• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler New Tutorials - Egypt cowboy

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Honestly, I'd be much more willing to buy a FoE DLC with extra bonus quests and content rather than something like Forge Plus. You could even put the drop of the bonus questline halfway between ages, so it gives more content per age released. The bonus quests were always kind of fun. If it was paid though, it would be cool to work in some exclusive techs, story, and cMap content to make it all work together. Idk. Now I'm thinking way too much into it.

I also miss the historical questlines. If the bonuses from their buildings were better, limited questlines that could be completed to get exclusive buildings would be nice. I still am sad about historical questlines :(

Basically though, as a player, I'd much rather pay for new content than any other item or service.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
new questgiver image:
allage_bert_large.png

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
I doubt they would do it without testing on beta, even if they won't have a lot of testers I'm sure they'd like to test it a bit before they release it. I'm sure a disruption to a new world release would do much more harm than not having the new tutorial - after all I imagine most players who start the first couple of days are already familiar with the game.

Tempestas

Squire
Some time between two events would be the ideal time. Sure, a few might not like having to move up, but in reality why would you want to camp in BA? And it's not like it takes long to unlock the first IA tech, can easily be done in days.
I'm really enjoying my BA city. My general thought is to stay there as long as possible, partially just to see how long I can do it before reaching paralysis. It's a puzzle to solve, a personal challenge. Why play any of the games at all. It's not like anyone ever really wins. I've been in BA almost a year in Carthage. I believe I've completed every event except the one I arrived during. From a supporting your guild point of view a BA city's treasury buildings will support IA. Its much less work, a simpler game to not need to do GE and GBG. I will be very sad if I can no longer do events in BA.

Tempestas

Squire
Do we know any more about the rumor of moving events out of BA to IA? I would be helpful to know. It affects how I play in 2 different worlds and if affects a whole guild in one of my worlds. Very frustrating.

Emberguard

Emperor
Do we know any more about the rumor of moving events out of BA to IA? I would be helpful to know. It affects how I play in 2 different worlds and if affects a whole guild in one of my worlds. Very frustrating.
It is an unknown. Nothing has been announced on it. All we have is speculation from something found in the code. For all we know it may be nothing more than a passing thought that’ll never happen. Though is anything, I’d like Daily Challenges moved to Bronze Age and released with Events ;D

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Some new tutorial assets, some bigger ones this time. The Industrial age one has me a bit confused with the 2x2 roads ... and the egypt layout is quite a poor one, but hopefully these are just temporary...?

tutorial_wallpaper_industrial.png
tutorial_wallpaper_industrial

tutorial_right_architect_cowboy_shot.png
tutorial_right_architect_cowboy_shot

tutorial_wallpaper_co_egypt.png
tutorial_wallpaper_co_egypt
[/img]

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Some new tutorial assets, some bigger ones this time. The Industrial age one has me a bit confused with the 2x2 roads ... and the egypt layout is quite a poor one, but hopefully these are just temporary...?

[/img]
They've never really show good layouts. They always tend to just show something that looks cool. Hence, the two lane roads and Egypt layout. Somewhere out there there's a layout where basically every building is surrounded by roads but I'm too lazy to go find it.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
You can create nice looking layouts without them being crap, this is for the tutorial after all. They don't have to be the absolute best possible layouts, and can definitely still be all regular buildings despite event buildings being better, but something resembling what's considered good would be nice :) Personally I find both of those examples ugly as well, but guess that'll be different for all :)

Emberguard

Emperor

[/img]
Maybe they mixed up Industrial with Progressive?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Perhaps an "early" industrial era tutorial teaching about the 2x2 roads that are unlocked in progressive era. Even though it's doubtful that most players will using 2x2 roads, as we're in the age of forge of events.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
not sure if it is for the new tutorial or for the forgebowl, but there seems to be a new questgiver
The design seems a bit off (3D-ish) and might be a placeholder

cross_selling_roc_felix.png

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
"Rise of culture" is a big flop, maybe Innogames is looking to recycle the work of graphic designers?!

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
It's called "Cross Selling ROC Felix", perhaps some sort of Rise of Culture / Forge of Empires promo? Would be interesting if that was the case ... not quite sure how it would work but from a business stand-point I think it could be quite a smart idea.

Edit: Here's a fixed link for the image
cross_selling_roc_felix-89296c176.png

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
"Rise of culture" is a big flop, maybe Innogames is looking to recycle the work of graphic designers?!
If it’s a placeholder then it really doesn’t matter what gets put there. And I’m not sure why you consider it a flop, it’s fairly new. If it were a flop it wouldn’t still be there: Inno has pulled the games that actually were flops in the past