• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 29th January

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

That all sounds clearer - perhaps a good clear and full explanation when it goes to live so all users are much clearer on what's happening. I'm not sure many users have the slightest idea on ordinary buildings let alone the specials.

Apropos nothing what happened to the FoE blog - no updates since August

LadyHecate

Marquis
Previously, we had rogues displayed first in the light unit tab, which was great because they are used more often than any other unit.
Now, they are displayed last!
And while on browser you can click in the middle of the scrollbar to get to the rogues quickly, on app there's no scrollbar, so we actually have to scroll through all light troops to get to the rogues. Very inconvenient :(

Please reverse this change or better yet make a separate tab only for rogues. :D
Agreed! Fighting on the App has now become very tedious when conducting multiple battles. Please reverse this change.

qaccy

Emperor
@BetaTest03 I'm aware that building size doesn't matter for aiding. The person I was responding to suggested it as a possible improvement to the system, not me.

Tabs are by type (heavy, ranged...), not by age, that is a secondary listing order... Rogues are the only unit that change their type, so wouldn't much strange to have them in a separate tab (call the tab "no type units" or "adaptive type units" to keep it generic and opened to future new units, that's all :p)

Something of a misquote. The people suggesting that rogues get their own tab are ignoring how the game already categorizes units. Rogues in their base form are light units, hence their categorization. But when they suggest giving rogues their own tab, their justification is that rogues are ageless and thus somehow don't really 'belong' with the rest of the light units.

DeletedUser7779

@BetaTest03
Something of a misquote. The people suggesting that rogues get their own tab are ignoring how the game already categorizes units. Rogues in their base form are light units, hence their categorization. But when they suggest giving rogues their own tab, their justification is that rogues are ageless and thus somehow don't really 'belong' with the rest of the light units.
Do semantics matter so much to you? We're suggesting something which would make the game way easier and convenient to play (not to mention faster, especially in gvg) and your argument against is that rogues are light units...
Let's just call them special units and be done with it. A new tab special units with rogues displayed first, followed by drummers and color guards.

DeletedUser8746

Rogues at the end for mobile app detracts from battling. Why was this done??

Really don’t like the new graphic ‘zzz’ - too blurry, and I’m using iPad Pro with great resolution. Again, why change something that wasn’t broken, and make it worse??

DeletedUser

really disappointing week

on Monday players believed the "so far" will bring new content on that day
now on Wednesday still no new content

qaccy

Emperor
I wasn't expecting anything in particular. Hopeful, certainly, but to be honest I'm happy with just the update to the aid priority system.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly i expect it's just the carnival event that's supposed to be going up (but there's something not quite finished about) - considering the timing of that going to live should be in just a couple weeks it's surprising we don't have it yet on beta.

DeletedUser8277

Love getting HoF added into priority. In one world where I have many it was frustrating not collecting houses to make sure HoFs got them as they were the last thing it seemed. In another world where I have ample people aiding me I will no longer have to manually visit all my guildies cities to hit their HoFs.

DeletedUser8404

Just to make it clear: only buildings with extra functionalities as described in the changelog are taken into account for the new aid priority system. Standard buildings from the technology tree (or special/event buildings with no additional functionality) are not prioritized and will retain their behavior.
It seems to me that all regular buildings should be included in the priority list as well...a Public Bath with 570 happiness should be polished before, say, a Fence with only 30 happiness, even though the Public Bath is from IA and the Fence is from HMA. If I understand correctly, the system for regular buildings is list-based. This makes decorations a hindrance to gameplay rather than a benefit, as I'm sure you already know. If you're going with the list-based system, then at least ignore age in your list and sort it based strictly on happiness.

Similarly, coin and production buildings should be motivated from high-to-low, regardless of age or production time. For example, if they're producing more gold, I want my 8-hour houses motivated long before my 1-hour houses, even if the 1-hour houses are a higher age.

Andi47

Overlord
It seems to me that all regular buildings should be included in the priority list as well...a Public Bath with 570 happiness should be polished before, say, a Fence with only 30 happiness, even though the Public Bath is from IA and the Fence is from HMA. If I understand correctly, the system for regular buildings is list-based. This makes decorations a hindrance to gameplay rather than a benefit, as I'm sure you already know. If you're going with the list-based system, then at least ignore age in your list and sort it based strictly on happiness.

I agree. Since the Aid button has been introduced, I don't have any decorations in my city (except the Eternal Tree of Love, and maybe one of the old specials (I still have the Mobilith somewhere, because I didn't want to use my last Storage kit on it, and then I forgot about it)).

I only build Decos if it is for quests ("Gain 20k Happiness" or "build 5 decos" main- and event quests) - and only to remove them as soon as they are counted for the quest.