• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

Julian24

Viceroy
Why should I be penalized with attrition for a bad matchmaker?
I was just giving a solution for something players complained. For me personally it is not a problem to fight the same player multiple times.
Also, broken matchmaking is an exaggeration. Would you say rhe neighborhood merges are broken, just because some neighbors stay after a merge or two? Would you say randomness is broken, just because you got the same result 4 times in a row? I don't think so.
We don't know how the algorithm works, but we can be sure it is way better, than in the first iteration of the PvP-Arena. Not everything is nor can be perfect.

I was just giving a solution for something players complained. For me personally it is not a problem to fight the same player multiple times.
Also, broken matchmaking is an exaggeration. Would you say rhe neighborhood merges are broken, just because some neighbors stay after a merge or two? Would you say randomness is broken, just because you got the same result 4 times in a row? I don't think so.
We don't know how the algorithm works, but we can be sure it is way better, than in the first iteration of the PvP-Arena. Not everything is nor can be perfect.
If I'm getting the same player over and over to need this as a solution, that's a problem with the matchmaking.

Julian24

Viceroy
If I'm getting the same player over and over to need this as a solution, that's a problem with the matchmaking.
And why is this a problem? It would be realy helpful if you could explain some more and maybe give a possible solution. The more detailed, the higher the chance, that inno will change it like you expect! :)

And why is this a problem? It would be realy helpful if you could explain some more and maybe give a possible solution. The more detailed, the higher the chance, that inno will change it like you expect! :)
I think you need to explain since you're giving solutions for this problem. If there is no problem fighting the same player, then there is no point adding attrition.

Julian24

Viceroy
I think you need to explain since you're giving solutions for this problem. If there is no problem fighting the same player, then there is no point adding attrition.
Again, I just provided one solution, because others saw this as a problem. I don't know why they see a problem there, I don't. But if it is something many players think is a big problem, this idea is just one solution for it. So you should ask the ones who saw that as a problem, why it is one.

Again, I just provided one solution, because others saw this as a problem. I don't know why they see a problem there, I don't. But if it is something many players think is a big problem, this idea is just one solution for it. So you should ask the ones who saw that as a problem, why it is one.
Probably the best factor is already in the game - you can only fight so many times per day. Even if you got the same person every time, you are forced to stop simply because you run out of turns. It may be easier to implement a way to remove a user you've already fought from your "pool" of challengers for the day, but I can't see the backend.

Fenix

Viceroy
Is a problem, yes. If the opponent is easy and you know you will win every time, you only have to chose that player, and climb the ranks.

Ex.
1611730472032.png1611730367120.png:1611730202219.png1611730285953.png
1611730102680.png1611729959078.png

And I can continue indefinitely (using medals)

1611730763288.png

Attachments

• 1611730729110.png
    1611730729110.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Is a problem, yes. If the opponent is easy and you know you will win every time, you only have to chose that player, and climb the ranks.

Ex.
And I can continue indefinitely (using medals)
I don't see the problem, but would you prefer getting hit with attrition every time you chose that guy? Sounds like it'd be more effective to improve the match making.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
The constructive feedback we received so far:
  1. The league rewards should be increased
  2. Add a way to compare your performance to other players from your neighboorhood and age outside of the PVP Arena
  3. More different opponents - if more players participate, the pool of potential opponents increases and you will face different opponents
  4. Improve matchmaking also based on attack and defensebonus
  5. Defense being in a disadvantage in % bonusses - there are plenty of ways to boost your stats of your defensive army equal to your attacking army. If you do not wish to invest in this, that's ypur own choice
  6. We want the PVP Tower back - the PVP Arena will substitute the PVP Tower
  7. Better ways to earn medals without the PVP Tower - the best way currently is investing in Great Buuldings from other players with a decent Arc

We are looking for constructive feedback for this feature. Spamming we want the tower back, just saying this update sucks, you stop playing or derogative comments towards Innogames are not helpful.

If you want this feature to be better than it currently is, please share constructive feedback for us to improve this feature.

Micos

Farmer
We are looking for constructive feedback for this feature. Spamming we want the tower back, just saying this update sucks, you stop playing or derogative comments towards Innogames are not helpful.

If you want this feature to be better than it currently is, please share constructive feedback for us to improve this feature.
Some constructive feedbacks:
- during the running events there should be event related rewards available (for example, during Forge Ball event we would win some balls)
- please, introduce a new buildig (3x4 or so size) with many levels and let us win fragments of it, it should give FP-s, fighting units, bonuses, goods for guild treasury, etc.
- maybe you should introduce a speacial fighting unit that can be won in PvP arena.
I suppose, theese would be the key to be involved into the PvP arena.

I mean, let playing PvP arena a real advantage for those, who start playing it. Not it gives barely nothing special. I can win FP-s on GBG, it is not exciting enough.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
In order to perpetuate the arenas, wouldn't it be possible to create a "general" improvement kit among the rewards of the most assiduous players?
This "general" improvement kit could replace any building improvement kit.
It could very well, to be regular without becoming commonplace, be won in fragments.

Gamer2412

Merchant
  1. The league rewards should be increased
  2. Add a way to compare your performance to other players from your neighboorhood and age outside of the PVP Arena
  3. More different opponents - if more players participate, the pool of potential opponents increases and you will face different opponents
  4. Improve matchmaking also based on attack and defensebonus
  5. Defense being in a disadvantage in % bonusses - there are plenty of ways to boost your stats of your defensive army equal to your attacking army. If you do not wish to invest in this, that's ypur own choice
  6. We want the PVP Tower back - the PVP Arena will substitute the PVP Tower
  7. Better ways to earn medals without the PVP Tower - the best way currently is investing in Great Buuldings from other players with a decent Arc

I think that is mainly the major critics this time.

What I am missing most is the comparison to the neighbors. Because the "fight" against the neighbors is only many levels, not only with battles, but also by not helping or helping with GBs. Battles against neighbors was only one facet in the neighborhood and therefore the PvP Towers only part of this fight.

What I can understand is that you do not want to take GvG or GBG into account on the towers, and this is a legitimate goal...

We want the PVP Tower back - the PVP Arena will substitute the PVP Tower

Could there be at least an option to at least keep the sense of the towers where the points one wins in a battle ( outside the Arena and maybe even in it) count for something?
Like having some section that's called "towers" in the arena, where the points and ranking of the players are listed and after each week the first 10 players get a certain amount of tournament points? Just keeping the fun in fighting with different age units and a strong help for the GvG.

Like all in all I love the idea of the arena, just wish it wouldn't have to include the removal of such a core part of the game.

Also very happy that yous plan to increase the rewards,.. please increase the amount of medals one can win with it, at least for the lower age players, as they will now miss out on getting medals for expansion in the beginning and as we all know, space is very essential, especially in the beginning....

Maybe a cool idea would be that the arena offers "expansion fragments" as prices where one needs like 100 to get a PvP arena victory expansion for coins or something like that... that would really make up for the lost medals and help everyone, as we all really need space..

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I explained why it is not rational to invest in the defense of the city. The attack bonus used in all elements of the game. In battles with neighbors. In the battles on the GVG. In the battles in the GBG. In the battles in GE. In battles on the continent map. The Defense bonus used only in battles with neighbors(no one cares about this for a long time. Only some players maybe) and now the PVP arena has been added. One PVP arena will not outweigh all the other features. Why do you reject the idea of removing the defense and attack bonuses from the city in the arena?

LastWarrior

Regent
This is fine just needs to sort out who you have as opponents, maybe remove so many bots and it will work fine.
There are very few who even look at the pvp tower so it can go.