• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 29th January

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8150

Obviously nothing to do with any future ...ahems....but can we get the devs to drip some guidance when they know about 'new resources'. We've had the situation @ age changes with the two special resources (Prom/Ori) where we have no idea how much we might reasonably need and if (and plenty did) some people stockpiled far more than they could ever use they could not even do anything with it.

I know its not the end of the world but some guidance so people have make better estimates or something else we could do with it. (Even trading only between the special resources would be something!)

DeletedUser

we will get the next event countdown
event will start on Thursday or Friday

:eek:

DeletedUser7779

I don't see this in any change log, so i will post here.
Since last update on app (yesterday or the day before) the order of the troops in army window has changed.

Previously, we had rogues displayed first in the light unit tab, which was great because they are used more often than any other unit.
Now, they are displayed last!
And while on browser you can click in the middle of the scrollbar to get to the rogues quickly, on app there's no scrollbar, so we actually have to scroll through all light troops to get to the rogues. Very inconvenient :(

Please reverse this change or better yet make a separate tab only for rogues. :D

qaccy

Emperor
Perhaps it's a hint for something coming up tomorrow/later in the week. I think changelogs only get updated once per day (at most) so that's what I'd expect.

Moving rogues to the end of the light unit tab on the app does make it consistent with the PC version, but it sounds like quite a larger annoyance over there as well. I don't personally play on the mobile version at all, but I'd probably be rather annoyed if I did if I wanted to use rogues and it's now much more cumbersome to select select them. Was this an intended change?

Also, I'm not in favor of having a separate tab specifically for rogues on the grounds that every time I see someone suggest it, they completely forget that rogues are not the only 'no age' unit. Color Guards and Military Drummers may not be as useful to most, but they're in exactly the same category. However, I still think that keeping units organized purely by type is the best way to do it. Perhaps what I could get behind is being able to select units as 'favorites' and have a tab populated with those, which could include rogues along with other units you frequently battle with.

qaccy

Emperor
What were the flaws in the previous way of prioritization?

I think the main thing was that the developers had to remember to manually add each building that 'belonged' on the priority list when they added new buildings to the game. Now it's going to be automatic based on parameters coded into the game. Essentially, now there should never be an issue of 'why isn't building x on the aid priority list when it does the same thing as building y?' because the devs don't have to remember to do it. That's how I understand it anyway, and sounds like a great change if it's also going to take age priority into account.

DeletedUser

finally (after long discussing in the en forum)
3 FP is more than 1 FP :p
and motivated first :rolleyes:

I think the main thing was that the developers had to remember to manually add each building that 'belonged' on the priority list when they added new buildings to the game.
the actual problem was:
they didn't think when adding the buildings

or how can you explain that they added new buildings with 3 FP in the list after the SoK ?

after a few seconds everybody would know that a 3 FP building should be motivated before the SoK
and if you have 150 SoK that order is a problem when they add more and more building that are better than the SoK but are added behind them

nice joke

advertising something for monday and not delivering

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
I just see today's changelog with the change of polivating priority prioritizing.

Nice! this should eliminate the ever-recurring issues with new event buildings not being prioritized. :)

But there is still one thing: Many people avoid building decos (and prefer stuffing empty spots with roads or keeping them empty) despite they look quite nice, because decos are considered to be "polivating traps": When you have a decent number of decos (such as corals, ice flowers and cherry trees) in your city, you will never get your supply buildings motivated and your large culturals polished - but stars keep dancing among your corals and cherry trees. So better remove those decos (what a pity) to get your more important buildings motivated and polished.

Suggestion: Prioritize the buildings (which come after the special buildings) something like this:

supply buildings = cultural buildings > 3x3 decos > 2x2 decos > 1x1 buildings (and also consider their era - e.g. such as that a Boathouse is motivated before the Poseidon statues, but the poseidons still come before the 25 Blacksmiths (which are doing 5-minute-productions for the DC)...). Maybe something like this: Happiness buildings come equal to supply buildings, as long as there are culturals (Eternal tree of Love) available; decos will be polished when there are no more culturals of the same era or 1-2 eras below available.

("=" means equal priority (random choose); ">" means "left one has higher priority")

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 You forgot to include houses (residential buildings). But anyway, I don't think any 'improvement' would have to be as complicated as you described. The aid system is currently just a 50/50 chance of either polishing or motivating assuming both are available, otherwise it's only going to pick the one that's available. An easier solution would simply be to move decorations to the absolute bottom of the aiding process, like so:

1) Aid priority buildings, following the rules set up by the devs;
2) 50/50 chance of motivate or polish if both actions are available, otherwise always pick the action that's available;
2a) If motivate, pick a random available building in the player's city, starting from the highest age and moving down;
2b) If polish, pick a random available culture building in the player's city, starting from the highest age and moving down;
3) If motivation is unavailable and no culture buildings are available, polish a random available decoration in the player's city, starting from the highest age and moving down

That's really all that needs to be done, if anything is done at all. I imagine that introducing factors like building size would make things much more complicated and a bit too nuanced, if it's even possible to develop the system like that at all.

DeletedUser5324

sorting of rogues:
in general i think that the needs of the browser users should have priority as the percentage of the app users who are using fight instead of negotiation is much lower as among the browser users.
imho there should either be a separate tab for rogues or the sorting should remain as is.
now you only need one click to get access to the rogues as they are positioned at the end of the list.
if they were put at the beginning this would mean that one would need a lot of clicks to get access to the 'normal' light units as usually there are more rogues than regular units available.
a slightly better access to the rogues thus would mean a much worse access to the regular light units; a worsening but not an improvement.

DeletedUser5324

new sorting rules: how will 'special' buildings as the hall of fame be handled?

RedRed

Viceroy
nice the new priority management... as for polishing, would be logical to the users to polishing by happyness (from the one that gives the most happiness to the lower)... no more deco issues, but this it removes the randomness (@Zarok Dai new prioritizing works in this way even for polishing? not sure from the announcement...)

they completely forget that rogues are not the only 'no age' unit. Color Guards and Military Drummers may not be as useful to most, but they're in exactly the same category
Tabs are by type (heavy, ranged...), not by age, that is a secondary listing order... Rogues are the only unit that change their type, so wouldn't much strange to have them in a separate tab (call the tab "no type units" or "adaptive type units" to keep it generic and opened to future new units, that's all :p)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I imagine that introducing factors like building size would make things much more complicated and a bit too nuanced, if it's even possible to develop the system like that at all.
size doesn't matter for aid

more supplies/coins are more supplies/coins
even if buildings are smaller

from the changelog
This refers to the output of the building, and within each group buildings producing higher amounts will always be higher in priority than those producing lower amounts.
so if this would apply in the group of normal buildings a building that gives more will be aided first

because
higer amount of supplies/coins then would be higher in priority to those with lower supplies/coins

DeletedUser16

so if this would apply in the group of normal buildings a building that gives more will be aided first

because
higer amount of supplies/coins then would be higher in priority to those with lower supplies/coins
Just to make it clear: only buildings with extra functionalities as described in the changelog are taken into account for the new aid priority system. Standard buildings from the technology tree (or special/event buildings with no additional functionality) are not prioritized and will retain their behavior.
I updated Zarok's post to make sure that it's understood correctly: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...g-changelog-w-c-29th-january.8515/#post-57997 :)

Last edited by a moderator: