower that I can click on for easier access so I can see how well I am doing instead of having to click on my town hall and then trying to pull it up from there; I try to time all my collections at the same time so I am a bit OCD) were gone, the scoring for battles were gone, among other things that was like someone threw a monkey wrench into an already functioning machine.

In those first weeks, I, among other players, had asked what happened to the towers along with suggesting some noticeable things that would make the feature accepted. Instead, I've been left in the dark with just some changes:

Increased Rewards: Whoop-dee-doo. So you went from 150 medals at rank 1001-3000 to just 194 medals. At PME, it's a penny compared to the 240k I needed to get another expansion; I can't even use that amount to barter for an attempt to do GE if I wanted to. Not even those at Iron Age would be able to get some good expansions that they have to farm for weeks in order to get 1. In events, if I landed on them, I would get 4k to 18k (max). I would think a good amount would be around 3k to 10k for even reaching that high up for the week. Then it comes to unit rewards. One measly unit for the effort I put forth in participating and engaging? Inno's lucky I got a 'traz that I can get fresh units to make up for the loss. However, I felt really sorry for those who do not have any building or emissary that gives out unattached units daily that they have to hold off fighting because it takes time to recruit new ones ordinarily.​
Removed the Diamond Cap on Attempts: This is one we all didn't ask for but seems like it was done anyways.​
The only two that I can say were noticeable were the Manual Battles AND the timing of attempts (from 4 hours down to 2 hours).​
Since then, I had been left in the dark along with other players wanting answers and we all got the "it's under discussion" shtick. It's the end of the fifth or sixth week now, shouldn't we get something from the developers as to what is going on? As a player, I should have that right. As a spender, that right should have been much closer since I want to know where my money go. You get what I am saying?

Now, to answer that first question, from my own point of view, I use profanity when the lesser, yet nicer, ways didn't get across. If I have something to say, I am going to say it. I am not going to sugar coat it nor brush it off to the side like it didn't happen. I've played countless games in the past and had left some of them all because the developers do not care for the players or what they think and they think they can coax people by placing a price tag around while making things impossible for the average player to accomplish. If I am lobbing torpedoes, it would be directly at Inno for their incompetence. All I had asked for was them to communicate with us on these important matters and instead they run off hiding. Same I can say for the one they have as a liaison. That person only comes when things were getting heated up. Now, does anyone want to wait until that happens or do they get proactive in trying to find out what is the hold up at the same time trying to hold the peace? I lean towards the latter as I was in that seat before (not with this game or developer, but with another).

On your second question, if Inno had not throw this thing about and not removed the towers (the one feature that most of everyone so loved), I am sure I could voice my feedback that is related to the feature. This feedback should have a poll attached to see how many really enjoy it and how many do not with the ability to change their vote once it was to their satisfaction. Isn't that how quality control works? Let me know as it might be different from the times I had done a little QA testing on hardware, software, and firmware in the past.

However, I guess what I am saying is that if Inno had taken our suggestions as well as our criticisms to heart and come forth with some improvements to the player's satisfaction, it would greatly improve the game. We're not just only players that play the beta server. Many of us are ambassadors to our home worlds within the live servers that we play that we spread the news far and wide, especially if something is really good (that's how marketing works). I know I am.

For the third question, I guess if "money talks" (I won't coin in the latter part) is the thing these days, Inno is going to be in for a deep impact should this make it to the live servers in its current form. I would like a game where it's exciting, not boring. Doable under strategy and ability, not impossible due to mismatching and having to have to spend to advance. It wouldn't be fair to someone in IA to be facing someone who is SAAB or SAM (imagine that IA player watching their IA troops get incinerated in one shot before them), or even one of the higher ages from them, now would it? To that IA player, the feature will not be playable, but they cannot get prizes or save up medals (important when grabbing expansions) now that the towers are gone.

Now, to that final question, it's up to you. I've explained as much as I want to with no regret or remorse. You can take up arms (with Inno) and find out when we are going to get our answers to those questions we had been asking 80 pages back across more than 5 weeks since this happened --OR-- you can do what is placed onto you as a moderator and I won't hold it against you. I will hold it against them (Inno) as it's another tick on a list they've got rolling. I wonder if it will get to a mile long when we are through.

Owl II

Emperor
I will, as always, faithfully pass on your feedback. The PvP Arena replaces the neighbourhood PvP Towers, this was why they were removed.

Please understand that you are not being ignored and that your feedback is very much valued. Some of the feedback received here on the forum has already been incorporated into the feature, and they are continuing to work on adjustments to the PvP Arena.

Whilst there is a lot of feedback on this subject, only a portion of that feedback is calling for the feature to be removed. Some of the feedback seen in this thread has already been incorporated and there are more changes to come. This indicates that your feedback is indeed being considered.

Some of you would like to see the Arena removed and the towers reinstated. My latest update was to confirm that this is not on the cards and I'm really sorry that you feel that that equates to not being listened to.

We can't implement all of the feedback we receive and it's not possible to both remove the feature and improve it at the same time. For those who feel the only improvement is to remove it, then, in this case, the outcome is disappointing for you.
If you keep adding something to the game and don't remove anything, it will destruct in the end. Devs removed one boring thing. This is excellent. But why did they replace it with another boring thing? And let's be honest: PVP arena looked better at the start it does now. All the changes they made(including manual battle) only made it worse.
Ask yourself the question: why will players play this game? Because it allows players to compete? No. Because it an interesting puzzle? No. Because it contains unique rewards that you can't get anywhere else? No. Because it adds ranking points to players?(stupid reason, but it's important to someone). No, no, no.
I m playing this here to understand how it works. And to help with testing. It is the only reason. If the PVP arena comes out on live servers without answers to the question above, I will ignore it sameway I ignored the old PVP towers

maindampfer

Farmer
" The PvP Arena is here to stay and the PvP Towers are not going to be reinstated. " (Dudettas)

A pity, a great pity...

for INNO,
when it is on the live servers, many players will look for a new game (me to?)
and this will probably also minimize the purchase of diamonds,

that is a pity

DeletedUser

OMG, you guys still are hype about the trash of a feature. Just stop playing it if you don't like and find other game to spend your money on. That is the best feedback you can deliver.

In how many polite ways must @Dudettas tell you your opinion is not much of a value, because they have other, "organic" feedback (BTW, does that mean I am artificial or what...?)?

and again the weekly numbers (kind of "other sources of feedback"):

pvp arena - max players
Jul 26, 2020 #5183
Jul 27, 2020 #4327
Aug 3, 2020 #3664
Aug 10, 2020 #3350
Aug 18, 2020 #3254

looks like a slight reduction in crash rate, maybe leveling out to hard-core testers (doubt that there would be so many on life servers, but that's just a wild guess)

continued:

Aug 24, 2020 # 2936

Lekaylee

Farmer
And this may be the other source Inno has. If the players play the pvp arena daily it is a success ;)
Thats it .... I am Thinking of this too ,.... The players in the last 2 centuries and a few just clicking.... That gives an amount XXX of players using this feature .
So I decided to test and after i see : noch changes until then,.... I leave the Tower,... because if there are noch Changes made,.... what else should I test??
If I would be in the position of a dev, I would read the Comments, but more interesting would be for me the hard facts like the amount of people still playing that feature ;)
Thats because I still read here and choose to play AFTER they made changes with the matching system.

If they implement this on live server... same, i will not play this. We do not have to use ALL features ;) I am still a Player building and lvling City and trading, settlement + making my Gex and Events.

Last edited:

Thunderbummy

Marquis
What many of us here have asked for, is that the new PvP feature should be improved to make it inclusive for all. That is give every player on each server, irrespective of game age, at least a chance to win one of the better prizes. As thing stand the same few occupy the top positions (all SAAB age players) and the rest just bumble along, however, we are promised further improvements so will just have to live in hope for now.
What has not been explained is why the old towers have to be removed. The only conflict between the two seems to be the name so I ask yet again why it is necessary to remove a element from the game which is enjoyed and supported by so many of your customers. I play both here and on several live servers so am able to compare the enjoyment that I get from both competitions. Personally, I find that the old tower game (still current on live) provides far more satisfaction than the new game. It also provides an incentive to keep fighting when otherwise I would stop. Whilst I will happily play the new game when it is properly improved, I will really miss the old towers to such an extent that I will probably stop playing FoE altogether. My activity here on Beta has dramatically decreased in the past few weeks and is now down to harvest and aid visits only just to keep the city alive in the hope that things improve. After 9 years here, that's sad. I have stopped playing the new PvP because despite being around #50 in the global rankings, without spending tens of thousands of diamonds, I simply can't win. Do I want or need the prizes for the other positions - no, therefore no fun and consequently no play. Just remember - when it comes to live - no play = no pay.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Your opinions are absolutely of value but it is not our only source of feedback. Not all players use the forums, either because of a language barrier or because they simply don't want to. To only take feedback from our forums is not representative of the community as a whole. That does not mean that your feedback is not valued and please do not read it as such.

I do read every post on the forums and I accurately feedback and continue to do so. I can't always give you either the news you want to hear or specific answers to some of your questions, such as why a decision was made or why a feature was introduced. If I have to give you unwelcome news it doesn't mean I am taking sides, I do not allow personal opinions to cloud feedback, it is always objective and representative.

jovada

Regent
Your opinions are absolutely of value but it is not our only source of feedback. Not all players use the forums, either because of a language barrier or because they simply don't want to. To only take feedback from our forums is not representative of the community as a whole. That does not mean that your feedback is not valued and please do not read it as such.
pvp arena - max players
Jul 26, 2020 #5183 Aug 24, 2020 # 2936 To only take feedback from our forums is not representative of the community as a whole.

Down +40% 2247 players stopped , we are not that much on the forum, is that not representive enough, don't tell me it's your positive feedback from other sources.

Praeceptor

Marquis
Your opinions are absolutely of value....

Anyone who believes this must be completely deluded.

In the latest announcement there is some vague reference to "other places" where everyone loves this load of garbage. That is a lie. There are a few players who aren't interested in seeing how they compare to the rest of the hood, but far more of us like the hood competition with a chance to beat the other 70 players. This new "improvement" means you have to beat a whole server to win. What chance does a low age player stand?

I am absolutely furious - not about the arena, but about the way Inno is treating us like idiots!

Nessie

Baronet
pvp arena - max players
Jul 26, 2020 #5183 Aug 24, 2020 # 2936 To only take feedback from our forums is not representative of the community as a whole.

Down +40% 2247 players stopped , we are not that much on the forum, is that not representive enough, don't tell me it's your positive feedback from other sources.

There are 5.185 active players on Beta and 3.725 active fighter - foestats.com/zz/zz1/?server=zz1&world=Dunarsund

How many did post here and how many gave likes? For sure it's a representative number of players! Maybe not enough "whales" though...

DeletedUser

I do read every post on the forums and I accurately feedback and continue to do so. I can't always give you either the news you want to hear or specific answers to some of your questions, such as why a decision was made or why a feature was introduced. If I have to give you unwelcome news it doesn't mean I am taking sides, I do not allow personal opinions to cloud feedback, it is always objective and representative.
You have wrong impression, I blame you, perhaps - not at all. I believe you do your job with care and whilst it makes you stuck in a not-very-pleasant (so to say...) position between players and company, there is nothing you can do about it. I hope you get payed enough, at least ;)

But, the fact you might not take into consideration is, we, the community on beta forum, are representative not only of beta players, but players from whole world. We are devoted players who decided to play beta because we know well and love the game - and wanted to share our opinion not only with other players, but Inno itself.

I could not care less about old PvP Towers, but I truly despise new towers. They are only for top SAAB players. If that is intended - Oh my God, that is really horrible feature then and do not tell us it is suppose to be something instead of old Towers...

And do not tell us, beta players are few, hence troubles with paring them in new Towers - because being SAM player I do not have neighbours from EMA or PCE - so obviuosly there is a way to divide those "few" players into groups...

The best you could do, in my opinion, is stop writing those kind of nonsense and just report us those "changes" and tell us when it would finally be ready to ignore it as a whole.

Arwaren

Squire
When this goes live server, players from the highest eras will easily earn combat points because they will have no problem defeating difficult opponents and will have more and more points with each subsequent week. Players in lower eras will most often only be able to defeat an easy opponent, so they will never get high places in the ranking. Unless they spend diamonds on it, knowing that 1 hard fight = 4 easy so you will have to spend some of these diamonds. If you do not spend the diamonds, you will be 501-100.000 places in the ranking, where poor rewards await you.

But as you can see this is what it should look like, since nothing has changed since the PvP Arena is running.

Praeceptor

Marquis
...the fact you might not take into consideration is, we, the community on beta forum, are representative not only of beta players, but players from whole world. We are devoted players who decided to play beta because we know well and love the game - and wanted to share our opinion not only with other players, but Inno itself.

This is so true. People who respond on the beta forum are some of the most experienced and knowledgeable players. Their opinions are worth far more than the children who paste "hearts" all over facebook (or wherever it is Inno claims all the love for the arena comes from - they don't have the courage to tell us where it is and I suspect it doesn't exist).

Not only that, we are the ones who have invested real money in the game we love, and are livid that 80 pages of feedback are being ignored in such a condescending way.

The only way to make Inno listen is to hit them in the pocket. I spent zero diamonds on the last event, and my wallet will stay in my pocket until they change their attitude to their customers.

Utterly disgraceful.